• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,643 Views, 53 Comments

Return of the king - emberflare



When Equestria's former rulers returns, what will happen?

  • ...
3
 53
 1,643

Revelations

Chapter 7: Revelations

Thanks King Otrepony for his editing.


Back inside the barn in Sweet Apple Acres, a small group was standing around. This group currently consisted Rarity, Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie, Apple Bloom, Big Mac Sweetie Bell. Fluttershy was out trying to find where Scootaloo was, and none of the colts had come back. Big Mac was finishing bucking some trees can collecting food, Stormrage had gone up to Fluttershy’s cottage to get the animals and bring them down. Aurora had gone to his hotel room for some supplies, while Berry and Illidan had gone out to collect more food from Sugar Cube Corner.

Big Mac returned with a lot of apples, all of which the girls started placing in pacts that Ember had made before going to see how Luna was doing. Several minutes later, Aurora came back carrying a large pack on his back which he claimed carried “family memories”. Berry arrived by himself with a large number of sweets and cakes.
Ember walked out of the house and into the barn, where he saw everypony working hard to get everything done. Where is Twilight? If what Luna says is true, then I fear for her safety. But’ Ember never finished his train of thought as he saw, actually, the lack of a certain farm Pegasus. He walked to Berry who was helping Pinkie split the cake up “Berry, where is Illidan? I sent him with you”
“Oh, I told him to go up to that cloud house where Shadow and Rainbow are. I remember you mentioning something about getting our friends, and since I can’t fly nor stand on clouds. I asked Illidan to go there instead”
“Smart idea, thanks Berry, can you get Fluttershy or somepony to just run out and quickly check up on them? I’m sure they won’t be long, but rather safe than sorry”
Berry nods his head quickly before trotting off to where Fluttershy was sorting food, and replaced her in the station, before she walks out of the barn and took off.

At the same time as Fluttershy starts flying towards Rainbows home, Illidan had landed on Rainbow’s porch and tapped on the door which slid open. Illidan walked into the living room and saw a pony that honestly shocked him. He spotted Twilight Sparkle who was simply standing in the living room, facing him. He remembered meeting her when he crashed into the tree, but he knew that she had headed up to Canterlot and was meant to be up there for a few days.
“Twilight..What are you doing here?”
Twilight took a step towards him “Funny you should ask, I was about to ask you the same damn question”
“I-I came here to get Rainbow Dash and Shadow Flare”
“And why would you do that?”
“Well, as I’m sure you know, Princess Luna crashed here and Ember told us……” Illidan stopped as he realised something odd ‘If Twilight knew about the Princesses injury, then why is she relaxing up here, unless she has no idea. But something has happened up there, and Twilight coming back here is more than ‘convenient’. She knew what happened……’
“She crashed? So the little bitch did survive” Twilight says, interrupting Illidan’s train of thought as her horn starts glowing.
“Tw-Tw-Twilight, what happened in Canterlot…?” He took a step back, fear starting to creep into his eyes.
Suddenly, the door slams shut, making Illidan jump and his head face the closed door that has a slight purple glow on it. His body starts to shake with fear as he takes another step back, getting closer to the back wall.
“In Canterlot, I was freed. And stop calling me Twilight, that’s not my name. And you’re here for whom again?”
“Tw-Tw-Twilight, please uh wh-where’s Rainbow and Shadow?” He sees a sly smile forming on her face “What have you done with them?”
“Rainbow? Shadow? You mean the Pegasi that live here? The captains that break regulations by going out, despite being competitors? They’re here” Twilight pointed behind him.

Illidan turns around and sees 2 Pegasi standing behind him. First thing that surprised him was they had snuck up on him, but what caught most of his notice was who it was. He instantly knew who they were, despite being completely grey. He knew his idols every feature and to see them like that make his heart beat heavily.
“Shadow! Rainbow! What happened?” he completely forgot about Twilight, completely fixated on the ponies in front of him.
“They are my loyal puppets now Illidan, and unless you want to join them. Tell me where that bitch Luna is” She took a step towards him, making him panic even more.

“RUN!” Illidan turns around in shock as the pony he knew as Shadow Flare jumps in-between him and Twilight, allowing him to run. Seconds later Rainbow Dash was doing the same.
Illidan ran and jumped next to the window and turned, expecting to see Shadow and Rainbow right behind him. Instead he saw them on the ground, writhing in pain. Shadow glances up and looks straight into his eyes and, despite the pain it would cause him, he yells “Get out! T…The attack! RUN!” he brings his head down before screaming in pain. Illidan looks back one last time, regretting not being able to help the ponies he looks up to, before taking off and heading to the farm, only to nearly crash into Fluttershy.
“I-I-Illidan, what’s the rush? Where’s Rainbow and Shadow?” she managed to keep flying despite the hit in mid-air.
“Come on, I’ll explain later. We have to leave town with everypony now!” He grabs onto Fluttershy and practically drags her with him back to the farm.

Illidan lands with Fluttershy in tow, seeing ever pony was finishing organising all the supplies. He ran to Ember.
“Ember, you got to hear this. You’re not going to believe what just happened at Rainbow’s place”
Ember turns around, looking Illidan straight in the eyes “Now is not the time Illidan, I’m kind of busy talking to Luna about what happened in Canterlot” Illidan could see Princess Luna was lying on some hay, her wounds mostly healed.
Illidan signed, before looking straight into Embers “It’s Twilight, isn’t it?”
“How…?” Ember looked at the Pegasus with a look of pure shock and horror clear on his face before Luna spoke up, her voice shaky.
“Enter. We need to hear everything” The door was covered in a light blue aura and closed, leaving Illidan to explain what he had saw in Rainbow’s home.