• Published 2nd Jun 2021
  • 1,000 Views, 72 Comments

Equestria Glitch Techs - Kaliann25



After months of waiting for its launching, Sunset Shimmer finally buys the latest Hinobi console. But when Equestrian magic gets involved, the console start to glitch. It is time to call tech support, it is time to call... the Glitch Techs.

  • ...
2
 72
 1,000

Glitch infestation

Glitch infestation

Sunset looked at the horse statue then back to Miko and Five.

She took a deep breath and looked at the Techs again, focusing on their bracelets.

“Okay, this is fine. It doesn’t have to become a crisis. Not yet. But first things first. Hey guys, do you need your fingers to operate those things?”

Miko smiled. “Well, yeah. I mean, we can operate the basic cannons without them but we do need our fingers to activate them!”

Five was checking on his bracelet, when gasped. “Miko!! The glitch signals is multiplying! What’s with this statue?”

Sunset groaned.

“It’s a portal, not a statue! And, is it multiplying? Great! Just activate your ‘cannons’ and follow me. And for Faust’s sake, keep what you’re about to see as a secret. Please!”

“Understood!” said Miko and Five in unison, as they activated their weapons.

With that, Sunset Shimmer rushed into the portal leaving Miko and Five dumbfounded.

“Did she just… jumped into the statue?” gasped Five.

“Whaaaat?” said Miko as her jaw dropped.

Sunset’s upper half appeared on the portal and grabbed the Techs’ hands.

“Come on, God damn it!”

And she pulled them inside.

Miko and Five felt dizzy and disoriented for a few seconds, but then they looked around. They were in some kind of, crystal hall? There was a crysal bookshelf with lots of books, a crystal table with pieces of paper spread all over, an inkwell and several quills and pens.

Then they took a good look on themselves. Miko have turned into a white pegasus. Her purple-dyed hair remained the same, but now she had a matching tail. Her Tech bracelet remained on her right forehoof along with her glasses, but the rest of her clothing have vanished. And now she had a sky blue H tattooed on her flank. The H from Hinobi.

Five have turned into a sky blue earth pony with black curly hair, and a matching tail. And just as Miko, his clothes vanished except for his Tech equipment. And he also had the white H from Hinobi tattooed on his flank

“Fiiive! What happened to us? We turned into horses!”

“Horses! How are we suppose to hunt glitches now?!”

Sunset sighed.

Ponies, not horses. Ponies. This is why I told you to summon your weapons on the other side, ponies don’t have fingers.”

Then they noticed the scandal on the background.

A unicorn was desperately fighting one of the monsters from Story of the Blanks. She had pink fur and purple mane with aquamarine strips.

The Shadow Pony was stilly trying to get Starlight Glimmer who could only use her magic to get rid of it. She shot a magic blast to the creature, but instead of getting rid of it or actually hurt it the monster seemed to feed on the energy itself, and divided in two equally frightening creatures.

“What are you?” asked Starlight, trying to get away from the creature by throwing the crystal table to the monster.

“Now do something!!” commanded Sunset.

Miko and Five balanced as they could on three legs and aimed their right forehooves to the creatures.

“Quick question! How are we supposed to shoot now?” asked Miko, shacking her hoof.

Finally a blue blast came from her bracelet destroying one of the glitches.

The other one turned to the new menace and attacked, but it was quickly disposed of it with a blast of his bracelet.

Only the two electricity creatures remained, that they quickly absorbed inside their bracelets.

“Glitch contained” said the mechanical voice.

“Okay! You’re safe now!” said Miko with a smile.

Sunset approached to Starlight and helped her to get back on her hooves.

“Sunset! What was that thing?”

The yellow unicorn was about to explain what was happening, when she heard the scandal from the other room. Somepony cursing, and dragging heavy furniture in order to fight the creatures. Something that was not going to end well.

“Nevermind, you can tell me later! Now we have to help Twilight and Spike!”

They could hear how the fight got more intense.

“Hurry!”

They ran through a small hallway to the main dining room, but their way was completely blocked by glitches. Miko and Five raised their forehooves and started to shoot to clear the way, making the creatures to focus on them as the only known menace.

Starlight looked at the crystal table, and used her magic to put it at the front of the group. The glitches had no choice but climb over the table where they became easy targets for Miko and Five.

Starlight looked at Miko. “Hey! Can’t you fly over them and destroy them from above?”

“I just figured how to walk in fours, give me a break!”

“What?” asked the pink unicorn.

Sunset just placed her hoof on her shoulder.

“Starlight, they’re humans. Don’t be so hard on them!”

Starlight did not say anything and focused on making an opening through the hallway to get to Twilight as soon as possible. For what they could hear, she was having a really hard time getting rid of the glitches.

Finally they made their way to the dining room, where Spike and Twilight were battling the digital monsters.

Spike have created a barrier using chairs, shelves. Anything he could get on his claws as Twilight have made a force field to repel the creatures. She figured that using magic directly on them was a bad idea, but she was perfectly able to keep them away.

Then she noticed Starlight, and Sunset?

“Sunset Shimmer! I really like when you visit but we have a problem right now!”

Then two ponies jumped over the table Starlight and Sunset were using as a shield. A pegasus an earth pony.

“Miko, I go left you cover right!”

“Roger partner!”

They started to shake their hooves shooting blue blasts to the creatures.

Twilight panicked. “No wait! You’re going to make things worse!”

But much to her surprise, instead of multiplying the creatures were reduced to small green monsters made of electricity that disappeared inside the ponies’ bracelets.

“Glitch contained.”

“Are you okay?” asked Five.

Twilight and Spike nodded. “Thank you. What were those things?”

Sunset sighed and smiled apologetically to Twilight.

“I am sorry Twilight. Today, instead of a monster from Equestria making trouble in my world, we had a monster from my world causing trouble in Equestria. I lowered my guard and here we are!”

“Yeah before we realize, we ended up with a glitch infestation! At least we arrived just in time!” smiled Miko proudly.

“Sorry for the trouble that Hinobi caused in your beautiful world. Hopefully this would be the end of it!” apologized Five.

Twilight sighed. “We may have to talk about this later, but for now thank you for your help. I don’t want to imaging what would have happened if one of those escape to Ponyville.”

“At least we took care of Adagio and Aria who started this problem!” said Sunset. “But it’s all over now! Thanks Twilight, I’ll explain everything soon, I promise.”

“Thank you Sunset.” said Twilight.

But then the group heard several screams from outside the castle, followed by the sound of poines running for their lives.

“No, no, no, please no!” pleaded Twilight as she opened the main door to see the chaos spreading over Ponyville.

Ponies were trying to escape the shadow ponies, doing everything in their power to defend themselves. Vinyl Scratch gasped and shot a magic beam to the nearest one but it only made to multiply and now she had to enemies to escape from.

Finally one of her pursuers touched her, turning the DJ into another shadow pony.

“Please don’t tell me one escaped!” said Five.

Twilight and Starlight exchanged a look. They didn’t know what to say.

Spike only scratched his head.

“Well, we were too busy protecting ourselves to actually notice if some of them escaped!”

Miko raised a hoof. “Hey guys, how many of you ponies is able to perform this ‘magic’?”

“About a third of the population.” said Sunset Shimmer.

The Glitch Techs facehoofed.

“Oh, for nerd’s sake!”

The whole group stepped out of the castle, to help the ponies escape from the shadow ponies. One of the ponies have fainted as she mumbled ‘the horror, the horror’ as the inhabitants of Sunny Town jumped over her, making her one of them.

Miko gasped and shot, turning her back to normal.

“Rose, run!” warned her cousin, Daisy, as she was running from the monsters too.

The monsters were about to get them, but Five destroyed them on time and captured them on his bracelet.

“Glitch contained.”

He looked at his partner. “Miko, we need help! We cannot deal with these many glitches on our own!”

“But you see how fast they spread! How can we prevent them to get out of town!”

Twilight and Starlight exchanged a look and nodded.

“Starlight and I can make a barrier to prevent them to leave the Ponyville!”

“And we can host the ponies inside the castle for their safety!” suggested Spike.

“Great! Now we have a plan, let’s move!” said Sunset.

Five started to run back to the castle. “Miko, keep them busy! I’ll get some help!”

“Hurry Five!” said Miko as she keep shooting.

Five returned to the portal, as Twilight and Starlight prepared their horns and created a barrier that surrounded the whole town. Not a magical barrier since it would be far too exhausting for them but dirt walls, trapping creatures and ponies into the town.

The monsters howled and started to walk toward Twilight, Sunset and Starlight as Miko keep them busy destroying or turning regular ponies back to normal, that were lead inside the castle by Spike.

“Is this the only thing we can do? Really?” asked Twilight.

“It seems so. Magic is not the answer this time…” mumbled Starlight.

Fortunately, due to the fact that they lived in the same town as the Elements of Harmony, the ponies have developed an emergency protocol that was pretty much go inside the castle for safety. And when the ponies infected by the glitch were cured, they went to join the others inside Twilight’s castle as they waited for the problem to solve.

Sunset kept the castle safe by throwing every object she could to the creatures. They had to keep them away from the castle.

“Why if Five taking so long?” complained Miko.

In the meantime, on the other side of the portal Five was trying to get some help.

“B.I.T.T.! I need some backup, there’s a huge glitch infestation and Miko and I are not enough to contain them! There are too many of them!!”

“Thank you for your information High Five! Sending the nearest free Techs to your location. Zahra and Haneesh are on their way!”

Five was biting his nails waiting for his backup hoping they arrive before Miko got overwhelmed by the glitches.


“How long until backup comes?” cried Spike fighting a glitch with a sweeping broom.

“Yeah! How long you have to wait to get some decent tech support?” complained Sunset.


At the other side of the portal, a Hinobi van finally parked in front of the school, and two Glitch Techs jumped from it with their cannons ready.

“Hey rookie, where’s the glitch?” asked Han as he gave Five a friendly slap on his back.

Zahra blushed when she saw Five and greeted him with a small nod. “Hey Five, I heard you need some help.”

Five smiled relieved.

“Great, you’re here! You have your cannons ready? Perfect, let’s go!”

“Easy Five…” tried to say Han, but he have grabbed their wrists already and pulled them inside the statue.

The first thing they needed to get used to was to walk on fours on their new forms.

Han was a dark gray pegasus with the H of Hinobi tattooed on his flank in white. As for Zahra she have turned into an earth pony like Five, but she was light gray fur with the H of Hinobi in light blue as Cutie Mark. Most of their clothing have vanished but Zahra kept her hijab.

“What kind of glitch is this?!” asked Zahra.

“Believe it or not, this is not the glitch.” said Five. “ Follow me!”

They ran after Five, through a big room full of ponies of all colors and sizes.

“What is going on?” asked Han.

Ignoring him, Five went to open the door.

A pony tried to stop him.

“No! You’re going to let them in!”

Five pushed the pony and opened the door only to be greeted by one of the zombie ponies from Story of the Blanks.

Five disposed of him, as he ran outside followed by the other two Techs.

Miko smiled when she saw them.

“Five! You brought Zahra and Han, great! I was worried they end up sending Mitch.”

Zahra and Han joined them as they continued started shooting destroying the creatures.

“Are those the monsters from Story of the Blanks?” asked Han. “I remember doing a streaming playing that game a couple of Halloweens ago!”

Starlight glared at the newcomer.

“A game? Is this only a game for you?”

Zahra shrugged. “Hey, I don’t know which type of place is this, but yeah. We’re dealing with videogame monsters. Don’t you have videogames around here?”

Sunset shook her head. “Nope, videogames are not a thing in Equestria.”

Miko froze in shock.

“Miko?” asked Five.

She started to tear up, as she put her left forehoof over her heart, and her wings covered her eyes dramatically, trying to hold back her crocodile tears.

“A world without videogames? How can you live such an empty and boring life?!”

They all sighed, when one of the zombie ponies was about to get her but Han got rid of it quickly.

“Focus Miko! There are too many of them to fool around!” scolded Han.

But Zahra noticed something else.

“Miko, what were you doing with your wings?”

The purple-haired girl tilted her head, as she scratched it with the tip of her left wing. “What you mean?”

“Miko! You can use your wings as hands!” said Five.

“I can? I can!! Yeah!”

Zahra turned to her partner. “Han, try it!”

The boy tried as well, and much to his amusement and relief, he was perfectly able to us his new wings as they were his hands.

He smiled.

“Okay, time for the big boy toys! Miko, give a wing.

“We’ll keep them away from you!” added Zahra. “Five!”

“On it!”

The two earth ponies jumped in front of the group, shooting over and over as the other two went through their weapon catalog to get what they needed. Miko grinned as she found what she was looking for. A weapon made specifically to destroy infernal monsters.

“BFG? Seriously?”

“Hey! I’ve been dealing with them the entire afternoon, and I’m sick of them!” said Miko.

She put the weapon on the ground, since it was as big as her pony form and she pulled the trigger with her wing.

The effect was devastating, the explosion took care of a third of the monsters. Reducing the glitches to their basic form and releasing the ponies who had been possessed by them.

Han smiled and selected a couple of bombs, metallic spheres. He threw them to the remaining glitches, and Five and Zahra shot to them with their canons making them explode, taking care of more glitches.

Once they contained the glitches only a few remained.

“We reduced their numbers enough to separate! Let’s finish this!” said Five.

Zahra nodded. “Han and I would take left, you go right.”

“Okay, let’s go Miko!”

She smiled. “Okay, Ally and I have you covered!”

Using her wing to manipulate her Tech bracelet, she summoned her red bird. Ally seemed puzzled to see her owner like a pony, but Miko hurried to jump over the bird’s back and smiled.

“Come on girl, let’s do this! Let’s get rid of some glitches!”

The bird chirped happily and the two of them began to run around the town taking care of the remaining glitches, followed by Five.

In the meantime, Han and Zahra finished with the glitches at the other side.

Starlight, Twilight and Sunset watched them getting rid of the glitches as they felt relieved that the nightmare was over.

“I never thought I would see the day that magic was not the answer in one way or another.” mumbled Starlight.

Sunset sighed. “Sorry Twilight, I let one of those things cross the portal and you ended up with this problem.”

“It’s okay Sunset. Most of the time is the other way around. Like the Sirens…”

“Who also are partially to blame for this disaster!” sighed Sunset.

The girls shared a chuckle, when the last glitch was took care of.

“Glitch contained.”

Everyone sighed in relief.

“So that’s all of them?” asked Five.

Han nodded. “Yeah, that was the last glitch signal. We’re clear!”

One more time they sighed. On the bright side, they got a lot of experience points in only one mission. But it was exhausting. Things had gone too far in too little time.

“Seriously, how do you end up with an infestation this bad?”

Zahra agreed. “And now that we took care of the situation, care to explain what’s going on here?”

Miko and Five didn’t know what to say.

“Well, that horse statue is not actually a statue but a portal to another dimension.” explained Five.

Miko extended her wings dramatically as she showed the surroundings. “And in this dimension they like real magic. Magic, you know? Buuuut, it turns out that magic is incompatible with Hinobi consoles, and when you put the two together. Boom! You get a glitch!”

The two veteran Techs exchanged a worried look.

“And how on earth a glitch made its way all over here, and ended up becoming an infestation?” asked Haneesh.

“A couple of idiots called Adagio and Aria provoked a glitch and one of the videogame monsters made its way here. And for what we observed, glitches use magic as an energy source.”

Starlight nodded. “When we hit them with magic, they seemed to absorb it and multiply. Unicorns instinctively use magic as defense, and not knowing this creatures the result was this infestation as you call it.”

Twilight nodded. “Makes sense, this is how one became many. How do we prevent this from happening again?”

Zahra and Han nodded.

“I don’t know about you, but we will have to contact our bosses.”

“What? No!” said Sunset. “No one is suppose to know about Equestria and magic!”

“Neither about glitches, but here we are! We have to contact them in order to make some damage control. Today we were lucky and contained on time, but there’s no guarantee we would be able to do it a second time.”

“Sunset, she’s right.” said Twilight.

Sunset Shimmer sighed.

“I guess you’re right. Okay, we better go back home. Hey Twilight, let me know when you speak with the Princesses. I owe them and you a detailed explanation.”

“Of course, thank you Sunset.”

With that, the five of them crossed the portal back to the human world.

“Hey I know you!” said Zahra once Sunset returned to her human form.

“What? Hey, you’re right. You are the cashier who sold me the console that started all this!”

“Yes, and also you’re the one who undid Phil’s reset.”

Sunset’s eyes widened.

“What?”

Zahra gave her a smirk.

“Your hyperactive friend, remember? She began to ask too many questions about glitches, and my manager erased her memory. And you used… I think magic to undid what we did.”

Sunset frowned, but then Miko patted her back.

“Oh you can undo the reset too? That’s so cool! Me too!”

“No Miko. You do not reset, that’s a whole different story.” said Zahra. “She took her friend’s hand and using her magic made her memories come back.”

“Unbelievable. I thought nobody saw us.”

Zahra laughed.

“Easy, I haven’t tell anyone… until now. To be honest, I thought things may get interesting and I wasn’t wrong.”

“You really need to check your priorities.” sighed the yellow girl.

In the meantime, Haneesh indicated them to be quiet as he just contacted Phil.

“Hey Phil!”

“Han, what’s going on?”

“Miko, Five, Zahra and I ran into a rather unusual situation. Is hard to explain but we’ll send you a video file.”

“Okay go on.”

Han turned to his partner and the rookies.

“Miko, Five, send it!”

The four Techs hurried to send the video files. They could hear Phil watching at the footage, followed by some silence.

Finally, he spoke.

“Return to headquarters immediately. We have lots to discuss. I’ll get in touch with corporate.”

“On our way!” assured the four Techs.

They rushed to their vans, but Five stayed behind with Sunset Shimmer.

“I am sorry. Miko and I really wanted to leave this behind but seems that thing spiraled out of control too soon. Most likely we’ll see each other again.”

“Yeah, seems so. Anyway, thank you for the help. I owe you one.”

“Take care.”

They shook hands, and Five hurried to the van where Miko was patiently waiting for him.


At the Hinobi Store, Phil was waiting impatiently when B.I.T.T. floated toward him.

“You have an incoming call from… Inspector Seven.”

Phil hurried to answer.

“Barbara! Thank you for answering quickly!!”

“Phil, is this what I think it is?”

Phil nodded, frowning.

“We have a potential Beach City on our hands.”

Author's Note:

And here it is, the next chapter after a loooong wait. Sorry guys, the story is a bit difficult to write since the two worlds are very different from each other.

Anyway, Steven Universe will not appear on the story, this is only a cameo. Just letting you know.

Read ya’ later!!