• Published 2nd Jun 2021
  • 984 Views, 72 Comments

Equestria Glitch Techs - Kaliann25



After months of waiting for its launching, Sunset Shimmer finally buys the latest Hinobi console. But when Equestrian magic gets involved, the console start to glitch. It is time to call tech support, it is time to call... the Glitch Techs.

  • ...
2
 72
 984

Surveillance begins!

Surveillance begins!

After escaping from Hinobi, and making sure no one was after them, the girls reunited at Sunset’s apartment. They had put the console in the coffee table and were looking at it without knowing what to do.

Sunset have imagined already that they would end up gathering around her new console after school ended, but the circumstances couldn’t be more different. Instead of enjoying a fighting or a racing game, they were looking at the console as it was some sort of bomb.

“Okay, what shall we do now?” asked Rainbow Dash.

Twilight shrugged. “Well, evidently we can summon a new monster, but we already know that the only thing that it would do is to get Hinobi’s attention.”

“Not to mention the monster would destroy the whole place.” added Rarity.

“And those guys from Hinobi can catch us and erase our memories.” said Fluttersy. “Maybe Sunset can help us, but if Hinobi gets her, it would be the end for us.”

Sunset nodded thoughtful.

“We have to carefully think our next move. What we have to know what we’re dealing with. At least we know where to start.”

“The HInobi store!” said the girls in unison.

Sunset nodded, as Twilight pulled her laptop and showed her the pictures she got from her quick search. It were a bunch of gray and white vans with the H from Hinobi on them.

“Also, look at these vans. I’ve seen them all over the city, but paid no mind since I thought they were just delivering products to retail stores. But the more I think about it, how many vans does Hinobi needs for only one city? Also, I’ve seen them every day. Normal companies deliver products only once a week. Twice if they have too many retail partners.”

“And that Mitch Williams dude came out from one of those this morning!” reminded Rainbow Dash.

Rarity started to take notes. “Okay, we have to keep an eye open for any Hinobi van, easy enough.”

“But what if they catch us watching them and erase our memories?” asked Pinkie.

“We have to divide in small groups. If they get one, the rest of us can help to recover their erased memories.”

“And it wouldn’t be easier if you use your power?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“What if I am the one who gets caught? We cannot depend too much on my power. Luckily, Twilight thought in a solution.”

Proudly, Sci-Twi showed her the articles she printed, along with the pictures they managed to take from the Hinobi employees. A bit blur since they took them in a rush but it would still work. They even managed to take a couple of pictures of the monster who came out of Sunset’s console.

“Also, I’ve wrote down everything that we’ve been through so far so we can make a scrapbook. Even if they get Sunset and erase her memories, we will have the book as backup so we can remember.”

“But let’s try to not to get our memories erased, okay?” added Sunset Shimmer.

The girls nodded, and after putting together the scrapbook, and organize the groups for the surveillance, they went home.

And just to make extra sure, Sunset put her Hinobi console on a drawer under lock and key. She didn’t want to accidentally touch it and summon another videogame monster.

Five arrived to the Hinobi store as usual and went inside to start his shift.

“Hey Miko! You didn’t wait me for long, right?” the boy greeted his teammate.

Miko shrugged.

“Nah, it’s been a slow day and spent most of the day playing Duty Call. Wanna try? It is good for stress.” smiled the girl.

“Thanks, but I spent the day with Papi and Abuelita. More than enough to deal with stress.”

“I get it, good family vibes. Don’t think it would work for my family but whatever, if it works for you, good for you partner!”

Then the two of them went to the locker room and approached to an empty one. They opened the locker, revealing the portal that transported them to Tech Central. Where Glitch Techs prepared themselves and went to action.

Phil, the store manager, greeted them with a bored look over his notepad and sip his coffee.

“Hello Five, nice to see you. Ready for your round?”

“Sir, yes Sir Phil! All set!” smiled the kid.

“Good, now keep working.” he said, looking at the Tech Bot floating at his right. “What’s on my schedule, B.I.T.T.?

The Tech Bot made a quick nod.

“You have an incoming call from Corporate programmed in exactly three minutes.”

Phil’s jaw dropped and looked at his shirt stained with coffee, mixed with crumbs from the donut he ate fifteen minutes ago.

“What?! I barely have the time to change into a clean shirt! Why didn’t you tell me earlier B.I.T.T.?!”

“Sir, I tried but you were too busy watching Pasión de Albatros in streaming.”

Phil mumbled something as he headed to his locker for a clear shirt. Luckily he had a spare one for situations like that; as Five and Miko giggled and went to their van.

“Hey noobs! When a glitch gives you a hard time, don’t hesitate to beg for my help.” said another Tech as he gave them a condescending smile.

“In your dreams Mitch!” said Miko, as Five started their van.

The portal generator on the van activated as soon as the engine was warmed up, and Miko and Five disappeared inside to start their daily round.

It was an uneventful round for Five and Miko. Minor glitches created by a wet phone with a Hinobi app; or from a disposed Hinobi console exposed to the elements. Pretty normal and boring day for the Glitch Techs team.

Miko sighed.

“What an uneventful day! Come on, I would do anything to meet the girls from yesterday again. Imagine the amount of Experience Points they would give us!”

Five frowned. “Well, after how they reacted when we tried to fix them yesterday; I don’t think they would be dumb enough to show up again.”

“But they declared war to Hinobi, Five!” protested Miko. “I am sure they are watching our moves carefully waiting to get the evidence to destroy us!”

Five chuckled at this, but didn’t say anything.

In the meantime, Miko was distracting herself by looking around the streets trying to get any evidence of surveillance.

“Have you found something interesting Miko?” asked Five.

“Well… there’s an unusual amount of birds flying in circles over the van.”

“What?”

Five put the vehicle aside and watched by himself. As Miko told him, there ware a lot of colorful birds flying in circles and chirping as they were calling someone.

“Shuuuuu! Get away from our van! Come on, go!” said Five waving his arms to make them leave.

Miko groaned as she didn’t want to clean the van if one of the birds do its business on it.

She took a rock from the ground and was ready to throw it to the bird when a girl came stomping at her.

“YOU! DON’T YOU DARE TO HURT MY FRIENDS!”

“Fluttershy wait!” called another girl, trying to stop her friend, but she was too angry to listen.

Five tried to intervene, but Fluttershy pushed him aside to face Miko.

“Drop that rock now.”

Miko did as she was told.

“Now, what are you trying to do?” asked Fluttershy.

Miko gulped. “Ehem… I was…”

“Were you trying to hurt my friends?” asked Fluttershy.

“What? No! I was aiming to the rooftop, you know. The noise would scare them away and they would stop flying over our van! Would you mind stop looking at me like that? You’re giving me the chills that only the final bosses from Black Souls give me.”

Fluttershy relaxed, but just a little.

“Still, you could hurt my friends. Apologize now.”

Miko moved backwards, what happened with this girl? But Fluttershy kept glaring at her.

“I am waiting. Apologize.”

Miko ended up giving in.

“Fine! Sorry birdies, I didn’t want to hurt you but you were distracting us while driving. You could make us crash or worse!”

Fluttershy nodded satisfied.

“Okay, she’s saying she is sorry and never wanted to hurt you. Also, I must apologize too, I told them to let me know when a Hinobi van come across and show me where it was.”

“What?” asked Miko.

“Yes, they are very helpful.” said Fluttershy.

Miko shook her head. “Wow, wow, wow, wow… are you telling me they can understand you?”

“Yes, and I understand them too.”

As the two of them were discussing, Rainbow Dash put the hand on her back pockets and took her phone and covertly started recording.

Not noticing what the rainbow-haired girl was recording, Miko turned on the bracelet and activated her Glitch Tech equipment.

“Okay, now I definitely have to take you to the Hinobi store to fix you. Five, you know any game where you have the power of speaking to animals?”

“RPGs? That power is very common for Druid-type-characters.”

“Huh…”

Then Five turned to Rainbow Dash, who was recording everything, as he activated his Tech equipment.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?”

Rainbow gave him a playful smirk. “Recording the evidence of course! Soon everyone will know the truth behind Hinobi.”

Five aimed his bracelet to her.

“Let me guess, you have a plan.”

“Of course!”

And with that she accelerated and ran as fast as she could.

“Great, Miko!”

“On it!” said Miko pressing a button on her bracelet, summoning her pet, a large red bird with blue legs.

“Ally!”

The bird chirped happily, as Miko jumped on her back and started running after Rainbow.

“Five, you take care of the other!” she said as she made Ally go faster.

Five and Fluttershy exchanged a look, as he aimed his bracelet to her.

“Do we have to actually fight? There’s no other way?” asked Fluttershy.

Five sighed. “To be honest, I don’t know. I’m starting to think this is just a big misunderstanding.”

“What do you mean?”


Rainbow was running, happy that there was no way that the Hinobi people would get her, but out of sudden an energy blast exploded right in front of her and she almost fell.

“What?”

She turned around, but there was no one to be seen.

“How?”

A shadow passed right over Rainbow’s head, and then the girl from Hinobi landed right in front o her, riding a giant bird.

“This is the end of the road, speedy!”

“In your dreams, Hionbi! You have me as your opponent, are you sure you wanna race me?”

Miko smirked.

“On your marks, ready…”

“GO!!” shouted Rainbow as she started to run away from Miko.

Miko petted Ally’s head, and the bird started to chase Rainbow as Miko tried to hit her with an energy blast from her bracelet.

“Wait, let me fix you! You don’t know how dangerous it is to be infected by a glitch for too long! The longer you have this glitch, the most you’ll become the videogame character. Your real self would be lost forever. Let us help you!”

Rainbow looked back at the girl chasing her.

“I don’t need your help, I’m not sick! It is you who doesn’t know how dangerous the game you’re playing is. Equestrian Magic is no joke!”

Miko continued to shoot at Rainbow, trying to read a pattern but there wasn’t any. Rainbow was dodging the attacks or deflecting them with agility, and from time to time turned to make a mock face.

“Is that everything you have, Hinobi? I was hoping for a real challenge!”

Miko frowned as she indicated Ally to go faster.

“I can’t read any patterns… what is going on here? Which type of game is this? Time to change strategy!”

She switched her energy blast to a white liquid that she shot right in front of Rainbow, making her to stuck.

“Hey! Come on, seriously?” she said trying to get free.

“A glue trap from School Rampage 3. Now be a good girl and let us take care of that glitch!” said Miko jumping from Ally’s back.

“Have your bosses brainwashed you, or you’re only plain stupid? Hinobi is playing a dangerous game by using dangerous forces to something as stupid as videogames.”

“Forces? What kind of forces?”

“Magic from Equestria. But you wouldn’t get it.”

Miko shook her head.

“Okay, I hate to be the one who pops your little bubble, but we all know that magic isn’t real! It may look like magic, but in reality is only Hinobi tech having some issues. Come on, let us help you!”

Rainbow kept struggling trying to get free from the glue trap.

“No! I won’t let you erase my memories! Don’t you dare!”

Miko approached to Rainbow aiming her bracelet at her.

“This is for your own good. You can trust us, we Glitch Techs are here to protect the public!”

Rainbow looked around, trying to see what she could use. There wasn’t much, just a pile of dirt from a construction nearby but nothing that she could use to defend herself from the Hinobi girl.

Unless…

Rainbow quickly took a handful of dirt and threw it to Miko’s eyes.

“Hey! What is wrong with you?” protested Miko, covering her eyes.

But when she removed her hand she realized that Rainbow Dash have restarted her escape, running as far as possible from Miko.

“YOU OWE ME A PAIR OF SNEAKERS HINOBI!!” shouted Rainbow as she was running farer from Miko.

“What the…?”

Miko looked down to see that the girl’s shoes were still stuck on the glue puddle. Only her shoes.

“Oh nerd!”


Five looked at Fluttershy as he lowered his Hinobi bracelet, and a bird stood on Fluttershy’s shoulder.

“What do you mean with misunderstanding?” asked Fluttershy.

Five showed her his Hinobi bracelet.

“Look at this! It is designed to detect glitch signals, you know, what happens when Hinobi tech fails and creates a monster. Or affects an area, or a person. The closest signal I am getting is two blocks away, despite having you in front of me.”

“What does that mean?”

“You are not showing in my radar, even if you have the ability to speak to animals. Something that can only be caused by a glitch… or something else. I don’t know, since our last encounter I am beginning to think is the second option.”

Fluttershy shook her head.

“It can’t be! Sunset says Hinobi is playing with Equestrian Magic. That explains your strange weapons and the monsters that come from the consoles.”

Five looked at her.

“Tell me, do you feel this ‘Equestrian Magic’ on me?”

Fluttershy closed her eyes, trying to focus on feeling the magic coming from Five. Or at least form his equipment. But…

“Nothing! I don’t feel anything!”

The two of them exchanged a look unsure of what to do now. But then, Miko’s voice came from the transmitter.

“Five! Speedy ran away. Tell me that you were able to get the Disneigh Princess!”

Five looked at Fluttershy and smiled at her.

“No, sorry. She sent all of her bird friends right to my face and couldn’t see where she escaped. Sorry, I don’t want to create a huge scandal because of this!”

“Oh nerd! Again? How many times are those glitch-girls going to outrun us?! At least do you see them on your radar?”

“No Miko, just like the last time they vanished.”

“Nerd… but I told you so! They declared war to Hinobi! We’ll get them next time! Just hurry and don’t let Mitch get them first!”

“Sure, sure! Anyway, let’s go back to headquarters.”

“Fiiiiine…”

Five cut communications with Miko and looked at Fluttershy.

“Miko would be here any minute now. It is your chance to leave.”

She nodded. “Thanks, I’ll speak with my friends.”

“And I’ll try to speak with Miko.”

“Just… one moment please…”

Five stood there confused, when Fluttershy sent her bid friend to flap its wings over his head, messing with his hair and covering it with feathers. “There you go! To make your excuse a bit more realistic. But I’m not a psycho who sends her animal friends to chase my enemies!”

“Sorry, I was improvising. Anyway, leave now and I’ll deal with Miko.”

When Miko returned, it was clear she was annoyed because the girls ran away, but that was what Joystick Junior’s was for. She would kill a few monsters at the arcade, or in her console and she would be good as new.

“Easy Miko! What about a few rounds of Smash Cousins, or Alley Fighter at the arcade? I pay the first round!”

Miko groaned. “Maybe.”

“Come on, you said it, they declared war to Hinobi. We’ll see them again, and I need you to be your usual self if we want to have a chance against them!”

Miko smiled.

“You know what? You’re right! We just have to be more aware now!”

“That’s the attitude!”

After going back to headquarters and exchange their experience points, they went to the arcade to kill time and Miko to relax.

At the next day, Five had to work at his grandparents’ food truck during the morning, just like the day before. But Five didn’t mind, it helped him to relax and to think as he cooked. The pink-haired girl and he were able to talk a little, which was a start. Now he only had to convince Miko that they were not dealing with glitches so they could find a good solution to the situation with the girls.

The main problem was that he didn’t know what he was actually dealing with. Supposedly it was magic, but he wasn’t sure.

“Where to start?” he asked to himself.

“Héctor, one last order before you go.” said Papi Nieves with a smile.

Five nodded, and after finishing with his last customer, Five went to think as he ate the lunch Abuelita packed for him, before going to the Hinobi store. He chose a bench on the park near the mall so he could eat in peace.

“Hello Five! What are you doing here?” greeted someone.

He turned around and smiled.

“Hi Sonata, nothing much. Eating lunch before going my other job.”

“Oh, do you mind if I join you?” she asked, showing him the order of Al Pastor Tacos she just got.

“Sure, take a seat!”

She sat aside him, as she enjoyed her tacos.

“Those are great! I love your grandpa’s touch for tacos, but yours is a little bit better. I always enjoy when you make my order, but today I missed you for just a bit!”

Five blushed and chuckled.

“Well, thank you Sonata. Better luck next time!”

“I just have to go earlier!”

Then Sonata looked at him.

“Is something on your mind, Five? You look worried.”

Five shrugged. “Not worried, just a big thoughtful.”

“Oh, wanna tell me? Only if you want, of course.”

Five sighed.

“I don’t know if you believe me Sonata, but let’s just say I always thought the world worked in one way but out of sudden something happened at my work. Something I can’t explain, that could be magic. But you may think I’m crazy.”

But Sonata just smiled warmly at him.

“Oh, just that? Yeah, first encounter with magic is kinda hard, but you’ll get used to it soon. And, the good news are that nothing have really changed. You’re just a little more aware now.”

Five looked at Sonata.

“What do you know about magic?”

“A lot! In my school magic is very common, and all sort of crazy stuff happen all the time. But we get used to it.”

“What?!”

“Yup! I have a few friends who know all about it. If you have some problems with magic, they can give you a hand. They are really good at what they do and are always willing to help. If you have some time, I can introduce you to them!”

Five considered it for a few seconds and shrugged. He had nothing to lose.

“We can try, I just have to tell my boss I’ll be a little bit late. This won’t take long, right?”

“That depends on the emergency, but no. I don’t think so.”

Five nodded and after texting Phil that he would be joining Miko on route, he followed Sonata to a cafeteria.

“The girls use to hang out here. I hope we can find them!”

“Okay… ‘Sugar Cube Corner’? Not my kind of place, or do they have a videogame machine?”

“I don’t think so.” said Sonata. “Oh I see them!”

Sonata waved her hand to the girls as she approached.

“Girls, girls! I’m so glad I found you! a friend of mine have some problems of the magic kind and he may need your help.”

“What happened?” asked Sunset.

“He says he came across magic on his job, and is giving him a bit of trouble. You may have an advice for him, right?” asked Sonata.

Twilight took a sip of her drink.

“Depends, are you sure is magic? Can your friend give us some detail of what’s going on?”

Sonata nodded. “I brought him so he can explain.”

She called Five.

“Girls, this is my friend High Five!”

Five and the girls stared to each other for a fraction of a second.

“You have to be kidding me!” they said in unison.

Author's Note:

And here it is. Sorry for the delay guys, but transition chapters are always hard for me to write. But now that it is here, we can move on with the next arc. I hope you like it and as usual,

Read ya’ later!!