• Published 2nd Jun 2021
  • 982 Views, 72 Comments

Equestria Glitch Techs - Kaliann25



After months of waiting for its launching, Sunset Shimmer finally buys the latest Hinobi console. But when Equestrian magic gets involved, the console start to glitch. It is time to call tech support, it is time to call... the Glitch Techs.

  • ...
2
 72
 982

Is it over?

Is it over?

Sunset yawned as she walked to school.

“Hey! You look terrible.” said Rainbow Dash as she looked at her friend. “Did you stay up all night?

Sunset nodded tiredly. “Yeah, with all this I realized that I haven’t actually played with my new Hinobi console, so I stayed up all night playing classics.”

“Haven’ ya’ get rid of that thing yet?” asked Applejack. “After all we’ve been cause’ of them, wouldn’t be better just forget about the damn console?”

“Hey, I paid good money for it, besides everything is fine now. If I don’t use my magic while playing, I won’t have any problems”

Applejack and Rainbow seemed doubtful at first but decided to shrug it off

“Come on girls, Sunset is right!” intervened Twilight. “What’s the worse that can happen? A glitch would appear, and the Glitch Techs would take care of it. Nothing to worry about.”

“I guess yer’ right…” said Applejack, not very convinced.

They arrived to school at the same time as the school bus.

Snips was playing with his Hinobi S(H)Witch when out of sudden the screen went black. The boy raised an eyebrow in confusion, and then he started to smash buttons in frustration.

“Oh come on! I was about to beat the boss!”

“Maybe you forgot to charge it?” asked his friend Snails, who was watching him playing.

“It was full charged this morning!”

On the sit right behind them they could hear someone complaining after her mobile game crashed and did not allow her to reopen the app.

“Hey! What happened with Candy Smash?!”

The girls who witnessed everything could not help but laugh a little at the situation. The situation may be annoying at first but they would get over it. Not able to play videogames at school was no big deal.

And not only at the bus.

Rumble and Pipsqueak liked to play a game of catching creatures from an anime/videogame franchise in their phones on their way to school, when out of sudden the screen went black and the app crashed.

“NOO! It was a SHINY! A shiny! Why life has to be so hard?” said Rumble.

“Whoa dude, you really got a shiny? Now I feel a little better. Still, what’s going on?” asked Pip,

They tried to reopen the app, but instead of the music of the game they got a notification. “THIS APPLICATION IS NOT RESPONDING. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER OR VISIT OUR HELP PORTAL”

The two kids exchanged a look.

“So, we just delete the app and reinstall it?” suggested Pip.

Rumble shrugged. “Works most of the time.”

“Sorry guys!” said Sunset placing her hands on their shoulders. “The whole school have been permabanned by Hinobi. Your little game would work as soon as you leave the school.”

“Permabanned?!” gasped Rumble. “Like permabanned-permabanned? But why? What happened?”

Principal Celestia walked toward them with a calm but sterned look in her eyes. “Well, starting with the fact that videogames are forbidden on campus. But I am curious Sunset, do you have any idea why a big corporation like Hinobi decided to permaban the school? Did something happened between you?”

Sunset nodded. “Yes principal. You see, we accidentally found out that magic from you-know-where and Hinobi tech do not mix well. We had a few problems, but to make long story short, Hinobi decided that to avoid further problems, they better turn the school into a Hinobi-free zone.”

Celestia nodded. “Okay, not the weirdest thing that have happened with you guys. Anyway, you know the drill. I want a complete report of what happened on my desk by Friday. From each of you seven, please.”

“We’re just ahead of you!” said Sunset happily as she opened her backpack and handed Celestia seven folders.

“Oh thanks! I’ll check on them later. Thank you!” said the principal.

With that, Sunset joined her friends, and the principal went to her office.

In the meantime, Rumble and Pip took on their hands to tell everyone about the school being permabanned and how any Hinobi game or console would no longer work on the school premises.

There were a few complaints, but in the end everyone accepted it. Especially after learning that it had something to do with Equestrian Magic.

Nothing else happened during the day, except that at certain point Principal Celestia decided to relax with a game of Solitaire after updating the grades database but the game was not opening.

“What? What’s going on? Oh, right. Hinobi.”

The principal sighed and she was too lazy to download a different version of the game not developed by Hinobi, she decided to read the girls’ reports.

“Luna, help me with those please!” asked Celestia.

The vice-principal smiled and took one of the reports. After they finished, the two sisters exchanged a confused look.

“Glitch Techs?” asked the two in the unison.

But in the end, they shrugged it off.

“Not the weirdest thing we’ve heard or witnessed.”

“I guess you’re right. And it seems that it´s all been resolved now so let’s not think too much about it.”

Kubota residence:

“Aw but is not fair!” complained Miko. “A whole weekend without videogames. I work at a videogame store, why do we have to do the opposite to play videogames?”

“You mean real physical activity?” mocked her sister Lexy as she read a sports magazine. “Seriously, you’ve been complaining since yesterday. I mean, just don’t go if you don’t want to!”

“Is mandatory.” sighed Miko. “I can only imagine, a whole day with no signal or anything to do except just… enjoy nature.”

“So what? You always manage to sneak a videogame or two.” said Lexy. “And you’re always saying that you don’t need to be online if you want to enjoy a good game. Just choose one of your offline titles.”

“That’s the problem! The whole area is permabanned!” complained Miko.

“Permabanned? What’s that?” asked Lexy.

“I think I said too much!” said Miko covering her mouth.

“Don’t worry, I don’t really care!” said Lexy going back to her sports magazine.

Miko sighed in relief, when her mother called her.

“Miiko, it’s time to go!” called her mother from downstairs.

“Coming mom!” said Miko as she took her luggage. “Enjoy your weekend, Lexy.”

“You too Miko, you too!” said Lexy. “Try not to suffer too much for staying away from your videogames for too long!”

Miko sighed as she dragged her feet downstairs.

“I’m ready mom.”

“Come on Miko, don’t put that expression. A weekend away from your games is just what you need. You’re not going to try to sneak a videogame, right?”

“Don’t worry mom. It won’t work this time.”

Miyami Kubota raised an eyebrow but shrugged and let it go as her daughter entered the car, and she drove her to the service station at the side of the road.

Everyone was already there, happily chatting among themselves except for Mitch who was playing with a 3HS in a corner.

“Take care!” said Miyami as she dropped off Miko.

“Thanks mom!” said Miko as she joined the other techs. “Hey guys! What’s up?”

“Hey Miko, ready to go camping?” asked Zahra.

“I guess! I can’t believe they are making us go camping for a whole weekend. And just for what? Promote balance between videogames and physical activity.” complained Miko. “The worse campaign ever!”

“Come on, is only one weekend and all the Hinobi stores have to do it!” said Han. “Besides, you know this is just a cover for you-know-what.”

Miko sighed. “I know, I know! Just when I thought we were done with the talking horse dimension, they come and cause more problems for us!”

“Come on Miko, camping is not so bad. I used to go camping all the time with my dad, then with Papi and Abuelita. Is great, a few days away from phone notifications is all you need to relax!” smiled Five.

“If you say so.” sighed Miko.

“Yeah, I don’t have any problems with camping! And remember, if you need sunblock, repellent, an aspirin, or band aids, I’m your man!” Smiled Bergie.

Mitch groaned, but kept his attention on his game.

“Yeah, a weekend in the middle of nowhere just what I needed. At least I can practice offline.”

“Pst, no one told him?” asked Miko.

“No, we wanted to see his face.” said Han with a smirk.

Miko and Five giggled as a big yellow school bus parked in front of them. It had a giant banner that read ‘Hinobi’. The bus opened its doors and Phil and Barbara came out and greeted the techs.

Phil cleared his throat and yawned. “Alright Techs, as you know, this weekend is part of the latest campaign to promote exercise and outdoors activities. A few days in nature would also help us bond to do a better job working together.” He groaned. “I hate this as much as you guys but is only for a weekend.”

Barbara joined, showing more enthusiastic than Phil.

“That’s right! And as part of our new campaign, Hinobi sponsors Camp Everfree, and we would take some pictures of us having a good time in their facilities. Now, hop on the bus everyone! We have a great weekend ahead of us!”

The glitch techs followed their bosses and put on their seatbelts as Phil started driving to Camp Everfree.

Mitch continued to play on his 3HS as he noticed everyone staring at him.

“What are you looking at? If you don’t have your consoles is your problem, not mine. I’m not sharing.”

“It’s okay Mitch, enjoy your game.” giggled Miko.

“I plan to. Losers.”

They were on the road for an hour and a half when they noticed a sign.

CAMP EVERFREE 50 METERS

Everyone exchanged a look, and started to record Mitch with their phones.

One minute later, Mitch’s console died.

“What?! I just put new batteries on this thing!”

Phil shrugged. “Mitch, in order to promote a real camping experience, the whole area is permabanned.”

“What?! That was never part of the deal! I have to spend my precious weekend talking with them?!”

“Rules are rules Mitch!” scolded Phil.

The tech frowned. “No, something else is going on here. Permaban the whole area just because of a stupid campaign? No, something else is going on here!”

Phil sighed. “Yes Mitch, but if you don’t want to be resetted you better stop asking questions. The higher ups have decided that only them and the people involved in the incident can know what’s going on here.”

Mitch crossed his arms angrily as the others shared videos of his little tantrum.

“This is worth millions.” giggled Zahra.

Mitch turned to them. “You knew?!”

“You didn’t get the memo?” asked Bergie.

“Yeah, everyone got the message!” said Han showing his phone to Mitch.

“But I didn’t!” protested Mitch.

“My bad, sorry Mitch.” apologized Zahra.

Mitch rolled his eyes as he put the console on his backpack. “See? This is why I didn’t want to talk to you!”

And with that, they finally arrived. Camp Everfree.

The techs were received by Gloriosa and Timber, who were wearing a Hinobi t-shirt and shorts.

“Welcome to Camp Everfree! We are your counselors. My name is Gloriosa Daisy and this is my brother Timber.”

“If you need something, don’t hesitate to ask, we’re here to help you!” added Timer.

Mitch facepalmed. “Counselors? Seriously? Do we look like four graders for you?”

“Please ignore him, he is just angry that he haves to separate from his precious videogames for whoooooole weekend!” said Miko.

Gloriosa smiled, ignoring Mitch’s attitude.

“It’s okay, I know that the world ‘counselors’ doesn’t feel right but we won’t interfere with you or your activities. We’re here mostly for maintenance.”

Timber nodded. “Exactly, if you need something, anything, we’ll be at reception. There’s a vending machine there and also we sell any supply you may have forgotten. Toilet paper, repellant, water bottles, and a phone line for emergencies.”

“Restrooms are at the right of the receptions, and at the cabins. Also, there are a couple of dressing rooms on lake area. Hope you have a great time at Camp Everfree!”

Barbara smiled. “Always a pleasure to work with you, Miss Daisy. Now everyone, follow me to the cabins!”

The techs did as they were told and walked to the cabins. Phil yawned as he walked to the cabins.

“Boys go left, and girls right. We have fifteen minutes to change, and we’ll meet at the basketball field.”

When they entered their cabin, Mitch smiled and put his stuff at the upper bunk bed.

“I take the top!”

“Do as you please, there are plenty of bunk beds here!” said Han as he threw his backpack to an upper bunkbed too.

Five picked an upper bed too, but Bergie and Phil preferred the lower beds.

And after everyone changed to a pair of shorts, they reunited at the basketball field as they were told.

“Okay guys let’s have some technology-free fun!” said Barbara. “We have a day full of fun activities to do. We’ll start with a friendly basketball encounter, followed by a tug war contest and then we’ll swim at the lake. And then we’re going to end the day with a bonfire!”

“Yes! That’s the best part of camping!” said Five.

“That’s the attitude I like!” said Barbara. “Come on, let’s have some fun!”

The others’ response was less than enthusiastic but they ended up organizing he teams and started with the basketball match, as Barbara and Phil took pictures of them to upload to Hinobi social media later.

In the end they spent a pretty good day with Mitch being the only one who still complained.

Tired of his sour mood, Phil gave him the camera.

“Here, you take pictures of us. Seriously Mitch, is only a weekend!”

Mitch accepted. “Okay, better than nothing I guess. Okay losers, smile to the camara an said Mitch!”

With that, the rest of the day passed without any incident.

“The bonfire is ready!” announced Gloriosa as the techs were having dinner.

“Aw, I thought we were going to do the bonfire!” sighed Five.

Gloriosa smiled at him. “I know is disappointing, but for security purposes, Timber and I prefer to do this ourselves. We don’t want the fire to spread.”

“I understand.” said Five, as he shrugged.

“So, you know how to make a bonfire?” asked Zahra while blushing.

“Yes, my dad taught me how, but my grandad helped me reach perfection.”

She smiled. “Interesting, and tell me Five, do you go camping a lot?”

Five blushed too and smiled awkwardly. “Yes, it is our family tradition.”

Zahra smiled. “Oh, interesting. Tell me more

She and Five started to chat happily, when it was time to sit around the bonfire. Timber received them with his guitar.

“So what? Are we going to sing now?” asked Mitch, annoyed.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this but Mitch is right! Are we really supposed to sign as we were little kids!”

Timber shrugged as he played his guitar softly. “Is part of the camp experience. Come one, no one knows a good song?”

“Come on Techs, show a bit more enthusiasm!” said Barbara. “Anyone?”

Everyone exchanged uncomfortable looks when Five had an idea.

“Hey what about this? Duuuuu du-du toot-toot tooooooot…”

Everyone chuckled.

“Isn’t that the Legend of Link theme song?” whispered Han.

Miko laughed and she joined Five. “Pam-pam parapam-pam-papam!”

“Pam-pam pararaaaaan!” continued Zahra.

Timber raised an eyebrow like asking ‘seriously?’, but he shrugged and joined in playing the game’s theme song with his guitar.

Bergie, Han and even Mitch decided to join to the humming chorus, and they spent an hour a half humming all the theme songs of their favorite games.

“Hey Mitch, you got some real talent there!” congratulated Miko.

“Thanks. I have to admit this part wasn’t as awful as I thought it would be.”

“That’s the spirit!” congratulated Barbara. “Now, who wats a marshmallow before bed?”

Finally they went to bed.

Or at least they tried. Miko was moving in bed trying to fall asleep but could not fall asleep.

“Hey, are you okay?” asked Zahra from the lower bunkbed.

“Yeah, is just that I always play a little before bed. I can’t sleep without a good gaming session of anything. But nothing works here so I can’t sleep!”

Barbara looked at the girls from her bed. “Hey, if you can’t sleep how about you go for a walk? It always works.”

“Is it safe?” asked Zahra.

“Yes, Camp Everfree is a private area, and Hinobi helped to make it as secure as possible. As long as you stay on one of the trails, you’re safe!”

“Are you sure?” asked Miko.

Barbara nodded. “Absolutely. I’m not your mom, neither your actual boss. And I don’t think Phil would mind”

“Thanks!”

Miko and Zahra put on a sweater, their shoes and went to find the boys.

“Hey, do you want try to find the source of you-know-what?” asked Miko.

“What?”

“You know. The reason why the whole area is permabanned!”

A smile crossed Zahra’s face.

“You know what? Sounds good! Let’s go!”

They arrived to the boys’ cabin where they were received by Five.

“Hey girls, what’s up?”

Miko shrugged.

“You know, the usual. We couldn’t sleep so we decided to go for a walk. Barbara says it’s safe so why not? And we’re going to try the source of you-know-what! Wait, did I spoke too loud?”

“No, Phil’s snores got you covered. I can’t understand how Bergie can sleep with this scandal.” said Han joining the conversation.

“What about Mitch?”

“He went to the bathroom. So, night walk?”

“As long as we stay on one of the paths, Barbara says it’s okay!” announced Miko.

“I guess we have nothing better to do. And since we have Phil’s boss permission, let’s go!”

They went inside to put on their jackets and shoes and joined the girls. But just when they were leaving the cabins area, they were stopped by Mitch.

“Hold on losers! Where do you think you’re going?”

“Well, without videogames we can’t sleep so we’re out for a night walk. We don’t have anything better to do.” explained Miko.

Mitch nodded. “I guess you’re right. Okay, let’s go!”

“Wait, you’re coming too?” asked Five.

“Of course! Or are you hiding something?”

“Is just that you’ve been complaining the whole day!” said Han.

“Yes, I admit I would prefer spending the night with my 3HS but a walk is better than nothing.”

With that, they decided to go into the forest and follow the trails. Gloriosa and Timber have made a great job taking care of the trails by installing fluorescent signs, a small pole every few meters for the trails to be spot from a distance, etc.

They continued to walk for a while, when they noticed a mysterious glow on the distance.

Miko and Five exchanged an excited look.

“Do you think that’s the magic?” asked Miko.

“Only one way to find out!” said Five.

Zahra and Han exchanged a look and nodded with a smirk.

“Hey what are you talking about? Magic? Are you crazy?” asked Mitch.

They ignored him and approached the glow. Luckily it was bright enough so they wouldn’t get lost.

They approached to the glow, only to notice they were not alone. A large van with the Hinobi logo was parked in front a cave where the mysterious glow was coming from.

“Hey!” called Mitch.

“Pst, Mitch, shut up!” said Miko covering his mouth.

He tried to fight, but then he noticed the van too. He frowned, understanding they found the real reason why the area was permabanned.

When he relaxed, Miko released him and they approached to watch closely, but try to stay hidden behind the trees and bushes. They could not risk getting caught.

Two men exited the cave carrying a big box full of glowing crystals of all shapes and sizes.

“Okay let’s go.”

“Wait, I hear something. Who’s there?”

The techs ducked when he pulled out a flashlight from his pocket and aimed it to the bushes. Luckily the light woke up and scared a fox who was sleeping nearby.

“We’re in the middle of the forest, don’t be so paranoid!”

“Okay, okay. Sorry I feel a little nervous without my gauntlet.”

They loaded the two boxes on the van and drove away.

The techs stayed down until they could no longer hear the van.

“What was that all about?” asked Mitch.

But one more time he was ignored.

“I can’t believe that they lied to us! What are the higher ups thinking?!” asked Miko in shock.

“This is serious, if things go out of control, who knows what can happen!” added Zahra.

“But I don’t understand, they told us they are going to leave the whole magic thing alone! Why would they lie to us?”

Mitch shook his head. “So you are the ones involved?! Okay, listen, I don’t know what’s going on but come on, don’t be so naïve. They told you what you wanted to hear. I don’t know what is in this place but the higher ups think is worth to investigate.”

“They may think they could use this magic to fight glitches” reasoned Zahra.

“Still, we have to tell those girls!”

“But I don’t have signal!”

“They said there was a phone line on reception. Let’s go!”

Sci-Twi was busy on her lab, doing some experiments when Spike approached carrying her phone.

“Hey Twi, call from Camp Everfree.”

“What?” she answered. “Hey Timber!”

“Is not Timber, is Five. From Hinobi!”

“Five? Why are you at Camp Everfree?”

“It’s a long story! Just listen. We saw some personnel from Hinobi carrying some boxes full of crystals. I don’t know what they want but I have a feeling it won’t end well!”

Sci-Twi nodded.

“We were expecting something like this, don’t worry we’re prepared. I’ll tell the girls immediately!”

With that the call ended.

Author's Note:

Spike shook his head. “You know? This is why no one trusts megacorporations.”

Aaaand, after a long wait here it is! The new chapter on the story. Sorry for the delay guys, I kinda got stuck and didn’t know how to move the story forward. Anyway, I hope you liked it and as usual, Read ya’ later!!

Comments ( 2 )

Magic combines with tech; I say it's a BIG COMBINE!

Are you planning on continuing this story some day?

Login or register to comment