• Published 2nd Jun 2021
  • 988 Views, 72 Comments

Equestria Glitch Techs - Kaliann25



After months of waiting for its launching, Sunset Shimmer finally buys the latest Hinobi console. But when Equestrian magic gets involved, the console start to glitch. It is time to call tech support, it is time to call... the Glitch Techs.

  • ...
2
 72
 988

The Hinobi conspiracy

The Hinobi conspiracy

After the incident in the morning Sunset Shimmer could not stop thinking about her console on the principal’s office. She was afraid that it would start to act strange again and summon another monster from the videogame realm.

The whole situation was surreal, but all things considered, this was not the weirdest things she has lived before. And Sunset and her friends were pretty much used to weird things, but this time something was different. Sunset had a gut feeling that maybe she was wrong, that this whole console thing had nothing to do with Equestrian Magic.

But it was not possible that the monster from her console was created by something else than magic, right? There could not be anything else capable to summon a creature from a videogame to reality.

It was absurd. Right?


At lunchtime, everyone gathered at a table as they looked around. No one noticed what just happened in the morning, and the principal and vice-principal were acting like nothing happened. Only the girls had any memory of the incident.

“You know? If it wasn’t that all of you remember as well, I would be wondering if everything that happened on the morning was a dream.” said Fluttershy.

Sci-Twi smiled at them as she pulled her laptop out of her backpack and opened it.

“Well, I was wondering the same so I started to investigate. It’s all over the internet. Reports about Hinibi consoles losing control and summoning creatures from videogames to reality, destroying everything around them.”

Rarity examined the site and couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Sorry darling, but this site looks like it was made by someone on his thirties who still lives with his parents and uses tinfoil hats on the daily basis. Like the guy who posts stuff about that alien race of living jewels and their hybrid leader.”

“Hey Renaldo’s blogs are funny and always make me go to sleep with a smile on my face!” said Twilight defending her favorite blogger, a random dude from Beach City. “But you’re right, I made my antivirus scan my computer after visiting these sites. However, back to the videogame creatures, I’ve been crossing the information from these blogs with newspapers and even CNN. All of the reported incidents coincide with gas explosions or electric poles falling and causing a mayor power outage.”

The girls approached to the computer screen, as they examined Twilight’s crossed references. It was a very well-done job.

Sci-Twi crossed her arms very proud of herself.

“But this alone is not enough evidence, and then I started to notice a pattern. Most of theses sites included a video link or photographic proof. But when I tried to open them, I came across this message.”

She showed them the screenshot she took.

This video was reported for copyright infringement by Hinoby corporation.

Everyone was in shock.

“WHAT?”

Sci-Twi nodded with a frown as she kept showing them the results of her investigation. “As a matter of facts, most of these blogs were shut down by Hinobi a few hours after I visited them. And is always the same excuse, copyright.”

Rainbow Dash was very excited.

“So, this proves it! It’s a conspiracy! Hinobi is using magic from Equestria and this is causing their consoles to glitch so they send their agents to cover their tracks!”

“Then what should we do?!” cried Fluttershy eating her fingernails.

“We have to go to the Hinobi store!! If theyr’ playin’ with Equestrian magic, we have to stop em’ no matter what.” said Applejack punching the table.

“But how? According to this, they are experts when it comes to cover their tracks!” said Rarity looking at Twilight’s research.

“We’ll think on something on the go, but we have to go to the Hinobi store to get more clues.” declared Sunset.

“Sounds good to me!”

After that, they felt pretty confident and spent the rest of the day without incident. They only picked Sunset’s console from the principal’s office and then they headed to the Hinobi store.

As usual, the store was full of activity with clients coming in and out of the store over and over. The line from the morning was long gone, right after they sold out all of their newest consoles.

“And how are we supposed to get some information?” asked Rainbow.

“Yeah, we have to be careful, or the would erase all or our memories!” added Applejack.

Pinkie Pie quickly jumped very happy.

“No worries! I, Pinkie Pie, have a plan. You wait here, I’ll get the information for you!”

The girls raised an eyebrow.

“Pinkie, are you sure?”

“Yeah, we don’t know if this is going to work!” said.

“Come on girls, trust me! I have this covered!” assured Pinkie Pie. “But I’ll have to go alone.”

With that, Pinkie proudly marched to the door with a confident smile, but Applejack grabbed her by the wrist.

“Pinkie wait a darn minute! Ya’ know this is dangerous! At least let me go with ya’ as backup!”

“It’s okay, it would work. My Pinkie-sense is telling me everything would be alright!!” said Pinkie. “Sunset, I’m counting on you when they erase my memory.”

“What?”

Ignoring her, Pinkie went through the crystal doors and walked proudly to the register. The girl with the hijab, the same who gave Sunset her bracelet on the morning, greeted Pinkie with her best customer service smile.

“Hi, thank you for visiting Hinobi today. What can I do for you?”

“My Hinobi console is giving me some problems and I need some help.” said Pinkie Pie.

The cashier, named Zahra, nodded in understanding.

“Oh, I am terribly sorry you’re experiencing issues with your Hinobi console. What seems to be the problem so we can help you?” asked Zahra. “Or do you have your console with you so in can take a look?”

Pinkie Pie practically jumped on top of the counter and approached her face to Zahra’s. She was centimeters away from her nose.

“You see, a videogame character, Ryo Busahaya from Samurai Gaiden came to life and attacked me and my friends at school! And you know what happened later? A guy who worked for Hinobi came out of nowhere and destroyed the monster and erased everyone’s memories! That’s not cool! We deserve an explanation!”

Zahra was about to say something when a hand placed on her shoulder.

“Zahra, why don’t you take your break now? I’ll take it from here.”

The girl smiled at her boss.

“Thanks Phil, going on break!”

The fat manager then turned to Pinkie and happily showed her his shiny identification badge.

“Hey Miss, can you please take a look at my badge?”

Pinkie read out load.

“Phil. Okay Mister Phil, are you ready to give me some answers?”

Phil’s badge shot a flash and Pinkie stood on the counter disoriented and confused.

“Huh… what was I doing?”

“I don’t know Miss, but I would appreciate if you get down of my counter and accept this coupon!” said Phil crossing his arms and offering the small coupon to Pinkie.

“Uh-huh! A coupon! Great! Now I can buy that game I wanted! Thank you Mister Phil.”

“Don’t mention it.” said Phil relieved.

With that, Pinkie went to buy the latest version of Candy Smash and then reunited with her friends outside the store.

In the meantime, Zahra had exited the store on the employee’s only entrance. An alley that separated the Hinobi store from the pizza place. She adjusted her hijab as she started to think.

“She was talking about glitches, right? But how?”

She looked at the right, to the end of the alley where a group of girls were waiting for their friend. Finally she appeared, the same girl who have questioned her about glitches.

“Hey girls! I’m baaaack! You’re not gonna believe this! I was given a coupon and bought that game I wanted. I don’t know why they gave it to me but is very appreciated!”

Everyone facepalmed.

“Pinkieeee!” they shouted.

“What?”

“What about your plan?” questioned Rarity.

“Plan? What plan are you talking about?” asked Pinkie.

Then Sci-Twi understood.

“Sunset! Use your empathic powers! Maybe you’ll be able to recover Pinkie’s erased memories!”

Sunset Shimmer blinked surprised and smiled.

“Pinkie Pie, that was a great plan, congrats!”

Pinkie smiled proudly. “Thanks, but what plan are you talking about?”

They looked around to make sure no one was watching. Especially no one from Hinobi.

Zahra have hidden behind a few trashcans already. She had to see this.

Without warning, Sunset took Pinkie’s hands and let her magic flow over her as she connected her psyche with the pink girl’s. Soon enough Sunset gained access to the repressed memories, and she released them.

Pinkie was in shock as the minute erased by Phil came back, but then she smiled proudly.

“See? I told you guys to trust me!”

“So, what happened?” asked Rainbow.

“The usual, you know. I came and started to make the uncomfortable questions. Then before I noticed the manager came and erased my memories.

“So, this proves it! Hinobi is hiding something, this is a conspiracy!” declared Rainbow Dash.

Sunset agreed.

“Indeed. Let’s move, is not safe here. I don’t want to think what they’ll throw against us if they know that we know. We have to plan our next move very carefully.”

The rest of the girls agreed and they moved pretending everything was normal. When they left Zahra came out from behind the trashcans and looked at them leaving.

“She undid the reset? But that’s impossible! The only one who is supposed to do that is Miko.”

But no. If she thought about it, Miko simply could not reset. But this girl Pinkie Pie was resetted and then this other girl came and undid it. She had to tell Phil.

“Or maybe not, this may get interesting.”

The Mane 7 finally arrived to a different mall where Sunset examined her new console.

“I thought I was going to spend the entire afternoon playing Hinobi classics, but instead I get videogame monsters who come to life and a big company conspiracy. Is just me or the day got more interesting than I thought it would be.”

“But we still have to think what we shall do with Hinobi.” asked Twilight.

“Maybe summon more of those videogame monsters to see how they react? If that’s okay with you…” suggested Fluttershy.

“Is not a bad idea but how do we do it?”

Sci-Twi raised an eyebrow.

“Last time it happened when I used my magic on it. Let’s try that!”

Sunset shrugged.

“Yeah I was thinking about the same thing. We can’t lose anything by trying.”

After taking a deep breath, Sunset let her magic flow from her hands to the console.

It glowed, started to spark and then it happened.

A giant brain with one eye and a large mustache came from the console and started to laugh evilly.

“Father Brain? Aw come on! Barney’s relative is way cooler!” complained Rainbow Dash.

“Barney’s relative?”

“A purple dinosaur that when he’s tall is what we call a dinosaur sensation. Unlike his uncompleted clones”

“Huh… fair enough.”

As Father Brain was staring at them, they heard a van coming at full speed toward the mall, and then they came.

An Asian girl with purple hair with pink lights, and a latino boy with darkish skin and curly black hair.

“Hinobi Tech Support!”

“Time for Me-K.O. and High Five teach this glitch some manners!”

Author's Note:

And the protagonists arrived, I hope you liked so far. I want that the conflict between the EQG and the Glitch Techs feel organic and natural. Anyway, let’s see where this goes.

Read ya’ later!!