• Published 2nd Jun 2021
  • 989 Views, 72 Comments

Equestria Glitch Techs - Kaliann25



After months of waiting for its launching, Sunset Shimmer finally buys the latest Hinobi console. But when Equestrian magic gets involved, the console start to glitch. It is time to call tech support, it is time to call... the Glitch Techs.

  • ...
2
 72
 989

Magic vs.Techs: First round!

Magic vs.Techs:
First round!

Father Brain’s sinister red eye scanned the terrain. Most of the visitors from the mall have escaped running and shrieking. A few of them tried to take a picture before running away. Only nine people remained to face him. A group of seven girls and the two newcomers wearing Hinobi uniforms.

Father Brian looked at the two groups and finally lots of tentacles emerged from his body and he sent them to the two groups trying to get them.

The two Hinobi employees exchanged an excited smiled and each generated an energy sword from their bracelets. When Father Brain’s tentacles tried to get them, they agily jumped away and destroyed their attacker’s weapons with a single move, making them disappear in an explosion of pixels.

“Good job Miko! You remember how to defeat this boss, right?” asked the boy.

“Well, duh! I played Red Droid like a million times! Let’s do this!”

Father Brian squealed in irritation and sent more tentacles against the Techs, who agily cut them away as small scores appeared on the air as they destroyed them: 500 +

“Heeeeelp!” cried one of the girls, reminding the Hinobi employees that they were not alone.

Seven girls were being attacked mercilessly by the glitch too.

The boy nodded.

“Miko, go help them, I’ll take care of this side!”

“Roger partner!” said the girl. “Keep it together guys, Me-K.O! to the rescue!”

In the meantime, the girls were doing their best to defend themselves from Father Brain’s tentacles. Rainbow Dash used her super speed to grab several and with well-practiced moves she tied them up together as they were shoelaces and ran to help her friends.

Pinkie managed to shot confetti explosions against the tentacles make them move, as Sunset and Applejack managed to jump out of their range. Some of them charged against Rarity, but she was able to repel them with her diamond forcefields.

However, two of them were not able to get away on time. sci-Twi and Fluttershy were trapped by their ankles and Father Brain started to drag them toward him. Fluttershy started to cry as she tried to hold on to something.

“No please! I’ve read enough hent… I mean manga to know where this is going! Help me please, I’m not ready yet!”

Applejack hurried to take both of her friends’ hands and to pull them with her super strength, but couldn’t help by chuckling at her friend.

“What in tartation’ had you been readin’ with the manga club, Flutters’?”

Fluttershy’s face turned red as Applejack started to pull her and Sci-Twi.

“A’ got ya’, A’ got ya’!”

“Here I come!” said the Hinobi girl cutting the tentacles off, freeing the too girls as Applejack pulled them and they fell over her.

“Ups, sorry!” apologized Miko, extending a hand toward them. “Are you okay?”

“Yes thanks!”

Miko was helping them to stand, when Five interrupted them.

“Miko look!”

The have focused on the group as it started to gather energy to shot them a powerful laser.

“Is about to make his second attack. Your turn!”

Miko’s eyes sparkled in joy. The glitch was about to expose his weak spot.

“Give me some height, partner!”

The latino boy put his two hands together to create a small step. Miko ran toward him and jumped over the improvised step. Five pushed her up, as she jumped giving her enough height to face Father Brain’s eye.

She shot an energy beam with her bracelet, hitting him right on the eye.

Father Brain howled in pain. When he recovered he created more tentacles and generated small versions of himself that he sent against the group.

“Run while you can!” shouted Five as he started to destroy the small brains, and Miko took care of the tentacles.

“No, we’re not going anywhere we have to contain that thing before it cases more damage!” assured Sunset.

Five was about to say something, when noticed that Father Brain’s eye have turned red and was blinking.

“Oh Nerd! Look out, that attack is his most powerful one!”

“Everyone under the brain, now!” commanded Miko.

The girls did as the techs said, gathering right under Father Brain as he shot a new beam from his eye, and destroyed everything around him. But they were safe under him. Then, his eye moved and focused right under him, where the group had hide.

The eye turned red one more time gathering energy for a new destructive beam, but once again Miko and Five shot an energy beam from their bracelets before he could do anything.

The combined attack hit him right on the eye, who squalled in pain. He started to fall, and both girls and techs jumped away to avoid being crushed.

Before Father Brain could recover, Miko and Five generated the energy swords and jumped over him stabbing it on the eye.

Father Brian squealed for the last time as he disappeared in a explosion of pixels. All that was left was a small creature made of electricity about fifteen centimeters tall that Five captured on his bracelet.

“Glitch contained,” said a mechanical voice.

Miko and Five made a quick high-five before turning to the girls.

“Uf, that was fun. Is everyone okay?” asked Miko.

“Yes, thanks to you.” said Sunset. “But do you realize how dangerous it was, right? Magic is not a toy! What is Hinobi thinking by using it on their videogame consoles?!”

Miko and Five tilted their heads.

“What you mean by magic?” asked Five.

Miko agreed.

“Magic? What are you talking about? Oh, you mean what just happened! Nah, I know it looks like magic but it was just a glitch. But don’t worry, let me reset you and you can go on with your day as nothing happened. Keep enjoying your Hinobi console!”

Miko extended her hand with the bracelet toward them, as Sunset gave a small nod to Rarity. Rarity nodded back and she created the diamond forcefield right when Miko shot them with the white like.

Miko lost her balance, getting dizzy and confused. Five hurried to catch her.

“Hey Miko, are you okay?”

“Five, they’re cheating! You’re a bunch of cheathers, you know that?!”

“Huh?” asked Five.

Recovering with a comically energetic jump, Miko pointed a finger to the seven friends.

“They are cheating! They blocked the reset!”

Five scratched his head. “What are you talking about Miko? You are the only one who doesn’t reset. I bet they don’t remember anything.”

Sunset crossed her arms as she glared at Five.

“Oh, but we do. The videogame monster who came out of my console, the two of you fighting it and then trying to erase our memories.”

“Yes, every single detail!” said Sci-Twi.

The Glitch Techs gulped. What was going on here.

“Oh, you know… this was a test! Yeah, the new Hinobi VR. A very realistic experience right? So real that you forgot you volunteered to test it!” tried to say High Five.

Miko nodded as she gently placed her hand over Sunset’s shoulder. “Yeah, what Five said. It was just a game, you tried it and now you know what Hinobi is preparing for the next two years! You’ll enjoy every second of this new console! You can go home now and tell everyone how awesome Hinobi is!!”

Sunset took her chance and grabbed Miko’s wrist.

“Hey, what are you doing?”

Ignoring her, Sunset activated her empathic powers and allowed her magic flow through Miko. She would get some answers. The girl was not at fault, and Sunset knew that, but Hinobi was playing with Equestrian Magic and if they didn’t stop them they would be facing something more dangerous that videogame monsters coming to life.

But before she could access Miko’s memories, a strange interference blocked her by creating a small energy explosion that threw each of them backwards.

“Sunset! Are you okay?” asked Pinkie Pie, as Five helped Miko.

“Miko! What was that? Are you okay?”

Sunset shook her head. “Did you blocked my magic?”

“Where you trying to read my mind or something?!” protested Miko.

“What?!”

The two groups stared at each other.

“Firs the reset and now this. You’ve been clearly affected by a glitch. Let us take you to the store, we’ll fix you and you can live your lives as usual! We’ll not harm you; I promise!” said Five.

Pinkie Pie shook her head. “Fix us? What you mean fix us! Magic is part of us, if you take us to your store you’ll unfix us, not fix us!”

“What Pinkie said! Hinobi is the one playing with forces you don’t understand! We need our magic to stop them before anyone gets hurt!” added Sunset.

Miko gasped horrified.

“Stop Hinobi? But if you do it, who would make our favorite games? A game without videogames is a world unworthy of living in! Like a circus without a clown… or a donut without a hole!”

The girls had to use all of their self-control not to chuckle, but they stayed firm.

“We do not want to harm your precious videogame industry, but Hinobi clearly have some Equestrian Magic on their hands and we have to stop them. You don’t know how dangerous magic can be if you don’t know what you’re doing!”

“And there you go again! This is not magic, glitches have nothing to do with magic. And no one is in danger, if a glitch escapes we deal with it and that’s it. Hinobi had been doing this for ages now!”

Miko and High Five aimed their bracelets to the girls.

“This is for your own good.”

Sunset frowned. “If this is how you want it. Pinkie!!”

The pink girl smiled and shot them with a confetti explossion.

“Hey!”

They coghed some confetti, as the girls took their chance to run away. They weren’t escaping, this was a strategic retreat.

“Wait!” said the Glitch Techs chasing after them.

Rarity then turned back and created one of her diamond shields to block them.

“Rainbow your turn!”

Rainbow Dash started to run in circles to create a dust cloud to block their vision as Sci-Twi pushed them away with her telekinesis. When Miko and Five got back on their feet, the girls were nowhere to be seen.

“Oh Nerd!”

They stood where they were thinking of what to do next.

“They saw us, they know about the glitch and they can be glitch themselves! Don’t panic, don’t panic!” said Five, walking in circles.

“Easy Five, if they are infected by a glitch all we need to do is track their signal, right?”

“Oh right!”

They started to track any glitch signal on the area, but it was clear. It was like…

“So, they don’t have anything to do with glitches?” asked Miko.

Five scratched his head. “Now that I think about it, they were mentioning magic overand over…”

They exchanged a look.

“Naaaaaaaah! That’s impossible right.”

“Right, there’s not such thing as magic!”

They started to think of what to do next.

“Shall we tell Phil?”

“Are you crazy? After the incident with B.I.T.T. we are on his bad side. If we tell him some witnesses escaped… WE WILL NEVER BE GLITCH TECHS AGAIN!”

Miko started to shake High Five in desperation, until he agreed.

“Okay, okay I get it! Tell Phil is a bad idea, now what?”

“We’ll take care of this as we always do! No problem, we’ll think in something!”

Speaking of the devil, their bracelets started to vibrate.

You have an incoming call from… Your Boss.

“Hi Phil!” said Five answering the call.

“What is taking you so long? Bergie needs support and you two are the only ones free.” said their boss.

“Sorry Phil, this glitch was a final boss who summoned minions and we had to get rid of all before moving. We just finished.”

“Great. Now go help Bergie.”

“Yes ssssir!” said the two of them.

With that they jumped on the van and fled the scene. After they finished their round, they said goodbye at the Hinobi store.

“See you tomorrow morning Five?”

“Not until the afternoon, I promised Papi I would help him during the morning. See you after lunch!”

“Bye-bye Five!”

At the next day High Five woke up early and joined his grandparents at their food truck. They sold Mexican food. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, etc.

It was a repetitive job but Five really enjoyed since he loved to spend time with his grandparents. Also it gave him time to think. And considering all that happened yesterday, he had a lot to think about.

As he was repeating the events on his mind, his grandpa put his hand on his shoulder.

“Héctor, don’t you need to go to your other job?”

“Oh, right Papi. Thanks.”

“Just run this customer before you go, okay?”

“Sure thing!” said Five smiling. It was a regular that he have befriended during the last months.

“Hey Five! The usual please!” aske the girl with a smile as she handed him the money.

“Al pastor tacos with extra hot sauce. On it!”

Five made the girl’s food with quick and well-practiced moves and gave it to her with a smile.

“Here you go. Now if you excuse me, I have to go to my other job!”

The girl nodded as she stared to eat the tacos with delight.

“Thanks Five, have a good one!”

“You too Sonata. See you around!”

Author's Note:

And here it is, the first encounter/impression between the Techs and the girls. I hope you liked it, and as always,

Read ya’ later!!