• Published 2nd Jun 2021
  • 982 Views, 72 Comments

Equestria Glitch Techs - Kaliann25



After months of waiting for its launching, Sunset Shimmer finally buys the latest Hinobi console. But when Equestrian magic gets involved, the console start to glitch. It is time to call tech support, it is time to call... the Glitch Techs.

  • ...
2
 72
 982

Somebody called Tech Support?

Somebody called tech support?

Sunset Shimmer yawned a couple of times on her portable chair, but she quickly stood up and shook her head. She had to keep it together. If she fall asleep now she would lose her place on the line and the whole night would come to a waste. She looked at her cellphone, five more minutes and it would worth it. She arrived early and was able to secure the third place on the line, that was incredibly long. It was five blocks long already.

The store was in a relatively small mall complete with a pharmacy, a grocery store, a pizza chain, a small bank and even a small karate dojo. But the store itself was the main attraction. The largest local, with a great H on the center and crystal doors exposing the newest consoles, games, controllers, and merchandise. The Hinobi store, every gamer’s paradise.

Sunset stretched, as everyone else in the line began to worry and mumble among themselves. She noticed that an old vehicle has parked right in the employee’s only parking lot and a forty-something year old man came out of the vehicle; a bit fat, with light brown hair and hairy arms. He was wearing a gray polo shirt, a black tie, and a white and blue vest with the H monogram from Hinobi on it. He looked at the line and made a dismissive gesture toward it.

“We open in three minutes; our customer support agents would distribute bracelets to the first twenty people in line. If anyone starts making a fuss, we’ll send you right to the end of the line!”

No one dared to contradict the store manager who opened the door, and three employees came out starting to give bracelets to everyone in line. A young girl with darkish skin, black eyes and a hijab wrapped on her head took Sunset’s arm and put on the bracelet.

“Thank you for visiting Hinobi, I hope you enjoy your console.”

“Thanks” smiled Sunset.

And finally, it was time. The store manager turned around the sign from CLOSED to OPEN and the crystal doors finally opened.

Everyone in line prepared for the stampede but the manger raised both of his hands to stop them.

“We’ll attend people with bracelet first! If someone breaks in forcibly I’ll send you back to the end of the line!”

His words made everyone to calm down immediately and began to enter to the store one by one. Sunset smiled happy that she was lucky enough to get the bracelet and took the console from the shelf and went to pay.

A young man with dark skin, dyed blond hair, that looked horrible; and a bored expression scanned Sunset’s console and charged her. Sunset was tired but happy, she finally had the newest Hinobi console.

Then she realized who was behind the register.

“Hey, aren’t you Mitch Williams the Hinobi videogame champion?”

Mitch shrugged. “Yes, you’re not?”

And turned his back on her as he ran more customers with an arrogant attitude.

Sunset glared at him. “Jerk.”

But she didn’t mind, she had the console, and she was happy with that.

Since the Hinobi store opened early in the morning, classes haven’t started yet so she could go to school without a hurry. She managed to sleep for five minutes before her friends started to arrive one by vone.

“Hey Sunset! How was your night camping in front of the Hinobi store?” greeted Pinkie Pie.

Sunset smiled at her showing Pinkie the box of her newest console. “It was boring but worth it. Here it is, the Hinobi S(H)witch. Hinobi’s latest console, ultra-limited edition with all Hinobi classics pre-installed.”

“Good for ya’ partner! A’ just hope losing all that sleep doesn’t make ya’ miss something’ in class.” said Applejack joining the girls.

“I’ll ask Twilight for her notes. Right Twilight?” said Sunset, greeting the purple girl.

“Sure, no problem Sunset!” shrugged the girl. “So, is that it? The newest Hinobi console?”

Rarity smiled at them as she approached to look of the console.

“Good for you darling. Glad that you were able to get what you wanted.”

“Yep, the S(H)witch.” bragged Sunset. “I can’t wait to play it!”

“So what are you waiting for? Turn it on! Turn it on!” cheered Rainbow Dash along with Fluttershy.

“Of course not!” said a voice behind the group.

The girls turned, only to see the Principal and Vice-principal right behind them.

“Sunset Shimmer, can you tell us why did you brought that thing to school? You know that videogame consoles and toys are forbidden in campus.”

Sunset apologized.

“I am sorry Principal Celestia. Is just that I just bought it, I spent the whole night camping in front of the Hinobi store and you know, I didn’t have the time to go home and leave my console there and then come back to school so I had to bring it with me.”

The principal chuckled.

“Yeah, I’ve done that too when I was young. Okay, do you mind if we keep your console in our office until the end of classes?”

Sunset smiled.

“Sure, I’ll feel better if you do.”

The two sisters smiled happy that the girl was so reasonable. Sunset handed the console over to them when she slipped, and the box went flying form her hands. It opened in the air and the console was about to fell on the concrete and break.

Twilight stopped the console from falling right on time with her telekinesis.

“Ufff! I owe you one Twilight!” sighed Sunset.

The purple girl nodded.

“Just put it on the box and be more careful next time.”

Fluttershy gasped when she noticed that the console started to glow, and the screen turned on by itself and started to glitch out.

“WHAT IS HAPPENING?” asked Twilight when the glow forced them to cover her eyes.

Finally, the console stopped and fell on the floor as nothing happened.

“What was that all about?” asked Rarity looking at the console.

“I don’t know, let’s just put it back on the box and in the principal’s office!” complained Sunset.

Then it happened. A hand emerged from the screen followed by the rest of the body of a large man in a black armor, a kabuto helmet and a large katana.

Fluttershy gasped.

“Hey! Isn’t that Ryo Busayaha from Samurai Gaiden?”

“What?!” shouted the others.

The samurai aimed his katana to Sunset and jumped over her.

Sunset screamed in fear when Applejack ran to tackle the rouge samurai and sent him flying to the walls.

Samurai Gaiden then focused on Applejack and tried to cut her in two with his katana running to her.

“What the hell?!” said the cowgirl starting to run.

“I got you covered!” jumped Pinkie Pie shooting confetti to Samurai Gaiden. It was annoying but not enough for him to change his target.

Rarity created a forcefield to block Samurai Gaiden.

He tilted his head in confusion and then started to attack the forcefield with his katana. Small cracks started to appear on the forcefield, as Rarity was struggling to keep it.

“I can’t hold him for too long! Someone do something!”

Twilight levitated several rocks and sticks aiming them to the samurai, but she was unsure of this would work. Applejack then took a big rock and was ready to throw it.

“We look like cavewomen; you know it right?” said Sci-Twi.

“Do ya’ have a better idea?”

Rarity finally released the forcefield and the two of them started to throw everything they could to the Samurai. The warrior cut all of the rocks and sticks in half and jumped over the two girls who could only run for their lives.

“We really need to think in a plan!”

Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna ran and trapped the Samurai’s legs.

“We won’t let you touch our students!”

Samurai Gaiden then raised his sword to decapitate the two nuisances.

“No, wait!” cried Sunset Shimmer.

A white van with the H from Hinobi parked in a corner, and a young boy jumped out of it. It was the same cashier who ran Sunset earlier but he was dressed differently than the last time they saw him. He was wearing a black and white armor with the H from Hinobi all over. Blue glasses, giant headphones and a strange bracelet on his right hand. On top he was wearing a blue trench coat.

“Mitch Williams, the Hinobi champion?” asked Fluttershy in awe.

Mitch smiled.

“Want my autograph? Ten bucks!”

Samurai Gaiden looked at the newcomer, who smiled at him and host a small beam with his bracelet.

The beam created a hole on the Samurai’s chest, making him furious.

Now he had a new objective.

Samurai Gaiden aimed his katana to Mitch and charged against him.

Mitch smiled and generated a huge weapon from his bracelet. It was a plasma cannon from the Hell-O games.

“Sorry dude but only an idiot brings a sword to a gunfight!”

He shot.

A banner that read CRITICAL HIT appeared over the Samurai’s head and he was gone. All that remained was a strange-looking creature made of electricity only 15cm tall that started to shout at Mitch.

Mitch Williams extended his bracelet to the creature, and it was absorbed. A mechanical voice said GLITCH CONTAINED. With that his job was done.

Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna approached to the young man.

“Thank you so much! How can we pay you for protecting our students?”

Mitch shrugged.

“Nothing, all Glitch Tech support is covered by Hinobi subscriptions.” said Mitch aiming his bracelet to the sister duo, and shot a white light.

The two sisters stared blankly at the space as Mitch approached to the girls.

“Let’s forget about everything, okay?”

Rarity gasped as she created a forcefield by reflex, blocking Mitch’s attack. He stared blankly to the wall, just as the two sisters.

“What was I doing? Oh right, glitch attack. Whatever.”

He jumped to the van and drove away.

“What just happened?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

But then a gentle hand placed on her shoulder.

“Sunset, your console please.” asked Principal Celestia.

Sunset blinked surprised why they were requesting the console again out of sudden right after Samurai Garden started his attack, but quietly obeyed. After making sure the box aas sealed again.

“And never bright that thing again to school. Understood?” added Principal Luna.

Sunset nodded, still a bit confused why they were acting like nothing have happened.

“Sure, sorry. As I told you I just brought it here because I just bought it. Normally I wouldn’t.”

Luna nodded.

“We know, and this is why we are keeping it just for today and not for the rest of the semester. Now go to your classroom. Classes are about to start.”

And they left with Sunset’s console as they did not remember what have just happened. But that could not be the case. Right?

Right?

“Did that guy just erased their memory and tried to erase ours?” asked Pinkie Pie.

Fluttershy scratched her head confused.

“I always knew Mitch Williams is kind of infamous around the gaming world for being a jerk but this is in a whole new level.” mumbled Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash crossed her arms frowning.

“That Samurai-dude came out from your console and right when we were about to be turned into a sushi by him, a Hinobi tech shows up out of nowhere and takes care of him and then tries to erase our memories. It’s clearly a conspiracy!”

Sunset nodded.

“Yes this can’t be a coincidence. And it happened right after Twilight used her magic on the console.”

“So you think that Hinobi may be involved with Equestrian Magic?” asked Sci-Twi.

Sunset nodded.

“I am seventy percent sure. But what I know is that something really strange is happening with Hinobi consoles and we must put an end to it!”

Author's Note:

Okay a small crossover project I wanted to make from a while. I hope you liked it and as usual,

Read ya’ later!!