• Published 23rd Mar 2021
  • 980 Views, 4 Comments

Sequel to Equis Island. - Fortunate Son



1967, NASA has discovered an unmarked island that is being circled by a storm. When an expedition team is sent to this island, it's full of odd and mythical creatures. Some are even bigger than a 9 story building...

  • ...
3
 4
 980

Prologue: Arrival.

A crowd was forming up in the briefing room. Everyone was chatting about what was going on and some were going on about a new car or their families. That's was the SCO came out.

"ATTENTION!" Someone yelled.

Everyone faced towards the podium.

"At ease." Said the SCO

"As you all know we were sent to investigate an unknown island with a team of scientists. I'm sure you want some answers but save it for later. Once we get behind that storm there will no be contact with the outside world until the resupply helicopters arrive. Dismissed." Everyone saluted and ran to the lockers.

11 Minutes later...

The deck was full of helicopters that were taking off. 10 Huey's along with 1 Chinook and 1 CH-53 Sea Stallion rose into the sky. Everyone was nervous on what could be on the other side of that storm. Most were thinking that there was a mountain that they were going to crash in once they make it out of the storm. Others thought that they would go down before even reaching the other side due to the massive and menacing looking storm. When they got closer to the storm everyone was preparing for the worst. Some said prayers and the pilots started saying goodbyes to the U.S.S America.

When they finally made contact with the storm it was all dark and thunder roared around them shaking the Huey. They could barely see the other helicopters and feared that they would collide into them. Just as things were about to get worse there was a bright light. Then they noticed that it was the sun poking out of the sky. It looked way to bright and it was more bigger than it was before. One of the Marines pointed out the surroundings and saw that they were in a river valley. It was beautiful with magical looking birds that flew side by side with the helicopters. The Marines watched as they passed over a destroyed bridge and wondered who was here before them.

[Radio] "Alright pull out of this valley and over the hill."

The first Huey pulled up and the one before him did to. When all the choppers got over the hill they saw a massive wall that had odd writings on it. The wall was made out of concrete and had huge spears sticking out of it. They saw what looked like a ballista on top of the walls. The SCO sent 2 scout Huey's to investigate while the others flew back a bit.

When the two Huey's that were both armed with M60 door gunners flew closer they saw something moving on top of the wall near the ballista.

"Is that a horse?" Said the Co-pilot.

(Last Famous words before death.)

A projectile was flying closer and closer until they saw what it was. It was a 5 feet spear that was traveling with a odd aurora surrounding it. The pilots tried to evade but it was to late. The spear impaled the Co-pilot and the spear was still going through hitting the fuel compartment. Then the helicopter exploded and the Huey now spun out of control diving over the walls to it's final resting place. The other Huey pilots tried to evade and retreat. They were unlucky as the spear somehow changed directions hitting the tail of the Huey exploding it too. The Huey now spun out of control and was turned around crashing near the gates of the wall. Out of the 28 men that was onboard those two Huey's, only 6 survived. The other crash killed all the passengers including the pilots. The one that crashed near the gate sustained heavy damage but some survived.

The SCO told all remaining helicopters to land in a nearby field in an attempt to rescue the survivors and if possible, take the dead home. The Chinook and Huey's landed dropping off ammo boxes and infantry. The CH-53 was the last to land and it carried mostly supplies along with tents and MRE's. Everyone was quickly setting up a FOB while a team of 12 would go investigate.


Twilight puked as she saw what the Royal Guard had shot down. It was a massive creature that held it's little babies. Now they were turned into a crisp. She felt disgusted that they had killed a mother of 12 younglings that looked taller than her. She wanted to get closer but the fire was still raging on and these odd loud pop sounds keep coming off from a stick and inside the mothers stomach. Fluttershy watched in horror and then fainted due to the gore she saw. One of the babies had been ripped in half while some were gutted or heads were torn off.

Twilight then saw Royal Guards surrounding the dead mother but some were off to the other one that the Royal Guard had shot down. She quickly followed them forgetting her friend that fainted. Fluttershy just layed there until a Royal Guard mare came over to assist her. When Twilight arrived at the gate she saw that this other creature held children too. It looked like some of them were alive so she quickly rushed over but one of the guards stopped her.

"No civilian can pass without autho-" The Guard was cut off.

"I am Princess Twilight, Celestia's student. I am requesting that you give me access to this creature that has children who are in need of care!" She cried.

The Guards looked at each other and then stepped aside apologizing but Twilight did not care. When she arrived she saw the guards were poking their spears at the dead creatures. 'How cruel.' She thought. When she came up she ordered them to stop and examined the creatures. she saw that at least a few of them were breathing and she sighed of relief. She told the Guards to get medical teams over to the gate as fast as they could. She saw one of the baby creatures were running away limping towards the forest. She chased after it hoping that she could stop it before it runs into it.

Equis Island coming soon.

Author's Note:

Note that Equis Island is coming around this month so be prepared!

Comments ( 4 )

Main story coming next month, who knows?

Equis Island coming soon.

When?

10793689
Getting busy with school, I hope you understand

It has been a while now, where is it??

Login or register to comment