• Published 7th Mar 2021
  • 1,295 Views, 12 Comments

MLP FiM x Fairy Tail: Wizards in Equestria - SonnL



An entity of light summons the Fairy Tail guild to Equestria to assist the Council of Friendship in a war against an ancient evil force.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,295

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6 (1/3): Pawns of Evil

The attacks from the Order of Scarlet Night have been as fierce as ever. Fairy Tail and the Council of Friendship tirelessly fought to protect as many innocent lives as possible. Unfortunately, they haven’t been making any real progress in defeating the enemy. Since Darkspark, not another Red Moon General, especially an upper rank, has fallen. As for the dark unicorns, they are close to achieving their objective in reviving Scarlet Night.


Fairy Tail guild hall, day

Star Swirl the Bearded came to Ponyville for a visit. He had already encountered some Fairy Tail wizards during the war, but he decided to see the guild hall and meet the master personally. Upon meeting Makarov, the two quickly became acquainted.

At one table, Makarov and Star Swirl sat at opposite sides, playing cards and having a nice chat.

“Did your children really cause so much trouble for you in your world?” Star Swirl asked Makarov.

“Believe me, you have no idea how many times I received complaints from the Magic Council.” Makarov answered while reminiscing.

“Sounds like they’re a handful. But I’ve met some of your children. They don’t seem like troublemakers, and I’ve heard many praises from those who were saved by them.”

“Oh they are a handful. But at the end of the day, they are my family and I can always count on them to do their best.” Makarov said with pride.

Meanwhile, Natsu, Happy, and Lucy were having a conversation at another table.

“Any idea how much longer this war is going to be?” Happy asked while eating a fish.

“If anyone has any idea on how to find Scarlet Night’s fortress, that would be great.” Lucy deadpanned.

----------------

Fairy Tail guild hall, the day after the battles at the Dragon Lands and Mount Aris

“Natsu! I just thought of something!” Lucy exclaimed.

“What is it, Lucy?” Natsu asked.

“The Upper 3 general you fought at the Dragon Lands! Maybe you can find Scarlet Night’s fortress if you trace his scent!”

“Um, Lucy… the thing is… he doesn’t have a scent.” Natsu replied hesitantly.

“What do you mean he doesn’t have a scent?! How is that possible?!” Lucy asked in disbelief.

“How should I know?! I was surprised he can turn into a dragon!”

--------------

“Apparently, the dark unicorns are thorough in keeping their fortress hidden.” Lucy said while laying her head on the table.

“Never mind that. Another upper general showed up at Silver Shoals and we missed it!” Natsu then turned his attention to Warren. “Hey Warren! Why didn’t we receive an alert when the Upper 2 appeared?!”

“The Magic Radar isn’t completely foolproof!” Warren retorted. “That dark unicorn must have used some kind of spell to avoid detection!”

“Then we need to be extra vigilant. A dark unicorn that can make a move without us knowing is concerning.” Lucy pointed out.

“Too bad we can’t predict when and where a Red Moon General will come.” Happy commented.

“We may not encounter one again until Scarlet Night awakens and who knows when that will happen.” Lucy responded.

“Well this war has to end eventually. I made a promise to Smolder. We’ll avenge all those who have been killed by the Order of Scarlet Night.” Natsu declared.


In Scarlet Night’s fortress, a plan to unleash some familiar foes onto Equestria has been initiated.

Inside a large wide open chamber, Dread Lord and Sapphire Butterfly finished constructing a series of magic circles on the floor with the stone statues of Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek at the center.

“It’s done now.” Sapphire said after preparations were complete.

“Then let’s get this started.” Dread Lord’s horn lit up and the magic circles began to glow.

The statues became engulfed in a magical dark-colored light and it soon filled the entire chamber. After a few seconds, the light cleared away and the three villains have been completely reanimated. However, their appearances changed as well. Tirek is in his muscular form, but glowing purple veins can be seen on his arms and face, and his eyes completely glow red. Chrysalis’ body is fully green like an emerald. Cozy Glow is no longer a filly but a full-grown mare, and her coat is blue like ice.

“W-we… we’re free? And… I have my strength back?” Tirek stammered.

“H-hey… h-have I… become an a-adult?” Cozy Glow stuttered as she noticed her size.

“W-what happened to us? Why do we look… different?” Chrysalis was confused after gazing at herself and her two cohorts.

“Hello.” Dread Lord quickly got their attention. “I’ll get straight to the point. We share a common enemy and you three have been given an opportunity to exact revenge on those who humiliated and imprisoned you. I gave each of you power, but you also lose something in exchange. Tirek, you can no longer absorb magic from other beings. Chrysalis, you cannot shapeshift. And Cozy Glow, you lose some of your youth.”

“Tell us. Who are you?” Tirek questioned.

“All that matters is that you have another chance, so make the most of it.” Dread Lord then opened a portal for them to exit the fortress. “Now go cause as much chaos in Equestria to all your heart’s content and destroy any that stands in your way.”

“Very well. I do have a score to settle.” Chrysalis hissed, thinking about those she has a grudge against.

The three villains took their leave.

“I wonder. Should we have told them about Fairy Tail and should we have warned them about the consequences for defeat or capture?” Sapphire inquired.

“They don’t need to know anything. As far as I’m concerned, those three are nothing more than expendable pawns. I couldn’t care less about their lives. If Fairy Tail gets rid of them, that’s fine with me. That will save us the trouble of disposing of them ourselves. Truth be told, I planned to erase them from the beginning. I don’t see a reason for these eyesores to continue existing in this world. But rather than shattering their petrified bodies, I thought I should give them an opportunity to be useful.”

When releasing Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek from their stone prison, Dread Lord used five spells. The first was the depetrification spell. The second was the spell that gave them power and altered their appearances but also take away something from them in exchange. The third spell was some kind of mind manipulation that makes them completely susceptible to Dread Lord’s influence so they would do his bidding without question, which was the reason they readily accepted everything Dread Lord told them. The fourth spell enables Dread Lord to keep tabs on them so they cannot act without him knowing. The fifth, and also the worst, is a curse that will disintegrate them if they are subdued or captured by an enemy or if Dread Lord decided to activate the curse himself. This is the same curse that is placed on every dark unicorn and monster. Even the Red Moon Generals did not make themselves exceptions to this.

“And… what about the flasks containing Celestia and Luna’s magical essences? What did you do to them?” Sapphire asked more questions.

“I’m glad you asked.” Dread Lord then showed two certain alicorns, the dark counterparts of Celestia and Luna.

“Are they…?”

“I present to you, Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon.”

“I… seriously wasn’t expecting this.”

“I thought it wouldn’t hurt to have a few extra pawns.” Dread Lord whispered to Sapphire.


Cloudsdale

At Cloudsdale, Cozy Glow assaulted the cloud city with snow storms. The villainous pegasus laughed maniacally as she was terrorizing the citizens. The Wonderbolts arrived at the scene to confront her.

“Pssh. How are you going to stop me?” Cozy Glow scoffed.

The Wonderbolts charged at her, but she easily blew them away with icy winds. Cozy then spotted a pegasus couple and a filly cowering in fear. She smiled menacingly as she slowly approached the family.

“SKY DRAGON ROAR!”

Cozy Glow was sent spinning in the air by a tornado-like blast.

“Carla, help with the evacuation! I’ll deal with the enemy!” Wendy told her partner.

“You can count on me!” Carla (in her human form) then led the pegasus family to safety.

Wendy and Carla do not possess the natural ability to walk on clouds, but Wendy can fly by using the magic belt given to her by Twilight some time ago and Carla can use Aera.

After Cozy Glow recovered from her spinning, she was confronted by the wizard who attacked her. Wendy assumed a battle stance, preparing for a fight.

“What in the world are you?!” Cozy Glow was shocked to see a being that she never saw before.

“You don’t know what I am? I thought your liberators would have told you about Fairy Tail?”

“I really don’t care!” Cozy Glow snapped back. “I won’t let anything get in the way of my fun!”

“Enhancing all elemental resistances, Deus Corona! Enhancing all physical abilities, Deus Eques!” Wendy was engulfed in a magical light as she casted the enchantments on herself.


Changeling Kingdom

“BRING ME THORAX!!!!” Chrysalis bellowed as she was wreaking havoc in the Changeling Kingdom by firing magic bolts aimlessly.

“It’s Chrysalis! Run for your lives!” A changeling screamed while fleeing from Chrysalis’ rampage.

“Is this what my hive has become? How unsightly! Once I’m in charge again, I will return my hive to its former glory!” Chrysalis growled as she continued firing magic bolts.

“Stop! If you want me, I’m right here!” To protect his subjects, Thorax showed himself to the former changeling queen.

Upon seeing Thorax, Chrysalis immediately used telekinesis to grab and slammed him into a wall.

“Don’t hurt my brother!” Pharynx transformed into his flying spider-like monster form and attempted to attack Chrysalis, but she blasted him away with a magic bolt.

“You helped ensure my downfall! You took away my reign! And you corrupted my subjects!” Chrysalis snarled at Thorax as she slowly approached him while keeping him pinned to the wall.

“I did nothing wrong!” Thorax defied. “The changelings have been living better lives thanks to…”

Chrysalis interrupted Thorax by slamming him into the wall again.

“I won’t hear anymore of this nonsense about friendship!” Chrysalis spat. “I’ll retake my hive and both you and Starlight will suffer the worst torture imaginable!”

“REGULUS IMPACT!” Loke struck Chrysalis with a fist imbued with light and sent her crashing into a wall. “Lucy, take Thorax and the other changelings to safety! I’ll take her on while you do!”

Lucy did as Loke said and led Thorax away. Chrysalis recovered from Loke’s attack.

“So, I guess you’re called Chrysalis.” Loke addressed the former changeling queen.

“What kind of creature are you?!” Chrysalis hissed.

“Didn’t the ones who freed you tell you anything?” Loke asked with a confused expression.

“Nevermind! If you’re here to interfere with my affairs, then you’re my enemy!”


Yakyakistan

At the yak kingdom, Daybreaker terrorized the inhabitants as she set houses on fire. The alicorn cackled madly as yaks fled for their lives.

Prince Rutherford and a group of yaks, all wearing armor, stepped forward to confront their attacker.

“Yaks will battle evil pony! Yaks will smash evil pony!” Rutherford bellowed as the yaks let out a battle cry.

Daybreaker then attacked the yaks by breathing out a stream of fire from her mouth. The yaks gasped as they were about to be scorched.

“ICE-MAKE: SHIELD!” Gray protected the yaks by creating a large shield of ice to block Daybreaker’s attack.

Meanwhile, Juvia used her water magic to put out the fires.

“Let us handle the enemy! Focus on evacuating the kingdom!” Gray told Rutherford.

“Yaks will retreat and leave evil pony to wizards from another world!” Rutherford and his fellow yaks fled to a safe distance.

“WATER SLICER!” Juvia attacked Daybreaker by launching scythe-like water blades at her. The alicorn put up a flame barrier to block Juvia’s attack.

“Is that an alicorn?!” Gray exclaimed.

“It can’t be Scarlet Night. She doesn’t even fit the description that Aura gave us.” Juvia pointed out.

“Listen well you two! I am Daybreaker! Fear me! For I will burn everything!” The alicorn boasted.

“Whatever she is, she’s clearly an enemy and we need to stop her.” Gray said.

Preparing for battle, Gray removed his shirt and Juvia took off her coat.

“Was removing a piece of your clothing really necessary?” Daybreaker gave them a perplexed look.


Canterlot

At the Canterlot royal castle, Twilight was meditating at the castle gardens to ease stress and anxiety. Celestia’s warning concerning the Upper 2 still lingers in Twilight’s mind.

Can’t stop thinking about Sapphire Butterfly?” Aura Light asked telepathically.

“How can I not? I know there are three old foes to worry about, but you said it yourself that they don’t compare to the Red Moon Generals. And we’re talking about an upper general that is ranked higher than the two upper members that Fairy Tail encountered so far. To be honest, I’m terrified to think what she is capable of. Celestia and Luna didn’t stand a chance against her so how can I fare any better?”

I see you’re plagued with doubt. I won’t sugarcoat it; Sapphire Butterfly will be a fearsome adversary to face. However, you and your friends will still be essential in ending this war, just as much as Fairy Tail. Don’t forget that you have my gift. Believe in the power you possess. I speak the truth when I say that the armor I gave you will help you immensely. In fact, it will be crucial in the final battle against Scarlet Night. You will see when the time comes.

“When you put it that way, I feel a little less nervous. But I’m still greatly nervous.”

Aura then sensed an incoming threat. “Twilight! Beware! Danger approaching!

As Twilight was alerted by Aura’s warning, a dark blue vortex suddenly appeared behind her and pulled her in.

When the princess came to, she found herself in the middle of an empty street in what appears to be Canterlot. She surveyed her surroundings and noticed that the sky is nothing but deep darkness. Twilight quickly guessed that she is in another dimension. She then flew to the roof of a nearby building for a better view of the Canterlot in the dark dimension, and it appeared to be deserted.

“H-hello! Is anypony there?” Twilight called out.

“It’s wonderful to see you again, Twilight Sparkle.” A familiar voice spoke to her.

A chill ran down Twilight’s spine as she turned her attention to the speaker. She then came face-to-face with her very first foe, Nightmare Moon.

“Fate sure works in mysterious ways. When we first met, you were just a lowly unicorn. And now, you’re an alicorn and the next ruler of Equestria no less.” Nightmare Moon remarked.

“N-Nightmare Moon?!” Twilight gasped.

“Yes, Twilight. I have returned.” Nightmare Moon smiled menacingly.

“Oh no. Did the Order of Scarlet Night corrupt Luna?”

No. She is a completely separate entity. Luna is still with Celestia at Silver Shoals.” Aura eased Twilight’s worries.

“I have a score to settle with you. I would have brought about eternal night if it weren’t for you and your meddling friends!” Nightmare Moon snarled.

Do not be afraid. You are more powerful than you were back then. You can do this.” Aura assured Twilight.

Twilight then magically equipped her armor and got into a fighting stance. “Let’s do this!”


Everfree Forest

Tirek slowly made his way to Ponyville as he razed the Everfree Forest to the ground with destructive beams.

His rampage came to a halt when he was struck in the head by a magic beam, causing him to flinch. He quickly turned his attention to where the beam came from and saw Twilight’s six friends, all wearing their magic robes.

“Ugh, looks like you had an awful makeover.” Rarity commented on Tirek’s current appearance.

“If it isn’t the ponies I hate the most. So what’s with the robes you’re all wearing? Some kind of fashion statement? And where is Twilight Sparkle?”

“Your biggest concern right now is us!” Starlight bellowed.

“And these robes are more than just a fashion statement, as you will soon see.” Rainbow Dash smirked.

“Whatever. I can deal with Sparkle after I take care of her friends.” Tirek smiled as he cracked his knuckles.

PreviousChapters Next