• Published 7th Mar 2021
  • 1,294 Views, 12 Comments

MLP FiM x Fairy Tail: Wizards in Equestria - SonnL



An entity of light summons the Fairy Tail guild to Equestria to assist the Council of Friendship in a war against an ancient evil force.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,294

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4B: Mount Aris

Previously…

Princess Twilight Sparkle received word that the Order of Scarlet Night will attack the Dragon Lands and Mount Aris.

Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy, and the Exceeds went to the Dragon Lands with Spike and Smolder while Lucy, Gray, Erza, and Juvia went to Mount Aris with Silverstream.


Mount Aris, the day before the battle…

Lucy, Gray, Erza, Juvia, and Silverstream just passed through the portal leading to their destination, and they arrived at the Mount Aris train station. Because of the upcoming attack, all visitors were evacuated.

“Everyone, welcome to Mount Aris!” Silverstream said chirpily to the wizards, who took a moment to gaze at the mountain peak. “My father should be waiting for us! Come on!”

Silverstream then led the wizards to the hippogriff village. At the entrance, Silverstream’s father, Sky Beak, was there.

“Hey daddy!” Silverstream happily called out to her father.

“Silverstream! I’m glad to see you back home!” Sky Beak cheerfully greeted his daughter and gave her a hug. “Though I’m afraid that it will soon turn into a battlefield.”

“I know, but I’ve brought some help!” Silverstream showed her father the four wizards.

“Hello there. We’re from Fairy Tail. Princess Twilight Sparkle sent us.” Lucy said.

“Fairy Tail!” Sky Beak got excited and called the other hippogriffs. Very soon, many hippogriffs gathered around the wizards.

“Uh, hi.” Lucy waved her hand with a nervous smile.

“Welcome, wizards of Fairy Tail.” Sky Beak greeted. “We were told that we will be receiving aid from you. We heard so much about you, and Silverstream spoke highly of you in her letters. I wish you could visit Mount Aris under better circumstances, but we’re grateful to you for coming. Queen Novo wishes to speak with you personally, and I’ll escort you to her.”

As Sky Beak and Silverstream escorted Erza’s group to the peak of Mount Aris, the other hippogriffs continued to gawk at the four wizards. They later reached the top of Mount Aris, where Queen Novo was waiting. Also there with her are Princess Skystar and General Seaspray.

“Queen Novo. The wizards of Fairy Tail have arrived.” Sky Beak said once they arrived.

“Greetings, your majesty.” Erza greeted Novo while bowing. “We were informed that the Order of Scarlet Night will be attacking your kingdom tomorrow, and we have come to lend you our aid.”

“Yes, I heard so much about you humans and how you have been instrumental in keeping a terrible evil at bay. Now I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, but I was expecting more than just the four of you.” Novo spoke honestly.

“Oh trust me, Queen Novo! These four are among Fairy Tail’s elite members! And each elite member is capable of fighting hundreds of monsters no problem! I saw how amazing they are myself!” Silverstream got giddy while explaining about the four wizards. This caused the other hippogriffs to be astonished.

“Well if Silverstream vouches for you, then I suppose I should trust you. Wizards of Fairy Tail, please join General Seaspray in a strategy meeting and rest up for the battle tomorrow.”

“Mom! May I spend some time with the wizards? I have so many things I want to talk to them about!” Princess Skystar asked with her eyes beaming.

“After they’re done with the strategy meeting, you can spend as much time as you want with them for the rest of the day.” Novo answered.

Skystar squeed with a wide smile on her face.

Erza’s group then participated in Seaspray’s strategy meeting and discussed battle plans. Afterwards, the wizards and Silverstream had a nice long conversation with Skystar, which lasted until evening. Lucy, Erza, Gray, and Juvia later joined Silverstream and her family for dinner in the hippogriff village. The wizards were also given guest rooms for the night, where they could rest for the next day’s battle.


The next morning has arrived.

The wizards and the hippogriff warriors, including General Seaspray and Sky Beak, have prepared for the impending battle. Novo, Skystar, and all noncombatants took shelter in Seaquestria. A group of guards remained with Novo.

The battle began at 8 AM. Coming from the sea at high speeds was a horde of humanoid sea monsters with razor sharp teeth and claws.

“Archers! Prepare to fire!” Seaspray commanded.

All the archers did as they were ordered and aimed their arrows at the incoming monsters.

“Release!” Seaspray then ordered the archers to fire.

The hippogriff archers released a volley of arrows. Many monsters in the first wave cried out as they were pierced by the arrows.

Erza requipped her Lightning Empress Armor and with her Spear of Lightning, she unleashed lightning waves on the monsters while they were in the water, intending to destroy them all in one fell swoop. Unfortunately, her lightning did not have any effect on the monsters as they continued their charge towards Mount Aris, much to everyone’s surprise.

“Guess the Order of Scarlet Night was prepared for the possibility of one of us using lightning.” Erza commented.

Gray attacked with a volley of ice arrows.

“WATER SLICER!” Juvia sent scythe-like water blades at the monsters.

“Open! Gate of the Archer!” Lucy summoned Sagittarius. “Star Dress: Sagittarius form!” Lucy and Sagittarius then fired their own volley of magical arrows.

Erza requipped her Heaven’s Wheel Armor. She summoned hundreds of swords and launched them at the enemy.

The hippogriff archers continued firing their arrows. Within minutes, several hundreds of monsters have been slain.

The monsters began striking back by firing high-speed water shots from their mouths. The hippogriff archers were then dropping like flies while the monsters were getting closer to the shore.

“ICE-MAKE: FLOOR!” Gray attempted to stop the monsters in their tracks by freezing the sea.

Before the ice reached them, the monsters displayed their incredible leaping abilities by jumping all the way to the shore.

“Charge!” Seaspray ordered the hippogriff warriors to hold up their spears and rush towards the enemy.

With the monsters having finally reached land, the hippogriffs fought them head on. The monsters showed how vicious they are as they tore through any hippogriff that was less skilled in combat.

Erza requipped her Flame Empress Armor and with her Flame Sword, she slashed and incinerated large groups of monsters.

“ICE-MAKE: SAUCER!” Gray created a large spinning ice disk and launched it. It proceeded to cut down any monster in its path like a buzz-saw.

Juvia repelled any incoming monsters with waves of water.

“Open! Gate of the Lion!” Lucy summoned Loke. “Star Dress: Leo form!”

“Hey Lucy, how about we grab a drink once this battle is over?” Loke asked in a flirtatious manner.

“Less flirting, more fighting!” Lucy responded.

“Yes, my lady.” Loke said with a smile before fighting the monsters.

Eighty minutes after the battle started, large crab monsters that are over ten feet tall joined the fray and fought alongside the other monsters.

The hippogriffs engaged the crab monsters, only to discover that their arrows and spears are virtually useless against the monsters’ armor-like shells. Any hippogriff that attacked these crab monsters at close range quickly fall victim to their pincers. These monsters can also attack their enemies at a distance by releasing high-pressured streams of boiling water from their mouths.

“ICE-MAKE: ICE CANNON!” Gray created a large, long-barreled ice cannon and fired an ice cannonball at one of the crab monsters. His attack is powerful enough to smash through the monster’s shell and kill it.

“REGULUS IMPACT!” Loke gathered light into his fist and punched another crab monster, blasting it away with great force.

“REGULUS LUCY KICK!” After surrounding her foot with the light of Regulus, Lucy delivered a powerful kick to another one of the crab monsters, sending it flying.

While in her Purgatory Armor, Erza crushed some crab monsters with her large spiked mace.

As the hippogriffs struggled in this ferocious battle, Lucy, Erza, Gray, Juvia, and the two celestial spirits rushed around the battlefield, destroying as many monsters as they could in an effort to minimize the casualties on the hippogriff side.

Meanwhile, in an airship high in the sky, the Upper 4 of the Red Moon Generals, Blade Dancer, was observing the battle.

“How long before the megamonster is ready?” Blade Dancer asked a lesser dark unicorn.

“Forty-five minutes, general.” The dark unicorn answered.

“In that case, I’m going down there to have a little… fun.”

Blade Dancer then teleported to the battlefield. Right after she arrived, the nearby monsters immediately noticed her presence and fled from her vicinity. The hippogriff warriors that were fighting the monsters were at first confused but they soon noticed the dark unicorn as well.

“Hello birdies. I’ve come to play~.” Blade Dancer said with a malicious smile.

Using her magic, she materialized floating blades out of thin air and launched them at the hippogriffs. Due to the blades’ incredible velocity, the targeted hippogriffs were unable to block or evade them. Blade Dancer grinned as hippogriffs dropped to the ground, and many more of them soon fall victim to her attacks.

The general’s rampage was interrupted when Sagittarius fired a wave of arrows at her. She noticed the arrows and evaded them. Sagittarius fired more arrows at Blade Dancer, but the general used her flying blades to deflect them. She then launched her blades at the celestial spirit. The blades completely pierced through him and this blow was severe enough to force him to return to the Celestial Spirit World.

“Lucy… I’m sorry.” Sagittarius said as he faded away.

Afterwards, Blade Dancer noticed a concentrated beam of water coming her way and she dodged it by jumping to the side. The general then saw that her attacker was Juvia.

“Tch. I wanted to kill some more hippogriffs before fighting one of these humans.” Blade Dancer said disgruntled.

Once Juvia took a look at the dark unicorn’s face, she was alarmed to see the golden number 4 on her left eye.

“Everyone! A Red Moon General is here! It’s Upper 4!” Juvia informed her teammates through her Aura bracelet.

Blade Dancer attacked Juvia with her flying blades. Before the blades hit her, Juvia transformed her body into water and the blades just passed through her without harming her.

“WATER SLICER!” Juvia attacked the dark unicorn with blades of water.

Blade Dancer dodged Juvia’s attack by sidestepping it.

“WATER LOCK!” Juvia caught Blade Dancer in a large sphere of water, intending to incapacitate her by suffocation as there was no oxygen inside the sphere.

The general escaped the water sphere by simply teleporting out of it. She then launched more flying blades at the water wizard. Once again, Juvia turned her body into water to avoid any damage.

“I can turn my body into water. Your attacks won’t hurt me!”

The general then aimed her blades at the ground around Juvia.

“And what’s this going to do?” Juvia wondered.

The blades around her started glowing red and they soon exploded like bombs. Juvia screamed as she was engulfed in fiery explosions.

While Juvia was down on the ground, Blade Dancer launched a flying blade aiming for her head. Erza (while in her Heart Kreuz Armor) came to Juvia’s defense in the nick of time and deflected the blade.

“Thank you, Erza.” Juvia said as she got back on her feet.

“Juvia, let me handle this one. Go help Gray and the others.” Erza told Juvia.

“You got it!” When it comes to Gray, of course Juvia will comply.

Once Juvia is away, Erza turned her attention to the Red Moon General.

“Upper 4! Face me!” Erza yelled out to Blade Dancer while pointing her sword at the dark unicorn.

Blade Dancer responded by conjuring a multitude of flying blades and launched them at Erza. The wizard effortlessly deflected all the blades.

“Not bad. I can tell that you’re strong, even battle-hardened. My name is Blade Dancer. May I have your name, human?”

“It’s Erza Scarlet!”

“Well then Erza. I have been looking forward to battling you for quite some time, so don’t go disappointing me now.”


Inside Seaquestria, all those that took shelter there were all trembling in fear as they waited for the battle to end. All they could do was hope for the best.

“Trust in Fairy Tail. With them fighting, there’s no way the enemy can win.” Silverstream tried to reassure her brother and mother.

“I hope dad will be okay.” Terramar replied.

Meanwhile, Novo and Skystar stayed together in the throne room. The princess was just as frightened as the other seaponies while the queen did her best to remain calm.

“Mom… I’m scared.” Skystar whimpered.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be safe here.” Novo assured her daughter.

“I’m afraid you’re sadly mistaken.” A sinister voice said to them.

Novo and Skystar were then startled by an intruder that emerged out of the shadows.


As the monsters continued their onslaught on Mount Aris, Erza is battling the Red Moon General that is leading the attack. Lucy, Gray, Juvia, and Loke thought about giving Erza some back up, but they decided to trust in her capabilities and continue helping the hippogriffs fight off the monsters.

While deflecting or dodging Blade Dancer’s blade projectiles, Erza rushed towards the dark unicorn to get within striking distance.

Blade Dancer jumped back and launched a red glowing blade at Erza, who then used her sword to block the incoming blade. But the moment the red blade made contact with Erza’s sword, it exploded, causing Erza to be blown back and she tumbled on the ground.

The wizard quickly got back on her feet as the general sent more red blades coming her way. Erza leapt away, evading the explosions.

So the ones that glow red will explode.” Erza observed.

Blade Dancer proceeded to assault Erza with a storm of red blades. Erza quickly requipped her Adamantine Armor and used its shields to defend herself. Thanks to this armor, Erza managed to withstand the explosions.

Once the explosions ceased, Erza requipped her Flight Armor. With the armor increasing her speed, she dashed towards the dark unicorn.

“FLIGHT ARMOR: SONIC CLAW!” Erza attempted to strike Blade Dancer with multiple slashes at high speed.

Before any of the slashes connected, Blade Dancer casted a evasion boost spell on herself and leapt back, dodging the strikes.

“Don’t think you will be able to strike me so easily! Evasion is one of my greatest skills!” The general leapt away again to increase her distance from Erza.

Erza pursued Blade Dancer as the upper general continuously attacked from afar with her flying blades. While running after the dark unicorn, Erza deflected the non-glowing blades while dodging the red ones. Blade Dancer kept leaping away, not giving Erza a chance to get close enough to strike her.

I can’t defeat her if I can’t land a hit on her! And she’s not letting me get close to her! Guess I’ll have to use long-distance attacks then!

Erza then requipped her Heaven’s Wheel Armor, summoned a large number of swords, and then launched them at Blade Dancer.

The general stopped the swords telekinetically and shattered them with a mere thought.

“Hahahaha! Foolish human! Flying swords are my specialty!” Blade Dancer boasted.

Erza requipped her Lightning Empress Armor and used her Spear of Lightning to fire a beam of lightning at Blade Dancer.

Blade Dancer’s horn lit up and a long wide blade materialized in the path of Erza’s attack. The blade absorbed all the lightning and then redirected it back at Erza. The wizard stopped the redirected attack with a lightning barrier.

Switching armors again, Erza requipped her Wind God Armor.

Blade Dancer sent another storm of red blades at her. Utilizing wind magic thanks to her Wind God Sword, Erza blew away the blades. The gust of wind created by Erza also blew back Blade Dancer. The general was sent rolling on the ground but she quickly recovered.

“It seems that attacking you at a distance is not getting me anywhere. Time for me to switch things up a bit.” Blade Dancer’s body was then engulfed in a bright green light and she changed forms.

Blade Dancer transformed into a bipedal humanoid metallic figure that stands around Erza’s height. She now possesses a pair of arms with long bladed claws and longswords for legs. While in this form, the general floats a few inches off the ground.

“What kind of form is that?” Erza asked.

“This is my pride and joy, my Blade Valkyrie form! Except for Aura Light, no foe that fought me in this form lived to tell about it! Now… let’s dance!”

Erza requipped her Clear Heart Clothing and summoned a katana to each of her hands.

“Come at me!” Erza challenged her opponent.

Blade Dancer charged towards Erza and engaged her in close combat. The general attacked by using her claws to perform a flurry of lightning-fast slashes, but Erza was able to parry them. Eventually, the general performed a sweep attack aiming for Erza’s legs. Erza dodged the claw sweep by jumping back.

Right after Erza’s feet touched the ground, Blade Dancer dashed towards the wizard and did a powerful thrust attack with her right leg sword. Erza countered the thrust attack by stomping her opponent’s leg sword into the ground.

Now I got you!” Erza followed up with a sword swing aimed at the general’s neck.

Blade Dancer stopped Erza’s katana with her claws. The general then engulfed her left leg sword in a magical aura and swung it at Erza with high speed. Erza blocked the attack, but was still greatly pushed back by the sheer force. She slid back many feet away before coming to a halt.

After fighting through some monsters, Seaspray and Sky Beak saw Erza’s battle.

“Is that another enemy?” Sky Beak asked after seeing Erza’s opponent, not recognizing it as a dark unicorn due to her assuming a different form.

“It appears so. And it seems that Erza could use some help.” Seaspray stated.

“Agreed.”

Seaspray and Sky Beak then flew towards the battle between Erza and Blade Dancer.

“Erza! We shall assist you!” Seaspray said as he and Sky Beak charged towards the Red Moon General with their spears pointed at her.

“No! Stay away from her! She’s too dangerous!” Erza cried out to the two hippogriffs.

“Too late~!” With one swing of her claws, Blade Dancer launched crescent-shaped air blades at the approaching hippogriffs. Seaspray and Sky Beak met their end as the blades sliced through them.

In her righteous fury, Erza rushed Blade Dancer and attacked her with an overhead strike, which the general blocked with her claws.

“You fiend! One of those hippogriffs was a loving father and husband, and you just took him away from his family!” Erza bellowed with complete anguish.

“So what? I destroyed hundreds of families before, and I’ll gladly destroy a hundred more.” Blade Dancer replied callously as she pushed Erza back.

Erza pressed on her attack while channeling her rage into her sword strikes.

After blocking Erza’s attacks for a while, the general’s claws then emitted a bright blinding light, catching Erza off guard. While Erza put her arm over her eyes to shield them from the light, Blade Dancer went in for another strike with her claws. Thanks to her quick reaction time, Erza managed to avoid the full brunt of the attack, but she was still grazed.

Erza and Blade Dancer were then zigzagging across the battlefield, clashing against each other and trying to overpower the other. Soon, the general began swinging her claws at very rapid speeds, sending air blades at Erza.

General, the megamonster is now ready to attack!” One of the dark unicorns on the airship telepathically informed Blade Dancer as Erza was dodging or slicing the air blades.

Go ahead and unleash it!” The general commanded.

Emerging out of the sea is a colossal octopus-like monster. As it bellowed, the hippogriffs and the Fairy Tail wizards were startled by the monster’s sudden appearance.

“What is that?!” Erza exclaimed.

“The one that will bring utter destruction to Mount Aris, the kraken!” Blade Dancer declared.

The kraken then approached the shore and the other sea monsters retreated.

“Let’s put our fight on hold, Erza. You and your friends have a bigger problem to worry about.” Blade Dancer then changed back to her pony form and teleported back to her airship.

After returning to her airship, Blade Dancer went back to observing the battle and watched the kraken with anticipation. “Now let’s sit back and enjoy the show.”

As the kraken began its assault, the Fairy Tail wizards stepped up to face it while the hippogriffs fall back. The kraken struck out by thrashing with its tentacles, but the wizards evaded them.

Loke charged towards the kraken while dodging the tentacles.

“REGULUS GATLING IMPACT!” Loke repeatedly punched the kraken with each of his punches releasing a brilliant light.

The kraken was unfazed by this attack. One of its tentacles grabbed Loke and slammed him into the ground with enough force to incapacitate him. Unable to continue, Loke swiftly returned to the Celestial Spirit World.

“That monster took out Loke with one hit!” Juvia exclaimed.

“Let’s cut off the tentacles first!” Lucy suggested. “Star Dress: Cancer form!”

“ICE-MAKE: ICE BRINGER!” Gray formed two large ice swords, holding one in each hand.

With Lucy, Gray, and Erza using their swords and Juvia launching scythe-like water blades, the wizards severed some of the kraken’s attacking appendages. However, right after they were cut off, they grew back in a very short time.

“They regenerated!” Lucy said surprised.

“It seems that cutting off the tentacles won’t do us any good! They’ll grow back quickly! We have to focus our attacks on the main body!” Gray said.

“WATER CYCLONE!” Juvia casted a whirling torrent of water and used this water cyclone to attack the kraken, but it only slowed it down a bit.

Erza then requipped her Giant Armor.

“Gray, I need an opening!” Erza said as she prepared to throw her De-Malevo-Lance.

Gray fired a barrage of crescent-shaped ice blades to slice off the kraken’s tentacles. Before the tentacles grow back, Erza hurled her spear at the kraken. The spear was able to pierce the kraken’s skin, but it wasn’t deep enough, and this only enraged the monster.

“I think we only made it angry.” Gray pointed out.

The kraken opened its mouth wide and a gigantic sphere of water was forming inside it.

“Watch out! Another attack is coming!” Gray warned his teammates.

“Star Dress: Aquarius form!”

The kraken then released a giant torrent of water. Lucy stopped it by utilizing water magic.

“AQUA METRIA!” Lucy made the earth swell and surge like ocean waves and unleashed a tidal wave on the kraken.

The monster was pushed back, but it did not suffer any significant damage.

“ICE-MAKE: FREEZE LANCER!” Gray launched numerous ice lances that are powerful enough to destroy rock.

“ICE-MAKE: ICE GEYSER!” Gray followed up by creating a tower of ice spikes in an attempt to impale the kraken.

Erza requipped her Morning Star Armor.

“MORNING STAR: PHOTON SLICER!” Erza brought her two sabers together and pointed the tips at the kraken, and then fired an energy blast.

The kraken only suffered small scratches from Gray and Erza’s attacks. Aggravated, the monster flailed its tentacles violently, forcing the wizards back.

“Just how tough is this thing?!” Gray asked while evading the tentacles.

“While the tentacles are weak enough for us to cut off, the skin on the monster’s main body is extremely resilient!” Lucy stated.

“If the outside is so durable, then…” Erza requipped her Flight Armor again and rushed towards the kraken.

“Erza, wait! What are you going to do?!” Gray shouted.

Erza ran towards the kraken and sliced off any tentacle that attacked her. The monster opened its mouth again, preparing to devour her. Lucy, Gray, and Juvia gasped as they watched Erza leaped into the kraken’s mouth. Once she was inside, the monster immediately closed its mouth shut.

“ERZAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!” Her guildmates cried out.

With Erza seemingly dealt with, the kraken then focused its attention on the other three wizards.

“Juvia, let’s combine our powers and use Unison Raid!” Gray said.

“And I’ll use Urano Metria!” Lucy said.

Before they proceed, the kraken suddenly began writhing around in pain.

“Could it be? Is this Erza’s doing?” Lucy asked.

While inside the monster’s body, Erza was cutting and slicing apart its insides.

“Just as I thought! The insides are far weaker than the outer skin!” Erza said as she was slashing away.

After coughing out blood for several minutes, the kraken eventually dropped dead. With its demise, its body started disintegrating and breaking apart. Erza soon emerged out of the kraken’s crumbling corpse. She was covered in the monster’s blood, but it quickly evaporated off of her.

“Erza!” Her guildmates called out to her.

“Thank goodness you’re okay! You had us worry there for a moment!” Lucy said with great relief.

“Let’s not let our guards down just yet. We still need to keep an eye out for that upper general.” Erza told her teammates.

Back in Blade Dancer’s airship, the general was stunned by the kraken’s defeat.

“I have to admit. I never expected one of them to actually do something so daring as to attack the kraken from the inside like that. The kraken may have been destroyed, but I can still…”

Blade Dancer!” Dread Lord began communicating with Upper 4 telepathically. “The battle is over! Return to the fortress immediately!

“What?! No! I’m not done here! I haven’t killed Queen Novo and Princess Skystar yet!” Blade Dancer protested.

Enough!” Dread Lord interrupted. “Do I need to remind you what our top priority is!?

Blade Dancer begrudgingly complied with Dread Lord’s order and teleported herself and her airship back to Scarlet Night’s fortress.


The Fairy Tail wizards searched for any signs of the upper general and monsters. They found some stragglers, which they promptly eliminated.

One of Novo’s guards came out of Seaquestria. He was in terrible shape and he delivered some distressing news to the hippogriffs on the surface.

During the battle, Novo and Skystar were confronted by a shadowy entity. During the confrontation, the shadow killed most of Novo’s guards and severely wounded the rest. Skystar is completely unharmed, but Novo is not as fortunate. Her life is spared, but the attack from her assailant had left her crippled.

Inside Seaquestria, doctors are treating Novo’s injuries. As Skystar sat beside her mother, she recalled her encounter with the shadow.

Princess Skystar, the reason you and your mother continue to breathe is because I allowed it. Never forget that no matter where you hide, there is no place in this world where you will be safe from us… ever.” That was what the shadow told Skystar before leaving.

Skystar was still shaken up from the experience.

Once it was confirmed that no more threats were present, all the noncombatants came out of hiding to see the aftermath of the battle. The hippogriff warriors who survived were overjoyed to be able to see and embrace their families again. But for those that perished, their loved ones were devastated.

All the deceased hippogriffs were gathered in one place and each of them was placed in a coffin as their loved ones grieved for them. Silverstream and Terramar tearfully hugged their mother as they mourned Sky Beak.

Erza sat alone on a large rock, completely lost in thought.

“Are you okay, Erza?” Lucy asked after walking up to her.

“I just… wished that this battle had a better outcome.” Erza replied. “We rarely get the chance to confront a Red Moon General. An upper rank finally appeared, and I allowed her to get away. To be honest, it’s frustrating. Right now, I can’t even bring myself to face Sky Beak’s family, not while his murderer is still out there.”

“We saved Mount Aris. That is still a victory in and of itself. I know it’s sad, but… we cannot save everyone. It’s like Aura said. This war isn’t going to get any easier, but we have to keep moving forward. Everycreature needs us, now more than ever.”

“If it weren’t for the dark unicorns and their war, no one would be grieving and mourning. Everything they’ve done… is completely abhorrent.”

“I feel the same way. We’ll never forgive the Order of Scarlet Night. And we’ll never stop fighting until we bring them down. But for now, I need to speak with Silverstream and her family. They as well as many other hippogriffs are going to need some emotional support.”

Lucy then went to Silverstream’s family, hoping to help them in any way she can.

“Silverstream… Terramar… Ocean Flow… Are you all right?” Lucy gently spoke to the family.

“Dad is gone… How can we be all right?” Terramar said as he continuously shed tears.

“Terramar… I know what you’re going through. Both of my parents passed away, so I know what it’s like to lose family.”

“And it’s not just her.” Gray joined in. “I too also lost my parents. When I was young, a demon took them away from me.”

As Lucy and Gray consoled Sky Beak’s family, Erza continued thinking about Blade Dancer.

Blade Dancer… is killing all just a game to you? You will continue to take lives, and you won’t care who suffers. For all those you killed today, I promise… the next time we meet, I will have your head!


Inside Scarlet Night’s fortress…

“What’s the big idea, Shadow Mayhem?! Queen Novo and Princess Skystar are my quarry!” Blade Dancer shouted at her fellow upper general.

“Simmer down, I didn’t take their lives. I did not harm Skystar and I only crippled Novo. The queen thought that she and her daughter would be safe hiding beneath the surface. I just wanted to prove her wrong.” Shadow Mayhem calmly explained.

“Well next time, tell me before you go after my targets! How will you feel if somepony else went after your intended prey!?”

This caused Shadow Mayhem to think carefully for a moment. “My apologies. I promise I won’t act out of line again.”

Blade Dancer sighed. “Sorry for the outburst. I’m just livid that I finally got a chance to lead an attack and I didn’t collect any trophies to show for it. I was looking forward to putting Novo and Skystar’s heads on display.”

Roaring Blaze then approached them.

“Hey there you two!” The Upper 3 general greeted with a smile. “So Blade Dancer, how was the attack on Mount Aris? How many hippogriffs did you kill?”

“Oh, I killed plenty.” Blade Dancer answered. “And you seem to be in high spirits even though you did not fully destroy the Dragon Lands. Why is that?”

“It’s because I had an enjoyable battle with the fire and iron wizards. Not going to lie, before this war started, I was worried that it was going to be a boring one-sided annihilation. In fact, I was worried that we wouldn’t have to lift our hooves. I’m glad we got foes that are actually worth our attention. These wizards are making conquering Equestria all the more rewarding.”


At the guild hall, Makarov received the news of the battles that occurred at the Dragon Lands and Mount Aris.

“I see. So two of the upper generals have revealed themselves.” Makarov said.

“So what happened, master? Were those two defeated?” Max asked, hoping for some great news.

“The attacks on the Dragon Lands and Mount Aris have been repelled, but… the two upper generals remained at large.” Makarov explained.

The Fairy Tail members inside the guild hall considered the second part of the news to be disconcerting.

“So not a single upper general has been beaten yet.”

“If they’re so strong, then how tough is it going to be to take down Scarlet Night?”

PreviousChapters Next