• Published 7th Mar 2021
  • 1,299 Views, 12 Comments

MLP FiM x Fairy Tail: Wizards in Equestria - SonnL



An entity of light summons the Fairy Tail guild to Equestria to assist the Council of Friendship in a war against an ancient evil force.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,299

PreviousChapters Next
Extra: Rainbow Dash vs. Jet

At the Fairy Tail guild hall, Rainbow Dash was having a conversation with the wizard named Jet.

“Hey Jet, I heard that your magic involves speed, right?”

“Yep, my magic is called High Speed. As you can guess from what it’s called, this magic enables me to move at extremely high speeds.”

“Really? How fast can you move?”

“I can show you.”

Jet then ran one lap around Ponyville while using High Speed.

“So what do you think?” Jet asked.

“Hmm. Not bad. Now let me show you what I can do.”

Rainbow Dash flew one lap around Ponyville with incredible speed.

“Woah. Looks like you’re fast too.” Jet was impressed.

“Well, not to brag, but I am the fastest flyer in Equestria.” Dash said with pride.

“That does sound impressive.”

“Say Jet. Want to have a race? Just you and me.”

“A race?”

“Yes. To see which of us is faster.”

Jet thought about for a moment. “ Sure, why not. It’ll be nice to do something other than fighting dark unicorns and monsters.” Jet accepted the challenge. “What’s the race course?”

“A race around Equestria, one lap, first one to reach the finish line wins.” Dash explained.

“Works for me. So when’s the race?”

“Tomorrow. 9 am.”

“You’re on.” Jet said eagerly.

Pinkie Pie overheard this conversation. “Oh my gosh! Everycreature needs to see this!”


On the next day…

News of the race spread quickly throughout Equestria, and ponies from far and wide as well as some other creatures had come to Ponyville. The Young Six and even Gilda had arrived. Twilight and Spike were also present to watch the race with their friends. The Fairy Tail guild will be spectating as well.

Warren set up a huge screen and Fairy Tail provided some Lacrima cameras so the spectators can view the race from Ponyville.

Pinkie Pie sat at a booth with a microphone. "Attention everycreature, the race will begin very soon!" Pinkie announced. "Please, find your seats! May we have the racers to the starting line!"

Jet and Dash approached the starting line.

“Everycreature. Please welcome our two race competitors.” Pinkie then pointed her hoof towards Dash. “First, we have the best flyer of Equestria, a member of the Council of Friendship, and the greatest loyal friend there is, Rainbow Da~sh!”. The ponies in the crowd cheered wildly.

“Go Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo shouted.

Next, Pinkie pointed her hoof towards Jet. “Next up, we have one of the wizards from the Fairy Tail guild, who has the ability to run super fast. Please welcome Jet!” Now, the Fairy Tail wizards were cheering loudly.

“You got this Jet!” Droy yelled out.

“Racers. Please line up at the starting line.” Pinkie told Jet and Dash.

Jet and Dash took their spots at the starting line.

“Looks like we’ve got quite the crowd. Hope you don’t feel too embarrassed if you lose.” Jet said to Dash.

Dash chuckled. “I ain’t worried about that.” She said with confidence.

Makarov moved to the side of the starting line while on his wheelchair. “Listen up you two! We want a nice and fair race! No shoving or any kind of foul play! And Rainbow Dash, you’ll have to fly close to ground level and no using weather manipulation to your advantage!”

Jet and Rainbow Dash nodded.

“Both of you, on your mark!" Jet and Dash got into their best position as they waited for Makarov to signal the start of the race.

“Ready… Set… GO!”

Both Jet and Dash took off in a blink of an eye, leaving behind a huge dust cloud. Rainbow flew close to ground level next to Jet who was running.

“And they’re off! Which of these two will come out on top?” Pinkie said through her microphone.

Soon after the race started, the two had left Ponyville with the flying lacrima cameras following them. The two passed through the Everfree Forest and then raced through Ghastly Gorge, where they dodged some attacking quarray eels.

“Woah! What kind of creatures are those?! I should go to that place someday!” Natsu exclaimed after seeing the quarray eels.

Next, Jet and Dash passed by the rock farm. Marble saw the two racers went by.

“Hey! Quit dawdling! There’s work to do!” Limestone said to her sister.

While sitting at their seats, Wendy and Carla ate some cotton candy while watching the race. So far, Jet and Dash are neck and neck.

“She’s actually keeping up with Jet” Lucy commented.

“I have to admit. Rainbow Dash’s speed really is something.” Levy said.

At Appleloosa and Dodge Junction, the ponies went outside of their homes to catch a glimpse of the race. As Jet and Dash passed through these towns, the ponies cheered or watched in awe.

After going through Hayseed Swamp, the race course took them through Baltimare and then to Fillydelphia. In these cities, crowds of ponies gathered at the side of the streets. As Jet and Dash come and go, they heard the cheers of the ponies and occasionally waved at the crowds.

Pinkie made another announcement. “The two just passed through Fillydelphia! They are now halfway through the race! It seems these two are evenly matched and neither of them is letting up!”

The race continued through Hollow Shades and passed by Neighagra Falls. Jet and Dash then raced through the wide open grasslands as they head to the direction of Canterlot.

“I got to say! You’re faster than I thought!” Jet complimented Dash.

“You’re not so bad yourself!” Dash replied.

“Just you wait! I haven’t gotten serious yet!”

They passed the mountain where Canterlot is located and soon they could see the Castle of Friendship in the far distance.

“This is it folks! They are now approaching Ponyville!” Pinkie continued with the play-by-play. All the spectators continued watching with anticipation.

“This is the home stretch! Time for me to kick it up a notch!” With the finish line in sight, Jet pushed his magic to the limit, further increasing his speed and getting ahead of Rainbow Dash.

“Jet has taken the lead!” Pinkie said with wide eyes.

“Ha ha! Eat my dust Rainbow Dash!” Jet said with a smirk.

“Look! Jet’s about to win the race!” Happy was at the edge of his seat.

“Hold on. Rainbow Dash hasn’t used her ace in the hole yet.” Starlight stated.

Just when Jet thought the race was his, he heard a loud boom sound. Jet then looked behind him and saw an expanding rainbow-colored ring. Rainbow Dash did a Sonic Rainboom.

“There it is folks! The famous Sonic Rainboom!” Pinkie said with excitement.

“Sonic Rainboom?! You’re saying a rainbow-colored sonic boom is a thing in this world?!” one of the Fairy Tail wizards exclaimed.

“WHAT THE…?!” Jet’s eyes widened as Rainbow flew past him with a rainbow trail following her.

Rainbow Dash was the first to cross the finish line.

“And the winner is Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie announced.

The Fairy Tail wizards had surprised looks on their faces while the ponies and other creatures roared with cheers.

“YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Scootaloo yelled at the top of her lungs. It was so loud that anyone near her covered their ears.

“I can’t believe Jet lost.” Droy said surprised.

Jet soon arrived at the finish line, still surprised by the Sonic Rainboom. Dash then flew to him.

“Hey, it was a great race.” Dash extended her hoof to him.

Jet graciously accepted defeat. “Yeah, it was fun. That rainbow-colored sonic boom was really something. It took me by surprise.” Jet then shook Dash’s hoof.

“It’s called the Sonic Rainboom!” Dash said proudly.

“How did you learn to do that?” Jet asked.

“I’ll be happy to tell you all about that.” Dash replied.

PreviousChapters Next