• Published 7th Mar 2021
  • 1,294 Views, 12 Comments

MLP FiM x Fairy Tail: Wizards in Equestria - SonnL



An entity of light summons the Fairy Tail guild to Equestria to assist the Council of Friendship in a war against an ancient evil force.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,294

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8 pt 12: The Last Red Moon General

Previously, Twilight Sparkle discovered her latent power, defeated Sapphire Butterfly, and successfully rescued her parents and Flurry Heart. Having reunited with her friends and safely returned her niece and Shining Armor to the Crystal Empire, Twilight continued on with heading towards the next goal, Scarlet Night. With the defeat of the Upper 2, only one Red Moon General remains.

In a snow-filled chamber, Mirajane and the pony soldiers with her encountered a towering yeti monster. The yeti attacked the group by releasing a breath of icy winds, prompting the unicorns to put up magical barriers to prevent themselves and their comrades from freezing.

The monster then charged towards the soldiers, planning to use brute force. Mirajane transformed into her Satan Soul: Sitri form and stood in the monster’s path. The yeti threw a punch at the wizard, only for its fist to be struck by a flame-imbued kick powerful enough to push the monster back. As the monster cried out in pain from having its hand burned, Mirajane took it down with a fiery kick to the face. The soldiers cheered as the yeti crumbled away.

“Flurry Heart is safe, and Natsu is battling the Upper 1. In the meantime, we should head to Scarlet Night’s chamber as quickly as possible.” Mirajane told the soldiers.

“But should we be concerned about the fire dragon wizard?” A pegasus soldier asked. “He is fighting the strongest of the Red Moon Generals.”

“No need to worry about him. I have no doubt that Natsu can defeat Dread Lord.” Mirajane assured.

The soldiers began wondering how amazing Natsu must be if Mirajane has such confidence in him.


Natsu vs Dread Lord, part 2

Back to the confrontation between Natsu and Dread Lord, the Upper 1 just sensed the downfall of Sapphire Butterfly.

“Is this… really happening? Am I now… the only Red Moon General standing?” The general was upset and visibly shaken by the loss of his closest companions.

“Face it, Dread Lord. The Order of Scarlet Night is going to lose this war.” Natsu said with a smile.

“This… isn’t over! Not yet!” Dread Lord snarled while clenching his fists. “Even if I’m the last dark unicorn, I won’t cease to uphold my duty! No matter what happens, I’m seeing my mission through to the end!”

“So am I.” Natsu spoke with a hardened expression.

Continuing their fight, Natsu and Dread Lord charged at each other with their fists empowered with their respective magic. They each threw a punch and their fists clashed, resulting in an intense shockwave. The wizard and the Upper 1 engaged in close combat, clashing their fists repeatedly at rapid speed.

“Equestria’s future will be determined by its people! Not by you dark unicorns and your master!” Natsu bellowed while throwing his punches.

The two continued with their fist fight until Dread Lord leapt back to gain some distance from Natsu. The general conjured many floating dark magical orbs that materialized all around his opponent.

The orbs then released dark lightning bolts, attacking Natsu from multiple directions. The wizard used his agility to dodge the incoming bolts as he rushed towards Dread Lord.

The Upper 1 then fired a stream of dark energy at the approaching wizard. The latter dodged the attack by sliding under it. Once the general was withing striking distance, the wizard attacked with a barrage of fiery punches. With hands coated in his dark magic, Dread Lord managed to catch both of Natsu’s fists.

However, the moment Dread Lord caught Natsu’s fist, the wizard landed a blow to the general’s jaw with a rising fire-imbued kick, making him flinch. With that one opening, Natsu quickly grabbed Dread Lord.

“FIRE DRAGON GRIP STRIKE!” With his grip on Dread Lord, Natsu released a vast amount of explosive flames at point-blank range. The Upper 1 winced and grunted as the flames were scorching him.

Dread Lord kicked Natsu back and then slammed both of his hands onto the floor, unleashing a torrent of dark lightning that spread out across the floor. Natsu avoided the dark lightning by jumping over it.

“FIRE DRAGON BRILLIANT FLAME!” While in midair, Natsu used both of his hands to generate a huge sphere of fire and hurled it at the Upper 1.

Dread Lord quickly conjured a multi-layered barrier to block the attack. When it collided with the barrier, the fire sphere created a very massive and destructive explosion. Though the barrier prevented any harm to the Upper 1, the explosion was able to break most of its layers.

“FLAME LOTUS: PHOENIX SWORD!” Natsu engulfed his entire body in fire and propelled himself towards Dread Lord, leaving behind a long wake of flames. He broke through the Upper 1’s weakened barrier and struck the general with a devastating headbutt.

The Upper 1 cried out as Natsu rammed him through a wall, leading to another large open area with stone pillars. The red gem on Dread Lord’s forehead (which replaces the unicorn horn of his original pony form) glowed and released a powerful magical wave that launched Natsu back.

Dread Lord summoned another flock of dark ravens. The ravens spread out and flew towards Natsu from multiple sides, but he burned them away with a swirling flaming vortex.

The Upper 1’s gem fired a dark beam at Natsu, and the latter dodged by jumping to the side. The general then appeared beside him and aimed a back fist punch at the wizard’s head.

Natsu ducked under the strike and responded with a flame-enhanced haymaker punch. Dread Lord evaded it and performed a spinning hook kick. Natsu blocked it with his arm, but the general’s kick left a large bruise on it.

Dread Lord continued with a flashing flurry of straight kicks so fast that they create afterimages, with each kick producing powerful shockwaves. This attack launched Natsu into a wall with enough force to form giant cracks on it. The Upper 1 then rapidly punched the empty air in front of him repeatedly, creating a barrage of large shockwaves that flew towards Natsu.

“FLAME LOTUS: EXPLODING FLAME BLADE!” Natsu ignited his arms and generated long spiraling torrents of flame.

The flames cancelled out Dread Lord’s shockwaves and continued towards the general until he was engulfed in powerful, burning explosions.

Natsu hoped that his attack would be enough to take Dread Lord down but when the smoke cleared out, the Upper 1 was still standing, much to the wizard’s shock. Furthermore, the general’s entire body appeared to be covered in dark armor.

“Very impressive, Natsu Dragneel. I admit if I hadn’t used my armor spell, your attack would have done significant damage.” Dread Lord commented.

Natsu propelled himself towards Dread Lord and threw a fiery punch. His fist connected, but his enemy wasn’t fazed. Not waiting for the Upper 1 to strike back, the wizard attacked with a continuous barrage of fire-imbued punches while pouring a lot of strength into them, but they only made small dents on the general’s armor.

The Upper 1 then blew Natsu back with a shockwave-enhanced palm strike and hundreds of floating dark orbs materialized around the wizard.

Dread Lord unleashed another barrage of shockwaves from his fists while the dark orbs released a storm of dark lightning bolts, putting Natsu in an unfavorable position as he faced attacks coming from all directions. The wizard stood strong as his body suffered so much punishment. Even after all that, Natsu remained on his feet, though he still struggled to stay standing.

“You sure can take a beating!” Dread Lord was both impressed and annoyed.

The Upper 1 crouched with both arms at the side of his body poised to strike, and he then lunged towards the wizard.

“FIRE DRAGON KING ROAR!” From his mouth, Natsu released a humongous blast of searing hot flames that engulfed a large-scale area and scorched the floor beneath it.

Though it took him considerable effort, Dread Lord managed to power through the attack while channeling magic into his armor to further boost its defenses.

Once close enough to Natsu, the Upper 1 delivered a multitude of powerful shockwave-enhanced punches and kicks. He then placed both of his fists right in front of his opponent and focused his magic power to launch a more devastating shockwave in a forward direction. The wizard coughed up blood as he was sent flying back and tumbling on the floor.

Dread Lord followed up by conjuring dark magical chains and used them to immobilize Natsu. The chains shocked him with dark electric energy, causing him to cry out in pain. With Natsu staggered, the general generated a large dark magical sphere in each hand, joined them together to create a bigger sphere, and threw it at Natsu, engulfing him in a massive dark-colored explosion.

Once the smoke from the explosion cleared up, the general saw Natsu lying on the floor, with eyes whited out and his body motionless.

“I must say. I did have to use a large amount of magic power to protect myself from that fire breath attack, but this fight is now done.” Dread Lord sighed.

However, Natsu started coughing, drawing Dread Lord’s attention back to him.

Natsu grunted and groaned as he rose back up. The Upper 1 stood still with widened eyes, stunned that not only Natsu survived his brutal attacks but was still able to rise back to his feet. “Just what the hell is he?! I encountered various creatures during the great war 4000 years ago, some considered to be monsters, but I never met anything like him!

Once on his feet again, Natsu let out a defiant roar.

“Tch. Your tenacity is growing tiresome.” The Upper 1 scoffed. He then raised a hand as it glowed in a dark magical aura.

A large dark blob appeared behind Natsu. With its tendrils, it restrained the wizard’s arms and legs and began pulling him in as Natsu struggled to break free.

“I commend you for a valiant fight, but it’s time to end this.”

Natsu’s continuous struggle appeared to be futile, and he was soon completely absorbed by the blob. It was finally the end for the wizard.

Or so Dread Lord thought...

Flames suddenly erupted from blob and it exploded. Natsu is revealed to be still alive, and he was enveloped in a pillar of fire, with lightning mixed with it. The wizard has entered his Lightning Fire Dragon Mode.

“Are you kidding me?! How could he have any strength left?!” The general expressed his irritation. “And... Is he using lightning?! I thought he only uses fire!”

Natsu zipped towards Dread Lord at lightning-fast speed and with a fist empowered with both fire and lightning, the wizard struck the Upper 1 square in the stomach.

He still has this much power?!” Dread Lord went wide-eyed as he felt the blow. The force of Natsu’s punch created large cracks on his armor and sent him flying through a few stone pillars, causing them to crumble.

The Upper 1 quickly recovered, but he was growing frustrated. “Tell me, Natsu Dragneel! Do you have any other abilities that I should know about!?”

“Like I’m going to tell you.” Natsu smirked.

The Upper 1 proceeded to attack with a bombardment of dark magical rays.

“DIE ALREADY, NATSU DRAGNEEL!!!!” Dread Lord yelled with seething anger.

With great speed, Natsu evaded the rays and landed a successful punch to the general’s face, sending him tumbling on the floor. The wizard continued to strike his foe with punch after punch, knocking him around and chipping away at his armor. Natsu then generated lightning in one hand and fire in the other hand before bringing them together and engulfing Dread Lord in a very large fiery and sparking explosion.

Aggravated, Dread Lord conjured a dark magical chain and grabbed Natsu with it. He swung the wizard around a few times and then slammed him down onto the floor hard enough to create a crater. The Upper 1 then jumped towards Natsu, aiming to crush him with a downward punch, but the latter managed to leap away before his fist landed.

Dread Lord conjured numerous magic chains and wrapped them around Natsu in an attempt to bind him again, but the wizard managed to break free from them this time.

“LIGHTNING FLAME DRAGON ROAR!” From his mouth, Natsu released an extremely large and destructive blast of flames and lightning.

The Upper 1 put up a dome-shaped barrier around himself and he had to strain himself and pour a lot of power into his barrier to keep it from breaking, but this caused his armor to degrade even further. Afterwards, Natsu lunged towards the general, who put down his barrier to face the wizard head-on.

With fists and feet augmented by their magic, the two combatants ferociously traded blows as they continuously punched and kicked each other. Dread Lord’s armor continued to break down after each strike. After landing and taking many hits, they eventually exchanged a strong punch to each other’s cheek, causing them both to slid back.

Dread Lord then gathered magic power into his hands and thrusted both palms forward, sending out two large circular shockwaves that would strike his opponent with incredible force.

“LIGHTNING FLAME DRAGON FIRING HAMMER!” Natsu engulfed lightning and fire around both fist and forearm and unleashed a devastating strike that cancelled out the general’s attack.

In response, the Upper 1 joined his hands together and channeled large quantities of his magic, forming a huge sphere of darkness in his palms.

“THIS IS IT!!!! I’M PUTTING YOU DOWN FOR GOOD THIS TIME!!!!” Dread Lord bellowed as he unleashed a massive blast towards Natsu.

“FLAME LOTUS: EXPLODING LIGHTNING BLADE!” Engulfing one hand with lightning and the other with flames, Natsu swung his arms around and created a mighty vortex of fire and lightning that powered through the incoming blast and reached the general.

Dread Lord gasped as he was enshrouded by the fire and lightning vortex. The Upper 1’s armor completely fell apart as he was sent flying back and crashing into the wall with tremendous force. The gem on his forehead shattered and the force of the impact caused the wall to break apart.

Natsu collapsed to his knees with his head facing the floor, winded from using so much power. Due to exhaustion, he took the time to catch his breath. After panting heavily for several minutes, he then looked ahead. His eyes widened in shock to see Dread Lord on his feet and standing in front of him. The general just stood there in that one spot, not making any sudden moves.

The wizard quickly stood back up and assumed a fighting stance, but he then noticed that Dread Lord’s gem is broken and he was no longer in his armored form. Also, his skin was peeling off and cracks were forming on his body, indicating that the general’s body was falling apart.

Has he… started to disintegrate? Is the fight over?” Natsu wondered.

“Answer this one question, Natsu Dragneel. Where do you draw your strength from?” The general asked softly.

Natsu was taken aback by Dread Lord’s sudden question but decided to answer anyway.

“I don’t expect it’s something you would understand, since you fought for destruction. When we of the Fairy Tail guild accepted Aura’s request to take down Scarlet Night, it wasn’t for money or glory. Stopping murderers like you from having your way is the right thing to do. But since we came to this world, we made new friends and formed new bonds. The ponies... dragons... I consider the creatures of Equestria as my friends. The bonds we made are something worth fighting for. That’s where I got my strength. Friendship is what gives me power. And that goes the same for the guild as well.”

“I see... Now it makes perfect sense why Aura Light chose your guild. Though I may have lost, your toils are far from finished. Good luck defeating Scarlet Night. Her power far exceeds my own.” Dread Lord then fell backwards until his back hit the floor with a loud thud.

“Don’t underestimate Fairy Tail. We will finish what Aura Light couldn’t.” Natsu declared as he walked away and left the fallen general to die alone.

So, my life is finally coming to an end. After all the lives I took, I should be prepared for the day when I face death myself. I knew what I was getting into when I swore loyalty to Scarlet Night. But... did it have to be this way?” As his body was crumbling away, Dread Lord began reflecting on his life and the choices he made. “Why am I even dwelling on the past right now? Because of the debt of gratitude I owed to Scarlet Night, I never questioned all the things I’ve done and did her bidding without a second thought. But now that I’m dying without any feeling of contentment, I couldn’t help but wonder if I could have chosen a different path. Was my debt to Scarlet Night so important to me... that I walked the path of destruction alongside her... slaughtered thousands on her behalf... and betrayed even my own family? I discarded my wife and son. I killed my own brother. And after coming this far, what was it all for? In the end, I have… nothing. I have nothing. Now, all that awaits me... is the void.

With his last conscious thoughts, Dread Lord completely disintegrated, signifying the end of the Red Moon Generals.

Weary from his fight with the Upper 1, Natsu slowly walked down a hallway while limping against the wall.

“That fight sure took a lot out of me… but this is not the time to stop. This isn’t over… until Scarlet Night is defeated.” Natsu uttered with a determined expression.

Meanwhile, in Scarlet Night’s chamber, her cocoon shook slightly.

PreviousChapters Next