• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 844 Views, 9 Comments

Blacklight: In Equestria - NogiReborn



When an ancient being of immense power falls from a sea of darkness in the sky, you would think he would be hostile. Well, he's not.

  • ...
0
 9
 844

Chapter 4: The Darkness Inside

Day 28

I knew what I was a long time ago. A monster. A freak. I have long since accepted that no one would ever care for my people and me, and that they would always view us as monsters. But the people of this world are given fear by my curse… I wonder why. The curse has never given out fear before… maybe because it knew that they could accept us. But not anymore, they do not trust me. I have scared a whole town into panic. I should have never let my curse decide what I look like. I have been living in a cave for the past month. A large boulder was placed in front of it, for whatever reason. A small pool of water is in the middle of it, and sometimes when I look at my reflection I can see it staring back at me, with an intelligence that a reflection should not hold. I won't be looking in the water anymore.

He shut the book. He was resting in the middle of a large cavern, while he scouted the vicinity. He found the cave as soon as he fell in the world, and had decided to sleep there until Polaris and the rest could come forth from the void. He hated it. Deep inside himself he knew that this cycle would never end. He would never find happiness or satisfaction from life, and even worse he had to drag them along with him. They never complained however. Never rebelled, never caused trouble. That is why they were never truly human, or whatever they would be called. Most people would just call them Voidkin, abominations of darkness that were made to kill. But he knew better. They were kind. They only defended. But the people of the worlds deemed them monsters and declared war on their kind. That is why he hated it. The only people that he could converse with were never truly intelligent. But it mattered not, for he could not give up. Not because of the curse, but that contributed. But behind him knowing that it would never end, he knew that somewhere he would find a way to break his curse, and he and his people would be free.

In the corner of the cave was a small black sphere. And out of it had Polaris finally come out.

“Lord Blacklight…” she said, which startled him. Her new form to fit this world was definitely the strangest he had ever seen. She became a small blue pony, with streaks of pink, light green, and cream in her mane, with the symbol of the star she was named after on her flank. It looked like she had both wings and a horn, but as he looked at one, the other he could no longer see in his peripheral vision. Well, small to him, but he assumed that she was average for their kind.

“Your form fits you, my lord.” She said, staring at the giant deer-monstrosity that laid before her.

“No. Do not call me your lord, I don't deserve it. And this form has been nothing but trouble, the locals think I am a monster… and maybe I am.” he said, before standing, which shook the ground. “I am going for a walk, If anyone comes through make sure they don't leave the cave.” He stepped outside the cave and started walking.

After about an hour, he noticed, a small figure in the distance. As he approached, he slowly felt his body go numb, and he blacked out. The next thing he knew, he was on the edge of the forest, with what looked like a zebra running to the nearby town. “What just happened. I can’t black out unless… my body takes over.” he thought to himself. “Void! What did you do?” he asked his body, and it responded. “Don’t blame me Heart… Curse was the one who did that, not me, and of course Light did not try to stop it.” He sighed. Slowly walking back to the cave, he wondered what Curse did to that zebra. “Whatever it did, it was not good.” As he made it back to the cave, he noticed quite a few pitch black shapes on the outskirts of the cavern. He walked up to Polaris, and gave her a message. “You will go to the nearby town, and try to reason with whoever lives there, maybe we can get a second chance.” She nodded, and started walking away. “Don’t even think about harming anyone, I know how defensive you are about me, but you can’t injure those who don’t understand us!” She did not respond, and walked in the same direction as the zebra from before.

Author's Note:

If you have any questions tell me now, they will be answered after the next chapter.