• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 844 Views, 9 Comments

Blacklight: In Equestria - NogiReborn



When an ancient being of immense power falls from a sea of darkness in the sky, you would think he would be hostile. Well, he's not.

  • ...
0
 9
 844

Chapter 6: Four of the Void

“I will return in three days, be prepared by then.” Polaris said. “For what reason must you leave?” Celestia asked as Polaris walked back into the woods. “By law of our people, all four of us must be together if an exchange of cultures is commencing.” Polaris responded. “Four?” Celestia tried to ask, but she was already gone. Polaris returned to the cavern, and found Blacklight gone, along with everyone else. “You missed them Polaris.” a voice in the caverns told her. “They left yesterday to start construction.” Polaris hated her, Canis, the one who hides in the shadows for Blacklight. “Why are you here?” Polaris asked in a fake sincerity. “Lord Blacklight tasked me to wait for you.” Canis said as she walked out of the cave, in her new form. “Still a wolf, Canis? How unoriginal.” Polaris commented. “A resident of the nearby country? Maybe you should be yourself for once.” Canis said. “At least I have a use.” Polaris smirked. “At least I don’t pander around Lord Blacklight hoping that he will fall in love with me.” Canis replied, before disappearing into the shadows.

Polaris thought about ripping her throat out next time she saw her, but decided to look for the new Steamvoid. “And I already know about the meeting, just so you know.” Polaris heard as she walked away from the cave, leaving the now empty cave. “Steam… steam, steam, steam… where is it?” Polaris asked herself, before noticing small white wisps in the sky. “There it is.” Walking to the steam in the sky, she started to hear the sound of hammers. “Home, sweet home.” Steamvoid, a technological marvel built by the Voidkin, which sadly moves with them. “I’m back!” Polaris yelled at the city, and everyone turned to greet her. “Lady Polaris! How went the diplomacy with the nearby country.” a citizen asked. “Well as always, but the four of us need to get together, do any of you know where Arcturus and Sirius are?” “Sirius is with Lord Blacklight, and Arcturus is in his tent.” an elderly Voidkin replied. Polaris bowed, and went to look for Sirius.

He was much more tolerable than his sister in Polaris’s opinion. Sirius was tasked to deal with matters concerning the people, land, and Lord Blacklight’s well being. “Lord Blacklight? Are you in here?” “He went out for a short walk to Polaris. What was it you needed?” Sirius asked, reading a book about the natives. “Doing your research I see. Fitting for the Mind of the Void. I assume your sister told you?” Polaris responded. “Of course, I would like to meet these ‘Princesses of the Sun and Moon’, but the moon one was banished… shame”. “She returned quite recently actually, the book must be a couple years old.” Sirius looked at the book cover, and then tossed it into the fire. “It’s useless then, old information is useless information after all.” He paused for a moment, and turned to her.
“You must hold yourself around these ponies, I know your tendencies to eat animals.”
“I know, Lord Blacklight would never forgive me if I did.”
“Arcturus will be hard to convince to come, he does not enjoy these meetings.”
“I know, it happens every time we end up somewhere new.” Polaris said walking out of the tent, “But once he finds a respectable person, he will always come.” Walking around the camp, seeing the residents starting to make their houses made Polaris happy, seeing the well being was in her nature.

She could see Arcturus’s tent in the distance, and she flew, being more careful this time. It was a large tent, made of brown cloth, and inside she could hear snoring. “Arcturus! Wake up, it's the middle of the day!” she yelled inside the tent. There was a rumbling inside, and a large brown bear walked out. “Polaris! It's been a little while! What reason do you have for visiting me this time?” he asked in a kind voice. “Meeting with the nearby kingdom.” His expression grew annoyed. “Very well…how long do we have?” he asked her. “Three days… and were really waiting on Canis.” “Are you really?” a voice said behind her. Polaris turned to see Canis sitting on a tree branch, in a more humanoid form this time. “Canis! Long time no see!” Arcturus exclaimed, waving up at her. “I could say the same.” she replied, jumping down. “Were actually waiting for the kingdom itself, they need to prepare questions, where we would be doing it, such things.” “Well, let the waiting commence!” Arcturus said, before going back into his tent and promptly falling asleep.

Celestia grew nervous. Polaris would be returning today with her allies for an interview where her, her sister, and reporters would ask them questions. But she had no idea what kind of people her allies would be, or what questions they should ask. Zecora had still not returned to the Everfree after the incident, and had been staying in Twilight’s library for the time being. Any minute they could arrive, and both Celestia and Luna felt as if they were not ready to meet them. Looking down the road, she could see faint figures in the distance, one looked like a pony, one was large and heavy, and the others looked very alike, but also very different. “Here they come, get everyone ready.” Celestia told a guard, and went off to tell everyone that they had arrived. As they got closer, Celestia could make out the figures. The large one was a giant brown bear, covered in heavy leather armor, gilded with gold, and carried a large sword on his waist. The similar ones looked like Abyssnians, but were more wolf-like. One wore clothes that would fit a nobility, had small glasses upon his muzzle, and held a very thick, leather bound book in his hand, which he was reading. The other wore silver and black armor, like that of a knight, covering most of her body, and a small, thin blade on her side. Polaris, the last of the four, was now very clearly an Alicorn, with small trinkets on her body, with light, black robes covering the rest. “I hope everything is prepared for our arrival, Princess Celestia!” she could hear coming from Polaris’s lips as she walked down the road. She could see the male wolf say something to the bear, and it laughed loudly. Polaris approached the Princess, and bowed. “I trust everything is ready?” “Yes, follow me.” Celestia replied, nervously walking to where they set up the interview. There were chairs for her and her sister, and some chairs were pulled up for the group. Reporters and interviewers gathered around as it had begun. “Please, introduce yourselves” the coordinator asked the group, and they did so. “I am Polaris, Ambassador for the Lord, Maw of the Void. I am the ambassador for Lord Blacklight, and to one who deals with outside affairs.” Polaris told, and there was scribbling in the crowd. “I am Canis, Knight for the Lord, Eyes of the Void. I keep our citizens safe, and make sure our allies are still allies.” the silver armored wolf said, in a very respectful tone, and there was even louder scribbling. “I am Sirius, Steward for the Lord, Mind of the Void. I am the Lord’s right hand, all that he asks of me I shall do. I’m also the most cultured of the group.” the male wolf said, and the rest of them sighed at the comment. “I am Arcturus, General for the Lord-” “General!? Do you plan to attack us!?” one of the reporters asked. “No, I make sure that I end the fights that others start with us. Do not worry.” he said in an annoyed tone. “Ok, thank you. Now, introduce yourselves.” the coordinator told the princesses. “I would like to point out that we are not all here. Cadence could not make it. To the point, I am Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria.” Celestia introduced herself to the group. “I am Princess Luna, Celestia’s sister.” “Ok, all introductions are in order, are we going to go down the line in questions? First, Celestia?” “Where is your Lord?” she asked. “He is currently in mourning, he will not be seeing him for a small while.” Sirius replied, before he asked a question.
“Where we’re from, princesses don’t rule, a queen does. Why is there no queen?”
“Neither of us claimed ‘queen’ because we both rule equally.” Luna replied.
“Why is he mourning?” she asked, and Polaris responded with,
“His friends from before we arrived here he will never see again, and he is processing this.” Polaris asked a question,
“Why did you banish Luna?” she asked. Luna shriveled, and Celestia replied.
“She had been corrupted by a force we still don’t understand, and revolted.”
“What did you mean by he created you?” she asked Polaris.
“He created all of us. He took sections of his being and separated them from his body, forming us and all Voidkin.”
“What do you mean?”
“I’ll indulge even though it's our question…” Sirius said, “...he took sections of his personality, his violent intent, his temptation for betrayal, his suspicion of others, and his yearning for power, and placed it into pieces of his body that he cut out after a fight with a powerful being. It formed us, me being temptation for betrayal, Polaris his violent intent, Canis his suspicion, and Arcturus his yearning for power. Once he realised that he made us, he put us in positions of power that would counteract what were tempted to do. Polaris has a weird obsession with eating small animals, but she refuses to do so as Lord Blacklight would never forgive her, and it would ruin her relations with other countries.”
Everyone in the crowd looked at Polaris in shock, feeling nauseous at the thought. “Hey! Don’t blame me… I’m not always an herbivore.” They still looked at her in shock, and somewhat fear. “Every time…” Polaris grumbled. “What else do you wish to know about us.” Celestia asked. “Nothing I or my sister don’t already know.” Sirius said. “I only have one question.” Luna spoke up, “What… what is he?” The four looked at each other, and then to the princesses. “You should ask him yourself.”