• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 844 Views, 9 Comments

Blacklight: In Equestria - NogiReborn



When an ancient being of immense power falls from a sea of darkness in the sky, you would think he would be hostile. Well, he's not.

  • ...
0
 9
 844

Chapter 7: The Past

“Ask him myself?” Luna asked. “We… don’t know the full story, and what we could tell you would make him sound like a bad person.” Arcturus responded, looking at his comrades. “Actually, it would be better if he told you all at the same time.” Canis said, and the other three looked at her strangely. “What? I talk sometimes during meetings.”
“How would we even speak to him?” Celestia asked, taking the words right out of Luna’s mouth. “We could call him here, if you wish.” Sirius said. Everyone started to murmur, and the crowd shifted nervously. “Don’t worry, he won’t hurt you, although…”
“What?” Celestia asked.
“You may feel like all your worst memories are being brought back to the surface.” Polaris said.

The crowd started shifting more, some looked like they were ready to leave. “Is there any way to counteract this?” Luna asked, and Sirius responded with, “The only thing you can do is know that this is a magic forcing you to remember, and that its all in the past.” Celestia sighed. “Very well, call him from the forest.” “Are you sure?” Canis asked, and they only nodded. All turning to each other, the four opened their mouths, and started producing a sound, reminiscent of bells. Zecora had heard this sound before, and started to panic hearing it again. There was a loud thumping coming from the west, and the whole crowd turned to see a giant, black stag walking to the direction of the town. Everyone could see it, an aura of dark light emanating from his very body. He got closer, and most people in the crowd stayed the same, but some started to tear up or had an angry expression upon their faces upon looking at him. Closer, and it got worse, those tearing up started to cry, and the ones with angry expressions walked away, not to mention those who started to do so as well. It got worse and worse as he approached, and as he was right about to walk into the borders of the town, most of the crowd left, not wanting to deal with the emotional pain they would experience. He towered over most of the buildings, walking slowly to the town square where the interview was taking place. As he reached closer to the center, the sky seemed to darken, and the light looked as if it tried to flee from the area. All but the Four of Void were on the verge of panic upon seeing him, but they all remained strong for the answers they desperately needed. “Why… Did you call me here?” His voice shook, and the very air shuddered with sorrow from hearing his pain stricken voice. “These people need to know the whole story, and we know we cannot tell it.” Polaris told him, and his silver eyes shut for a moment of thought. “Why… do they need to know?” he asked before opening his eyes once more, saying it in a way that screamed to not speak of it. “They will not trust us until you do so.” Sirius answered. He sighed, sounding like a whole hurricane coming from his very body. “People of Equestria! If you wish to know the whole story listen now!” He spoke, and the whole world seemed to fall silent for the moment he told his story.


He gasped for air, trying to hold onto the light before it burned out in the darkness. He was confused, but he knew he would die if he did not go into the light, but it seemed to run from him, only stopping when he could not move. Whatever liquid he was in, it was thick, like tar but not warm, a freezing cold emanated from it. He could hear screaming all around him, but he could not delay, or he would be forever lost in the sea of darkness along with whatever produced those screams. He surfaced, he could feel air above him… but he could not see it. The whole world was dark, like all light was gone. “Where did that light go!” he screamed in his mind, but it was long gone. He could feel currents pulling him under, but also in a direction he hoped was land of some kind. After what felt like days of drowning in this sea of shadow, he felt ground beneath his feet. Sand. He was on a beach of some kind, but he still could not see anything but the darkness. The whole world breathed with him as he gasped for air, clinging onto his last slivers of life he had left with him. He stood, and for the first time since he had been sent into this dark world, he could actually see light. It was faint, and seemed more like a shadow on the horizon than anything, but it allowed him to see the world that laid before him. Nothing but flat sand as far as the eye could see. He turned around to look if there was anything else, but he became even more disappointed. Ocean, churning blackness even further than the dust now behind him. “DAMN IT!!!” he yelled to the sky above him, cursing himself and the world.

He wandered for days in the desert that stretched out before him, and no matter how far he walked, the ocean behind him never went too far away. He laid in the cold sand, for a moment and thought, “This is still better than the crap I've already been through.” He tried to sleep for a moment, but a familiar sensation put upon him. He opened his eyes to see that the sky had become bright with an intense orange of sunset. He quickly sat up, and looked around. Nothing but the sky had changed, but he could now see the land around him. In the north, a massive dark castle loomed in front of a pitch black mountain. In the west laid the ocean from whence he came, and in the south was an ominous forest, covered in a thick blanket of fog. The east were swampy fields, where dozens of giant black birds flew searching for prey. But on the edge of every horizon except for the ocean were mountains, from where the shadow light emanated. He stared at the dark world that was before him, but he noticed something in the mountains. A strip of shadows that was slowly moving across the sky, turning the sunset sky to a starry night. The strip landed across the world, and now the sky was night. But as soon as it landed, and the orange faded from all the land, another strip of darkness appeared on the other side. They moved faster and faster every time, a completely different sky and time of day every time. Eventually it started sounding like bells, flipping across the sky every second, eventually slamming into the mountains with a loud sound of the bell. He covered his ears from the deafening sound. Thinking the strange event was over, he uncovered his ears. The sky was a simple blue, with small wisps of clouds in the air. “That seems nice.” he thought. But as soon as the last letter was spoken in his head, the sky radiated with a white light, blinding him, as he felt the ground fall beneath his feet.
He awoke in a gray stone structure, in which the walls looked as if they were simply stacked stones. He stood and saw a bright light down a hall, and walked to it. As his eyes adjusted to the brightness, he could see the lush jungle laid out before him.

Dust. He could feel it beneath his feet again, like a bad dream resurfacing. He opened his eyes to see the dark desert again. “What… I just… Why am I back here? Where did they go! What is this!” he yelled into the open sand. He thought about the life he made in that jungle, and mourned. He accepted that he would never be able to go back. An intense ringing came from below him, and he saw a half-ring of light circling his feet, inside of which was a scene that he saw everyday in his jungle home. The lovely sunset he saw every afternoon before he went to bed. It was lonely in the jungle, maybe he had gotten used to it, maybe even comfortable. But… what was before him brought out an immense sadness, a whole life of hardship that brought him happiness flooding back into his head. After dozens of lives the half-rings got to full rings, all layering upon him and around him, bringing an unbearable sadness whenever he saw them. After all these lives, his body became grayer, eventually becoming a pitch black only matched by the empty night sky. After all these lives parts of his very being started rebelling against him, forming their own will, becoming their own people. After all these lives, he had given up, his very purity abandoning him, only an empty husk of the man he once was. The void consumed him, changing his world, and the void’s own in the process. It started speaking to him, controlling his actions along with his curse to bring down those that he loved. The lives he lived had become so many that it stretched the whole desert. The personality he donned during his lives came back to haunt him in the form as the people he had to care for. His memories rested within them, and he would not give them up so easily.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late post, I forgot to write with all the things going down in my life. Hope you enjoy the new chapter!