• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 841 Views, 9 Comments

Blacklight: In Equestria - NogiReborn



When an ancient being of immense power falls from a sea of darkness in the sky, you would think he would be hostile. Well, he's not.

  • ...
0
 9
 841

Prologue: Yet Another World

He sighed. Who is this person you might wonder? Well, at this point, even he did not know truly. His people however referred to him as Lord Blacklight, but he was never one for formalities.
"Sir, the rotation has started again." a woman's voice said to him. He turned to see Polaris staring right at him. "Its rude to stare." He looked up to see the sky rapidly rotating between views of worlds, dozens passing by.
"Hopefully this one is not as cheerful and friendly as the last, I would like to stay longer." he said to the woman.
"Lord Blacklight, do you not enjoy cheerful places?" she replied.
"Its not that... we just never stay as long."

Walking down into the makeshift camp that his people had set up for the time being, he saw them all stop what they were doing and bow as he walked
She nodded.
"Well, its slowing down... lets see where we end up this time Polaris."
As he stood on the brink of a new world with his people, and he wondered.
"Could I finally break my curse?"
As the sky stopped moving, he could see the next world he would end up in.

"Equestria, a land inhabited by talking colorful ponies." a robotic voice told him in his head. "Great, it is cheerful." He was moving around the globe seeing different countries. "Abyssinia, a land of talking humanoid cats. Farasi, a land of talking zebras. The Griffon Kingdom, should be obvious." He paused at that. "The Dragonlands, also should be obvious."
"When did you get a sense of humor?" He asked the voice in the back of his head. "Yakyakistan, talking yaks. The Changeling Kingdom, home to shapeshifing insect ponies."
"Relations?" he asked.
"Currently hostile to all kingdoms."
"Dang, sounded interesting, but not worth the risk."

He rotated the globe back to Equestria, and studied it for what seemed like hours. "Hmm? Relations to other kingdoms?"
"Peaceful to almost if not all." it replied
"What would be the wisest spot to land?"
"Calculating... resources... bodies of water... relations... terrain..."
"Hurry up." he said, "You know we don't need all those things."
"To have peaceful relations, it helps to have a kingdom they can visit." it responded with an alarming amount of willpower. "Best possible spot... Everfree Forest."
"Isn't that place extremely dangerous?" Blacklight asked the voice in his head.
"With the Voidkin as the people living here, the main dangers will not be relevant."

"Would you like to assume the form of the people living there?"
"Which is... what?" he asked, getting sick of it not explaining itself.
"Earth Pony, Unicorn, Pegasus, Deer, Dragon, Changeling, Abyssnian, Breezie, Centaur, Minotaur, Griffon, Zebra, Yak, Gargoyle, Hippogriff, Phoenix, and much more."
"Well, that is a lot of options," he thought out loud, "Surprise me."
He could feel his body changing, as the voice did the work, and changed his body to whatever form it chose.

As the void encased his whole sense of reality around him slowly started flowing into his body, he said, "Well, here we go again."

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy the story!
If anyone has tips on writing in the view of the Main 6/The Princesses, it would be appreciated.
~Signing out, Moonlit Beat, Lore Sponge, whichever you know me by, if you know me at all.