• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 844 Views, 9 Comments

Blacklight: In Equestria - NogiReborn



When an ancient being of immense power falls from a sea of darkness in the sky, you would think he would be hostile. Well, he's not.

  • ...
0
 9
 844

Chapter 8: Aftermath

It grew quiet around as he finished, the end seeming more like an experience than a story. His body shook as he spoke, and now his breathing had become ragged. “I will return when I’m in a better state… you should have waited for the story, but I won't refuse telling it.” His other wings all melded into his feathered wings, and grew larger the more he flapped them. Carrying his body, he flew back to the Everfree forest, his wing flaps blowing away dust as he went.

The princesses did not speak, and the Four of Void held their breath. “An empty world… wandering for eternity… that sounds horrible.” Celestia said, and Luna gave her a look. “What? Oh… oh.” It grew quiet again. Finally Polaris spoke up, breaking the silence. “We must return, so that Lord Blacklight may become more comfortable in this world, and then he may speak to you again… but you will not see us for quite some time.” The four of them all stood, and walked out of the town silently.

Time passed, and almost half a year and still no word from Blacklight. Zecora returned to her home, where she found many rare herbal ingredients in a dark basket as an apology from Blacklight. The shroud that fell upon Ponyville slowly drifted away, the sadness that came with it still in the back of the minds of the people that lived there. Sounds could be heard in the forest, and reports of clearings in the forest with buildings inside of them came to Celestia. Life became somewhat normal again, and the sound of the bells was all but gone. Every once in a while, Twilight would find books missing in her library, but sure enough they would show up again, suspiciously cleaner than when they left. It was all normal, until…

Celestia was waking up to rise the sun, her vision still blurry from dreaming. Her vision went dark for a moment, and slowly converged into a small black square, and slowly fell to the ground. She quickly went to pick it up, and as her vision cleared, she saw a small black letter, with a stamp reminiscent to a rose. She opened it as she left her room, and saw only jumbled white symbols. “What is this?” she thought to herself. Right after the thought, the symbols swapped around the dark paper, and turned into letters, which read.

Princess Celestia,

I have sent you this letter as an invitation to meet at any time you wish. We need to talk, and if there is any event or such, I would like to speak with you then, as it would give me a chance to also meet other influential and interesting people. To give me your response, merely think about what you wish to say as you hold it in your hooves, and it will be sent to me. I apologize for the sudden request.

Lord Blacklight, ruler of the Voidkin People

She thought about this for most of the day, and sent back a response to him, setting up an event for him to meet the people, but specifically the Elements. She sent back her letter, and the preparations for the formal meet of the new ruler begun.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, but hopefully I will start writing more again soon.