• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 844 Views, 9 Comments

Blacklight: In Equestria - NogiReborn



When an ancient being of immense power falls from a sea of darkness in the sky, you would think he would be hostile. Well, he's not.

  • ...
0
 9
 844

Chapter 5: Maw of the Void

Why does he make me do this? We don't need them, we never have. Our people are strong enough to claim this land for ourselves… but there is nothing I can say to him. He is the only one who truly cares about me. But I wish he was not so passive. And how did these ponies become the rulers? In every other world their slaves to their masters, and there are dozens of predators, it makes no sense. At least we’ll be out of that forest soon, it's too lively for my taste. Gods, I'm so hungry… it won't be anytime soon that we can eat animals again, with our herbivore bodies and all. How I miss it, the fear that they hold as I chase them. Lord Blacklight never approved though. No matter, my job is to arrive at the town of ‘Ponyville’, how uncreative. It would be like a town of dogs being named ‘Dogtown’. Without any paths in this forest, it's quite hard to find a way out. Wait… I can hear water, maybe there's a river nearby. Is that… a house by the river. It looks like it tried to bury itself underneath the earth, but not totally. What sort of ripoff hobbit hole is this? At least there's a path now… I don't enjoy walking around in an empty forest.

Her primal instincts kicked in. There were animals in that house… maybe no one would notice. She peered through the window and saw a rabbit. Perfectly white, groomed, and lazy. The best prey she could hope for… “No.” she thought, and shook her head, “Lord Blacklight would never forgive me for killing someone's pet… gods i’m so hungry though.” She kept walking down the road, trying not to think about eating the plump rabbit. She slowly could see buildings in the distance, and decided to fly as it would be faster. As she started to flap her wings, the wings were much more powerful than she thought, and went flying straight into a building. A loud crack came from both her body and the building as the wind was knocked out of her. “DAMN IT! This pain is so intense… can I actually feel pain in this body with no resistance!?” she thought as she tried to breath again. She could see colorful shapes crowd around her, and whispers broke out around her. “Who is she?” one of the blobs said. “How is she still awake, even Rainbow Dash would pass out if she flew into a building at that speed?” another said. She stood up, with an immense expression of anger on her face. “Where… are… your leaders?” she asked, almost yelling. “Pardon?” a yellow blob asked. “WHERE ARE YOUR LEADERS!?” Polaris yelled, sick of the stupidity that these ponies were showing. Everyone around her backed off, and there was a gasp. “Is s-she an Alicorn?!” one of the blobs asked, as Polaris’s vision cleared.

“No way, she only has a horn.” one of the ponies said.

“Horn? I think you mean wings.”

“Wings? Horn? She has neither!” another said, and the crowd broke into argument. “Horn! Wings! Neither! Earth Pony! Unicorn! Pegasus! ALICORN!” they all screamed, and once again Polaris yelled. “Answer the question!” she yelled, but nobody heard. The fury in her bones started to erupt outwards, and they all grew silent as the newcomer started turning a darker shade. “Answer the question… OR I SWEAR NONE OF YOU WILL LIVE TO DO SO!” she yelled, and erupted into an intense rage. “What is going on here!?” someone asked, and Polaris turned to see a horse. Well, a large pony, with wings, a horn, and a mane that shined with the colors of light. The crowd went still, and the large pony turned to Polaris and said, “I was told you were looking for me.” Polaris started to laugh, and grew more louder and larger as time went on. They all looked at her in shock. “You!? You are the one who governs these ponies!? Hahaha, what a joke! You’re only about as powerful as me!” she laughed, and they all went nervous. “Who are you?” Celestia asked. The laughter stopped, and she turned more serious and calm. “I am Polaris, first creation of Lord Blacklight, ruler of the purity of the Void! I was sent to speak to you.” she exclaimed for all to hear in a proud tone. “Blacklight? Never heard of him, must be some foreign ruler of lesser power.” one of the guards accompanying Celestia spoke, and Celestia looked at him in shock. “You… would dare insult my ruler… ” Polaris said quietly. “Go back to him, we have our own problems, and we don’t need another country to help!” another guard said. He felt a hoof on his throat. “Speak one more insult to him… and i’ll cut out your tounge.” Polaris said, now threatening him. “Who is your lord?” Celestia asked, trying to defuse the situation. She lowered her hoof, and turned to her. “Well, at least someone around here has some manners! You have all deemed him, ‘The Dark Deer of the Everfree’ if I remember correctly.”

“You… are his creation?” somepony in the crowd asked. “But you look just like a normal pony.” She responded to this comment by removing her wings. “How?! Are you a Changeling!?” the same pony asked.
“No, I’m not even anything like a pony, shapeshifter of not.” Polaris answered, “If you will not speak with me, Lord Blacklight will be disappointed.”
Celestia looked around her nervously. On one hoof, answers would be useful, but on the other, Polaris seems quite violent. The intensity in her eyes told her that. “Very well, I would speak with you, as long as it's in public, and my citizens can ask questions that you will answer.” Celestia spoke.
“That's only fair.” Polaris replied, “Start preparations… you're all going to interview me, Polaris, Maw of the Void!” She smiled to the crowd as it dispersed. “Just tell me one thing.”
Celestia said. Polaris turned to her. “What is he?” Polaris only smiled, and responded, “My creator.”

Author's Note:

Sorry about that un-smooth transition in the beginning, but her thoughts are important to her character, and I have issues with the whole perspective thing.

~Moonlit Beat