• Published 3rd Apr 2021
  • 1,653 Views, 29 Comments

The Parental Life Of Spike & Apple Bloom - Spikemaster105



Spike & Apple Bloom do their best to be parents to their son Ruby, watch them try to get use to parenthood that involves waking up in the middle of the night to make a bottle or changing a diaper.

  • ...
3
 29
 1,653

Chapter 2

The next morning the teenage couple were still sleeping, the alarm on his phone went off and they shifted, Spike groaned and hit the Snooze before going back to sleep.

Downstairs with the parents, they were up along with Ruby who being feed baby food, they were wondering why the two teens ain't up yet.

Seconds later the woman walked in her sons bedroom finding him and his girlfriend asleep still, "Spike....Apple Bloom, time to get up because breakfast is ready".

The two mumbled before waking up, they got out of bed stretching and yawning, then turned to each other, "Morning Spike", the teen girl gave her boyfriend a morning kiss.

Then they noticed the woman in the bedroom, "Morning mom, wait what time is it?", he grabbed his cell and checked the time.

"It's Ten o'clock", his mother told him.

"Really....man we must of been tired".

"Why were you both so tired?", Velvet asked confused.

"Ruby woke up in the middle of the night crying, I changed his diaper and made him a bottle", Apple Bloom explained.

That caused the woman to smirk, "Did we forget to mention that, also welcome to parent hood, anyways breakfast is ready", then the three headed out the room.

Seconds later they walked in the kitchen, the teen walked up to her baby with a smile, "Morning Ruby", she kissed his head.

Then her and her boyfriend sat down to eat as she was next to her baby, she noticed the food on his bib and around his mouth.

"You feed him already Mrs Velvet?", the woman nodded.

After awhile Apple Bloom is ready to go home and change since she showered, "I'll be back later ok", she gave Spike a kiss as he is holding their son.

Ruby gave a wine and held his arms out to her, she took him in her arms, "Don't worry, mommy will be back", she kissed his check before giving him back to her boyfriend.

Soon the baby is playing with his toys while Spike is finishing up his job application, seconds later he is done, "Now all I gotta do is turn this in".

"Hey mom!", the teen called out.

His mother came into the living room, "Need something sweetie?"

"Can you look after Ruby will quick, I'm gonna go turn in this application", the woman looked at it and saw it is a Job application.

"You're gonna start working?"

He nodded, "Sure I'll watch him", he thanked her.

Then turned to his son, "I'll be back ok, be good for grandma", he gently ruffled his hair before grabbing the application and heading out.

Minutes later at Sweet Apple Acres, the apple family are doing their chores, Caramel is living with them so he can help out everyday and be with his girlfriend.

Apple Bloom is inside her home doing her chores, suddenly she stopped and sighed sadly before turning to the picture of her smiling parents.

Her grandma saw this becoming concerned, "Something wrong?"

"I just wish ma and pa were here to meet Ruby", she spoke sadly.

"I'm sure they would have loved him and would be very proud of you", the teen girl put on a smile.

"Thanks Granny".

"How about tomorrow you take him to the Cemetery", her grandaughter nodded at that.

With a pregnant Chrysalis, the woman is thinking of a name to give her unborn daughter, "Jenny...no, Jessica..nah", she continued to think.

Her husband walked in, "Hey Discord, what would be a perfect name for our unborn daughter?", she asked.

"You already thinking of a name", she nodded.

"Ok....hmmmm, how about Ocellus".

"Ocellus?"

Then she smiled at the name, "I like it, ok Ocellus it is then", she placed a hand on her large stomach.

Suddenly she asked out of nowhere, "Dizzy do I look fat to you?"

"Oh no not this again", he thought.

"Of course not honey, you have a body of a model", that made her blush thanking him.

She carefully got up and walked up to him, she gave him a kiss and started heading to the kitchen for a snack, he sighed when she is out of ear shot.

"Never thought I would go through this again...but it's nice knowing I'm gonna have a daughter", he thought.

After awhile back with Spike, he walked in the Gamestop store seeing that it's two different employees, "Hi".

"Hi, can I help you something?"

The teen walked up to the counter placing the paper on it, "I'm just turning in my application that I got yesterday", the employee nodded in understanding and got his boss's attention.

The manager walked over and started looking the application over, "So you only looking for part time right?", the teen nodded.

"Ok we'll give you a call when we have a spot open", again the teen nodded and thanked him, then he headed out.

Back with Apple Bloom, she finished her chores and started heading out to see her boyfriend and baby.

For some reason she started thinking about her, Spike and Ruby living together like a small family, she knows she's his step mom but she loves him like he's her birth child.

"Hmm, maybe I should talk to him about living together in a two bedroom apartment", she continued to think about it.

"I wonder, does it hurt giving birth?", then she started thinking of what it would be like to have a baby grow in her stomach.

Many minutes later she arrived at the street and saw her boyfriend walking up to his home, she ran to catch up to him.

When she is made it behind him, he quickly turned around confused and smiled seeing it is his girlfriend.

"Hey Spike, did you go somewhere?"

He nodded giving her a kiss, "Remember that application I got?"

She nodded as they walked inside, "Well I turned it in, the manager told me if there is a spot open he'll call me".

Then they noticed Ruby getting his diaper changed by his grandmother, then she grabbed his clean clothes and started putting them on him.

When she is done Apple Bloom smiled and walked over saying, "How's my baby boy doing", she picked him up.

The baby just smiled and giggled, then hugged her causing the teen to hug back.

"Hey Spike, I'm gonna go visit my parents grave, you don't mind if I take Ruby with me to meet them right?"

He shook his head no, "Don't mind at all", she thanked him giving him a kiss.

"There's something else I want to talk about?"

That confused him, "Really what?"

The teen adjusted the baby in her arms, "Well....I was wondering if we got a two bedroom apartment and move in together with Ruby".

That shocked her boyfriend along with his mother, "You want us to move in together with a place to ourselves?", she nodded.

"I'm not sure you both should....what about school and Apple Bloom, would Big Mac and Applejack let you knowing you have responsibilities at your farm?", the woman asked.

"Well, I can just go to the farm every morning after School".

"What about Ruby, who's gonna watch him when I start working?", Spike asked.

"I can take him with me to the farm and keep an eye on him there", then she turned her attention to her son.

"Would you like that Ruby, me you and daddy living together", all he did was hugged her with a smile causing her to hug back and kiss his little head.

Her boyfriend thought about it, then smiled at the idea of him, his son and girlfriend getting a home to themselves.

"You know what, that does sound nice...ok then, but just wait for awhile till I have enough money to get a place", she nodded in understanding.

Then Velvet thought of something, "Apple Bloom, till then would you like to live with us so you can be with Ruby everyday".

That surprised her, "You'll do that", she nodded.

"It wouldn't be fair to him that his mother doesn't live with him", the teen thought about it before smiling and nodding.

Many hour's later when Apple Bloom is officially living with the Sparkle's so that she can be with her son everyday.

Her big brother let her as long as she shows up to the farm after School to help with the apple harvest, she agreed.

It is the middle of the night and suddenly Ruby woke up crying, the teens stired in there sleep, "Ruby's awake", Spike quietly spoke.

"It's your turn", then Bloom headed back to sleep.

Her boyfriend started getting out of bed continuing to barley hear his son cry, he yawned and walked out his room.

He then walked in his sons room turning the light on, after his eyes adjusted to the light he noticed the bottle is empty.

He grabbed it and started making a new one, seconds later he gently picked his son up and felt a soft wet spot on his arm.

"Great", he thought before laying him back down, then grabbed a clean diaper and baby wipes.

As he started undressing his son, he started thinking to himself, "So this is life of a dad huh", then doing his best not to gag from the smell after opening up the dirty diaper.