• Published 16th Feb 2021
  • 1,293 Views, 370 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Blue Destiny - MagnetBolt



Far above the wasteland, where the skies are blue and war is a distant memory, a dark conspiracy and a threat from the past collide to threaten everything.

  • ...
11
 370
 1,293

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 85: Vampire Killer

“You look positively good enough to eat~” Lady of Dark Tides said, resting her cheek on her hoof and leering at me with eyes that were equal parts seductive and predatory. It should have had more impact, but I could feel what was really behind those words. As much as it was a tease, it was a bad effort at it, like she was just going through the motions of what we expected a master vampire to be like.

“It is a nice outfit,” I agreed, turning a little to look at myself. There weren’t a whole lot of mirrors around the place for some reason, so I wasn’t really sure how the red silk dress hung on me, but the black embroidery of spiders and stylized webs made me absolutely sure it was more expensive than anything I’d ever worn before except maybe the Exodus Armor.

“It’s very kind of you to provide us with appropriate attire,” Emma said stiffly. It seemed like she was falling back on military training. I could sense fear coming off her in dampened, hidden waves, like something thrashing beneath the surface of the sea and barely showing on the surface.

“I’m sorry we couldn’t do much for you,” Lady apologized, looking at Destiny.

“Actually, this is… more than I expected,” Destiny said. A shawl had been placed over the helmet. The material should have hung straight down, but it must have been enchanted somehow because it was holding a shape, the thin material bunching up and lying in the air like the ghost’s neck and shoulders were solid. “Thank you.”

“It wouldn’t do to be a poor host to the first guests we’ve had in so many years,” Lady said. She motioned with a hoof, and servants came forward with covered platters, putting them on the table in front of us. It was a massive table, obviously far too large to have fit through the doors, made of some heavy, black wood that felt like iron under my hooves. The lights in the dining room were dull, no better than candlelight, coming from sconces on the wall that were designed to look like torches instead of dim incandescent bulbs.

The main effect the lights had was to really emphasize the way the eyes of everypony else around the table glowed like embers. There had to be a dozen of them, most of them looking bored but a few genuinely seemed happy to see us, raising their cups to toast us.

“This isn’t going to be something where we have to drink blood, right?” I whispered to Midnight Shadow Sun. She’d very pointedly sat next to us, between me and the rest of the vampires.

“It’s wine,” Midi promised. “Drinking blood is… you don’t do that in public! Except on rave night.”

“Because it’s weirdly sexual?” I guessed.

Because that’s how you get a mob with torches and pitchforks coming to your front door. Also, yes, because it’s weirdly sexual. A lot of ponies are prudes about blood orgies.”

“So what is on the table?” I asked.

The servants, whose eyes I noticed were not glowing, lifted the cloches and revealed… very strange-looking fruit.

“We have a large number of interesting specimens in the arboretum,” Lady of Dark Tides explained. “One of our little side projects, while we’ve been stuck here, has been trying to cultivate crops that survived in the wasteland. Most of the results are useless, but some of the surviving seeds show promise.”

She reached down and picked up a berry the size of her head from her own serving tray.

“Impressive, no?” Lady asked. “Once we can free the Exodus Black, some of our discoveries could help to revitalize Equestria in the future.”

“I didn’t think vampires would care much about farming,” Emma said.

“We want nothing more than for Equestria to be healthy and strong again,” Lady said. “We cannot survive without other ponies, but that’s true of all of us, vampire and mortal alike. Please, enjoy the literal fruits of our labor.”

I didn’t want to seem like a bad guest. And I was hungry. I picked up something that looked like a lumpy tomato and bit into it. It had a strange, sweet flavor somewhere between a cherry and a banana.

“Hmm…” I tilted my head and took another bite of the soft fruit. The texture was like pudding caught in a bunch of strings. It was one of the most unusual things I’d ever eaten, but it wasn’t bad.

“What’s wrong?” Lady asked. I looked up, but her attention wasn’t on me. She was looking at the other side of the table, where one of the other vampires was sitting and coldly glaring at me. I met his gaze and the killing intent behind it was a static charge on my skin.

“I refuse to eat with these barbaric mortals,” the stallion said. “They murdered one of our family, and we reward them? Wind That Shreds Ashen Petals was the one who cared for most of these crops! It’s like spitting on his grave!”

“He was feral,” Lady explained calmly.

He stood up, slamming a hoof into the table hard enough to rattle plates. “That’s what they say, but what proof do we have? Maybe they’re just here to gather information before coming back with an army!”

“If Chamomile wanted you dead, she wouldn’t need the army,” Emma said.

Glowing eyes turned to me.

“Thank you for the vote of confidence,” I sighed.

“I’m not afraid of an unarmed mortal mare,” the vampire growled, showing long fangs.

"Dude, you do not want to fight her,” Midi said. “It’s a bad idea.”

“Letting them leave is a bad idea!” he snapped. “Now that we have what we need to repair the ship, let us be done with them! They’ve served their purpose!”

“Enough!” Lady of Dark Waters snapped. “I will not have our guests treated this way!”

“I demand a test of strength!” the vampire declared. “A duel! Here and now!”

“Oh, now you’ve done it,” Midi groaned.

“That is your right, Once and Twice Crimson and Azure Siaka,” Lady sighed. She sounded annoyed and exhausted, but I could sense something beneath it. I narrowed my eyes. Something told me she was actually pleased about this. She was enjoying the spectacle. “Midnight Shadow Sun, as you are familiar with our traditions, you will serve as Chamomile’s second.”

“Yeah, I figured.” Midnight sighed, pushing herself back from the table and getting up. “Chamomile, let’s talk real fast.”

I got up and gave Destiny and Emma a shrug before following Midnight over to the side of the room. She looked exasperated.

“I’m at least half sure my mom planned this,” Midi whispered. “Since you’ve been challenged and he picked the time and place, you can pretty much demand any weapon or concession you want. Before you ask, no, there’s no way to just back out of this.”

I shrugged. “Okay.”

“Once and Twice Crimson and Azure Siaka has a couple hundred years of experience on you. I know your friends talked you up as being pretty tough, but he’s insanely strong. If you ask, we can probably get your armor and some weapons to try and even this up.”

“Nah,” I said. I started taking off the dress. “Help me with this. I don’t want to get it mussed up.”

“If you’re thinking of throwing the fight, it’s a bad idea. He’ll probably try and kill you just out of spite,” Midi warned. She helped me slip out of the red silk, and I brushed myself off, trying to smooth down my coat. The little scars from shrapnel and laser burns didn’t really show, but they made my coat grow all scraggly and weird in spots.

“I get to decide on weapons, right? He can have anything he’s got on him. Same goes for armor or magic or whatever. I just want to get this over with.”

“This is a bad idea,” Midnight groaned.

“I know, but let’s not tell him that yet.” I gave Midnight a pat on the shoulder.

“Fine, it’s your funeral.” She sighed and turned around. “Chamomile accepts your terms to duel here and now, and chooses to allow you any weapon you have with you.”

“I accept those terms,” Crimson and Azure Siaka said with scorn. He stood up and walked over to the clear spot between the table and the far wall. It was more than enough room for entertainment like this. I had a feeling this was far from the first time they’d watched ponies fight each other while they ate. He spread his wings, revealing blades fixed to the long bones. “I am never without a weapon.”

“Those must be really uncomfortable to fly with,” I said. I held up my right hoof and let the blade swing out like a mantis shrimp’s claw. “Do you just have those because it looks cool? Aren't you worried you'd break something if you actually attacked?”

“See if you can be so flippant when you’re dead!” he flew at me, launching into the air and swinging his wings forward like a huge pair of scissors. It probably would have been a killing blow to a pony who wasn’t prepared. Instead of taking off my head, his blades met my knife, stopping his charge in midair with a shower of sparks.

To give him credit, he reacted almost instantly, twisting around to try and kick me. I caught it with my forehead, leaning into it. The vampire was pretty strong, but his grin at hitting me turned into a grimace when he realized I wasn’t even hurt.

“Is it my turn yet?” I asked. Before he could throw out an insult as an answer, I grabbed his hoof and tossed him over my shoulder, slamming him spine-first into the wall. He bounced off, landing on all four hooves and crumpling to his knees after a moment as the shock radiated through him.

He shook himself off and glared at me. He wasn’t gonna concede. He was too mad. I sighed and motioned for him to come at me again. Crimson and Azure Siaka’s eyes blazed, and he came at me again, wingblade first.

I dropped into the cold world of my wired reflexes and time almost stopped around me, everything slowing to a crawl. I stepped up to his chest, inside his reach, and punched him hard in the sternum, bone cracking under my left hoof.

Time lurched back into motion, and the vampire went straight up into the ceiling. Black ichor sprayed from his mouth, and he landed in a heap.

“Are we done yet?” I asked.

Crimson and Azure Siaka groaned.

“I believe so,” Lady of Dark Tides agreed. She floated over, hooves not quite touching the deck. “Oh Crimson, how pathetic,” she sighed. “It was bad enough that you picked a fight with our guests, but you had to lose in such a humiliating way, too.”

“Give me a chance,” he spat, black oily clotted gunk falling from his lips. “I can beat her!”

“No, you can’t,” Lady said. “You challenged a foal and lost, and there wouldn’t have been honor in it even if you won. You poor, misguided thing…”

She gave him a soothing pat on the head and touched his wings. With a sudden twist, she tore the wingblades from him, ripping them off and with the same motion tearing out the long bones of his wings. He screamed, his shredded wings collapsing, just scraps of flesh now.

“Throw him overboard,” Lady of Dark Tides ordered. Two other vampires grabbed him by the forehooves and dragged him away while he was still screaming. The room was silent for a moment until the sound faded.

I coughed, feeling awkward. “Uh…”

“So! Where were we?” Lady of Dark Tides asked, suddenly chipper. She tossed the debris aside. “There was a wonderful jackfruit variety I’d love you to try next!”


“I’m so sorry about all that,” Midnight groaned. “I should have expected my mother to try to pull something like that.”
She paced from one side of the suite we’d been given to the other. I watched her and tried to get comfortable on the couch. It felt like nopony had touched it in two hundred years and it had fossilized in place.

“She reminds me of my mom,” I said.

“I do remember dealing with her,” Destiny said. “She mostly negotiated through intermediaries--”

“Lawyers,” Midnight corrected.

“Yes, but they were polite, and I wouldn’t want to just call somepony a lawyer for no reason,” Destiny replied. “What I mean is, she can be reasoned with. She was trustworthy enough for me to be comfortable doing business with her.”

“So far, you’ve sold these Arks to vampires, Queen Flurry Heart, and one of the Ministries,” I said. “You built five… kept one for yourself… who did you sell the last one to? War criminals fleeing the law?”

“You like Flurry Heart!” Destiny reminded me. “And everypony liked Fluttershy.”

“How much money did the vampire give you?” Emma asked.

“A totally irresponsible amount,” Midnight said. “No matter how bored or listless you are, you don’t get to be a few centuries old without also being careful and a little paranoid. No expense is too much when it might be the only escape from final death.”

Does your mom want us dead?” Emma asked. She’d already changed back into her armor, and I couldn’t blame her. I’d want some extra protection too if I had to worry the locals might try to drink my blood. “If she’s that paranoid maybe she thinks we really will bring an army down on her head.”

“Of course not. The opposite, actually,” Lady of Dark Tides said, from right next to me, where she absolutely hadn’t been a moment ago. She didn’t quite touch the couch, floating just above it. I popped off the couch in alarm, but she didn’t make any threatening moves beyond teleporting right next to me unseen. “As you suspected, Midnight, I did arrange things a bit.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Now none of the others will stand against you,” she explained. “They’re family, but they’re also largely idiots. Now they fear you! It’s far easier to manage them this way, especially when you’re such important allies.”

“What if he’d killed Chamomile?” Midnight protested.

Lady of Dark Tides scoffed. “Please, daughter, don’t fall into the bad habit of underestimating mortals. Especially ones that we need.”

“What do you need us for? You’ve got main power online already,” I said.

“Yes, and it’s made things more tolerable, but we’re still rather stuck,” Lady sighed. “The Exodus Black is still drifting with the wind. Moving dissipates some of the storm’s energy, but it remains centered on us. If we try to land, the storm will only grow stronger and stronger. If we’re to truly escape, we must find a way to end the megaspell’s effect.”

“...And we can do that?”

The vampire queen smiled. “Yes, and no. We have the answer already. In a way.”

“Please don’t beat around the belfry,” Midnight groaned.

“You know what she’s talking about?” Destiny asked.

“It’s the transmission we got, right?” Midnight asked, looking to her mother for confirmation.

“Yes,” Lady confirmed. “We received a heavily compressed, somewhat corrupted transmission. From Kulaas.”

“Oh.” I sat on the floor, folding my forehooves and thinking. “So she told you how to fix this mess.”

“I believe so,” Lady said. “It’s what we requested before the data link broke. We lack the ability to decrypt the information. The main computer core was damaged by the power loss. It didn’t endanger the ship, but we’re left with an answer and no way to read what it says.”

“I get it,” Destiny mumbled. The shawl around the helmet really made her look more like a ghost. It was almost creepy to see her floating around the room, now that I was more aware of the invisible pony and didn’t just see her as a helmet. “You think we can read it for you.”

“I believe you’re more familiar with conditions outside this place,” Lady confirmed. “You have a head start on things, and your cooperation would save years of time we would need building the connections you already have.”

“...There is one place where they might be able to help,” I remembered. “The Greywings.”

Emma shot me a look of annoyance. I shrugged back at her. I knew why she was ticked off. She didn’t like that I’d just immediately given the vampires a place to look.

“There, you see?” Lady motioned to me with a lazy hoof. “In return you may have my eldest daughter’s hoof in marriage.”

“Mom!” Midnight yelled. “You are not allowed to marry me off!”

“Oh fine,” Lady sighed. “I’ll come up with some other reward. Usually I’d offer to turn you into a member of the family, escape the mortal cycle of death, the endless glory of the hunt under Nightmare Moon’s sky, but I doubt you’d be interested.”

Emma gave me another look. It was a very firm look, telling me that I needed to give Lady the right answer and that Emma was going to smack me if I tried anything else.

“No,” I mumbled, tasting sour grapes. “And I’m probably immune anyway…”

Lady leaned over, using a hoof to hide her mouth from Midnight and stage whispering across the room. “I can probably soften Midnight up on the idea of marriage so don’t take it off the table yet.”

“You’ve been doing this for the last four hundred years, Mom!” Midnight huffed.

“Only because it’s been five hundred years since your last stallionfriend! He was so nice! What happened to him?”

Midi shrugged. “Inquisition.”

“Oh right!” Lady gasped. “I almost forgot about them!”

“Can we just have the holotape you’re hiding?” Midnight asked. “We should go talk to these Greywings.”

“I know you’ll all do a good job,” Lady said. She produced the holotape from where it was hidden in the folds of her dress. “I look forward to your success.”


“We’re not really going to help them, are we?” Emma asked. She was in the middle of the checklist to start up the VertiBuck. “I’m thinking we get out of here, put warning beacons around the storm, and stay away for good.”

“Wow, super rude,” Midnight said. “You wouldn’t do that, would you Chamomile?”

She gave me a sad look with big, dark eyes.

“Um…” I coughed. “I couldn’t. I mean, um. I said I was going to help?”

“It wouldn’t be a bad idea to go to the Greywings regardless,” Destiny added. “Once we know what’s actually in the transmission, we can make an informed decision on what to do. I will vouch for them, though. They weren’t a danger to Equestria before, there’s no reason to think they would be now.”

“I understand why she’s afraid,” Midnight admitted. “We’re predators. It’s normal to fear us.”

“I’m not afraid,” Emma lied.

“It’s okay if you were,” Midnight assured her. “I would be, if I was surrounded by ponies that preyed on my kind.”

“It reminds me of the changelings,” I said. “They’re scary looking, they prey on ponies, and most of the ponies in Limbo probably remember when they were on opposite sides, but now they work together.”

“We’ve been part of Equestrian society for as long as there’s been an Equestria,” Midnight said. “We’re not monsters.”

“You are monsters,” Emma said. She relented after a moment and sighed. “But I’m willing to help, because I’m not a monster and you’ve got hundreds or thousands of normal ponies onboard your ship who are just as trapped as you are. I can’t abandon them.”

“It’s also a very advanced ship,” Destiny pointed out. “The resources and technology onboard it could revive Equestria!”

“You mean SIVA,” I specified. “Even after we just saw how bad it can go.”

“Yes, we saw how badly unprogrammed, uncontrolled SIVA can fail,” Destiny admitted. “But the Exodus Black has a clean installation! I assume. They wouldn’t actually let me see it. I don’t know what they’re so worried about. SIVA is safe!”

“A megaspell is safe too, if you leave it in a box and never touch it,” Midnight said. “Mom and I agree that it’s better to find a more reliable solution with magic than to trust in untested technology.”

“You’re relying on technology to fly you out of this storm,” Destiny reminded her.

“No, I’m relying on Miss Emerald Gleam,” Midnight corrected, tossing a wink forwards to the cockpit.

“Spare me,” Emma groaned.


“Do we really have to fly the last mile?” Midnight groaned, flapping harder to keep after us as we ascended. “I’ll admit it if I have to! Bat ponies aren’t as good at high-altitude flight as pegasus ponies!”

“The VertiBuck is even worse,” Emma said, her voice weak and strained, sounding distant in the empty sky, like the thin air was opening a void between us. “It would stall out trying to get this far up!”

I’m going to stall out,” I grunted. The flight was even more exhausting than the last time I’d done this. I’d put on a little weight since then, mostly in heavy metals. If the armor wasn’t supplying me with extra oxygen I’d have passed out already and taken a long trip down.

“We should have been there already,” Destiny said. “This is what I hate about pegasus cities. They don’t stay still on the map.”

“Unicorn cities are much easier to find,” Emma countered. “Just look for the radioactive craters.”

“Too soon,” Destiny said.

“It’s been two hundred years!” Emma retorted.

“Don’t worry, little spook,” Midnight said. “Eventually it’s going to seem really funny! When you’re immortal, you end up looking back at wars and disasters and laughing about them!”

“I’m not sure millions of deaths is ever going to be funny,” I groaned.

“That’s what they said about the black death,” Midnight scoffed. “Now please tell me that’s where we’re going.”

She pointed ahead to where the haze of the upper atmosphere thickened into what was just barely a cloud, just barely enough to stand on among the frigid winds at the top of the world. The grand structures of the Greywings clung to it, the thinnest mist pressed into a solid shape and held together with magic and hope.

We landed, gently, the edges of the cloud indistinct and trailing off into a spray of ice crystals like the tail of a comet. Frost was caked on my armor already. I shook myself off, breaking away some of the rime.

“Oh my,” a pony croaked. A robed pony stood up, pulling back the hood of their robes, the color faded into a neutral nothing that could have been mistaken as almost any shade of the rainbow. “Is that you, Chamomile?”

“Hey!” I waved. “It’s been a while, huh, Tiplo?” I trotted over to the stallion. Carefully. I felt like any step might send me through the ground. I was painfully aware of how heavy I was. “Emma, Midi, this is Tiplo. He’s one of the Greywings.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you,” Tiplo said, bowing slightly. “At my age, one does not expect to meet so many beautiful mares in one day.”

“I like him,” Midi said. “He knows how to flatter a pony.”

“We weren’t expecting you,” Tiplo said. “But that only makes your visit a welcome surprise! Please, come inside.”

He waved for us to follow him, and we trotted into the slope-sided building that seemed to be made entirely out of buttresses and baffles to muffle the constant low roar of wind. Inside, once we got past the entryway, the temperature rose from a deadly chill to something more comfortable.

“What’s all this noise?” Another robed pony rose up from his place near the crystal hearth at the center of the hall. “Visitors?”

“This is, uh…” I hesitated, trying to remember. “Obobobo.”

“Oblaka!” he snapped. “Should have had them hit you with lightning the first time you came here…”

“Where are Vetrena and Groza?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, you remember their names just fine,” Oblaka muttered, huffing and sitting down heavily, turning his back to me.

“Vetrena hasn’t been feeling well, and Groza is tending to her,” Tiplo apologized. “Age catches up to us rather quickly, I’m afraid. She might not be with us for much longer.”

“I’m sorry,” I said quietly.

“Living a long, peaceful life is nothing to be sorry about,” Tiplo said. “We should all be happy if we can do the same.”

“Sounds dull,” Midi sighed. “We’re here on business, so can we get around to it before the rest of them die of old age?”

“What’s wrong?” Emma asked. “Feeling your age, Midnight?”

“I’ll feel your age!” Midi countered.

“I’m sorry about all this,” Destiny said. She detached from my head, my ears popping when the pressure equalized. “We came to ask a favor. We need a message from Kulaas decoded.”

“And we are the experts,” Tiplo nodded.

Destiny pulled the holotape out of the armor’s vector traps and floated it over. Oblaka grabbed it out of midair.

“I’ll take this,” he said sharply. “I don’t want you amateurs damaging the data!”

“He is the best,” Tiplo whispered back to us, as Oblaka stalked off with the tape. “Let’s go have a look, hm?”

We followed him deeper in until we reached the room full of equipment they used to decode transmissions. Oblaka was carefully adjusting a tape drive, using a tool to check the wiring before plugging it into the mass of the terminal and its equipment, then examining the holotape and using a cloth to wipe the edge before sliding it into place.

“Let’s see…” he mumbled. He looked up at the terminal screen, and it showed distorted fuzz. Grumbling, Oblaka ejected the tape, then carefully slid it back in again. The static shifted, but it was still just a blur.

“Let me try,” Tiplo said, taking the tape out and blowing into the slot before inserting it.

“Don’t do that!” Oblaka snapped. “If you get your spit on the contacts, it’ll corrode the copper--”

“I think I see something,” Destiny interrupted. “Look!”

On the screen was a blurry picture of… something. A complex, shifting graph and spinning shapes.

“I was worried about this,” Oblaka sighed.

“I think the terminal screen is out of focus,” I said, trying to help.

“No, it’s in focus. The problem is the transmission you have.” He sat down and folded his forehooves. “The data is holographic. You know what that means?”

“Karma said his memories were like that,” I recalled. “It means as long as you have part of the information you can extrapolate the rest, or something like that.”

“Something like that,” he agreed. “But the less of the original data you have, the fuzzier the image becomes. I can clean it up a little with error checking and sharpening, but with how degraded this is, I might as well be making everything up. Nothing of the original message would remain aside from the broadest strokes.”

“Damn, there has to be a way,” Midi mumbled, pacing in the crowded room.

“Is there any way we can talk to Kulaas directly?” Destiny asked. “You receive transmissions from her. We should be able to send something back.”

“It’s impossible,” Oblaka dismissed with a wave of his hoof.

“Even Kulaas can only transmit at certain times,” Tiplo explained. “It uses what remains of the global satellite communications network, but centuries with no maintenance…”

“And no way to refuel positioning thrusters,” Destiny sighed.

“Yes, many of them have ended up coming right back down.” Tiplo looked up, like he could see all the way up to space. “They were put in geostationary orbit, so they were fixed points in the sky, but they’ve drifted, and continue to drift as time passes. Kulaas can calculate the chaotic orbits, and route transmissions to us, but sending anything back?”

He shook his head.

“Right,” Destiny said. “So it’s a dead end?”

“We can’t recover the lost data,” Oblaka said. “You’d need a maneframe with much more power. That might not even be enough. To recover it completely, you would need to be able to think like Kulaas. There are segments in the data that require interpretation. Think of it like missing parts of a painting -- if you don’t have the original artist, or somepony who can think just like they do, you can’t guess at what’s left out.”

“You’d be making it up out of whole cloth, like you said before,” I nodded, understanding.

Midi stopped pacing. “Could we go see Kulaas in person? Or… whatever. Face to face, metaphorically.”

“Nopony knows where it is now. That information was destroyed intentionally.” Tiplo rubbed his chin. “We know Kulaas still exists and it isn’t merely delayed or timed messages. There are certain images and phrases it uses. Current satellite data. Names. Things that are impossible to guess or construct.”

“We know where part of Kulaas is,” I said, looking at Destiny.

“Hm?” she tilted in the air, then quickly nodded. “Right! I almost forgot!”

“You… know where Kulaas is?” Tiplo said slowly.

“Just part,” Destiny said. “A remote node that was disconnected during the war. She’s in Winterhoof, and doesn’t have access to many resources… but Alpha is still part of Kulaas, and might think enough like Kulaas to repair the transmission!”

“If you knew where it was, we should have gone there first!” Midi groaned. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m immortal, I don’t care if we waste a little time looking at Equestria’s biggest ball of yarn on our little roadtrip. I just don’t like total dead ends.”

“Checking with the world’s foremost experts at this exact, very specific, subject was the smart thing to do,” Emma countered.

“It’s also polite to visit your elders once in a while,” Tiplo agreed.

Midi snorted. “You’re not my elders. I’m twenty times older than you are!”

“Then don’t act like a child,” Emma said.

“Don’t fight in here!” Oblaka snapped. “This equipment is delicate! Take it outside!”

“Hm. Yes. Outside.” Tiplo mumbled. “So this Alpha… tell me more about her. Perhaps these old bones of mine would be up for a trip!”

PreviousChapters Next