• Published 21st Jan 2021
  • 262 Views, 7 Comments

Something Something I Love You - Smakleapp



A story about the events leading up to Hearts and Hooves Day. Told by our favorite asshole.

  • ...
 7
 262

Eggs Bacon Grits SAUSAGE

Maude and Twilight sat across each other on a booth, both sipping their small cups of coffee. They began to feel more comfortable with each other now, with the awkwardness becoming a comforting silence.

Both ordered western omelets, with extra red peppers. Both also ordered coffee with six creams and six sugars. They were more alike than any of them realized. Kinda hilarious if you think about it.

“So um, Maude, I heard that you go to school?” Maude finished her long sip of coffee, placed it on the table, and blankly stared at Twilight.

“Yes. I go to Canterlot University for a Geology diploma.”

“Mmmm! Sounds interesting Maude!” Twilight said with too much enthusiasm.

“It is.” Sip. “Surprising how similar rocks are to ponies, you know?” That sounded like some enthusiasm was put into it. There wasn’t.

Twilight gave a look of confusion. “No, I guess I never made the connection.” She didn’t need to ask Maude to clarify.

“Rocks are almost stationary, and the only time they move forward is when they get eroded.” She continued in her droning voice, which seemed a lot less droning to Twilight. “Sedimentary is made up of tiny broken pieces of rock. Crazy huh?” She sounded very shocked and exaggerated. “If you think about it, we could connect with the fact of only moving when changing, and becoming something new through your broken pieces.”

“...huh,” said Twilight dumbly. It made more sense as she thought about it, and she giggled to herself.

“What’s funny Twilight?”

“Oh, nothing.” She took a sip of her coffee. “I didn’t expect for that to make sense. So, what job are you trying to get into.”

“That’s a sore spot.”

“Oh? I dont want to intrude.”

“It’s fine.” I can't believe this was monotone. “My family wants me to work the rock farm, like my other sisters. Instead, I want to travel north.”

Twilight looked quizically at Maude. “Like, to the Crystal Empire?”

Maude nodded. “Crystals fascinate me almost as much as rocks, and I’m sure Boulder would love to see his relatives.” Boulder was positively brimming with excitement. “They have an excursion team signing up for next year. You need a diploma, like the one I’m getting this year. I hope I can get on that team by then.” She took her final sip of coffee, then continued. “My parents don’t want that at all. Too dangerous, even for rocks. Pinkie wants me to come to Ponyville, live down here, become her assistant, settle down with a stallion so she could be an aunt.”

Twilight giggled, and Maude reciprocated with a grunt. A friendly one, I promise. “You object to that because it would keep you grounded?

Maude shook her head, which caused Twilight to feel a little anger over her joke getting ignored. “Well, partially that, and also cause I’m gay.”

Twilight did a spit take, and coffee overflowed her dinner plater. Another grunt, followed by the sound of wheezing. “Hack! Sorry, that just came out of nowhere!”

Maude stared blankly at her, still making that wheezing sound. “Out and proud. Yay.” Twilight snorted at that extra cheer at the end.

The waitress finally brought over the eggs, which were humongous and filled with cholesterol. I could eat that cause I’m immortal. Diabetes is the least of my problems. Not so sure about our ponies though. They’re going to get fat, like...uh...I can’t think of anything witty.

The two now ate in silence, reveling in the eggs extra seasoning. See, I usually like eating ponies instead of those eggs, but hey, whatever floats your boat. And I’m joking by the way. I haven’t done that in, like, two millennia.

“So Twilight,” Maude said with much enthusiasm, “how is a princess going?”

“Hmmf mfff pfftt ptooie hmyydis!” Twilight said while possessing a large amount of egg and toast in her mouth. She swallowed to repeat. Woah. That sounded like I was taking this story somewhere else…

“It’s not all that it’s cracked up to be, honestly. The only new thing is that everypony now kinda greets me in a more royal matter. That, and I get called down to the castle more. Not too much of a difference since I got called down there quite a bit before, but you know....” She giggled nervously.

“Hopefully your still happy thought.”

“Yeah, it’s almost the same as before, so I’m pretty happy, yeah!”

When they got out of the restaurant, instead of going separate ways, they went back to the library together.

Yeah, bet that made you excited! They became friends and boom. Socialization. However, the others didn’t go that well...