• Published 21st Jan 2021
  • 258 Views, 7 Comments

Something Something I Love You - Smakleapp



A story about the events leading up to Hearts and Hooves Day. Told by our favorite asshole.

  • ...
 7
 258

A Conversation That Honestly, Makes Me Angry

The sunset caused a golden glow to befall the town. Ponies of all kinds quickly said their goodbyes, preparing to retire for the evening. The day was finally ending, as night would take over, bringing dreams and fantasies to all.

See? I could write. Damn, look at me go! What is life? Look at me being philosophical! *Ahem*.

The state of the sky was Rainbow Dash’s favorite. She loved the way the sun glistened off her wings. The way the hot, dense air turned cool and refreshing. The way the stars seemed to be on one half of the sky, the other a radiating yellow. (Wooo! Look at me go!). Today was rather joyless, with Rainbow doing the mundane weather work. Sure, it was kinda fun, but overall, she wished for more excitement. And to get that, she decided to go to Fluttershy’s cabin. Don’t know the thought process there.

So here she comes, like a blue rat, knocking on the goddess’s door. Now, although it’s not really my story, let me just fill you in on something. I’ve had many friends over the millennials I’ve been alive. And by friends, I mean acquaintances. Ponies or creatures I didn’t want to entirely blast off into space. For the longest time, that’s how I expected life to be. So, when I met Fluttershy, well… Nobody. Touches. Fluttershy. Well, enough about me! Let’s get to the blue rat.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

She pounded on the door exceptionally hard. After the fourth knock, the door opened up slightly for a pink mane to come into view. “Oh, Rainbow!”

Rat smiled. “Hey, Flutters. Can I come in?” Then, she added very secretly, ”Is he here?”

Fluttershy smiled sheepishly. “No, he isn't. You can come in.” Absolute goddess. Better than the one we actually have.

Rainbow headed into the cottage, a big smile on her face. Kinda annoying, but ok. What did the cottage look like? Most likely pure heaven. She has a couch, a table, some paintings...I don't know, it looks like a cottage.

Rainbow sat down on the couch, smiling up at her friend. She obviously needed to let off some steam. Fluttershy retreated into the kitchen to get a cup of tea for herself, and a glass of OJ for the marechild. She nodded as the glass was handed to her.

Fluttershy took a seat across from Rainbow, and the two just smiled at each other. Let themselves bask in their warmth.

“So,” Fluttershy said finally, “what do you want to talk about?”

Rainbow grinned. “I’m glad you asked Flutters-”

Not her name.

“So you know how Hearts and Hooves Day is coming soon?”

“Yup, I sure do! A lot of the animals are gearing up to celebrate their loved ones. Truly a great holiday, don’t you think?” Fluttershy smiled as she sipped her tea. Angels. Beautiful angels.

Dash looked away. “Yeah...I guess. Well, I’m not asking for any of that!”

“Right.”

“You know, I’m here for somepony else!”

“But of course.”

“Some other schmuck in love!”

“Understood.” Fluttershy gave a little smirk, causing Rainbow to utterly melt.

“Ok, as long as we cleared that up,” Rainbow nodded. “The problem is that I don't have a crush., and being the first Hearts and Hooves Day Twilights an alicorn…”

“Rainbow, that doesn’t mean anything. You don’t need to feel pressured to find a date just because something big happened! That’s not how love works!” Fluttershy squeed in delight as she took another sip of her tea.

Dash twiddled her hooves. “Yeah, but what if I’m...uh…”

Fluttershy traded her gleeful look for one of concern. “Alone?”

“AH!-” Rainbow sputtered back. “Now I-I never s-said that! My awesomeness is enough company!”

“Mmmhmm…”

“But, if there was a feeling close to that, I guess that’s what I would be feeling right now.”

Fluttershy smiled lightly, placing her tea down. “Rainbow, I think it’s great if you have a natural crush!”

Dash blushed intensely. Like real intense. Trust me when I say it. I had my fair share of walk-ins in my day and age. Ruby-red.

“Wait, really? I shouldn’t ignore it?”

“Oh heavens no! If it truly is natural, why, go for it! Take it slow, and as long as nothing is forced,” a hoof landed on Rainbow’s shoulder, “it should be fine!”

“Really?”

A yellow body enveloped herself around Rainbow, causing her to be silent. There were so many questions Rainbow wanted to ask, but the beauty of Fluttershy is that a simple hug told a thousand words. It said, “It’ll be okay.” *Sniff*. It’s just so beautiful!

Ahem.

The two eventually said their goodbyes, exchanging hugs and I love yous. Making me very jealous. Now, after watching a lot of Daytime Crystv, I want to try something.

LITTLE DOES RAINBOW KNOW THAT THINGS WILL GET MUCH MORE COMPLICATED. WILL SPIKE GET A LIFE? WILL TWILIGHT BE LONELY AGAIN FOR THE 10TH YEAR IN A ROW? WILL RARITY NOT BE SUCH A BITCH? WILL I DRAG OUT APPLEJACKS LOVE INTEREST? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF I don't know what I'm calling it. Eh, who cares.