• Published 15th Dec 2020
  • 3,853 Views, 100 Comments

The Cutie Re-Mark: The Ultimate Enemy - LoganRyder



During Twilight's conflict with Starlight, she ends up facing an new enemy, one she and her friends have wronged....

  • ...
12
 100
 3,853

Chapter 6

As Dark Spike charged at his younger self, Spike teleported from the blast. Dark Spike broke through the house looking for his young self.

https://m.

(Dark Spike Theme)

"Maybe if you bothered to remember more about your friends or family, you'd remember the times we spent together!" Spike said as he teleported behind his dark self.

He then flew up and pulsated a light green aura in his hand and touched Dark Spike's back, shocking him and causing him to shout in pain as an light green shock engulfed him.

"Or how much the magic of friendship meant!" Spike said as he then punched his dark self to the ground, who fell into Sugarcube Corner.

As Spike walked away, his dark self emerged enraged with sweets all over him. With a quick shake of himself, he grabbed his younger self and threw him on the ground

Dark Spike glared at Spike and said

"Your time is up Spike."

While creating 3 more clones of himself, him and the clones continued

"It's been up for 10 years!"

The evil future dragon teen and his created clones began to beat down his young self mercilessly. First with a haymaker, then with an savage kick to Spike's chest and finishing with an dark green blast of magic from his arm.

Spike was severely beaten and fell to the ground with bruises on his body as Dark Spike asked while dissipating his clones.

"What makes you think you can change my past? Let alone theirs?"

Spike struggled to get up as he glared at his older self "Because I promised my friends."

This statement only amused Dark Spike, who only laughed in mockery at his young self for showing compassion. This deepens the glare Spike gave him while the ponies only glared at him as well.

"HA HA HA! Oh you are such a child! You have to put up with their abuse and idiocy and that's all you have to say? You PROMISED?" Dark Spike asked with scorn and distaste.

Spike, now fueled with more determination, furiously sweated as he snapped in fury and said

"Yes, I PROMISSSSSSEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!!"

The young dragon let out the same wail of green fire rings at Dark Spike, who was shocked at this power being revealed as he was knocked to the ground.

"That power and magic, it's impossible! I don't get it until 10 years from now!"

Spike only glared at his older self and responded

"Well I guess, the future isn't as predicted as you think it is!"

With another power-up, Spike roared out another fiery wail that knocked his dark self into a building which crumbled all over him. Spike then fell on his knees exhausted from the amounts of magic he used to stop his evil self.

As he was recovering, a hand emerged from the rubble and Dark Spike emerged. He was battered and bruised as he had cuts and bruises all over his chest and his sharp head spikes were now gone. He glared at Spike as he said in dismay

"Well, that's it isn't it?"

Spike angrily responded "Time's up!"

He pulled the tube from his belt Starswirl gave him, aimed it at Dark Spike, opened the lid and it began to suck in the dark dragon, who began to struggle and said

"It doesn't matter if I escape! And your already too late to save them!!!"

Dark Spike screamed out a final "NOOOOOOOOOO!" as he was sucked in and was trapped inside. Spike closed the lid and saw the girls in danger, with the sphere about to explode any second.

"Oh no." Spike said as he rushed and flew to save Twilight and the others.

As he ran, Spike tries to fly, but his power was down and needed to recharge "I can't use my power!"

Spike tripped as he yelled "NOOOOO!"

The sphere exploded and the young dragon looked in grief and horror before being knocked back from the blast.

Everything in the area froze until a portal next to Spike opened and a cloaked pony appeared out of it. The pony uses magic on Spike, who was still frozen, now to make him move and unfreeze.

"Huh? What?" Spike said

The young dragon looked at the cloaked pony and said "Starswirl?"

The old unicorn stallion revealed himself to be the future Starswirl, who pointed behind Spike, who looked and saw his friends protected by a magical forcefield, with the ponies each frozen, floating.

"I...I don't understand." Spike said in confusion

"Time is like watching a parade, one event to another passing by in sequence and all the twists and turns that might...or might not take." Future Starswirl said, who then winked at the young dragon

"Wait, you knew this was gonna happen. All of it. Even this part." Spike said in realization

"Everything is the way it's supposed to be and here we are. An young dragon going through so much suffering to save those you care for."

Spike smiled happily and handed over the tube his older self was trapped in to Starswirl, who put it in his bag.

Starswirl then lit his horn and the area and said "You've given them a second chance, why not you?"

Starswirl, with a smile disappeared as Spike smiled back and saw his friends were free and heading to him.

"Spike!" The girls and Starlight said as they hugged him

"Are you guys ok?" Spike asked them

"We're fine, are you ok?" Starlight asked

"A little bruised, but I'm fine." Spike said

"That was awesome! The way you fought the evil you, saved us and whipped his flank!" Rainbow Dash said in excitement

"Yeah about that.... the things he said" Spike said

"Indeed my dear student, what did he mean when he said those things Twilight?" Princess Celestia asked

"And why did he say you and the girls caused his transformation by the abuse, insults and negligence?" Shining also asked

This surprised the girls as they began to sweat bullets from the looks the Princesses and Shining Armor gave them, while Spike looked with worry.