• Published 25th Oct 2020
  • 18,922 Views, 2,440 Comments

A Witch in Broad Daylight - Epsilon-Delta



Rainbow Dash sets out to defeat the legendary witch Twilight Sparkle and collect the five hundred million bit bounty on her head. The one thing she wasn't counting on was Twilight being less evil than she expected.

  • ...
26
 2,440
 18,922

PreviousChapters Next
Witches (2024)

With an immense pillar of white light, Starlight pushed Demon Summoner down into the shrinking vortex below. She pressed the emerging figure of his god deeper, further out of sight.

As demon Summoner’s claws desperately tried to grab onto the ground, Flash Bang and the rest scattered. All the other demons were gone, and the portal was about to close. This might be Fluttershy’s only attempt to escape.

She ran to the edge of the ship and looked down, intending to jump.

“Gravity doesn’t work on me!” Sonata flew after her. “Oh, why did I come here?! What was I thinking?!”

Sonata looked around in a panic for something to possess. There wasn’t much left. The Phoenix King had been heavily damaged. It was going down, gliding into a crash landing.

Fluttershy could just jump, but it was her fault the now lucid Sonata was here.

“I’ll find something!” Fluttershy instead ran into a hole in the deck of the ship. The two of them frantically searched before finding the bare minimum – a discarded helmet.

Sonata flew inside, Fluttershy grabbed it up as the sky lit in a violet light and Starlight’s voice boomed out across the area.

Back on deck! Back to the ledge.

Too late. Starlight teleported in front of them, standing on air.

Any hope Starlight might have been the least bit grateful for Fluttershy’s help dissolved against that little smile. Fluttershy had to pay the price of leaving the armor, of being seen. Starlight knew who she was.

“Don’t think you’ll be getting away that easily.”

Starlight created a spear of light, one that rumbled and vibrated with such violence the whole ship shook. Standing in its presence was like standing before death itself, making Fluttershy shudder to her core. Had she always been able to do this?!

No way Fluttershy could block that. She wouldn’t be fast enough to dodge. She could only hope her armor would be sufficient! She clutched Sonata, inside the helmet, as tightly as possible and took the hit.

Starlight’s attack was beyond pale. Her invincible armor might as well not have existed compared to it. She felt her body burning, unraveling as her very existence was seared into nothing.

She could hardly think of anything but then… a reprieve.

The all-consuming attack merely became a knock-out blow, then just a little less than that.

As Fluttershy regained her bearings, she began to realize what happened. The spear threw her straight into ZoD’s massive form. And it was enough to launch even that given how far through the air they were sailing.

And the majority of the force had been absorbed by ZoD. It was his being that dissolved now, rather than Fluttershy’s. And it burned away rapidly.

In just a minute, he had shrunk to maybe the size of a house, then to the size of a normal pony. His forelegs wrapped around Fluttershy and held the tip of the spear. Only now did she realize he’d been holding it back just an inch away from her so there was no contact.

The back half of ZoD’s body burned away, then at last he gained control and sent the spear hurtling into the sky.

The three of them fell for a long time after that, carried by momentum before finally crashing through the wall of a warehouse. Boxes exploded and Fluttershy found herself buried in piles of fluff and damaged plushies.

They were in a town… no, that was unimportant right now.

Fluttershy and Sonata flew out of their respective bodies to look themselves over. They were both unraveled by the attack, Fluttershy worse with her entire right leg, much of her torso, and the right side of her face gone. Sonata was only missing chunks of her legs.

But ZoD had landed here too.

The pile of plushies that had buried the god incinerated in an instant and ZoD stood. His posture was that of a whole pony, but only his left foreleg and the left half of his face remained. And those were unraveling, just like a ghost who crossed the threshold of no return.

Fluttershy had seen this once before. It was as though he were made of threads that rapidly unwound themselves, eating away at his body. And if he was like a ghost, there’d be nothing left soon. Fluttershy and Sonata would recover their lost parts but for him, it was too late.

It seemed odd. Why was he made out of the same stuff as ghosts?

“ZoD!” Fluttershy flew over to him. “Are you going to –?”

“This is but an avatar of my true self,” he said. “But it will perish from this world.”

Starlight had done that with a single attack, too. Fluttershy tried to reassure herself ZoD must have used much of his energy to close that portal, he may have even done most of the work! But she wasn’t even sure if that was true.

“ZoD I’m–”

“You broke your pact.” His remaining eye fell squarely on Fluttershy as Sonata started drifting off hoping nopony would see her. “And what’s more, you repeatedly mispronounced my name. I hate that. Do you know what’s going to happen?”

With her ears pinned back, Fluttershy slowly shook her head. She didn’t.

“Well, breaking your vow isn’t a good thing to do. And as the ultimate incarnation of evil, I can’t let you out-evil me,” said ZoD. “If you aren’t going to keep your word then obviously, I’m not going to either.”

“But you’re going to…” Fluttershy bit her lip and looked down at his rapidly dissolving leg.

“Yeah, well. I could have let you die, but I figured it’d be eviler if I took the hit myself since… you know.” He twirled his now disembodied hoof in the air. His mouth was completely gone but he could still speak. “I could probably do more to stop Starlight than you and stuff. So.”

“I get it now.” Fluttershy nodded and smiled. “But I probably shouldn’t thank you. Since it was so evil and all.”

“Now you’re getting it.” He pointed his hoof at her just before it disappeared entirely. ZoD was now only a floating eye. “Oh, but one more thing. You might meet my brother soon. He’s the ultimate incarnation of goodness. So. You know.”

His eye glanced about for a moment before locking in on Fluttershy again.

“Be careful.”

That just left…

“Sonata?”

Fluttershy could feel her but not see her. She’d already run away it seemed. But not for long, Sonata came rushing back inside.

“I tried running away but it didn’t work!” Sonata flew up to Fluttershy in a panic. “We’re in the middle of a town and it’s almost daylight.”

Fluttershy did need to get back to Rainbow Dash, but she had a responsibility to Sonata now, too.

“Is there somewhere you want to go?” Fluttershy asked. “To Aria maybe? I’ll help you get there.”

“Aria?!” Sonata’s eyes widened, like remembering her for the first time in years. “I miss Aria so much!”

Sonata grabbed Fluttershy tight and cried just a little into her chest.

“I miss you so much!”

“Um.” Fluttershy gave her a small pat on the head. “You know I’m not her, right?”

“I’ll find Aria! And then we’ll run away to… to…” Sonata looked down at the ground. She let go of Fluttershy and then flew off clutching her head. “Oh no! There’s nowhere to run anymore! We only have a couple of weeks left! Oh, damn it all to the shadow realm! I get free and then die immediately afterward!”

“We might be able to–” Fluttershy began.

“I know what you’re going to say,” Sonata cut her off. “If I only got a few days to live I gotta make the most of it, right? I find Aria, then we have the most epic party ever! We’ll party like there’s no tomorrow because there isn’t!”

Sonata pointed to Fluttershy with a big smile, but a trembling hoof and labored breath.

“I won’t stop you from partying,” said Fluttershy. “But I was going to say that maybe we could do something. Or at least I’m going to.”

“Something?! You really think you can do something?!” Sonata flew closer, her eye twitching. “No offense but look at you! You don’t stand a gremlin’s chance! You couldn’t even get past that battle doll she uses! You couldn’t even break through her chains!”

“But I already did both of those things?”

Sonata blinked, looked over at the armor, then down at her chain-free form, and then back to Fluttershy, blushing with embarrassment. She must have still been out of it to some extent.

“Holy crow, you’re right!” Sonata bit her lip and looked around the torn-up plushies. “What am I supposed to do? I want to hide and cry until it’s all over but what if you’re onto it with this ‘something’ business?”

“I’d appreciate your help,” said Fluttershy. “But you don’t have to. You’ve been forced to do enough already and I can’t say you’re wrong. If you run away crying, I’ll understand.”

“You will?” Sonata got just a little teary-eyed over it. She nodded, resolved to do just that. “A-alright! I’m going to run away then. Goodbye.”

Fluttershy nodded, then started digging the armor out from the pile of fluff.

“I’m leaving!” Sonata waved as she flew out of the building.

It was a little disappointing that Sonata wouldn’t help, but Fluttershy supposed she was too traumatized to fight. Either way, she could focus on Rainbow Dash now. Even if Dash had to be far away. She had to believe Dash could fend for herself for a few hours.

Back in the armor, Fluttershy marched up to the door. Sonata came rushing back and floated before Fluttershy.

“Wait! You were really going to let me run away?” Sonata asked.

“Yes?” Fluttershy tilted her head. “Did you want me to stop you?”

“No! Maybe.” Sonata tapped her forehooves together. “Nopony ever… not even when I was a filly was I allowed to just… do what I wanted.”

Fluttershy watched Sonata for a short time, unsure what the banshee wanted anymore.

“Do you want to come with me?” Fluttershy asked. “You know where I’m going.”

“I do know things,” Sonata admitted. “But! If I help you, I’m going to stay at the farthest point in the rear! And if we start losing I’m immediately abandoning you! I’m also leaving if a super-cool doomsday party just happens to be nearby.”

“Thank you.” Fluttershy nodded.


Starlight looked down at her hoof, then in the direction she sent the zebra god flying. The surge of power was incredible. But not enough, never enough.

ZoD and Demon Summoner were both off her list of threats. She could be fairly certain Fluttershy survived but there was little a lone specter could do at this point.

Rainbow Dash and Trixie got away somewhere… likely together. Dash was weak and needed to hide behind others, she wouldn’t have left without Trixie’s protection.

Starlight had hoped Dash could be used as a bargaining chip against Twilight Sparkle, but it seemed like the latter was out of the picture now.

And Flash retreated for now, but she would certainly be back.

The next threat would appear any moment now.

Void Walker appeared behind Starlight, his form solidifying as he walked forward.

“I’ve completed my mission,” said Void with a slight bow of his head. “What is next?”

If she was right about who was next, he wouldn’t be needed here.

“Rainbow Dash and Trixie,” said Starlight. “They went south. Kill them both. I can deal with this threat myself.”

Void Walker phased out of sight.

Starlight watched the horizon. The ship would be landing behind her allies. A lingering pool of magic, ZoD’s magic, drew her concern. He hadn’t simply left. The question was which of the two enemies would reveal themselves first?

The pool of magic activated as Starlight’s next opponent landed on deck.

Despite the mask she wore, Starlight recognized Zecora. How could anypony forget Zecora with how many times she’d been mentioned up until now?

ZoD’s magic burst into action, the zebra taking full advantage of it. Alicorn chains! The magic used by the gods to seal things away.

They wrapped around Zecora’s entire body, trapping her in a standing position with just one foreleg free. But that free foreleg was mirrored and reversed on Starlight, whose leg became bound. A single chain connected them and Starlight could feel most of her resent gains erased, restrained by ZoD’s fading magic.

Starlight looked down at the chain, then over to Zecora. Even with ZoD’s lingering help, it was taking all of the zebra’s strength just to hold her. She had to bind herself to keep Starlight pinned. She wouldn’t be able to do more than buy time, maybe a slight opportunity for another enemy.

Even if Starlight did nothing, this magic would soon fade. But soon could be a long time.

“Starlight!” Lilymoon flew down, ready to make a move.

“Save your strength,” said Starlight. “She’s just stalling. Get Nightglider. Make sure the ship lands properly.”

Lilymoon nodded, leaving just Zecora and Starlight, the former becoming increasingly unnerved at her lack of concern.

“You don’t even have a plan to kill me but came here anyway? Really?”

“I know you have many enemies. Though I know them not, I will do whatever I can to aid them.”

“Please. If every other pony pulled on this chain together, they wouldn’t be able to make me budge,” said Starlight. “But with one pull I!”

Making good on her threat, Starlight pulled a surprised Zecora off her hooves and off into the sky, the two of them falling towards the now-safe ground. This delay wouldn’t last her nearly as long as she would have thought.

But she was right that Starlight had many, many enemies to overcome. And that she would.

Once those that doubted her the most to believe they could stand any chance were crushed… there would be nothing left.


Dash breathed heavily, still amazed she’d managed to pull that off. Flash wasn’t coming back a second time.

Fire surrounded them, but the fighting had cleared out enough trees that they had a ring of relative safety. So much smoke hung over the area that it was hard to breathe, however. A gap in the fire stood straight ahead, where Flash had been thrown with enough force to snuff out the flames like a candle.

When it all sank in, Dash collapsed onto Derpy, grabbing her in a hug.

“Derpy! You did it! Pretending to be knocked out this whole time was brilliant.”

“Heh!” Derpy limply swung back and forth as Dash shook her. “Yeah. Though I’ll be honest, I did blackout for a few minutes.”

“You’re giving her all the credit?” Lightning Dust chuckled at them before flying down. “I was the one who–”

Her eyes winced in pain as she landed, choking on those words. Dash could see why.

The leg she’d used for that punch had shattered. The fur had burned off from it, and her hoof cracked in two. Blood and bruises covered the entire length of her exposed skin. She must have punched so hard that she broke her leg!

Dash shuttered to think what must have happened to Flash Bang.

After something like that, Dash’s main concern was more with the remaining elite soldiers who stayed loyal to Flash Bang. A lot of ponies had seen that fight…

And Dash’s concerns about where Flash’s second in command had gone were soon realized. He came back with reinforcements – ten more heavily armed pegasi. When was this going to end? Dash just wanted to go to sleep!

The captain looked stern at first, ready for action, but also looking for where Flash could have gotten to. With a smirk, Dust gestured to the gap in the flames. And his confidence slowly dissolved as he began to realize what that meant.

Not one to boost morale at the moment, he fell to his haunches, wide-eyed and shivering as he sat there, absolutely stunned that his invincible iron mare had gone down even in a five-on-one fight. The illusion was shattered for many of the ponies behind him, who simply stood there confused, waiting for their paralyzed leader to somehow spin this into something acceptable.

Finally, he dug his forehooves in and forced himself onto all fours.

“This isn’t– it’s not over!” He breathed heavily, too much panic in his voice to reassure any of the ponies behind him. He turned back, desperate for them to give him support. “We outnumber them five to one and all of them are injured! We can– we can still!”

“No! You can’t.” Lightning Dust walked forward on her shattered leg even to give the impression she was less hurt than she was. “Let me make this clear. Flash Bang is gone. Are any of you going to step up to die for whatever’s left of her?”

None of them stepped forward.

Lightning Dust hobbled towards the lieutenant.

“Is it you?” She asked a random soldier who shook his head rapidly and backed away. She turned to another getting the same reaction.

“Equestria needs us to be strong!” He said it but still retreated a step.

“Strong? You? You were too pathetic to disobey your orders and help Flash Bang when it would have mattered,” said Lightning Dust. “And now it’s too late to fight me. Get out of my sight.”

He again turned to his backup, half of whom had already flown off or backed away from his side.

“Th-this isn’t over! I’m sure Flash is.” He looked toward the forest and flew off to find what was left of her.

“I’d better check. To be completely one hundred percent,” said Dust, then turned to the remaining pegasi. “Now would be a good time to run and a terrible time to try anything stupid.”

Dust flew off. The remaining few pegasi either flew off right then or after a few questions decided they’d rather side with Spitfire.

Either way, they had to get everypony out of there now. That one mare who ran away just before the final attack came back. That left them with four able-bodied pegasi to carry everypony off and out of the burning fire. The gorge, still flooded, just before the meeting spot was in sight now.

But after getting flown out, Dash at last allowed herself to pass out. As the other pegasi went into the forest to try and rescue anypony still caught up in the flame, Dash fell asleep next to Derpy.


Dash awoke with the sun directly overhead. That meant noon… so she was out for a good six hours.

The pain in her body was both worse and better. It had become more of a soreness, but one of such intensity she felt paralyzed. Meanwhile, her left wing which hadn’t hurt at all last night was suddenly in horrible pain.

“Why is it harder to move now?!” Dash tried getting off her back but couldn’t. “Guess I’m just stuck here.”

Derpy, who had been asleep next to her, stirred from her protests. That bang on her head had swollen up massively making it hard for her to open her right eye, but she was bandaged. Dash had also been bandaged now that she thought to look. Must have been out dead cold.

She helped Dash sit up and take a look at the situation.

The fire was out, the sun was up, the clouds were gone, and something like three hundred pegasi were here now. At least, Dash was pretty sure they were all pegasi.

“Where did…?” Dash struggled to finish the sentence.

“There was some more fighting after you passed out,” said Derpy. “The air brigades started fighting each other once they heard what happened. But then more of Starlight’s ponies came in so they all scattered. I guess these are the ponies who sided with us. Or at least Spitfire.”

“Where is Spitfire?” Dash tried to get up. Seeing she couldn’t do it on her own, Derpy leaned forward to put Dash’s barrel over her back.

“Fluttershy made it back, too! She’s been hiding across the river,” said Derpy.

Dash could guess why she wasn’t over here. Though Dash could already see Spitfire not far off, still coughing up tar from the inhaled smoke, she could feel trouble brewing in the opposite direction.

“I think we need to head over there first,” said Dash.

The last thing she wanted was another confrontation so soon after waking up. But it seemed like it would be some time before Dash got what she wanted.

Derpy flew her to where they had originally planned to meet up. As feared, Dust was there and had five hooligans for backup, laughing about something. Dust mimed a punch with her now heavily bandaged leg, bragging about this morning.

Dash could see the armor Fluttershy was using, limp. The ghosts had to be underground.

“What are you doing?” Dash asked as they approached.

“Making sure the spooks don’t kill anypony,” one of Dust’s… friends or whatever answered for her.

Before Dash could summon the strength to start lecturing them, Fluttershy came up from the ground. The ponies with Dust got ready to attack.

“Calm down, you ninnies!” Dash scolded them. “Why are you such wusses?”

That was enough for them to back off however slightly, watching carefully instead as Derpy carried Dash over.

“Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy flew out of her hiding spot. “I wanted to come to you right away, but I couldn’t because well.”

She looked over at Dust.

“Is everything alright?”

Fluttershy briefly filled Dash in while Dust became increasingly impatient behind them, putting up with complaints from the others.

“I guess we’re slightly safe for now,” Dash concluded. “I think. Give me a second.”

She turned back to Dust. Heavy bandages now wrapped around that leg she’d punch Flash with, and she wasn’t putting much pressure on it.

“What happened to Flash?” Dash asked. “You were going to… check on her?”

“Not dead.” Dust gave a little shrug. “But I left her somewhere between ‘never going to fight again’ and ‘never going to walk again’. She won’t be in charge of the half that didn’t join us.”

“Join… us?” Dash asked. She looked at Fluttershy once again, then more sternly at Dust. “I think we need to talk about that.”

“Listen, I learned how life works back when I got sent to Juve,” said Dust. “You beat up everypony who pisses you off and you’re a monster. You kill everypony who pisses off the head bitch in charge and you’re a hero. And I guess that’s you. You just tell me who to beat up and I’ll do it. And that’ll make me a ‘good guy’, right?”

“So I’m in charge?” Dash raised a brow.

Dust simply upturned a hoof.

“Not you?”

“Do you have any idea how much I suffer?” Dust asked. “All that boring political garbage they make me go through? I don’t have any plans. I don’t even have a retirement account let alone policies. About things. I just want to fight somepony. Give me somepony to fight.”

Dust stood ready like she expected Dash to sic her on somepony right now.

It still seemed too good to be true. Dash eyed her suspiciously before asking the next, obvious choice.

“Not Spitfire?” Dash asked.

“Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth!” Dust turned her head away very suddenly. Dash could guess the reason it wasn’t Spitfire now. “You should be grateful and say like ‘Oh, thanks for saving me from Flash!’ I did just beat one of the elite four, you know.”

She flicked her hoof at her face, a little ‘compliments please’ gesture.

“I helped,” said Derpy, earning a frown from Dust.

“Sure, the rest of you did a little,” Dust grumbled, then looked to Dash with genuine excitement. “So who’s next?”

Not Fluttershy,” Dash said first. “Not any ghost or… not anypony unless I specifically say otherwise.”

Lightning Dust was already rolling her eyes and Dash felt as though she’d just gained the loyalty of a swarm of angry bees. She had to be more careful than Flash was.

“Like I said, you’re in charge. For now,” said Dust. “That said, I don’t like ghosts. And I never will.”

“You could try talking to one.”

Dash held a hoof out to either of the ponies. Fluttershy seemed just as apprehensive as Dust but managed to not cringe at least.

“No.” Dust took off into the air, landing some distance away. Her orbiters quickly followed.

“Er, sorry Fluttershy,” Dash apologized. “There’s some stuff I gotta take care of. I’ll be back soon.”

Fluttershy nodded.

Back on Derpy’s back, they gave chase to Dust who had flown deep into the crowd of ponies.

So Dust wasn’t completely devoid of strategizing like she’d just claimed. She made sure to land near Spitfire so Dash was sure to get wrapped up in that instead.

Spitfire looked in pretty good shape. She had a huge jug of water she constantly drank to help get rid of the ash in her throat but could walk fine. The same couldn’t be said for Fleetfoot, covered head to hoof in bandages and out cold in a little tent.

“Rainbow Dash!” Spitfire coughed up some tar, leaving a multitude of other ponies to crowd around her.

A small army surrounded Dash.

“Did you beat Flash or was it just Lightning Dust?”

“Can you even fight? You’re at least like… as strong as Spitfire, right?”

“Are you a fraud or not? Was Silverstorm really Twilight Sparkle?”

“Do you have any kind of plan?”

“I want the truth! I want to hear it from you!”

“Listen!” Dash called out to everypony. “Yes. What Lightning Dust said was true. I was never able to fight. I’m… I was just tricking all of you into thinking that I could. Twilight did almost all of the work. And Silverstorm was Twilight.”

Some of them left immediately. Some looked suddenly more afraid. All of them murmured at least.

“But none of that matters!” Dash boldly announced before things could get even worse.

“How can that not matter?!” One pony stepped forward to challenge her right away. “We can’t do anything unless we have strong ponies! And if you’re just a fraud then what do we have?”

“We have strong ponies.” Dash pointed to her challenger. “We have you. We have Lightning Dust. We have Spitfire and – and look at all of you!”

She’d calmed the crowd for a moment.

“I can’t stand but… the fight with Flash Bang made me realize something.” Dash put a hoof on her heart. “I can… I can gather you all together. I can get all the strong and smart and every type of pony together. Maybe I have to lead from the back but I can lead all of you! If you let me, this is just the start. I’ll gather the biggest army you’ve ever seen! I did do my part to take down Flash and witches and all the rest. Will the rest of you do the same?”

Some of them looked ready, but not all.

“I can’t possibly fight Starlight!” One complained. “Or any of them! Not if you’re not even as strong as a witch!”

“Do you think I can beat her?!” Dash shot back. “I don’t know if I’ll even be able to walk straight when the final battle comes. I’m not asking any of you to do this on your own because I know I can’t either. Of all the ponies here, I’m the least able to do this on my own. But I am going to do my part and… I’m asking the rest of you to do the same.”

“I’m not afraid!” Dust stepped over to Rainbow Dash and lifted her hoof. “I’ll stand with Rainbow Dash! If she can stand strong then so can I!”

A small number of ponies mimicked her cheer, then a small minority, and soon the stragglers were peer-pressured into the same.

Dash had their attention. Again, for now.

She turned next to Spitfire.

“I’d like to pretend half of the ponies joined our side of this sub-civil war,” said Spitfire. “But only a minority defected. I’m doing what I can to get more but we don’t have the forces to do much. Not unless… unless you manage to pull something off.”

So Dash was in charge now. Even Spitfire implicitly accepted it.

She swallowed, then nodded.

Dash had to understand them. These ponies had sided with Flash originally. They weren’t the most hardcore followers, but they had followed. The fact that the majority of

those ponies stayed the course served to remind Dash that just defeating a few ponies wouldn’t change anything.

And she recalled the problem of what she’d do once the fighting was over.

“Alright,” said Dash. “I know where we’re going next.”

The others listened with attention.

“We’re going to bail Rarity out, defeat the remains of the Bloodstorm Cartel, and join our forces with her and Oaken Field,” said Dash.

Everypony, even Spitfire, was taken aback by that decision. There were some dissatisfied mutterings all around her.

“I’m not sure if that’s the most strategic…” Spitfire trailed off, not even feeling the need to fully elaborate.

“Yeah. Dust added. “You know who we are, right? We don’t exactly get along with… that sort. You don’t want to go looking for Twilight? She’d be more useful than all of them combined.”

Dash did. But not for the reasons Dust wanted.

“That’s exactly why we’re joining up with them,” said Dash. “If I can’t get you to fight alongside them then this is all for nothing. It doesn’t matter how many monsters I slay or ponies like Flash I knockdown. What matters is how many minds I can change.”

There were a lot of ponies watching Dash now, and she addressed all of them at once, not just Dust.

“I’m not going to let you hate anypony,” said Dash. “I’m going to make you see. And if I can change you… I can change the world.”

None of them were really on board with the plan. If they had been, Dash wouldn’t have any work ahead of her. But they didn’t resist. They were going to give her a shot.

“I dunno,” said Dust. “But finishing off the cartel should be interesting.”

This was it.

Dash was truly in the lead, at the furthest point in the front. All of this, everything she’d been through… it had bought her this one shot.

PreviousChapters Next