• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 11,041 Views, 202 Comments

A Place in Equestria - GoebelTron



Fluttershy finds a 5-year old boy who lived in an orphanage with no memory of his family and no friends.

  • ...
6
 202
 11,041

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2: Visiting Ponyville, Part 1

While Fluttershy trotted over to the bridge, she suddenly felt Thomas hiding underneath her mane, “Are you okay, Thomas?”

“Yeah, I don’t like meeting strangers who stare at me,” Thomas replied. “Aww, poor baby,” Fluttershy said. “Don’t worry. I’ll be right here. If it makes you feel safe from other ponies making you feel nervous, I’ll let you stay in there,” Fluttershy said, then she used her wings to cover his little feet. “Okay, first. We’re going to Carousel Boutique. I have a friend there and I’m sure she can make you some new clothes,” she said. “Okay,” Thomas said underneath her mane.

‘He’s such a precious little child, but I wonder what’s bothering him,’ she thought to herself, until she walked over the bridge and entered the town. When she entered Ponyville, some of the ponies waved at her, then she waved back with a smile. Suddenly, until she made it to the boutique, she heard a recognizable voice, “Hey, Fluttershy! How’s it going?” She turned around and saw two ponies behind her. One of them was a cyan pegasus with magenta eyes, rainbow colored mane and tail and her flank had a cutie mark of a thundercloud with a rainbow lightning bolt. The other pony was a pink earth pony with dark pink puffy mane and tail, light blue eyes, and her flank had a cutie mark of three balloons but two of them were blue and one of them was yellow.

“Oh! Rainbow Dash! Pinkie Pie! Umm... hello. H-How are you?” She asked, until she gave a warm smile to her friends. She giggled nervously until she felt Thomas shaking nervously in her mane. “We’re doing pretty good. We’re on our way to see what Twilight’s doing today,” Rainbow Dash said. “Yeah! We’re probably going to hang out!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, until Thomas covered his ears while he held onto Fluttershy’s neck with his elbows.

“Well, I’m on my way to visit Rarity today, probably for some social teatime, but I hope you two have fun,” Fluttershy said. “Thanks, Fluttershy,” Rainbow Dash said. “Well, we’re gonna head over to the castle now. We’ll see you later!” Fluttershy waved her hoof nervously, then she sighed in relief. “Okay, Thomas. Let’s go see if Rarity’s available for today,” she said, then she and Thomas went over to the boutique while the boy hid underneath her mane.


As they finally approached Carousel Boutique, Fluttershy made sure Thomas was completely hidden, then she nuzzled her head to Thomas’s head that was peeking out from her mane, then she gave him a kiss on the forehead. After Thomas his back underneath her mane, Fluttershy reached her left hoof up and knocked on the door 3 times. “Coming!” said a regal and elegant female voice. The door suddenly opened with a light blue aura surrounding the doorknob, revealing the gorgeous fashionista with a smile on her face. She was a white unicorn with purplish blue curly mane and tail, blue eyes and blue eyeshadow, and her flank had a cutie mark of three sapphire diamonds. “Oh, Fluttershy! Good morning, darling.” She said greeting Fluttershy, then she stepped to the side of her door. “Please do come in. I will make you some tea after I finish up the latest dresses for a couple of delegate mares from Manehattan.”

“Thank you, Rarity,” Fluttershy said, until she entered inside the boutique and sat down on the couch, then Rarity set up her tea set with her magic, “Darling, which tea would you like?”

“Do you have the usual breakfast blend?” Fluttershy said. Rarity looked through the tea bags and found the breakfast blend tea bags, “Now, just wait in there and I’ll get the kettle running.” Fluttershy nodded, and then Rarity filled the kettle with water and turned on the stove to heat up the water in the kettle.

While Rarity was setting up the tea set, Fluttershy felt something popping out from underneath her mane, “Thomas? Are you okay in there, sweetheart?” Thomas nodded, “Do you think she’ll like me?”

“Of course she will,” Fluttershy replied. “I promise there’s no need to be afraid. Rarity is very kind to her customers, and is very polite when handling ponies with their requests. I’m sure she can make some clothes for you.” Fluttershy nuzzled him to make him calm down.

“Make some clothes for who, darling?” Rarity asked when she came back with the tea. Thomas his back underneath Fluttershy’s mane shaking like a leaf. Rarity levitated two cups of tea with her magic, giving one to Fluttershy and giving one to herself. “Who were you talking about, Fluttershy?” Fluttershy nervously gulped, then chuckled with a blush.

“Darling, there’s no need to be shy. I’m not mad. I just want to know,” Rarity said. Fluttershy sighed, and then stood up, “Umm... Okay, there’s somepony I want you to meet. But the problem is, he’s not a pony. I don’t know what species he is, and he’s very shy.”

“Oh? Of course, Fluttershy dear, I would be absolutely honored to meet this thing you speak of. I’m sure he’ll be just fine,” Rarity said with a soft concerned brow. “So, may I see this little one?”

Fluttershy nodded, then crouched down and turned her head towards her mane, “It’s okay, Thomas. You can come out and say hello.” Fluttershy then reached into her mane with her nuzzle and helped Thomas climb off her back and onto the floor. When she was finished, Fluttershy stood up and let Thomas walk in front of her, then she wrapped her right foreleg around him for comfort. Rarity saw the boy that was being hugged by Fluttershy. “My goodness! Aren’t you the sweetest little darling I’ve ever seen?!” Rarity exclaimed while she beamed with a smile at the child.

Thomas had a soft blush on his cheeks after hearing Rarity’s generously kind words, then Fluttershy smiled warmly, “Thomas, this is my friend, Rarity. She’s the top clothes designer here in Ponyville. Rarity, this sweet little colt right here is Thomas. He’s very gentle and a real sweetheart.” Thomas hugged Fluttershy’s foreleg, until she looked down at him. “Thomas, would you like to say hello?” Thomas nodded, and then he waved at her, “Hi.”

Rarity then walked over and lowered herself to his level, “Darling? Can you look at me please?” Thomas turned towards Rarity and he saw her stroking his hands with her hoof. “It’s such a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, darling. Do not be afraid.” Thomas then looked into her eyes and then he went over and wrapped his arms around her chest and nuzzled her chest fur with his cheek, until Rarity hugged him back with her left foreleg rubbing his back. “It’s nice to meet you too, Miss Rarity,” Thomas said.

“Oh my. You have such manners, darling. But you don’t need to call me Miss. You may just call me Rarity,” she said politely. “I must say, you really are so adorable.”

Fluttershy smiled at them liking each other, then she realized what she needed, “Rarity... umm... I don’t mean to interrupt your important work right now, but if you’re not to busy... I was wondering if you could make him some new clothes and pajamas to wear? I don’t want him to wear these everyday.”

“Of course, darling! I’d thought you’d never ask!” Rarity replied, then she broke the hug. “Thomas, would you be a dear and follow me for a bit?”

“Mmhmm,” Thomas replied, then he and the unicorn mare walked to a room where there were three mirrors and a short pedestal with small stairs. “Now, just step onto the pedestal and I’ll take your measurements so that I can get started on your outfit soon enough,” she said. He nodded, then he walked onto the pedestal, and Rarity levitated her red glasses, some measuring tape, and both her pencil and notepad over to her so she could write down his measurements and do some calculations. “Alright, darling. Now if you don’t mind about stretching out your... arms,” Rarity said, then Thomas reached out his arms and then Rarity did the measurements and wrote them down on her notepad.

“You did a splendid job, sweetheart,” Rarity said kindly. “Thank you,” Thomas said. Rarity then thought of an idea about his appearance, “And if I may suggest, I’ll make your outfits into as many colors many little colts enjoy. But it might take a while, so in the meantime... Fluttershy darling, could you be a dear and assist Thomas upstairs to the bathroom to prepare a nice, warm bath for him? He’ll look a lot better clean and refreshed.”

“That sounds like a great idea, Rarity. You really are a good friend,” Fluttershy said, then she and Rarity escorted Thomas upstairs to Rarity’s bathroom. Rarity then looked at Thomas one more time, “Thomas darling, if you want, I’ll let you borrow my favorite shampoo and body wash soap bottles.” Thomas nodded, “Thank you, Rarity.” Rarity nodded back, then she went to her workspace in her bedroom to work on his new clothes. ‘My he is such an adorable little colt, and I really appreciate his kind manners. I wonder where he came from. I’ll have to ask Fluttershy later,’ Rarity thought to herself.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy took Thomas inside the bathroom and turned on the tub’s faucet on both hot and cold. When she dipped her hoof into the water, it was just right. She let Thomas take his clothes off and then she put him in the bathtub and grabbed two bottles consisting shampoo and body wash. Then she leaned towards him, “Sweetheart, me and Rarity will be right across the hall in her bedroom if you need anything or if you’re finished, okay?” Thomas nodded.

When Fluttershy left the room and gently closed the door, she walked over to Rarity’s room to check on her progress, until she saw the generous unicorn mare working on Thomas’s clothes and washing his pajamas so she can fix the damage. Rarity suddenly saw Fluttershy enter the room and then she continued to finish up her design on the boy’s clothes. “Oh, there you are, Fluttershy darling,” she said. “Don’t these clothes look magnificent? I can’t wait for the little darling to try them on!” She then started to smile excitedly at her creation. “Oh, Rarity. They’re lovely,” Fluttershy said. “I know,” Rarity said. “By the way, he also sounded like something was bothering him,” Fluttershy explained. When Rarity completed some finishing touches on the clothes, she hung them on a rack and covered them with white paper, “Oh? And did he tell you?”

Fluttershy made a heavy sigh, then she shook her head, “No, but I couldn’t leave him out there by himself. He’s just a child.” Rarity then walked over and placed her hoof on Fluttershy’s chest where her heart was, “Don’t worry, darling. Giving the little one shelter and caring for him is the right thing to do. It’s one of the most kindest thing anypony could’ve done.” Fluttershy smiled, then she gave the unicorn mare a hug. “When he woke up, he was scared of me like I would hurt him,” Fluttershy said. “Do you think something’s bothering him?”

“Oh, pff. Kch. Fff. Ts! Don’t be ridiculous, darling. Besides, if there was something really bothering him, he would just tell us. I think he’s like the sweetest little colt I’ve ever met.” Rarity said after sorting her other dresses. “But I’m telling the truth,” Fluttershy said. “I know something’s bothering him, but he’s too sensitive to talk about it. Maybe we should wait until he’s ready to talk.”

“That’s sounds like a wonderful idea, darling,” Rarity said, then she removed Thomas’s clothes from the hanger. “How about if you make yourself at home while I go check on Thomas to see if he’s finished with his bath?” Fluttershy nodded and then found a book to read while Rarity walked out of the room with the clothes on her back.

Meanwhile, Thomas was playing with the bath toys, until he heard a knock on the door. “Thomas? Are you done with your bath, darling?” Rarity asked from behind the door. “No, not yet. I just need to get washed but I can’t reach my back,” Thomas said. “Don’t worry, darling. I’m coming in,” Rarity said, then she placed his clothes by the door and then saw Thomas in the tub soaking wet from the soapy water, “Would you like me to wash you?” Rarity asked. “Yes, please,” Thomas said. “Don’t worry, darling. I’ll have you all washed and dried, and you’ll look totally new,” Rarity said. “Now, just stay still.”

Rarity dunked a little shampoo onto Thomas’s hair and scrubbed it with her hooves, then she rinsed off the soap by using her magic to levitate the pitcher full of water from the tub. She then grabbed a sponge brush and rubbed some of her body wash around Thomas’s body, and then when he was all clean, she levitated him out of the tub, unplugged the drain, and dried him off with a towel. “Do you feel refreshed now, darling?” Rarity asked. “Yeah, I think so,” Thomas said. “Excellent. Now, I’m going to leave these next to you. When you’re dressed, come over across the hallway to my room so we can have a look at you. And if you want, you may take a nap on my bed while me and Fluttershy have a nice talk,” Rarity said.

After he was dried off, she gave him his clothes and waited outside the bathroom for him to get dressed. She walked back over to her room and saw Fluttershy reading a novel. “Is Thomas okay in there?” Fluttershy asked. “Yes, but he had trouble walking himself, so I managed to help him out. I’m really excited to see him in his new attire!” Rarity said gleefully.

“Me, too. Besides, your clothes that you make are wonderful to everypony,” Fluttershy said. “Thank you, darling,” Rarity said. Suddenly, they saw Thomas walk in with his new clothes, which consisted royal blue overalls, black sneakers with white shoelaces, a white t-shirt with red and dark blue horizontal stripes, and a sand green zip up hoodie. Rarity suddenly gasped, “Oh my! Thomas, you look so dashing!” She trotted over to him and wrapped her foreleg around his shoulder, “Are they cozy, darling?” Rarity asked. Thomas nodded, “Yes, Rarity. They also feel soft and warm.” He suddenly scooted closer towards the mare’s chest and leaned softly on her barrel and then gave her a hug, until Rarity smiled warmly and wrapped her foreleg around him.

Suddenly, he felt tired and rubbed his eyes, so Rarity led him to her bed and let him climb on. After he was on the soft mattress, he took off his jacket and his shoes, and then laid on his stomach until Rarity used her magic to cover her red plush satin blanket over him, “Thomas, me and Fluttershy are going to be downstairs for a little while, but we’ll come back to wake you up. Alright?” Thomas nodded, “I really like the clothes you made me, Rarity. Thank you.”

“You’re very welcome, darling,” Rarity said, then she leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Now, get some rest. We’ll check on you later.” Rarity then left the room with the door halfway open and her blinds closed so that Thomas wouldn’t wake up from the light of the sun. After he was warm under the blanket and the room was a little dark, he drifted off to sleep.


Meanwhile, Rarity and Fluttershy made some new cups of tea and then they decided to have a nice talk. “So, Fluttershy, what exactly did you have in mind for the little darling?” Rarity asked. “Well, after he’s had his few minutes of rest, I was thinking about taking him to Twilight’s castle so that he could meet the others,” Fluttershy said. Rarity suddenly gasped adorably, “That’s a magnificent idea, Fluttershy! The girls will absolutely adore him!” Fluttershy then giggled, “I’m sure they will too.”

They suddenly saw Thomas coming downstairs from his nap, “Hello, Thomas. Glad to see you’re awake, dear. Did you have a good rest?” Rarity asked. “Mmhmm. I feel much better,” Thomas said. “By the way, we’re going over to the castle downtown. I was thinking... how would you feel about meeting the rest of our friends?” Fluttershy asked. “Would you like that, sweetheart?” He looked up at Fluttershy, then went to her chest and gave her a hug, “Yes.”

Rarity then stood up, “Well, if you two are ready to go over to Twilight’s castle, then allow me to assist you.” Fluttershy then smiled softly, “I won’t mind if you are coming with us, Rarity.”

“Oh, please. I’m insist you let me tag along,” Rarity said. Fluttershy nodded, then she felt Thomas poke her flank, “Yes, sweetheart?”

“Can I ride on your back?” Thomas asked. “Sure,” Fluttershy replied, then she crouched down and let Thomas climb on her back, then she stood back up. When she tucked his legs with her wings, Fluttershy and Rarity left the boutique.

PreviousChapters Next