• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 11,041 Views, 202 Comments

A Place in Equestria - GoebelTron



Fluttershy finds a 5-year old boy who lived in an orphanage with no memory of his family and no friends.

  • ...
6
 202
 11,041

Chapters Next
Prologue: Thomas’s Wish

One day at a place called “St. Josephine’s Orphanage for Children,” many kids were being picked for adoption, but some managed to get lucky. All, except one.

There was a small young boy named Thomas, who was 5 years old. He was the lonesome one of the orphanage, because he had no friends to look out for him, and worst of all, after kids were being picked up for adoption, he was never picked by the people looking for a child. It made his heart break, but he kept hoping that he would be lucky to be picked someday.

He also had no memory of his mother’s loss but he remembered about one person who mistreated him, the one man who was supposed to take care of him, his father. He was sent to prison for child abuse and then Thomas was sent to the orphanage to start a new life.

He had plenty of food to eat, he was always picked on by other kids, and when he misses his adoption, the owner of the orphanage, Miss Peterson, would comfort him. “Don’t worry, dear. There’s always next time,” she said.

Two months later, new kids were being brought in for shelter, and it was time for Thomas to make some friends, but they already went ahead of him. It made him very sad because he wanted friends to play with.


One night, before he went to sleep, Thomas saw a big star in the sky. He kneeled towards his bed, folded his arms and clasped his hands together, then made a wish.

“Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight,” Thomas prayed. “I wish to leave this place and have another home to live in with a family that will love me forever and care for me. Amen.” Thomas finished his prayer, and then he climbed under his bedsheets and blankets, and then he suddenly hugged his teddy bear and quietly cried himself to sleep. He also put his shoes and socks next to him.


Two hours later, when the rays of the moon passed by the window, a light blue magical orb appeared through the window and over to the boy’s sleeping form and then a calming blue aura picked him up and cradled him. It felt warm for him and he was still asleep.

Then, a soft female voice spoke to him, “You poor little child. You do carry a broken heart and hurt soul. But never fear, young one, for your wish shall be granted.” A few seconds later, Thomas was wrapped around in the aura, then in a flash, he and the light were gone.


Meanwhile, in Equestria...

The blue orb appeared in front of a doorstep, and then it conjured a small woven baby basket made of the roots and branches of a pine tree with the scent of pine, and then Thomas was placed into the basket and wrapped in a baby blue blanket made of plush fabric. Suddenly, the orb of light spoke to him again, “Good luck, young one. For when you wake up, you shall meet your caregiver.” Then, the orb disappeared, and then Thomas was calmly fast asleep.

Chapters Next