• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 11,041 Views, 202 Comments

A Place in Equestria - GoebelTron



Fluttershy finds a 5-year old boy who lived in an orphanage with no memory of his family and no friends.

  • ...
6
 202
 11,041

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: Thomas’s New Home

The next morning, the golden glow of Celestia’s sun blanketed all over Equestria. The leaves were starting to turn orange, yellow and red and fall off the trees because autumn was here. At the cottage, Fluttershy was feeding her animals one group at a time. She was outside and started off by feeding her chickens some chicken feed, then she fed all her outdoor critters, and gave Angel his special salad. When she came back inside, she fed her birds a bowl of bird seeds, the squirrels and chipmunks some nuts and acorns, and her other indoor critters some berries, nuts, and vegetables.

When Fluttershy was done, she felt excited because today was the day she adopts Thomas as her little colt. She saw Thomas come down yawning and then she trotted over to him for a morning hug, until he hugged her back and nuzzled his cheek on her foreleg, “Good morning, sweetheart.”

Thomas looked up at her smiling face, “Good morning, Momma.” Fluttershy giggled and gave him a kiss on his forehead, “Did you sleep well?” Thomas nodded warmly, “Momma? I’m hungry.”

“Aww... don’t worry, sweetie. I’ll get you your breakfast. Why don’t you sit with everyone else while I fix your porridge?” Fluttershy replied. Thomas nodded and then sat on the couch, until some of the critters came to cuddle with him. “Hey, guys. I missed you too,” Thomas said, petting the ferrets and raccoons, then saw some small birds come down and landed on his fingers. He was suddenly paused as he felt something furry from behind him. Thomas looked up and saw a big and massive grizzly bear with grayish blackish brown fur, a light grayish blackish brown underbelly and a tan muzzle looking at him. He suddenly backed up whimpering, until Fluttershy looked at him. “Don’t worry, sweetheart. He won’t hurt you. Watch,” she said, until the bear carefully lifted up Thomas and gently brought him over for a hug, and then put him down after a couple more seconds of hugging. “Th-Thank you,” Thomas said, and then the bear growled “you’re welcome.”

He suddenly heard a knock on the door, “I GOT IT, MOMMA!” Thomas went to the door and turned the doorknob, and he saw Rarity standing there, “Hi, Auntie Rarity!” He let her inside, and then hugged Rarity, until she hugged him back.

“Good morning, precious. Are you excited about today?” Rarity asked, until she kissed him on the forehead. “Yeah! I can’t wait to live with my new momma and my new aunts!” Thomas replied excitedly. “Well, I’m glad. Anyway, I have something for you, darling,” Rarity said, then took out a few outfits from her saddlebags and gave them to Thomas. “These are just a few outfits for you to wear, and I washed your other clothes and the pajamas you wore when you arrived. And I managed to do some stitching on your teddy bear.”

Thomas hugged Rarity one more time, “You fixed my teddy! Thank you, Auntie Rarity!” Rarity placed her foreleg around his shoulders, “You’re welcome, dear. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some business to attend to. I’ll see you later.” Thomas waved at her, “Bye, Auntie Rarity!” Thomas closed the door and saw Fluttershy with his breakfast on the coffee table. He came to the couch and saw the porridge with milk, berries and cinnamon. After he took a bite, he started to enjoy the taste of the berries. “Thanks, Momma,” Thomas said. “You’re welcome, Thomas. Now finish up, and you can go get cleaned up and get dressed, because today is a special day for you and me,” Fluttershy replied. Thomas nodded, then he continued to eat his breakfast.

After a few minutes, he finished his porridge and his tummy was full. He gave the plate to Fluttershy, then he went upstairs and carried the outfits Rarity gave him. After he was upstairs, he placed each outfit that Rarity made for him, then grabbed one pair of clothes, and went over to the bathroom, and started his bath.


When he was refreshed from his bath, he put on a forest green t-shirt with white miniature stripes. He also wore sports grey jogging pants, and a cardinal red sports hooded jacket with three vertical navy blue stripes on the sleeves. He came down to show his mother some of his new attire, “Momma, look what Auntie Rarity made me!” Fluttershy was amazed by his new clothes, “I like it very much, sweetie. I’m sure she did a great job as usual.” She hugged the child, then she remembered something, “Thomas, everypony made a surprise for us, so I think it’s time we head over.”

“Okay, Momma,” Thomas said, then Fluttershy lowered herself towards his level, and then Thomas climbed onto her back, and left the cottage. Before they head off to Ponyville, Fluttershy saw Angel, “Angel, can you look after the others while I’m gone?” Angel nodded, until Fluttershy petted his head and then she left for Ponyville.


When they arrived, Fluttershy slowed down and then stopped near Sugarcube Corner, “Sweetheart, I want to show you something, but could you close your eyes?” Thomas nodded, and then he closed his eyes, until a blindfold unexpectedly went around his shut eyesight.

After Fluttershy went inside the store, she stopped. “Thomas, do you want to get off?” Thomas nodded, and then he got off Fluttershy, then the lights came on. “Okay, you can take it off and open your eyes now, sweetie,” she said, then Thomas opened his eyes and untied the blindfold around his eyes, revealing a party. “SURPRISE!!!” A group of ponies hollered as they saw Thomas smiling warmly, “Thank you, but what’s this for?”

Pinkie Pie came over, “Don’t you remember? Fluttershy adopted you, so I made an idea to throw a adoption party!” Thomas looked around and saw his aunts gather with the other ponies, “You were all in on it?” They nodded, until Thomas had tears in his eyes, “Momma? Did you know about this? Is this really for me?” Fluttershy nodded with a warm smile, “Yes. I was in on this, and I did know. You deserve this, because some residents of Ponyville would like to meet you and get to know you. Welcome home, sweetheart.” Thomas moved closer and hugged her warmly around her chest, then she hugged him back with her foreleg placed around his shoulder, then she gave him a kiss on the top of his head.

Princess Celestia smiled warmly at them, then placed her wing around them, and turned towards the small crowd, “Citizens of Ponyville, I’m honored to welcome you all here today as we celebrate the adoption of this dear child, Thomas Mercer Shy.” A light brown earth pony mare appeared. She had a light grey mane and tail, blue eyes, a white collar with a teal scarf, gold glasses, and her flank had a cutie mark of a scroll wrapped in blue ribbon. Her name was Mayor Mare. “Miss Fluttershy, if you are ready, the legal adoption form is right here, and this colt will be yours to take care of,” she said. “We’re right here, Fluttershy,” Twilight said. Fluttershy nodded, and then thought for a moment as she looked down and smiled warmly at the little colt who was hugging her foreleg, and the sight touched her heart. “Mayor Mare, Princess Celestia,... I am ready to sign,” she said.

Mayor Mare and Princess Celestia nodded, and then Fluttershy took the scroll carefully and gently grasped the quill with her hoof, and signed the scroll through each section, until she signed her signature. When she was done, Mayor Mare stamped the scroll for acceptance, and then Fluttershy looked down at Thomas and held him with one foreleg underneath his bottom and hugged him.

“Thank you both for allowing me to adopt this sweet little colt. I promise with the magic of kindness that I will love and care for him with all of my heart, and be a good mother,” Fluttershy said, then she nuzzled her cheek to his head and wrapped her wing around him for comfort, while Thomas nuzzled with the softness of her fur.

Celestia lowered her head towards Thomas, and tapped his shoulders with her horn, “Thomas, as Princess of Equestria, I, along with your mother, your aunts, and all of my little ponies, would now like to officially conform this adoption legal, and welcome you to your new home!” Thomas saw everypony clapping their hooves and cheering for him, then Princess Celestia leaned her head forward and nuzzled her head towards his chest, then Thomas hugged her by gently embracing her neck, “Thank you, Princess Celestia! I love my new family!” Princess Celestia nodded, then looked at Pinkie Pie, “That’s your cue.” Pinkie Pie brought out her party cannon and placed her hooves around the rope trigger, “LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!” After she pulled the trigger, a pearl white unicorn mare with a frizzled mane and tail with two streaks of light and dark blue, she wore white headphones around her ears and big black thick rimmed oval glasses with purple lenses, and her flank had a cutie mark of a music note. She was playing party music and turning the discs for a remix so that everypony could dance and enjoy the party.

The fillies and colts were playing games with Pinkie Pie and Applejack helped serve some cake, and Princess Celestia sat on a seat drinking some tea and enjoying some cake.

While Thomas was enjoying his party, he saw Twilight talking to other ponies, so he went up to her and gently tugged her tail. Twilight turned around and saw Thomas standing there, “What is it, sweetheart?”

“I can’t find Momma. I want to take a picture of all of us, but I can’t find her or the others, but I’m glad I found you,” Thomas said, hugging his aunt. “Shhhhhh... It’s okay, Thomas. I’ll go look for them when I’m done talking to these two,” Twilight said. “Okay, Auntie Twilight. I’m sorry if I disturbed you,” Thomas said, then he saw a cyan unicorn mare with a light blue and white mane and tail, orange eyes and a cutie mark of an angel harp and a yellow earth pony mare with blue and pink mane and tail, blue eyes, and a cutie mark of three candy wrappers. “Thomas, this is Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon. Girls, this is my nephew, Thomas,” Twilight said. “Aww! He’s so adorable!” Lyra said, ruffling his hair. “Hello, sweetheart. It’s very nice to meet you,” Bon Bon said, until Thomas shook her hoof. “It’s nice to meet you, and Lyra too, Bon Bon,” Thomas said. “Um... if it’s okay... can we hang out next time?”

“Sure,” Bon Bon said, then she and Lyra gave Thomas a hug. “We’ll even babysit if you’re mom’s doing something important,” Lyra said. “Thank you,” Thomas said. “You’re welcome, sweetie,” Lyra said. “Now if you‘ll excuse us, we have a party to celebrate. It was nice meeting you, Thomas. See you around!” Bon Bon said. “Bye!” Thomas said.

“Auntie Twilight, after the party, can we get a group picture of me, Momma, you and your friends, Spike, and the three fillies please? It’s just something to remember by,” Thomas asked. “Aww... of course we can, sweetheart. That’s so sweet of you,” Twilight said, then she gave him a hug. “I’ll get the girls and tell them about it. Why don’t you go and make some friends with the fillies and colts over there?” Thomas then nodded and went to go play and dance with his the CMCs, until 5 minutes passed on, and Spike came over, “Thomas! Girls! They’re ready for the photo! Come on!”

Thomas and the girls followed Spike outside towards the castle and they saw the girls getting ready for a group photo with Thomas. “Look! There they are!” Rainbow Dash said, then they saw Thomas, Spike and the fillies running over to the group and taking their positions. Spike placed the timer on the camera, and then went over and stood in front of Rarity and Twilight’s forelegs, the fillies stood with their sisters, and Thomas stood in the center with Fluttershy’s hoof on his shoulder.

“Okay, everypony! Smile!” Spike said, then the camera flashed and revealed a picture of Thomas with his new family. “Thomas, we are all proud to be your family,” Twilight said, then gave him a hug and kissed his cheek, and Spike gave him a fist pound, then they flew back to the castle. “You deserve it, darling,” Rarity said, giving him a kiss on the cheek, then she and Sweetie Belle went home. “See ya, Thomas!” Sweetie Belle said. “You’re gonna make one heck of a nephew, kid. As long as you got us, we’ll be there to keep you safe,” Rainbow Dash said, then she ruffled his hair and flew off with Scootaloo on her back. “I’m glad you’ll have a great time here in your new home, sugarcube,” Applejack said, then she tipped her hat, until Apple Bloom gave him a hug, and caught up with her sister. Pinkie Pie gently ruffled his hair and gave Thomas a hug, “Hope you enjoy your time here, little cutie, because it’s gonna be fun! See ya!” Pinkie Pie bounced off to Sugarcube Corner.

After everypony was home, Fluttershy took Thomas back home and trotted upstairs to the bedroom. When Fluttershy got up there, she let Thomas climb off her back and change into his pajamas that Rarity washed. When he was finally changed, he took out a toothbrush and toothpaste a pony named Colgate gave him, then he went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. When he was done, he climbed into her bed and then laid back, until Fluttershy tucked him under the blankets. “Did you have a good time, sweetheart?” Fluttershy asked. “Yeah. I liked it, Momma,” Thomas said. “Are you glad to finally have a home and a mother who loves you?” Fluttershy asked. “Yeah. Thanks for adopting me, Momma,” Thomas said. “You’re welcome, Thomas. You deserve a family, and a caring mother,” Fluttershy said. “And don’t worry. I’m sure everypony here will love you for who you are.” Thomas smiled warmly and gave Fluttershy one more hug, until she nuzzled his cheek. After Thomas made a soft yawn, he laid back, and then Fluttershy blew out the candle, and kissed her son on the cheek. “Goodnight, sweetheart,” Fluttershy said. “Goodnight, Momma,” Thomas said, then he went to sleep. Then, Fluttershy thought of something, ‘I’m so glad he finally has a home.’ She then went downstairs to sleep, and then Thomas slept peacefully in the soft bed with a warm smile on his face.


The next morning, Celestia’s sun rose from the horizon of Ponyville, and it beamed through the bedroom window of Fluttershy’s cottage and blanketed the sleeping boy, who was sleeping underneath the covers. He started to stir in his sleep and then he woke up with a soft yawn, then he went got out of bed, put his slippers on, and walked downstairs. When he arrived in the den, he saw his mother sleeping on the couch, until she started to wake up. When she softly yawned and blinked her eyes open, she saw her little colt stand there, until he came closer and wrapped his arms around her neck and nuzzled with the fur of her chest, until she held him with one foreleg, “Good morning, Momma.”

“Good morning, my little colt. You’re up early. Did you sleep well?” Fluttershy asked, giving her son a hug. “Mmhmm. I’m still tired, but I’m fine,” Thomas said, rubbing his eyes. “Aww... I know, sweetheart,” Fluttershy said, then Thomas saw the animals, “Good morning, everyone. Did you guys sleep well?” The animals replied with chirps and chitters. While Thomas continued to cuddle with his mother, he looked up at her with a warm smile, “Momma, I know I’m young and that I’ve done it before, but... can I help you feed the animals again? Please?” Fluttershy felt her heart melt with a warm smile as she leaned her head down, and nuzzled at the top of his head, until he looked up and felt her give him a tender kiss on the forehead, then rubbed his back with her other foreleg, “Aww... Of course you can help me feed the animals, sweetheart. That’s very kind of you.” Thomas smiled warmly at her, then continued to hug her, “Thank you, Momma. Can I have breakfast before we start?”

Fluttershy giggled softly, and then kissed him on the forehead, “Yes. I know you don’t wanna help out on an empty stomach. Why don’t you go get dressed while I fix up your porridge?” Thomas nodded, until Fluttershy put him down and went to the kitchen to fix up his porridge, then he went upstairs to her bedroom.

When he got there, he opened the chest full of clothes that Rarity made for him, then he picked out a light green t-shirt, charcoal grey cargo pants, and a green jacket. When he came down, Fluttershy set up his porridge in a small bowl and flavored it with berries, milk, honey and cinnamon, “Thank you, Momma.” Fluttershy gave him a kiss on the forehead, “You’re welcome, sweetheart. Now, eat up and we can get started.” Thomas nodded and then he continued to eat his porridge.

While Thomas was eating his breakfast, Fluttershy went to the kitchen to set up some bowls full of nuts and acorns, berries, and bird seeds. When she finished with those and got out some fruits and vegetables from the refrigerator, she saw Thomas put his bowl in the sink, “Thomas, would you like to help me set up Angel’s special salad?”

“Really? But what if I mess it up?” Thomas asked nervously. “Aww... Don’t worry, sweetie. You’ll do fine and you have Mommy to help you, okay?” Fluttershy said, until Thomas smiled at her, then she leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the forehead. After she set up the ingredients for the salad, she grabbed a stool for him to stand on, and watched him step on. “That looks good, Momma. Do you think he’ll love it?” Thomas asked. “He loves it so much, sweetheart. I know he’ll love it as he loves you,” Fluttershy replied, then she set up the lettuce leaves into a layer. “Okay, now he likes his orange slices in a layer around the lettuce, with the cucumber slices on top.” Thomas nodded, and then carefully took the orange slices and placed them in a layer around the lettuce leaves, and then placed the cucumber slices on top of the orange slices. “Is this right?” Thomas asked.

Fluttershy nodded with a squee, “Now we add another layer of lettuce leaves, and then we do the orange slices again.” Thomas added the final layer of lettuce leaves, and then placed the orange slices on top of the lettuce leaves. He pointed at the pineapple, until Fluttershy nodded warmly. Thomas then placed the slice of pineapple on top of the orange slices. When he saw the whipped cream, he grabbed a spoon and gently placed some on top of the pineapple, orange slices and lettuce leaves. He then sprinkled the nuts on the whipped cream, and finally placed the cherry on top.

“You did a wonderful job, sweetheart! Angel’s going to love it,” Fluttershy beamed with pride, and then Thomas hugged her, until he carefully climbed on her back. She then leaned down so she can let him grab the bowl. After he was ready, Fluttershy and Thomas walked outside to Angel’s kennel. When he climbed off his mother’s back, Thomas quietly went towards the kennel and gently knocked, “Angel? It’s time to eat, little buddy. I just hope I did a good job helping Momma make it.” Angel softly yawned, then he saw his special salad being given by the boy, then the bunny slid his tongue out of his little maw dripping with saliva and then licked his lips. When Angel went to the boy, he nuzzled his hand, then took his cute little bib, and fork, then started eating his salad.

“I think he likes it,” Thomas said. “That’s right, sweetheart. I’m very proud of you,” Fluttershy said, then she hugged her little colt, and kissed him on the top of his head. “Now, how about if I show you what I feed all my other animals?” Thomas nodded, and then he and Fluttershy did a walkthrough as she let her little colt help feed her other animals.


After an hour and a few minutes of feeding the animals, Fluttershy and Thomas decided to take a stroll around Ponyville so they can get some fresh air and exercise. When all of a sudden, they saw Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo walk by. “Hello, girls,” Fluttershy said. “Hey, Fluttershy,” Apple Bloom said. “Whatcha doing?” Scootaloo asked. “Me and my little colt are taking a stroll around Ponyville,” Fluttershy said. “Oh, by the way, Rarity said that today’s the day you and her get your spa treatment,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Oh, that’s right. Umm...” Thomas gets off her back after Fluttershy leaned down, and then she looked at him, “Thomas, why don’t you go play with the girls until I’m done with my spa treatment?” Fluttershy said. “Okay, Momma. I’ll be a good boy,” Thomas said. Fluttershy gave Thomas a hug as he hugged her foreleg, then kissed him on the top of his head, “I know you will. When we’re done, I’ll come get you and we can head on home.” Thomas nodded, then gave his mother one more hug. After she left and gave him a small pouch full of bits, he went off to go play with his friends.

“What do you wanna do first?” Thomas asked. “I know! How about a ride in our wagon?” Scootaloo asked. “I like that idea, but we don’t have a spare helmet for him,” Sweetie Belle said. “Well, we can stop at the sports shop and get him one,” Apple Bloom said. “Yeah! C’mon, let’s go get our friend a helmet!” Scootaloo said. “Hop on, little buddy,” Sweetie Belle said, and then Thomas climbed on her back, and then he and the Crusaders ran off to the sports shop to get him a helmet.


Later on, Thomas was sitting in the wagon between Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle while Scootaloo used her wagon to pull the wagon. Apple Bloom wore a blue helmet, Sweetie Belle wore a light green helmet, and Scootaloo wore a purple helmet with two white stripes going down the center. They got Thomas a dark grey and royal blue helmet.

“Alright, here we go!” Scootaloo said. When she rapidly flapped her wings, she pulled the wagon at full speed, and then they rode were enjoying the ride with laughs and cheers. When they stopped, Thomas and the girls giggled, “Can we do that again?”

“Maybe later,” Scootaloo said. “Hey, Thomas. Do you want to get some milkshakes from Sugarcube Corner?” Sweetie Belle asked. “Yes, please. Maybe we can go play in the park later, too,” Thomas said. “Great idea, Thomas!” Apple Bloom said.

When Thomas and the three fillies walked into Sugarcube Corner, they saw a blue earth pony with a pink curly mane and tail washing some dishes, and a golden orange earth pony with orange trimmed mane and tail writing down some ingredients. “Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Cake!” the girls said. Mrs. Cake looked down at them, “Hello there, girls! Welcome!” Mrs. Cake said. “Oh! Well, you must be Thomas! Pinkie Pie’s told us about you. My name is Cup Cake, but you can call me Mrs. Cake. This is my husband, Carrot Cake, but you can call him Mr. Cake.”

“Pleased to meet you, little colt,” Mr. Cake said. “So, what brings you here?” Mrs. Cake asked. “We’re here to get something to drink before we go to the park, if y’all ain’t busy today,” Apple Bloom said. “No, no. We’re free today. So, what will it be?” Mrs. Cake asked.

“Do you have vanilla milkshakes?” Thomas asked. “Of course we do!” Mrs. Cake. “He’ll have that, and we’ll have some, but strawberry for Sweetie Belle, one vanilla for Apple Bloom, and one chocolate for me,” Scootaloo said. “Can we get some of those frosted sugar cookies for each of us too, but an apple cider donut for Apple Bloom?” Sweetie Belle asked. “Of course you may,” Mrs. Cake said. “Alright, that’ll be 6 bits.” Thomas nodded and took out the six bits from the pouch, and then Sweetie Belle used her magic to levitate them to the counter so Mr. Cake can help them pay for the snacks, then they went to a table to wait.

“Mrs. Cake? Can I use the bathroom? I need to pee,” Thomas asked. “Sure. It’s straight upstairs, first door on the right,” Mrs. Cake said. “Thank you,” Thomas said, then the girls waiting for him while he went over to the restroom to pee. After he came back, Mr. Cake gave them their snacks and shakes.

After Thomas sat down on his chair and drank his vanilla milkshake and saw the whipped cream and cherry on top, he started to enjoy it, and then he ate his cookie while drinking his milkshake. The girls enjoyed their treats as well.

“I’m really glad you decided to stay here in Equestria, Thomas,” Sweetie Belle said. “It’d be really sad if you decided to leave forever, and we’d be sad.” Thomas patted the unicorn filly on her shoulder, “Don’t cry, Sweetie Belle. I’m just glad I have to have my Momma, her friends as my aunts, and you as my friends,” Thomas said.


Meanwhile, Rarity and Fluttershy were at the Ponyville Spa getting their treatments. Rarity and Fluttershy wore robes all over and towels wrapped around her mane, and they also had mud masks and cucumber slices on their eyelids. “Ah... isn’t this relaxing, darling?” Rarity asked with a deep sigh, as she was getting her hooves trimmed. “Yes. I feel so much better,” Fluttershy replied. “I’m so glad that Thomas is enjoying his permanent stay, he even loved helping me feed the animals.”

“I’m glad he did. He deserves to help out,” Rarity said. “Besides staying inside not doing anything won’t help him. He probably needs to go out and make some friends. What were you planning to do today, darling?”

“I was planning on going to have a talk with Miss Cheerilee about getting Thomas registered, because I was thinking about giving him some education,” Fluttershy said. “Splendid idea, Fluttershy,” Rarity said, while she got her hooves shined. “He deserves to go to school.”

“I’m glad you agree. I’ll have Twilight help me out when we’re done,” Fluttershy said. “Indeed. For now... let’s just relax,” Rarity said, until she leaned back and took a deep breath.


Later on, after Thomas and the girls went to play in the park, they rode to Sweet Apple Acres because they wanted to show Thomas something. “Thomas, climb on my back and close your eyes. We’ve got somethin’ to show ya,” Apple Bloom said. Thomas climbed on Apple Bloom’s back, until Scootaloo wrapped a blindfold around his eyes, then the fillies went upstairs to their clubhouse and then they went into the clubhouse.

“Okay, Thomas, one... two... THREE!” Sweetie Belle said, then she unwrapped the blindfold and then Thomas saw him inside their headquarters. “Wow... What is this place?” Thomas asked. “Thomas, have a seat right there,” Apple Bloom said. Thomas nodded and sat down on the stool. After that, Apple Bloom stood on the tall desk and banged her gavel, “Thomas, since you’ve decided to stay here in Equestria, we decided to make you an official member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!”

“Really? What do I do?” Thomas asked. “If you stick with us, we try to find our cutie marks together, but sometimes come up with ideas before we do that,” Scootaloo said. “And we can sometimes have fun together,” Sweetie Belle stated. “So, will you accept the offer of joining our club, and vow that you’ll stay by our side?” Apple Bloom. “I accept,” Thomas said. “Then by the power infested in me, I welcome you to the Cutie Mark Crusaders!” Apple Bloom said, then she banged her gavel.

“Thomas! Where are you?! It’s time to go home, sweetheart!” Fluttershy’s voice hollered. “That’s my Momma. I’ll see you girls tomorrow,” Thomas said. “Bye, Thomas!” Apple Bloom said. “See ya soon, buddy!” Scootaloo said. “Goodbye!” Sweetie Belle said.

After Thomas climbed down, he saw Fluttershy heading off to the cottage and then caught up with her, “Hi, Momma.” Fluttershy looked down and saw Thomas walking beside her. “Hello, Thomas,” Fluttershy said. “Let’s go home. I’ll make you some soup for dinner.”

“Can I have bread with it?” Thomas asked. “Of course, my precious little colt,” Fluttershy said. “Thanks, Momma,” Thomas said, giving Fluttershy’s neck a hug. “You’re welcome, sweetheart,” Fluttershy said, then they continued to journey home.


When they arrived at the cottage, Thomas got off her back and went to sit down, while Fluttershy went to the kitchen and started to chop some vegetables, then she put them in the soup, “So what did you and the girls do?”

“We rode on the wagon, had some snacks at Sugarcube Corner, and we played in the park. And Momma?” Thomas said. “Yes, sweetheart?” Fluttershy replied. “I also joined their club,” Thomas said, and showed her his cape, which was red and had gold silk on the other side, and it had a blue shield with a unicorn sewn on it. “Am I allowed to play with them and help them with their crusading?” Thomas asked.

Fluttershy nodded, “Of course, my little one. But as long as you be careful and not do anything dangerous, that’s fine by me.” She went back to cooking the soup, until she felt Thomas hug her hind leg, “Thank you, Momma! This really means a lot to me and my friends.” Fluttershy blushed and smiled warmly, “You’re welcome, my little colt. Here, go sit back down. Your soup’s done.”

Thomas nodded and sat at the table, then Fluttershy gave him a bowl full of chicken broth soup with mixed vegetables, and daisy petals, then gave him a plate full of two slices of bread, then she watched her son eat the soup. “It’s really good, Momma,” Thomas said. “I’m glad you like it,” Fluttershy said, then she gave him a kiss on the temple. After Thomas finished his dinner, it was time for bed. “Thomas? Could you close your eyes? I have a surprise for you,” Fluttershy said as she was hovering upstairs with her son in her forelegs. Thomas nodded and then closed his eyes.

“Okay, sweetie. Open them,” she said. Thomas opened his eyes, and he saw a spare room that fits his style. The walls were bluish green and had two shades of stripes with light grayish aqua green and dark aqua green, he had a toy chest for his toys, a dresser for his clothes, a small table for his lamp and night light, a bookshelf for his books, and he had a dark oak wood bed with a blue star covered softener blanket, white and sky blue bedsheets with red, green and blue stripes, and cloud soft plush mattress and pillows.

“What is this, Momma?” Thomas asked. “Welcome to your new bedroom,” Fluttershy replied. “You made this... for me?” Thomas asked. Fluttershy nodded, and then Thomas hugged his mother, “Thank you, Momma.” Fluttershy nodded, and then hugged her son in reply. “Now, let’s get you changed into your pajamas and I’ll tuck you into bed.” Thomas nodded and then Fluttershy helped him change into his pajamas, which were his red pajamas he wore on the day he arrived. After he was changed, Fluttershy tucked him into his new bed, which he liked as the softness was as soft as a cloud from Cloudsdale.

“Thomas, are you glad to have a mother who loves you, and friends who care about you?” Fluttershy asked. “Mmhmm. This is better than the orphanage,” Thomas said. “I’m glad you’re happy,” Fluttershy said.

After Thomas was asleep, Fluttershy gave him one more hug. “Good night, my precious little one.” She then kissed him on the forehead, and then she walked over to her bedroom, climbed into her bed and then went to sleep. ‘I hope he has fun at school tomorrow,’ she thought to herself.

Author's Note:

Looks like Thomas is enjoying his stay in Equestria! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next