• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 11,043 Views, 202 Comments

A Place in Equestria - GoebelTron



Fluttershy finds a 5-year old boy who lived in an orphanage with no memory of his family and no friends.

  • ...
6
 202
 11,043

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: A Visit From Luna/Confronting Diamond Tiara

During the night under the beautiful glow of Luna’s moon, Thomas was sleeping peacefully under the moon’s warmth. Suddenly, he began to dream, and he woke up in the Ponyville Park and he was playing tag in the grass with the CMC, until they all came together and tickled Thomas, causing him to laugh.

When they stopped, they saw a dark red thundercloud appear and it began to spread a storm full of darkness, and they saw Diamond Tiara as a demonic giant form of Nightmare Moon laughing evilly. “Well, if it isn’t the blank flanks and the little rodent!” she said in a demonic tone. “RUUUN!” Apple Bloom said, then Thomas and the girls started running while screaming. “Where do you think you’re going?!” Diamond Tiara asked furiously, then blasted a beam of laser from her horn and then stopped them, until they were surrounded by lava. “You little runt! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!! NOW IT’S TIME TO PERISH!!”

Thomas whimpered, until he heard a voice, “LEAVE THY YOUNG ONE BE! BEGONE TO WHENCE YOU CAME!” The giant alicorn Diamond Tiara faded into bones and ash, and the three fillies disappeared, and Thomas was still whimpering. “Thomas, thou may open you eyes, dear one,” said a familiar soft voice. Thomas looked up and saw Princess Luna coming down, “P-Pri-Princess Luna?”

“Come to me, dear child,” Princess Luna said, sitting on her haunches. Thomas stood up and ran over to the princess and wrapped his arms around her chest and gave her a hug, until she turned the entire surrounding into a blanket full of stars and orbs, then she laid with her legs tucked under her and placed both forelegs around Thomas and placed her wing over him for comfort. “Princess Luna, how are you here?” Thomas asked.

“You see, dear Thomas, as Princess of the Night, I am able to enter ponies’ dreams and watch over them. My goal is to make sure they sleep peacefully,” Princess Luna said. “Did you know I was in trouble?” Thomas asked. “Indeed, but it was only a dream. I sensed great pain like it was from a memory that caused you to have dreams like these,” Princess Luna said.

“Oh... Princess Luna? Can you keep me company?” Thomas asked. “Of course, but remember, you can always talk to me either awake or inside your dreams. Do you understand, dear Thomas?” Princess Luna said. “Mmhmm. I understand.” Then he yawned as she held Thomas in a cradle as he nuzzled into the soft warmth of her chest fur, “When you wake up, you’ll see Fluttershy by the bed.” Thomas nodded, and then Princess Luna gave him a soft kiss on the forehead, and then Thomas went to sleep.


The next morning, when Celestia’s sun rose from the hills and then lit up a sky blue and light orange sunny sky, Fluttershy started to wake up and then saw Thomas was still snuggled next to her belly underneath her wing. She gave him a warm smile, then gently nuzzled his forehead, and kissed him softly. Thomas suddenly started to wake up, and then made a soft yawn and then rubbed his eyes, until he started to see his mother smiling at him, “Hi, Momma.”

“Hi, sweetheart. Did you sleep well?” Fluttershy asked, nuzzling his cheek softly. “Mmhmm. I was starting to have a nightmare about Diamond Tiara, but Princess Luna came in,” Thomas said. “I know, sweetheart. Princess Luna’s very kind,” Fluttershy said, then she gave him a kiss on the forehead. “Now, let’s get you some breakfast.”

Thomas nodded and then Fluttershy got off the bed before Thomas unexpectedly climbed onto her back, and hugged her neck, then she leaned back and nuzzled the top of his head. When Thomas was relaxed, Fluttershy carried him downstairs until the animals saw them come down, “Good morning, my pretties. Hello, Angel baby. Did you all get some rest?” The animals replied with chirps and chitters with agreement. “Good, and by the way, we’ve found my son,” Fluttershy said. “I’m sorry I ran away,” Thomas said. “Can you forgive me?”

The animals came over and then nuzzled with his legs, “Thanks, guys.” He then gave Angel a hug, and petted his soft white fur and softly stroked his head between his ears. After the bunny had his cuddles, Fluttershy came out with an omelette for Thomas, “I made you a omelette, Thomas. I used some of the fresh eggs that were laid by my chickens before I collect them. They’re really good stuff and full of protein.” Thomas nodded and then started to eat his omelette.

After he finished his omelette, he went upstairs to take his bath and get dressed. He took out his clothes he wore on the day he got adopted, then he put them on the hanger. He filled the bathtub with warm soapy water and got himself cleaned up from last night, and then he dried himself off and put his clothes on.

When he came down, Fluttershy brought out a lunch bag for him, “I packed you a nice bologna sandwich for lunch, and I made sure you have some fruits and vegetables with it.”

“Thanks, Momma.” Thomas said, and he gently hugged Fluttershy’s neck and nuzzled his cheek on her chest fur, until she smiled warmly and hugged him back with her foreleg rubbing his back, when they heard the door knock. Fluttershy went to open the door, and then saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders standing there. “Hi, Fluttershy!” they said in unison. “Oh! Um... hello, girls. What are you doing here this morning? Shouldn’t you three be on your way to school right now?”

“We were, but we were wondering if Thomas would like to walk with us,” Apple Bloom said. “It’s so that way we can watch over him during the walk,” Sweetie Belle said. “Really? You want to walk to school with me?” Thomas asked. “Mmhmm,” the fillies said in unison, then Thomas looked up at Fluttershy. “Can I go with them, Momma?” Thomas asked. “Well...” Fluttershy said, then she thought for a minute, suddenly she looked down at the four with a warm smile. “It’s alright with me, but as you stick together that’s fine.”

Thomas giggled happily, and then he hugged Fluttershy’s neck gently, until she hugged him back. After that, she gave Thomas his lunch and school bag, then she gave him a kiss on the forehead, “Have a good day, sweetie.”

“Thank you, Momma. I love you,” Thomas said. “I love you too, sweetheart,” Fluttershy said, then she gave him a kiss on the cheek, then he left the cottage and then saw Apple Bloom lower herself, “You can ride on my back, Thomas.” Thomas nodded, and then climbed onto her back. When he was ready, Thomas and the three fillies went off to school together.


While they were walking, Thomas felt a little worried. “Thomas, are you alright?” Apple Bloom asked. “We heard you ran away yesterday, and found out it was because of what those two said to ya the other day.”

“Yeah, we were really worried about you, Thomas. It was like we were never gonna see you again. But we’re glad you’re okay,” Sweetie Belle said. “I-Is Ms. Cheerilee m-mad at me f-f-for r-run-running away and not c-com-coming to school yes-yesterday? I’m s-s-scared t-to find out,” Thomas said, with anxiety. “Don’t worry, cutie. Ms. Cheerilee talked to Diamond Tiara and gave her a week of detention and then she decided to give your first day a second chance,” Sweetie Belle said, then Thomas smiled at her.

When they arrived at the schoolhouse, Thomas got off Apple Bloom’s back and then they walked over to Ms. Cheerilee, then after the girls went inside, Thomas spoke to the teacher, “Hi, Ms. Cheerilee.” Ms. Cheerilee turned around and saw Thomas, “Thomas! Welcome back, dear.” She suddenly saw him lower his head down with guilt, “Don’t worry, sweetheart. I’m not mad at you. I was really worried yesterday. But I’m glad you’re alright. Now, you four come take your seats. Thomas, if it’s okay, I’d like to talk to you after school again.” Thomas nodded, and then went inside the schoolhouse to take his seat. As they walked into the classroom, some of the fillies and colts waved at him and gave him smiles, the he waved and smiled back. When Ms. Cheerilee stepped inside she started her lesson.

In the back row, Diamond Tiara was angrily disgusted about Thomas’s return, ‘Ugh! That brat cost me everything! My allowance, my popularity, everything I treasure dear! Now I’ve got a whole week of detention! Oh, he’s so gonna get it after school today. It’s time I taught him to never mess with the wrong pony!’


After the bell rang for lunch, Thomas went with the girls and they ate lunch together. “What crusadin’ are y’all up to for today?!” Apple Bloom asked. “What if we got cutie marks of... um... I’ve got nothing,” Scootaloo said. “Me neither,” Sweetie Belle said. “I’m sure we’ll come up with something,” Thomas said. “Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Apple Bloom said. “Are you excited for Nightmare Night, by the way?”

“Oh, yes! I’m so excited!” Sweetie Belle said. “I bet it’s gonna be one heck of a time!” Scootaloo said. “What’re you goin’ as, Thomas?” Apple Bloom asked. “I’m not really sure,” Thomas said. “Don’t worry, buddy. I’m sure you’ll think of something,” Sweetie Belle said. “Thanks, Sweetie Belle. If I come up with an idea, I’ll ask Aunt Rarity to make it,” Thomas said. Suddenly the bell rang, and the four went back to class.


Later on, the rest of the class went by smoothly as the final bell rang for the school day to end. “Have a good night, kids. And remember about our next session for next week,” Ms. Cheerilee said. “Yes, Ms. Cheerilee,” the students said in unison, as they left one by one. “Ms. Cheerilee, you wanted to see me?” Thomas asked. “Yes, I do. Just wait there,” Ms. Cheerilee said. “We’ll wait for ya, Thomas,” Apple Bloom said, until Thomas replied with a nod.

When the class was quiet, Ms. Cheerilee came back inside and then walked over to his desk and looked at him, “Thomas, please don’t be upset. I’m not mad at you, sweetheart. You didn’t do anything wrong. But could you tell me why you ran away if she gave you trouble?”

Thomas gulped nervously and then he spoke, “I’m sorry for running away, Ms. Cheerilee! I was scared! I didn’t mean to!” My. Cheerilee rubbed his back and gave him a warm smile, “Oh, no, no, no. It’s alright, dear. You don’t have to apologize. It’s okay to be scared sometimes. But remember what I said, if Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon or anypony else says something rude to you, you can talk to me, and I’ll talk with them and your mother about it. Okay, sweetheart?” Thomas nodded, then hugged his teacher, “Thank you, Ms. Cheerilee. I promise I’ll come talk to you if that happens.”

“You’re welcome, sweetheart. Now run along, and I’ll see you on Monday,” Ms. Cheerilee said. “Okay, bye,” Thomas said, then he caught up with the Crusaders. However, he was nudged hard by Diamond Tiara, and it caused him to fall on the ground and drop his stuff. “Oops! Clumsy me!” Diamond Tiara said rudely, until Thomas whimpered.

The three fillies galloped over as they helped him up. “Are you alright, Thomas?” Apple Bloom asked, while Sweetie Belle helped with his school bag and brushed the dirt off his clothes. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom stepped forward and then eyed the two rotten fillies. “What is your problem, Diamond Tiara?! Thomas has never done anything to you or Silver Spoon!” Scootaloo said angrily. “Exactly! Why do you two have to be so mean to somepony like him?!” Apple Bloom asked angrily.

Diamond Tiara then scowled at them with anger and frustration, “This has nothing to do with you, blank flanks! Now, get out of my way!” She then walked over to Thomas and glared at him, then stomped her hoof on the ground causing him to shake nervously. “And as for you, you little runt! You cost me everything I’ve worked for! EVERYTHING that was precious to me taken away for a week! And you caused me and my friend a whole week of detention!”

“Please! Leave me alone!” Thomas said. “Please! Leave me alone! You are so pathetic!” Diamond Tiara said. “You’re not treating him fair! Just let him go!” Sweetie Belle said. “Who asked you, blank flank?! Huh?! Oh, yeah. No one did,” Diamond Tiara said, until Silver Spoon placed her hoof on her shoulder. “Diamond, please leave them alone. We’ve done enough. He just wants to leave,” she said. “Did I ask you to speak?!” Diamond Tiara asked harshly. “I’m warning you now, you little brat. If you ever try to do anything to get attention, you’re gonna be very sorry, meaning you’ll regret it when I catch you.”

Thomas whimpered as he heard Diamond’s hurtful warning, then Silver Spoon stood in front of her. “Let’s just go. They’re not really worth our time,” she said. “Who’s side are you on?!” Diamond Tiara asked. “Sorry. I’m not allowed to speak,” Silver Spoon said, closing Diamond’s jaw. Diamond Tiara growled and then yelled in frustration, then she ran off to her house.

The Crusaders and Thomas looked at Silver Spoon, “What? She lost her temper, that’s all.” She then looked down at Thomas, “You okay, little guy? Look, I know that I was mean to you too, but... I’m sorry. You’re just a kid, and I realized you were scared. I never should have treated you that way, and neither should Diamond. I’m also sorry for all the time the way we acted on you three and have put you through.”

She reached out her forehoof and rubbed his shoulder. Thomas smiled warmly and then gave Silver Spoon a hug with his arms wrapped around her neck and his head on her shoulder, “You did nothing wrong. I forgive you.“ Silver Spoon smiled warmly and then hugged him back, “I appreciate it, but I’ll keep an eye on her for you. For now, we’ll go separate ways.”

“If you want, you’re welcome to hang out with us anytime,” Apple Bloom said. “I know you’re a little bit of both like Diamond Tiara, but a little like us, because we recently saw you standing up for him. So I think you’re in good hooves.”

“Plus, that was really sweet of you. Sticking up for our friend,” Sweetie Belle said. “Thanks, and I’ll think about it,” Silver Spoon said. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some homework to do. You four take care now.” Silver Spoon then walked home.

“Thomas, that was really kinda nice of ya to stick up to Silver Spoon like that,” Apple Bloom said. “I just like to be nice to others who need kindness, but I learned to never stay mad at someone for so long. But if I stayed mad at someone for a long time, I would become a bully. I just don’t wanna be mean to anyone.” Thomas said.

“Thomas, I know you forgave Silver Spoon like that, and we’re glad. But I don’t know if Diamond Tiara will. She can be a bit aggressive,” Apple Bloom said. “You really have a big heart,” Sweetie Belle said, then Thomas smiled back at her.

When they made it to Ponyville, they saw Fluttershy come over. “Hi, sweetie. Hello, girls. How was school?” Fluttershy asked. “It was good. Good news: Silver Spoon stood up to Diamond Tiara and he forgave her!” Fluttershy gasped, then she gently lifted her son and held him against her chest for a hug, “I’m so proud of you, sweetie. You’re making new friends already. But what about Diamond Tiara?”

“She got angry and ran off,” Scootaloo said. “Thomas thinks something’s bothering her,” Sweetie Belle said. “But maybe we should give them some time. I know Diamond Tiara’s not the forgiving type, but I think we should leave this to Silver Spoon.” The girls nodded in agreement, then Thomas gave them a thumbs up.

“Thomas, I’m glad you made some new friends. That’s what we love about you,” Fluttershy said, then she hugged him again and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Come on. Let’s go home and make some dinner.” Thomas climbed over Fluttershy and then she and Thomas trotted home.


After a nice meal of soup and salad, Thomas got tired and was taken upstairs to bed, but they suddenly heard a knock on the door. Fluttershy went to it, and when she opened the door, Rarity was there. “Good evening, Rarity. What can I help you with?” Fluttershy asked. “Oh, nothing, darling. I just finished washing these pajamas and the sweatshirt for my darling little nephew. If he’s awake, could you give these to him?” Rarity said. “Of course I can. Thank you, and I’ll see you tomorrow,” Fluttershy said. “You’re welcome, Fluttershy. Goodnight, darling,” Rarity said, then she went home.

After Fluttershy went back upstairs, she gave the bag to Thomas. “Who was it, Momma?” Thomas asked. “It was your Auntie Rarity, and she washed these,” Fluttershy said. When Thomas opened the bag, he saw his starry pajamas and hoodie were washed and ready to be worn again, then he hugged her leg, then went to get changed in the bathroom. When he was done, Thomas came back and climbed up onto his bed. Fluttershy then came over and tucked him underneath the blankets, and gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Goodnight, sweetheart. I love you.”

“I love you too, Momma,” Thomas said, then Fluttershy left the room and let her son sleep. When Thomas was sleeping, the warmth of Princess Luna’s moon blanketed him and shone over the window.

PreviousChapters Next