• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 11,044 Views, 202 Comments

A Place in Equestria - GoebelTron



Fluttershy finds a 5-year old boy who lived in an orphanage with no memory of his family and no friends.

  • ...
6
 202
 11,044

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: Dark Dreams, Part 3/Thomas’s Sleepless Night

At 8:55 pm, Thomas was still asleep, but he suddenly woke up from another nightmare. He got out of bed and then saw the entire empire was being invaded by a huge dark thundercloud of ice and snow, and he saw another cloud, but it was black and wavy. Thomas went to go wake up his auntie.

“Auntie Starlight! Uncle Sunburst, wake up!” Thomas exclaimed. “Thomas? Thomas, calm down,” Starlight said, calming her nephew. “What’s wrong, honey? What’s going on?”

“It’s snowing... with a thundercloud! And King Sombra’s part of it!” Thomas said. “Oh no... Sunburst?” Starlight looked at her coltfriend with concern. “We better head over to the castle, fast!” Sunburst said, and after they all packed up their bags and put on their winter gear, and Thomas’s winter gear was a cute navy blue winter jacket, a midnight green patterned winter hat with a black yarn ball, and a bluish gray scarf and mittens. After Sunburst locked the door, they walked out and started to make their way to the castle, until they saw Shining Armor standing there. “Achoo!” Thomas sneezed, and he covered himself up to keep himself warm.

“Don’t worry, honey. We’re almost there,” Starlight said. “Glad I found you all! Looks like the storm’s gonna get worse,” Shining Armor said. “It’s actually King Sombra’s doing,” Starlight said. “HERE HE COMES!” Thomas screamed. “This way!” Shining Armor said, as they followed him to the palace, and then they quickly got inside and locked the door.

Thomas was still shivering until he sneezed again. “W-W-Wh-Where’s-s-s M-Mom-M-Momma?” He asked while shivering. “Starlight? Is that you?” Twilight asked. “Sorry, Twilight. I know we were supposed to protect him, but Sombra kinda got in the way,” Starlight said, holding Thomas against her chest. Fluttershy suddenly saw him freezing as Starlight brought him over. “Momma! I’m so sorry!” Thomas said, hugging her chest. “Aww... you don’t need to apologize, sweetheart. You’re just fine,” Fluttershy said, holding her son against her chest and rubbing her back. “Why don’t we all sit by the fire and have some hot cocoa?” Twilight asked. They all replied in agreement and then they got themselves some cups of hot cocoa and sat by the warm fire. Sunburst told everypony about himself later on, and then Fluttershy took Thomas to bed.

After he was tucked underneath the blankets and curled up on the bed with his head laid on a pillow, Fluttershy gave him a kiss on the cheek and then left the room.


Later on, during the night, Thomas was still sleeping, but he suddenly got cold and then woke up and saw the entire kingdom covered in darkness and snow. He saw Sombra coming for him, and then started running around the hall as the evil king started to chase him down, and until he was trapped, Thomas suddenly saw the king transform into his pony form and then he blasted him with his dark magic. Thomas suddenly woke up screaming, and then he suddenly got up and went to find his mother, but he saw another door open.

In Cadance and Shining Armor’s bedroom, they were having some time to themselves. “Has Mommy’s brave stallion been naughty? Hmm?” Cadance asked, stroking her husband’s mane. “Indeed. I’ll always be there to watch your back,” Shining Armor said. “Good. But I’m still a little worried about our daughter’s ceremony. Do you think it’ll go well?” Cadance asked. “Relax. Flurry Heart will be fine, as long as Twily and the others will be there. Now, how about if I show you how brave I can be?” Shining Armor said. “Oh, you big old hunk muffin of a royal guard, you...” Cadance said, until they were interrupted by a presence. “Princess Cadance...” Thomas’s voice said. They both turned around and saw Thomas hugging his teddy bear close to his face and saw his sad eyes leaking tears and his lips quivering.

“Thomas...” Cadance said. “Uh oh...” Shining Armor said. Cadance got up and walked over to him, until he hugged her foreleg, “What happened, sweetheart? Are you okay?” Thomas looked up at her and then spoke, “H-H-He w-w-wanted t-t-to h-hurt m-m-me!” Thomas buried his face in her foreleg, until Cadance held him in one foreleg and brought him closer to her chest and he then placed his hands on her and softly stroked her fur, as he then pressed his cheek on her chest and buried his face in his arm. “Shhhhhh... it’s okay, sweetie. It’s okay. Shhhhhh... I’m right here,” she said softly as he continued to hug her. “Can I sleep with you, if it’s okay with you?” Thomas asked. “Of course, sweetheart. You’re more than welcome to,” Cadance replied sweetly, and then she brought him over to their bed and placed him next to Shining Armor so she can climb back into the bed, and then she went back to sleep, and Shining Armor did as well.

Thomas then scooted over to Cadance and curled himself up against her chest and then went back to sleep. Cadance looked at him nuzzled with her chest fur and hugging his teddy bear too, then she smiled warmly at him and gave him a kiss on the top of his head, and then wrapped her foreleg around him and then went back to sleep.

“Princess Cadance? Before we go back to sleep again... Are we gonna be okay? I’m scared,” Thomas said. “Shhhhhh... don’t worry, sweetie. Just go to sleep and everything will be fine in the morning,” Cadance said, then she kissed him again and then they both went back to sleep.

PreviousChapters Next