• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 2,071 Views, 56 Comments

Sweet Remedies - Ratchetgreen



When spike visits rarity he gets the job offer he cannot refuse

  • ...
8
 56
 2,071

Under My Skin-Edited

Sweet Remedies

By Ratchetgreen


Chapter Two: Under My Skin



Spike stood there as Sweetie squeezed her hooves around him. she was obviously happy to see the young Drake. She let go of Spike, blushing slightly.

"I'm sorry Spike, but it has been too long, and I never got to thank you for what you did." Spike smiled modestly. last he saw Sweetie Belle, she was preforming for the the school.

"Come on Sweetie, I just played the piano. I didn't really do much."

Sweetie laughed "Without you I never would have gotten my cutie mark! without YOUR help diamond tiara would still be making fun of me! I have to say, you did more for me than Featherweight ever has!"

Rarity saw that this conversation was going nowhere. She needed Spike to do her a huge favor, and these conversations could wait. "Spike, I'd hate to break up this reunion, but I was hoping you could do me and Sweetie a huge favor." Rarity batted her eyes knowing that would seal the deal. "It would mean SO much to me."

Spike turned away from Rarity, knowing he couldn’t resist a chance to assist the most beautiful pony in the world, but something hit his mind: Why would this request involve Sweetie Belle?

“Fine”, spike grumbled. both Rarity and Sweetie hugged Spike, turning him a bright shade of red. "Thank you, Spike!" the mares cried in unison.

"Okay – okay, before you girls suffocate me!” (though I wouldn't mind having- whoa, hold your horses Spike, lets stop this before I turn into a red dragon)

"Well Spike, tomorrow Sweetie will be flying off to perform in Las Pegasus for a week, and she needs a 'strong and handsome dragon' to keep those filthy ponies off her lovely head."

"Don't you think you're overreacting, sis?" sweetie said "I mean, how bad can Las Pegasus be?"

Spike looked at sweetie with a dead serious face. "I went there once for my last birthday. I was solicited by female griffons, had all my bits stolen by a homeless earth pony, then I woke up in a hotel wearing an ‘I heart Las Pegasus’ shirt covered in hard cider and two griffon harlots snuggled next me."

Both Rarity and Sweetie could not even fathom the words coming from Spike. They were both speechless. The only words spoken were
"What happens in Las Pegasus stays in Las Pegasus."

"I swear on Celestia one of those griffons was Gilda." Said the purple dragon, finally breaking the silence, Spike finally cut to the chase.

"So you want me to be Sweetie and Featherweight's bodyguard in a city where Celestia’s sun don't shine."

"Spike, first: Watch your language, second: Yes, but I'm afraid her coltfriend will not be attending this trip. It's just her and the staff, but you are her personal guard. I trust only you with this job. So tell me, Spike. Do you accept?"

If Spike never felt pride, he was feeling it now as Rarity trusted him. "That's close to love in my book”, spike thought.

"Rarity, you give no choice but to gladly accept this honor." Spike said, bowing before both mares. "Then it's settled! Spike is my bodyguard! But, uh.. You'll need something to wear."
Sweetie said with a devious tone.

"Sweetie, you did not just-" and in a flash Spike was dragged into a dressing room, ready to be fitted.

Spike took a mental note to put hard cider in Sweetie’s coffee, as he was dragged to Rarity's own little Tartarus of fabrics.

"Again, plot revenge on Sweetie" he said to himself. Rarity worked her magic around Spike, she had definitely gotten better at dressmaking.

As if in a matter of seconds, Spike was dressed. "Do you actually expect me to wear this, Rarity?" spike grumbled.

"No, I do not expect you to, I KNOW you will. You must look like a professional bodyguard. I know that city is sure to have bright lights and inviting sites, but Las Vegasus truly is a city of discord."

"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow then." Spike said as he walked back to Twilight's library


*** *** ***


That evening, Twilight Sparkle prepared Spike for what may come ahead.
"Twilight, honestly, what kind of trouble are you expecting me face? Really, it's probably just some crazy fans. I don't see why you're doing this."

The unicorn looked at her number one assistant with motherly worry. She knew how bad Las Pegasus is, and the thought of him spending a week there directly in the center of chaos filled the unicorn’s mind with feelings of distress, and Celestia damn it, she could never forgive herself if she did not do everything she could to help Spike.

"Twilight I know you're worried, but I can take care of myself!" Spike smiled, trying to comfort his mother-figure as best he could.

"Spike, please try to understand why I am worried." knowing that this was a fruitless effort, Spike allowed Twilight to continue as she handed him something quite unlike her to own.

"T-twilight! what the hay is this?" spike sputtered, unable to believe his eyes.

"This, Spike, is what you get when combining earth pony engineering and unicorn magic." Twilight said sternly as she handed spike two pistols resembling Celestia and Luna


"Wh-what? Twilight when did you get these- no WHERE did you get these?"

"Never hurts to have a little extra power in your arsenal" Twilight answered.

Twilight sent Spike to bed, knowing that she had done all she can to prepare for him for the city of sin.

That night, Spike slept with a warm feeling in his heart, as if Celestia's sun shined within him.


Authors Notes: School starts tomorrow, so I will try to finish this. I'm sorry I could not reach 1,000 words. Regardless, I hope you enjoy!
Once again thank you to my Pre reader for making my story readable many thanks