• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 2,070 Views, 56 Comments

Sweet Remedies - Ratchetgreen



When spike visits rarity he gets the job offer he cannot refuse

  • ...
8
 56
 2,070

Reunion-Edited

Sweet Remedies
By Ratchetgreen

Chapter One: Reunion, Special thanks to RVB501 for adding proper punctuation

Ask any pony in Ponyville, and they will tell what they know about dragons: "They're scary". Even after eleven years with a dragon in their midst. Ponies fear dragons, so it was only natural for them to avoid Spike. Like most dangerous creatures who are kept as pets, they are only kept until they stopped being cute. Spike was now as tall as a normal earth pony, but even with his intelligence and well-behaved manners, he is still vilified. Though in reality, Spike wouldn't hurt a parasprite - let alone the ponies who not only fear him for his draconic appearance, but the power and influence he had. With the snap of his claw he could have some pony sent to the moon! Or that's what the rumors say. Despite the insults and rumors, Spike just carried on like always.

Yep, today is a normal day for Spike the dragon. Help twilight, work at Sweet Apple Acres, relax at the town center, and back at the library. That was Spike's routine, day after day. What more could there be? Little did he know, that was all about to change as he arrived at Sweet Apple Acres.

"Spike, ah think you earned yerself a day off." Applejack said very bluntly to Spike, much to his surprise. "Are you sure? I can-" before Spike could finish, Applejack told him that he's overworked. "I'll still pay ya, Spike. But y'all need to rest, me an Big Mac ain't got much work, so consider this as a thank-you from the Apple Family."
And with that, Spike left.

"Wow, it seems as if working was my life to AJ. Oh well, I wonder if Rarity is too busy to see an old friend."

It had been ages since Spike last saw his beloved unicorn. Ever since she made a deal with Hoity Toity and Sapphire Shores, she's been too busy for him or any of her friends. But she's in Ponyville, so a visit would at least be nice.

As Spike walked down to Rarity's home, he reminisced about his 13th birthday, how he took up a job with Applejack to pay for Twilight's medical bills when she took ill. He would have continued on his thoughts if reality hadn't literally crashed into him. Spike dusted himself off. And who should crash into him? None other than Scootaloo. "Sorry Spike! I guess I didn't see you there!" The orange pegasus said in a light chuckle. "It's okay, but what's the rush?" Spike replied, curious as to what would possess her to be in such a hurry.

"Miss Cheer- I mean Mom wanted me to teach today." Spike apologized and went on his way. As he neared the Carousel Boutique, he saw her at the door. Waiting as if she knew he would be there.
"Spike, darling! What a pleasant surprise! Though in hindsight, I knew you would Be here."

"Hello to you too, Rarity!" Spike said jokingly, though he was a little hurt. All this time, and thats all Rarity could say? But really, what was he expecting? A kiss? "Won't you come in, Spike?" Rarity gestured towards her home. Spike was more than happy to oblige. Maybe this was his chance! Maybe he will win Rarity's heart! maybe- Before Spike could finish, a familiar voice called his name In excitement.

"SPIKE! IS THAT YOU?" Spike smiled, recognizing the voice crack that he knew all too well.


Authors notes: This is my first pony fanfiction. I’ve written stories before, just not fanfiction. Anyways, I hope that I leave you with something special. Also, most chapters will be song titles from the swing era of music. Enjoy!