• Published 4th Aug 2020
  • 1,259 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks - Taionia05

  • ...
6
 19
 1,259

Chapter 3: Back at CHS

In Equestria, the earth-ponies, pegasi, and unicorns lived peaceful and carefree lives and at the beach far away from Ponyville, a lavender alicorn named Twilight Sparkle and her multiple amount of friends like Sonic, Tails, Crash, Coco, Knuckles, Amy, Sally, & the rest of the Mane 5. When Twilight walked out of the house, a Parakoopa flew up to Twilight with a book in his hands.

“Are you Princess Twilight Sparkle?” The mail deliver asked as he handed the book to Twilight.

“You don’t have to call me ‘Princess’ Twilight Sparkle and yeah that’s me what’s your name?” Twilight asked the parakoopa.

“Oh right! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Parakarry, I’m a mail delivery of the Mushroom Kingdom and since this isn’t the Mushroom Kingdom, I’m helping the mail delivering service here as well Miss.” the parakoopa named Parakarry told Twilight before he left.

Twilight looked at the book she was given by Parakarry and then the book began vibrating and glowed purple everything it vibrated. Twilight slowly opened the book and saw words being written in real time as Sunset was telling Twilight about the Dazzlings, then the other overheard Twilight and also looked at the book as Twilight was reading the words from it.

“What kind of book is that Twi?” Coco asked the lavender alicorn.

“It’s a book from my friends at this school from another dimension and it seems like they need my help, but what could it be?” Twilight questioned herself and turned around to her friends. “Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and you too Spike, I need you guys for this one again.” Twilight told as they looked back at her very eagerly and nodded back at her at Twilight teleported back to Ponyville.

“Well while they’re gone, let’s go read the author’s first ever fanfic he wrote.” Sally said as she pulled out a book and began to read it.


Back at Ponyville and in the Golden Oak Library, Twilight reappeared back into her house with Spike, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy as Twilight walked over the the book shelf.

“I’m so excited about this you guys!” Spike said, barely containing his excitement. “I might be a dog, but I can get special treats from Rarity.” Spike said, then he saw Amy looking at him with a smug face, then he quickly said, “A-and meet our old friends as well.” the dragon assistant nervously chuckled as he rubbed his finger on his head.

“I hope they did so much better after we left.” Amy asked.

“Maybe Sunset became friendly and made some new friends in the process?” Sonic answered.

“I don’t know about the Sonic, she might have changed, but it will take a lot of forgiving to do and I doubt they will still forgive her after all the things she did to them.” Knuckles told Sonic as he crossed his arms.

Before anyone could saying anything, Twilight pulled a book and she pushed a newly unlocked door and Spike, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy followed Twilight downstairs, leading into her secret lab with potions, steampunk gears, and other stuff as well. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy looked in awe to see this hidden room and got a closer look at Twilight’s other research, then they saw the mirror they went through before back in Canterlot.

“Hey Twilight?” Knuckles asked, “Why is this mirror here instead of the castle.”

“Well Cadence gave it to me when we came back and I put it here to see if I can go back.” Twilight answered the red echidna. “But I also wanted to tell you guys about the girls Sunset was talking about and how it the sirens.”

Everyone looked at each and said “The Sirens?” At the same time.

“The sirens were three beautiful but dangerous creatures who had the power to charm ponies with their music. But to maintain this power, they had to feed on the negativity and distrust of others. The more of this negative energy they consumed, the stronger their voices became, and the farther they could spread their dark magic.”

“They use their singing voices to charm ponies and cause them to act negative with each other, then feed off the negativity energy and the more they consume, the stronger they get.” Tails said to himself.

“If the sirens had their way, they would have divided and conquered all of Equestria. But a certain Star Swirl the Bearded wasn't having it. Rumor has it he found a way to banish them to another world – one where he believed their magic power would be lost. That world must have been the one where my Canterlot High friends live.”

“But was that a long time ago? How come this is just happenin’ now?” Sonic asked.

“Maybe they were feeding on the negative energy and that what keeping them alive.” Twilight theorized.

“Hate to break it to you Twi, but we can’t get to our Canterlot High friends because the connection is lost and how did Sunset get a message from you?” Amy asked Twilight, who quickly hugged Amy tight calling her a genius and grabbed Tails and zipped off to the mirror with machines and in just one minute, they already upgraded the mirror with the machine. On the top, two electrical poles sit on opposite ends with a familiar looking emblem holding it, and a large metal leaver holding the emblem and at the bottom, a golden metal case surrounds the bottom of the mirror.

“...And the interval between the two points is defined as the square root of the sum of the squares of the separation between the points along three spatial dimensions.” Twilight and Tails said at the same time, but they didn’t understand a single word they just said.

Twilight let out a big sigh and rolled her eyes annoyed.

“We’re going to put the magic from the book...” Twilight responded as she levitated the book and onto the emblem, then it glowed and a purple sheet moved through the a scroller and the mirror was showing a swirling purple portal. “...And into the crystal mirror.” Twilight finished.

“I’m so ready for this!” Sonic said as he was running in place as his feet were in a figure 8 motion.

“Me too!” Twilight said as she and the other nodded in agreement.

Twilight, Spike, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy stood in place for a few seconds into the portal with Sonic going in first and the others followed suit and in the mirror as they spin with sparkle trail behind them.


Back at CHS, Rarity was painting Fluttershy’s nails, Vector was still listening to his music, Sunset was writing in a different notebook, Rainbow threw the soccer ball back and forth, Cream, Cheese, and Ray played tag, Espio and Shadow stood next to the statue with their eyes closed, and Applejack, Pinkie, Charmy, Mighty, and Rouge played with card with Applejack throw out her ace cards, then Pinkie threw out the joker cards with a sly smug grin with the other confused.

Rainbow sigh a said, “I’m starting to think they’re not coming.” As she said that, Sonic appeared from the mirror with a new look and skidded his feet across the ground and waved his finger at Sunset and the others.

“Hey guys, did ya miss me?” Sonic asked them, but before they could answer, Twilight, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy came out flying at the blue hedgehog and knocking him down to the ground.

“Well that was quite the entrance I’ve seen before.” Rouge stated as Cream and Mighty ran up to them to help them up on their feet.

As Mighty and Cream helped Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, Sunset put her hand out for Twilight and Sonic and while Sonic didn’t hesitate, Twilight did as the two did say anything to each other.

“Thanks Sunset.” Sonic said as he smiled at Sunset, who turned a little bit red and looked away nervously. Sonic helped Twilight up and once they got back up, everyone ran up and gave them a group hug (with the exception being Shadow and Espio).

“And I've got some bad news about those new girls.” Twilight said to her CHS friends as they began to worry, but their attention was caught because of Charmy’s stomach growling.

“Can we talk about this at Sweet Shoppe, I’m starting to get really hungry!” Charmy complained.

“But didn’t ya just eat before in the cafeteria?” Applejack asked the young bee and he responded by shaking his head.

“Well then I guess we’ll go there now I suppose.” Amy said as they began walked to Sweet Shoppe.


At Sweet Shoppe, Charmy and Pinkie were telling Mr. and Mrs. Cake their order while Twilight and the others sat at their table discussing about the Dazzlings.

“Oh, I do hate that you had to return at a time of crisis. There's so much catching up to do!” Rarity said to Twilight, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

“For starters, a certain blue-haired guitar player was just askin' about you.” Applejack said to Twilight, who sprung up excitedly.

“Flash Sentry was asking about me?!” Twilight excitedly replied as she played in her hair while blushing about Flash, but she looked around her to see Rarity, Sonic, Tails, Rouge, Pinkie, and Sunset giving her smug looks. “Isn't that nice?“ Twilight said nervously as she began to sip up her milkshake.

“Did anything exciting happened in your world Twilight?” Cream asked Twilight as she and Cheese gave her adorable smiles.

“She's got an official title now.” Spike said as he began imitating a fanfare. “The Princess of Friendship!” Spike finished as he pointed at Twilight, who smiled nervously.

“Wow, that's really impressive. Guess you really were Princess Celestia's prized pupil.” Sunset said as she rubbed her arm and nervously smiled too.

“We were also on an adventure and met Crash Bandicoot and his sister Coco.” Sonic said with his hands behind his head.

“You guys have the coolest adventures ever!” Vector told Sonic, who gave him a smile back.

“I wouldn’t call the ‘coolest’ because of near death situations.” Knuckles said as rub while he remembered Twilight, Sonic, and Rainbow Dash knocked out unconscious, losing their abilities to Starlight Glimmer, and Metallix. “B-But what about you guys, did anything happen beside the whole school suddenly arguing and singling themselves like before.” Knuckles said as the others eyes shrunk and Knuckles quickly realized what he just said. “Sorry Sunset, I didn’t mean to-“ Knuckles said, but he was interrupted by Sunset.

“None taken. I’m used to it.” Sunset smiled as she looked outside the window.

“Smooth moves Knucklehead.” Sonic hushed at Knuckles.

“Well what Knuckles was asking was this?” Rainbow said as she showed Twilight a video of Rainbow, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie growing pony ears and longer hair. “Pretty sweet, huh? It happens to all of us when we play.” Rainbow asked.

“But it doesn’t happen to us apparently?” Rouge added.

“Hmm. My crown was returned to Equestria, but some of its magic must have remained here at Canterlot High. Now that we're all back together, we can use that magic on the sirens. Just like when we were able to use it on Sunset Shimmer when she turned into that horrifyingly awful winged monster!” Twilight said, but after realizing what she said, she turned to Sunset and said, “No offense.”

“None taken. Again. That four in one day.” Sunset smiled again while playfully rolled her eyes.

“They'll never even know what hit 'em!” Rainbow shouted as she began performing various fighting moves and made karate noises and she almost hit Espio, but he caught it just in time.

“We don’t have it worry anymore now that you little heroes are here.” Rouge said as she wink at Twilight, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

“Oh, I'm pretty sure I could find something to worry about. But it won't be the sirens.” Fluttershy said joyfully as she hugged Spike tighter.

“The sooner we do this, the better. Any idea where the Dazzlings might be?” Twilight asked, but turned to her side because of Pinkie and Charmy siping up her milkshake.

“There's a big party tonight for all the bands who signed up to be in the showcase! That would include the Dazzlings.” Pinkie and Charmy said simultaneously.

“Well it sounds like there’s a party to crash.” Sonic said as Pinkie squee in excitement.

Author's Note:

“Oh my goodness” did Taionia put in that second story and it wasn’t that great, you should be ashamed of yourself!” Some mean reader yelled.

Okay yeah putting Twilight’s Big Adventure in here was something I didn’t want to put in, but I didn’t want to retcon my timeline so I had no choice put to and it barely have any to do in the story and plus when I was making that story, I knew it was going to be a bad idea anyway :facehoof:

Anyway Sunset get told of her past mistakes by her friends and they apologized four times in one day, way to treat her like a friend guys!