• Published 4th Aug 2020
  • 1,245 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks - Taionia05

  • ...
6
 19
 1,245

Chapter 7: Awesome as I don’t wanna be!

In the gym, Vice Principal Luna crossed out Flash Sentry’s band after losing to the Dazzlings as they were now in the finals. The Vice Principal moved aside for Flash to see that he was eliminated from the competition, causing he to groan angrily and storm out of the gym as his two other bandmates look at him with upsetting looks as he left.


Meanwhile backstage, Sunset and the Chaos Rainbooms were discussing about the competition while Shadow was also listening with his arms crossed.

“This is it! Last round and you're in the finals!” Sunset told the Chaos Rainbooms as they were more encouraged than ever, then she looked over to Twilight and asked, “Unless you think the counter-spell is ready to be played now.”

Twilight holds the tight and looked down and uneasy, then Espio put his hand on her shoulder and said, “Don’t get too frightened and overwhelmed Twilight, the finals won’t be ready until tonight and we practice as much as we can and we promise to not let you down!” the purple chameleon said as the rest of the Chaos Rainbooms agreed, but Twilight moved Espio’s arm away from her and looked down on herself again as Sunset knows that Twilight doesn’t want to let her friends down.

“Do you guys have another spot for your band?” Shadow asked, which caused everyone to looked surprised.

“What are you saying Shadow?” Amy asked Shadow as his arms were now uncrossed and he had a small smile on his face.

“I’m saying that I wish to be a member of this band.” the black hedgehog replied as Rouge handed him a red and black guitar.

“But why now out of all the other times?!” Rarity annoyingly questioned.

Shadow simply answers by saying, “Sitting on the benches while the others do all the work is something I don’t want to go on, so you know what some may say, the more, the merrier.”

“Looks like you’re showing a bit of your soft side Shadow.” Fluttershy quietly said and quickly hid her face in her hair expecting him to become upset at her, but she took a peek and Shadow wasn’t upset at her as she took some deep breath.

“Well since Shadow joined, how ‘bout you Sunset Shimmer?” Mighty asked Sunset as she was about to say yes, but she can’t help remembering what Aria said to her.

“Just face it bacon hair, nobody wants to see you guys play if you were up there!” Aria said in Sunset’s flashback.

“No thanks, I rather watch you guys save the day, don’t want to hold you guys back.” Sunset quickly lied and nervously chuckled.

“I was just wondering. We haven't played any of our songs yet, and...” Cream asked Rainbow, but Rainbow stopped her before she could say more.

“It’s the semi-finals Cream. We gotta do ‘Awesome As I Wanna Be’!” Rainbow said

Cream was in lost for words and was about to say something, but she couldn’t and just gave Dash a ‘hold up’ expression.


A few minutes on front-stage, Trixie and the Illusions have already finished their performance and the audience cheered and clapped for her (to Trixie at least), including Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna as Trixie’s guitar pic was tossed on the sisters papers.

“That was fantastic!” Principal Celestia applauds as the lights turned back on and Trixie and the Illusions were about to go backstage until they saw the Chaos Rainbooms as they were about to perform too.

“Hmph. You're never gonna top that performance, ‘Rain-goons’. You shouldn't be allowed to when you have such a big advantage over the rest of us.” Trixie rudely said to Rainbow Dash and the rest of the Chaos Rainbooms.

“My superior guitar playing and off-the-charts awesome singing voice?” Rainbow bragged as Applejack, Vector, Cream, and Rarity rolled their eyes.

“Oh, don't be ridiculous. Your ‘superior’ guitar playing is comparable to a low-level hero! And don’t even get me started with that singing, ugh!” Trixie taunting, causing Rainbow to shoot her with a glaring look, but Trixie brushed it off and said, “I mean them!” the magician girl pointed at Twilight, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy with Twilight’s cheeks turning red as she began to rub her hair while Sonic just chuckled cheekily. “You can’t bring some magical using heroes just win the Battle of the Bands.”

“Ha! Puh-leeze Trixie! Don’t be such a lame-o about it! I could win this thing as a solo act and everybody knows it!” Rainbow blurted out as the rest of Chaos Rainbooms we’re stunned to here what Rainbow just said.

Trixie scoffs and before leaving, she said, “Don’t be such a lame-o about it. Looks like you’ve already did it yourself.” Trixie throws a smoke bomb, creating smoke as the Chaos Rainbooms coughed as cleared the smoke away, but after they successfully cleared the room, she disappeared right in front of them.

“OH MY GOSH!” Charmy shouted as his hand were placed on the side of his face, but it quickly faded when Charmy literally spotted near the drum.

Next up, the Rainbooms. said Principal Celestia through the inner-com.

“Knock 'em dead, Rainbooms!” Spike told the Chaos Rainbooms as they headed on stage while Spike, Twilight, and Sunset were standing near the double doors.


Later, the Chaos Rainbooms were about to perform “Awesome As I Wanna Be”

[Awesome As I Wanna Be]

[The Chaos Rainbooms]
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

The song begins with the drummers beating on the drums, the guitarists played, and the others played along while Cream was bitter at Rainbow for before and Cheese emotion ball formed a yellow twister, meaning he was upset.

[Rainbow Dash]
Awesome as I wanna be

[Chaos Rainbooms]
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

[Rainbow]
Awesome as I wanna be
First you see me riding on a sonic boom
Got my guitar shreddin' up my latest tune
There is nothin' you can do to beat me
I'm so good that you can't defeat me

Rainbow sang as she slid to Tails and hopped up, catching him off guard and began playing away without seeing Tails roll his eyes. Rainbow surprised Applejack, Knuckles, and Vector as they were trying to do their best and just glared at her and as Rainbow went back to her microphone singing past Rarity, Rouge, and Ray with Rarity and Rouge didn’t look at Dash and looked a bit annoyed and Ray sighing and was a bit worried. Sonic had smile on his face and began to sing next to Rainbow side-by-side together, kinda like a mini competition.

[Rainbow, Sonic, and the Chaos Rainbooms]
Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution
Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be
(Yeah!) I'm awesome, take caution
Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be

Both Rainbow and Sonic jumped in air with the blue hedgehog playing the guitar upside for a few seconds, then the lights went out, then on again showing the two back on the stage, but playing their guitars in a different position, then again, but Rainbow swinging her hair off her face as sweats droplets flew off and Sonic gave Rainbow a grin, and so did she and they played their guitars next to each other while Pinkie, Charmy, and Amy were bored and began to space out. Rainbow and Sonic hoped forward towards the two principals and all the lights were now on them.

[Chaos Rainbooms]
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

The rest of the Chaos Rainbooms were annoyed at both Rainbow and Sonic for trying to take the performance as a duo and suddenly, Rainbow’s hair began to glow and Shadow tried to get her attention, but Rainbow nor Sonic heard them and Sunset started to panic for a brief moment and without hesitation, tackled both Sonic and Rainbow, causing them to knock Tails down on the floor, then leading to Rarity to hit Vector and Rouge, as the crocodile fell down on Applejack, Knuckles, and Mighty, Applejack bass guitar fell away from her and bounce off of Charmy’s head as he began to see star circling around him and he fell down on the floor unconscious.

The gym lights turned on and the music stopped and Fluttershy quickly ran backstage with her face covered and Espio turned invisible and snuck backstage too. As Rainbow got up, the glowing spot on her hair faded out and gave Sunset a harsh look. The Chaos Rainbooms helped each other up and Vector picked up Charmy over shoulder. Sunset looked at the two principals and they weren’t too thrilled to see what Sunset just did to the Chaos Rainbooms performance.

“Now that's the bad girl we love to hate!” Flash called out as the other students began jeering at Sunset.

“I knew she was still trouble!” Octavia added, causing Sunset’s face to turn bright red and looked at the others with Cream’s pouting at her and grabbed ahold of Cheese; Pinkie and Ray looked at her with frowns; and the rest not turning their backs to Sunset.

“No. It...” Sunset stopped herself and followed the Chaos Rainbooms backstage and from the seating area, the Dazzling giggled at each other, then they held on their necklaces as they felt a tiny bit of the negative energy.

“Looks like they’ve almost reaches their breaking point girls.” Adagio said to Aria and Sonata as their eyes glowed red and reverted back to normal and smiled menacingly.

Author's Note:

Well their performance was a complete disaster and now Sunset is seen as more of old self to the others students and her friends aren’t too happy with her either and just when things went almost great.

Fun Fact: The part when Trixie “disappeared” and when Charmy says “OH MY GOSH!” is a reference to JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders when Joseph Joestar says “OH MY GOD!”