• Published 4th Aug 2020
  • 1,245 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks - Taionia05

  • ...
6
 19
 1,245

Chapter 1: Meet the New Students

“Hey man. Remember how crazy this year Fall Formal was!” Bulk Biceps asked Flash Sentry.

“Well not much?” Flash admitted as he rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. “A raging she-demon and a metal dragon was not what I was expecting in a hundred years!” Flash responded as the two walked into the school building.

Inside the school, students in different groups chattered in the hallway and some students were walking towards the gym and in the gym, students were painting banners and creating unique designs. Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were painting on their banners, but Sweetie’s paintbrush was taken by Sunset Shimmer.

“Can I help?” She asked

“No thanks, we’re good.” Applebloom responded

“The three of us already got this.” Scootaloo added, making Sunset upset.

“So can I have my paintbrush back?” Sweetie Belle asked as Sunset quickly gave it back.

“Hey Sunset! Over here!” two voices called to her and it was both Pinkie Pie and Charmy waving at her and alongside with them are Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Cream & Cheese, Rouge, and the Chaotix.

Sunset shyly smile at them and walked towards them, but everyone gave her mean looks at her, but they didn’t say anything to her, making her feel even worse for what she did.

“I wasn’t expecting everyone to be her...” Sunset signed as she crossed her arms.

“Why wouldn’t they be here? Today the “Battle of the Bands”!” Rainbow told Sunset

“Quite the eye-catching advertisement, if I do say so myself.” Rarity said as she and Pinkie were holding their banner.

“And I used frosting instead of paste.” Pinkie added.

“It does?” Fluttershy asked as she was sniffing the banner, only for Pinkie to put it in her face and when she moved it away from Fluttershy, her entire face was covered in frosting.

“Hey Fluttershy?” Rouge asked. “There’s a little bit of frosting on your face there.”

Fluttershy got a tiny bit of frosting from her face and wiped it off, then asked, “Did I get it?” Rouge playfully giggled as Cheese helped get the frosting off of her.

“Good afternoon, students.” Principal Celestia said to the students. “I just wanted to tell you all how pleased I am that so many of you are going to participate in the first ever Canterlot High School Musical Showcase!” The principal added as they cheered. “This is a wonderful opportunity to raise money for all our after-school programs here at CHS. So keep working on those signs and posters. I think it's going to be one of the most exciting events we've had at CHS since the Fall Formal.” Celestia finished.

The students didn’t cheer, but they instead glare at Sunset Shimmer from the previous Fall Formal incident, causing her to hid in her knees as the other looked concerned.

Meanwhile in the band room, they were practicing their instruments, except Sunset as she sat down and felt horrible.

“Ugh! I am never gonna live that down.” Sunset said.

“Well you did broke us apart from each other.” Ray replied as he pat Sunset on the back.

“And turned into a raging she-demon.” Fluttershy added.

“And tried to turn everyone here into teenage zombies for your own personal army and take over a different dimension.” Pinkie also added.

“Oh, darling, you have us, and we've forgiven you for your past... *ahem* booboos.” Rarity responded to Sunset, but she was still upset about herself.

“Not Shadow though.” Sunset told Rarity. “He’s the one more upset at me, I just wish I could make it up to him.”

“Shadow is hard to talk to consider how distant he is to others.” Espio told Sunset.

“I know him longer than anyone else and even though he might hide it, he has a soft spot and he will forgive you, it’ll just take a for him to realize.” Rouge responded.

“Now let’s start rehearsal everyone.” Vector said as they began.

While they were practicing, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack suddenly grew pony ears and tails, causing the others looked both shocked and amazed as they continued rehearsal, but after they got finished, the pony ears and tails suddenly vanished as Sunset was a bit confused to why it happened just now.

“That was super cool!” Charmy

“How did you girls did that?!” Mighty asked the five of them.

“I don’t know, but they looked super cool on us!” Rainbow replied.

“But didn’t Twilight took the magic back with her crown back to Equestria?” Applejack asked and shortly after, Flash was knocking on the doors.

“Sorry if I’m interrupting your rehearsal, but it sounds amazing and you guys have knocked it out of the park.” Flash said.

“Thanks Flash!” Charmy replied as he flew up to Flash to give him a high five.

“Uh, we're getting there. Rarity and Rouge’s still coming in a little late on the second verse, and Applejack's bass solo could use a little work.” Rainbow told Flash as Applejack frowned at her. “Plus Cream and Cheese’s back up lines are a bit too quiet for anyone to hear, but we’re getting there.” Dash added.

“Uh, I don't suppose any of our friends from, uh... out of town might come? Uh, it being a special charity event and all.” Flash asked.

“Hate to break it to ya’, but I don’t think Twilight, Sonic and the other aren’t coming back anytime soon.” Rouge responded.

Flash nervously chuckled and said, “Oh, yeah. Okay. I just, you know, thought I'd ask. Uh, k-keep on rockin' it.” he said as he was about to leave, then turned around and asked them another question. “So is Shadow joining your band?”

“Nope!” Rainbow simply answered. “That guy’s never around for things like this and I’ll doubt he’ll even join.” Rainbow crossed her arms as Flash left the room.

“Looks like Flash’s falling for someone.” Mighty said, but Espio got his attention and looked at Sunset direction and after what he said, Mighty quickly apologized.

“It's okay. Flash is a great guy and all, but I never really liked-him liked him. I was just using him to become more popular.” Sunset replied. “Ugh! The old me really was just awful, wasn't she?” The other agreed that her old self was awful.

“But the important thing is that you've turned yourself around.” Applejack said to Sunset.

“Thanks, Applejack, but I'm not sure everyone else at CHS feels the same way.” Sunset told when suddenly, the P.A. system went off saying.

Sunset Shimmer. Cream the Rabbit. Please report to the main foyer. Vice-Principal Luna said through the P.A. system.

“Gotta go. Cream and I volunteer to show some new students around the school. Thought it'd be good for them to get to know the new me before they heard all the stuff about the old me.“ Sunset said as she, Cream & Cheese left the room.

“We've still got a few minutes before lunch starts. What do you say we do "Awesome As I Wanna Be"?” Rainbow said as the others rolled their eyes.

“Hold it Dash!” Vector called. “This isn’t just about you, this is our band!”

Rainbow laughed and said, “I was the one who made it and lead singer.”

“But what name is it called?” Vector teasing asked Dash, who ignored the question.

“End of story, that can wait later!” Rainbow growled.


Meanwhile at the main foyer, Sunset, Cream & Cheese saw nobody around and were confused as they looked left and right.

“Where are they?” Cream asked

“I don’t know? Did they leave or something?” Sunset asked as she scratched her head, then they heard one voice behind them.

“We’re right behind you, if that what you want to know.” One girl said in they shadows.

“Hi. Are you the girls I'm supposed to show around?” Sunset asked.

The three girls smirked at each other and all three of them walked from the dim light at the same time.

“We are.” one of the girls said with her hand on her hip with a smirk on her face

“Hi, my name is Cream is this my two friends, Sunset Shimmer and Cheese, what’s your name?” Cream asked the three girls.

“I’m Adagio is this Aria and Sonata and we like for you to show us around.” the girl named Adagio politely asked Sunset and Cream.

“Okay then.” Sunset answered. “Follow us and we’ll show the three of you around.” She said as she, Cream & Cheese guided them through the hallway.


Meanwhile in the hallways, Sunset, Cream & Cheese showed Adagio, Aria, and Sonata the computer room and the science room, then they made it to a Battle of the Bands poster.

“Plus, we’re having a Musical showcase this weekend, and the whole school are coming along together.” Sunset told the three girls, which got them by surprise.

“Did you say a musical showcase?” Adagio.

“I'm sure since you're new, Principal Celestia would let you sign up if you're interested.” Cream replied.

“We have been known to sing from time to time.” Aria told in a bored expression. “It’s really fun actually...” she finished with a small smile.

“Hello? We sing, like, all the time! It's how we get people to do what we want.” Sonata burst out casually as Adagio turn around to tell her to keep quiet.

“What she meant to say was that being in a musical showcase sounds like a great way to meet other students.” Adagio told Sunset and Cream, correction Sonata.

“Ohhhh, yeah. Th-What she said I meant to say. That's what I meant. To say.” Sonata nervously chuckled.

“And what you would have said if you weren't the worst.” Aria scoff at Sonata.

“You are!” Sonata shot back at Aria

“You'll have to excuse them. They're idiots.” Adagio told as Aria didn’t care and Sonata smiled behind her.

“That’s kinda mean to say to them?” Cream asked Adagio.

“Their not idiots, they just disagree with each other, but they don’t hate each other.” Adagio quickly responded.

They went silent and Sunset, Cream & Cheese looked at the three girls red jewel necklaces as it shined in front of them. Cheese flew over to Adagio and got a closer look at the red necklace and as he was about to touch it, Adagio saw Cheese and quickly grabbed his arm before he could touch, then she apologized as she let go of him.

“Sorry. These pendants mean an awful lot to us. We'd just hate for anything to happen to them.” Adagio said as she, Aria, and Sonata walked off to Principal Celestia office.

After they shortly left, Cream grab ahold of Cheese, who was rubbing his arm and looked a bit uncomfortable. The school bell rang and the students were walking to the cafeteria.

“Come on Cream, it’s time for lunch.” Sunset said as they walked to the cafeteria, but they grew suspicious about Adagio sudden react towards her necklace when Cheese was about to touch it.

Author's Note:

Remember that tease about the Dazzling in the prequel, well now I’m making a sequel to that one and with more songs to put in (it’s a musical, but I’m reducing them so I don’t make this a musical fanfiction) Hope you enjoy or not, it’s fine.