• Published 11th Sep 2020
  • 1,964 Views, 58 Comments

The Elemental Manipulation - GalaxyEmpire



There's a new member of the Sparkle Family and it can control type of elemental, but he is not a pony though.

  • ...
6
 58
 1,964

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: The Birth of Leaf (S1E6)

The Birth of Leaf


One week Later...


“Come on Twi, you got this.”Spike encouraged, practically bouncing in place.

“Right here it goes,” Twilight muttered her horn glowing softly.

Leo stood back from the pair, simply watching, just in case there were any magical mishaps he would have to watch out for. It's the dragon turned to be a test subject for a new spell. Given Spike's resilience against magic and physical harm, he or Leo was often used as a test subject for new spells or practice. Sure they protested most of the time, but they could easily be bribed with ice cream.... granted so could Twilight.

The golden lion blinked at the faint pop that sounded in the air and the black-furred moustache that appeared on Spike's upper lip. He whistled appreciatively, matter creation like that was a rare ability, one Twilight had not been able to perform before she came to Ponyville. The spell formula she was using was a common one for higher-level caster or those who specialized in that sort of thing. It turned raw mana into a physical object, in this case, a moustache.

“Haha, you did it!” Spike cheered.

"And looks good, bro!" Leo added.

"Thanks!" He put a checks mark on the board list. "Growing magic, that's number twenty-five! Twenty-five different types of tricks and Counting."

Twilight blushed for his compliment, He grinned looking in a nearby mirror and playing with the moustache. ”Hello ladies...”

“Sorry, Romeo with as attractive as you think you look that's just practice and it needs to go.” The mare chuckled her horn lighting up as the drake flailed trying to protect his new moustache only for Twilight's magic to dissolve it.

“Rats...” He grumbled.

“Why do dragons and serpents love moustaches so much?” The cub asked, remember Steven Magnet adore his moustache too.

“Cause they're freaking sweet!”

"And speaking of sweet." The Big Sister turned her head to Leo. "I think its time for you to go buy us some sweet at the Sugarcube Corner."

"Oh yeah, I forget about that." He pulled out the paper from his bandana. "Well, I guess I should go, see ya!"

"See ya!"


Twilight and Spike head out for some fresh air, not only they stuff has been picked up, but Twilight has done it again. Twenty-five different kinds of tricks and Counting is to easy for her to handle, the Dragon asks why she couldn't do those tricks before. What she replies are that some ponies don't follow what their mark suggests or they interpret it differently. Sometimes that interpretation is enough to change the marks entire meaning as well as what skills might get boosted.

“And Miss Cheerilee, for example, has a cutie mark of flowers, though she's interpreted them as smiling students soaking up knowledge like a flower soaks up the sun. And it seems to have worked for her as she's considered one of the better teachers around if the awards I saw in her office were any indication.” Twilight finished explaining to her brother about not all of the Unicorn who's talent is focused on one thing for their life.

“Might explain why Rarity makes dresses and has gems as cutie marks.” Spike pondered.

Suddenly a blur of lightning past through them, surprise the siblings as Spike jumped out land on his sister back.

"Sorry, guys!" Said the voice coming from it, as the lightning is gone for the sights.

"Leo!" The dragon shouted.

"Well, at least we can feast the candy back home, once we spent this morning." She giggled.

"He scares us like that, Twilight!" Spike dismount her. "I swear that I-"

“GANGWAY!” shouted a voice” COMING THROUGH!”

Spike and Twilight both yelped as a pair of Unicorn colts barreled between the group, impacting Spike and starting to carry him off.

“Augh! Snips? Snails? What's going on!?” Spike asked as the colts stop immediately, making him lungs forward.

"Haven't you heard? There's a new unicorn in town!” Snails replied.

“Yeah, they say she's got more magical powers than any other unicorn ever!” Snips chimed in.

Snips and Snails are around the same age as Applebloom. Snips is a short and round pony with a greyish opal coat, moderate orange mane and tail, black eyes and his Cutie Mark is a white and light grey open. Scissors while Snails is a lanky and thin pony with a brilliant amber coat, moderate turquoise mane and tail, black eyes his Cutie Mark is a pink frowning snail.

Twilight heard it all as she comes closer. "Really?"

"Aw, no way, that honour goes to Twilight here." He gestures to her, making her blushing.

"Where is this unicorn?"

"She's in the town square. Come on!"

"Yeah! Come on! Whooo!" Snips said as he and Snails ran off.

Twilight and Spike head towards the town square though they have a bad feeling about this Unicorn.


In the Everfree Forest...


"To think we suddenly encounter each other," Zecora said, walking in the glooming wood with a lion cub.

"You say it." He replied.

Since he has done purchase some candy muffin, which creates by Pinkie Pie. Leo approaches the forest to see if he can greet with the zebra again, looks like he has it. Although he could catch up with his siblings, he decided to have spent been alone for today.

"So what are we doing?"

"Gathering some ingredients for some ailment that I have been looking for." She inspecting the leave from the bushes. "Hmm, not this one though."

Zecora only has a saddlebag on her back, so the Cub could see her body now. She has a more masculine appearance than other female characters, her muzzle is squared off which he already knew and she has no eyelashes, which corresponds to the general male pony he seeing in Ponyville. Her cutie mark is a grey stylized spiral sun. She also wearing a neck ring.

"So where do you come from, anyway?"

"A very far, far away from this place. A place beyond Equestria, it will take a month for me to travel back to my homeland."

They keep process to the uncontrollable wood, the cub explained to her about himself, his family, his current home, and the Elemental Power too. She asks what is it, a power to control and manipulate the element from this world. For how did he get it, unknown to him because he unlocked it when he was just a little cub.

Furthermore, he told her that he has some sort of headaches when he came here for a second time before they meet each other that day.

For another unknown reason is that he have three types of elements only.

She asked this question. "How does it feel if you can control more than three?"

"Eh... I don't know. Maybe...great?" He never thought to wield more than the recent power he has right now. "Honestly, I never tried to test if I have another though... I don't mind at all."

Suddenly, a growing voice can be heard. The duo stop they track, the cub senses the negative energy but this energy... Already felt before.

Could it be?

The figures lunge itself to them but quickly avoid it, it would appear that it was a creature called timberwolf from before when he went in for the last time. He learns the name from the books from the library and seems they haven't finished their business yet.

"Crap is the same wolf from before!" He stated.

"You meant to say that this is the one that caught you before?"

"Yes, and he's not alone."

Just then, a whole pack of timberwolf emerge from the dark green bushes. They're the main goal simple, eating what in front of them as one of them lick his mouth.

"When need to get out of here!" Zecora shouted.

"Oh, no you won't..." said a deep voice.

They turned around to saw another figure coming out from the shadow, it appears a large one. What they see what unbelievable, it's a large timberwolf, even larger from Leo fought before. There's a new addition to it, have spiky twigs from his back, even spiky then his brother. His eyes are bloody red that not same from a normal timberwolf, has a sharp razor claw, the size of it like a dagger for an assassin to use. It looks like his mouth has killed a lot of prey by looking at it, blood dripping from it.

"So you the one who did that massive tornado to my comrades?" He glared at the golden lion, he just spoke.

"AHH!! HE CAN TALK?!" Leo shouted, while Zecora we're quite jawing open from the outcome.

He chuckled madness. "Why of course I can. Do you think us can't talk?"

"Yes."

"What? Do you think we stupid?!"

"Well, maybe. But you comrades need some lesson to not engaged without you...whoever you are?"

"I am the leader of the Timberwolf! My name is Hofu." He howls, echoing the forest as his companions do as well.

"Hofu? That's is pretty not terrifying name for a leader." The lion giggled.

"It's mean fear in my country language, Leo." The zebra said.

"Oh..."

"You very knowledge, prey." Hofu looked at Zecora. "My comrades have seen you living here in this wood, and they say that you a very sneaky to be devoured."

"It because I have a technique that prevents your friends to invade my place," Zecora answered concern the situation.

"To bad now your not in your territory." He grinned deviously. "Because the ticket to the afterlife will be given to you two by force!"

The timberwolf snarl, laying low for a second before launching himself toward them. Leo gasped as he brings his right paws up to generate a spark of static.


ELEMENTAL POWER!!!

ELEMENT LIGHTNING!!!


Lightning Blade!!!

He summoned the blade from his mouth right on time before Hofu strike causes a explode of a static cover the area. The sight can't be used in this problem, but sound can.

The leader coughs by the smoke as he sees some practical effect only get a surprise attack from Lightning, but used his razor-sharp teeth to bite the blade causing a electrocute to his body, although no very powerful one since wood not so conducted electricity that much.

"Huh?!"

"Take this!" Hofu raised his claw then Swope down to the cub but manage to avoid thanks to his speed.

"Dammit!" He bolts to him again and called out another blade from his left paws while he holds the other blade from his mouth to his right paws.

Lightning Slash!!!

He launches a rapid attack to Hofu, sending a particle of electricity to come out from his blade, making a lacerate to his wooden skin while he is difficult to repel the assault from the Electrokinesis.

Zecora has trouble on her own, she was surrounded by a pack of hungry timberwolf. While Leo fighting the leader, they're can go for the vulnerable one instead.

"You think you can harm me?" She chuckles, making them confused. "Don't underestimate me."

She held out an orange bundle tied by a black rope from her saddlebag, she then hurls it to them as a burst into flame bringing in the pain of every wood are afraid of. The timberwolf all howl of suffering from the fire, the leader notices the cried as he turned his head to saw the action that makes his eyes widen open.

"NO! MY COMRADES!!"

Lightning see the opportunity, as he backflips and stand only his back legs to end the battle. He gathers the amount of power he got before unleashed with full speed.

Final Cut!!!

He swirls his blades and bolt as fast as possible to as he slit past through the timberwolf, leaving an 'X' mark to his body, the Timberwolf cried out before he shatters into million logs.

Lightning just kill him.

Moreover, the other Timberwolf has must run away to the forest searching for a nearby lake to put out the fire.

Zecora looking at the mountain of twigs and logs, then the lion, who turned back to normal only to just staring at the pile of Hofu. "Are you, alright?"

"I-I just murder h-him." He voice was quiver.

"Leo stayed calm. He can't-" she was cut off by the pile of wooden started to raised before reassembling to their place to recreate the leader of the Timberwolf.

"I KILLED YOU!!!" Hofu charge towards the zebra but Leo was at her front to defend both of but then...


ELEMENTAL POWER!!!

ELEMENT EAR-


"Argh!" He headache is back, a would appear that it getting stronger. "What's is the matter now head?"

"HAVE THIS!!!" Hofu strike, shocking the lion as he is hit by the attack at full force. The attack knocks him unconscious and he tosses off the ground into a tree above.

"Leo!" Zecora cried out but then get pounds by Hofu, who in rage.

"You took out my comrades... I will devour you right here, RIGHT NOW!" He opened his mouth wide open, revealing bloody teeth from his past prey, smells like stinks though.

Zecora in thought, is this it? Is she gonna end here? She never has a chance to make friends in this kingdom, not a single one of them want to befriend her. They keep doing the same thing ever months, running and hiding. None of them seems to want to talk to her because they think she's a witch.

In Hofu thought, he feels in hatred inside of him, asking him to shreds this zebra until she just a flesh. The sound of cried of pain from his comrades hunted him to his mind, making the vengeance is the key right now. Is this it? Will the zebra perished from the stories?

Of course not, the creator of the story won't do that. It's too early though. :)

"Wait!"

Both of them halted the scenario, surprise for the cub voice as Zecora looked up at the tree to see...

"Huh? Leo?"

A lion cub with a pastel green hair, count in the bandana, his tufted tail and paws while the back legs paws are black. He's also wearing a Taubman's antique green armbands both of his front legs. His logo, however, is the shape like a triangle with a smaller one but upside down, believe like a shape of leaves. The colour is emerald green and it's visible in the middle of his bandana. Also, he's pupils are larger and shinier than the other forms and Leo's original persona, now standing on a tree branch.

"I'm..."


ELEMENT LEAF!!!


He doing the heroic pose while the leaves falling from his surroundings. Making the zebra awe of the sight while Hofu was pissed.

"So you're still alive." He growled. "You better watch it!!"

"Eh? Watch me?" Leaf said, making the timberwolf bewildering. "Why would you want to watch out for me? I'm not even your kid."

...

....

.....

What?

"Uh... Leo?" Zecora, who still underneath the wolf. "Are you serious?"

"What nonsense are you talking about?!"

"Err... My bad... I'll just get launches. Kinda hit my head a Lil' bit." He said, showing his red bump on his head.

"Oh, is that why he's a bit of a simpleton?" The zebra mumbled to herself while tried sneakily stood back up.

"Maybe we can discuss this problem with peace?"

"Problem with peace?!" Hofu snapped. "There's no peace until you die!"

He begins with a leaping forward, raised his claws, ready to shreds some Lion but luckily Leaf prepared.

Leaf Shuriken!!!

Leaf summons leaf-like shuriken, he then thrown at Hofu. When it hit the impact, the Timberwolf recently paralyse all of the sudden, slamming on the ground as he doesn't know how did this thing happen to him. His body can't move!

"Ugh, Wha... What's this...?"

"Heh." He grind. "That's a stunning Shuriken Leaf!"

"How was that even possible! My body are made of wood?!"

"Once it goes in, the effect comes in!" The Green Cub explained.

"A stunning Shuriken Leaf, eh, Leo. Uhhh....."

THUD

"Oh no!" Leaf said as he looked at Zecora, who's got hit as well by his shuriken. "Did you get hit too?"

"Oh my... Please throw those more carefully next time..." She stated.

"Umm... Err... Sorry, Zecora! Uh... Hehe..."

Not noticed, Hofu head was in a low position so he uses his breath to blow the shuriken off of his belly, gain back control of his body. He stares at the zebra before a growled. "Excellent! You just made my lunch easier."

"Huh?"

He snarls, pouncing back the zebra to the dirt while still immobilised. She cried out, about to get eating by timberwolf. Leaf saw this as he gasped.

Creeping Vine!!!

The green lion generates a long vine, spin around at other tree branches as it like a rope. Once that, he swings across the area, shouting by his outcome that makes the timberwolf turned to look at him as he let go of the vines in the air.

Itchy Leaf Blade!!!

He summons a leaf-like dagger, throwing it straight to the timberwolf at high speed. Upon hitting him on his left legs, he cracked.

Hofu scratches the spot using his other claw as seem the effect not we're off. It's so very itchiness."It's itching!"

He moves out from Zecora, as he tried scratching on a tree while he's distracted, Leaf shortly comes to Zecora as he removes the shuriken from her and told her to hides inside the bushes.

The timberwolf knows the reason why as he plucks out the blade from his legs, the itching has gone. Now he's back, he turned around to see that his prey has gone, only the cub can be seen.

"Where is she!" He growled, opened his mouth as it starts to gather up some energy to his mouth. Once it did, he fires a ball of twigs that coming from his mouth!

"Whuh?!?"

The shot is going to Leaf as he spins clockwork when suddenly a floating of leaves came out.

Leaf Whirlwind!!!

Using a whirlwind of leaves, he deflects incoming projectiles as it scattered explodes when hit the impact of the tree or ground, creates a hole on it and twigs falling from the explosion.

"Leo! Are you trying to hit me on purpose?!" Zecora popped out from the buses, beside her was a large hole of a tree. And it still smokey.

"Hehe... Whoops." Leaf giggle nervously but gasp when he heard a sound from his left side.

"Hah. Here! Take this!" Hofu charge up the blast in front of Leaf, but he quickly slams his paws on the ground.

Woven Leaves Barrier!!!

BOOM

The blast was loud, sending waves of wind throughout the place. The timberwolf smile deviously but a shock for him to see a barrier made of woven leaves in front of, protecting his target from behind.

"Hi, mister!" He greets him in some small while from the woven barriers. "How d'you do?"

"That's impossible! It was a point-blank shot!"

Feel like it's time to wrap up this battle, as the leave manipulate eyes glow green for a second before his paws glow the same colour too.

Woven Leaves Trap!!!

Leaf sends forth strands of weaving leaves to the Timberwolf, whipping his from the bottom as he began to launch up in the air. He screams by the whip much time before Leaf paw held his right one, making the woven start to ensnared the beast to his legs, claw, and his body too. Shape like a cocoon, he ending it by slamming down Hofu to the ground that causes a crack form around him.

The fight is over.

The vision from the timberwolf a daze for a bit but back to normal, what he saw is that he is wrapped up by woven leaves. "Wh-What's this?! Re-Release me!

The cub grin. "Give it up, mister! You've lost. There's no way you can get out of those binds!"

Hofu eyes widen, as he turned around his body before shouted. "RELEASE ME!!!"


Later...


"P-Please! Help me! PLEASE!!" Hofu still begging to be let go, and is getting dark.

"Sorry, Hofu. We've can't kill you but we can ensnare you." Leo smiled, he managed to defeat the leader of the timberwolf.

"I'm not asking you to release me. Just loosen these binds!" He started bouncing around like a rabbit. "IT ITCHES! I can't reach it!"

The timberwolf sobbing in torture, Zecora just sighed in relief. "Serve you right. Next time, beware of us went we encounter again in the future."

While he still sobbing, Leo giggled. "Pawesome..."

"As for you, thank you, Leo." The zebra gratitude.

"You're welcome."

"But I have to say, your new abilities are amazing! How did you manage to summon a new element?" Zecora asked.

"Hmm, I'm not sure! My head has been hurt a lot lately. And now I got the Nature Element all of a sudden!"

"Hmm... Maybe it wasn't just a hurt then."

"Huh?"

"But... Your mind is actually...absorbing and adapting itself to your newly awakened power."

"Eh?"

"It might be because you being in the Everfree Forest for so much time that makes you awakened this new element while your body trying to create new types of energy. It might be The Birth of Leaf." She explained.

The lion chuckled. "Looks like is worth it to come here after all."

They both looked at the sky, gosh it almost nighttime. There should probably get going right now, don't want his sibling to get worried as they leave the area.

When they don't realise it, a gigantic magical bears with fur that looks like the night sky, floating above them while drinking a water tower. As the bear head to the deepest of the wood.

Author's Note:

Episodes 6. DONE!

At long last, Leo has gained new types of power! Botanokinesis!

Hope you guys excited for this and keep on reading it to see what happen next!

So this one just meeting with a Timberwolf again and gain new element for Leo and introduced the Leader of Timberwolf, the name meaning from Swahili okay.

We all know that Twilight can handle Trixie, I mean come on! You guys already saw the show so tow knew what's going to happen.

See you at the next chapter!

PreviousChapters Next