• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 509 Views, 147 Comments

Fang Gang: Special Operations - MlpHero



A gang of unreformed changelings find themselves fighting for the fate of Equestria

  • ...
1
 147
 509

Chapter 6: A New Suit

0450 pm.
Lt. Blue Fang
Fang Gang: Special Operations Team
Fillydelphia

Well, despite me sleeping through the darn briefing, my brother thankfully informed me that we’re going to save a zebra prime minister named ‘Zanzibar’. We’re sending Zen to scout ahead. Hopefully nothing bad happens.

And I keep having those dreams. The ones where I kill Tempest. I really need to see Sting for some meds.

—Lt. Blue Fang

~~~

0630 pm.
Cpl. Zenex
Fang Gang
Target Building Vents

Zen squirmed his way inside of the vents, closing the cover behind him. He pulled out his sidehoof and crawled through the vents, feeling like a tunnel rat of sorts. The only thing he could hear was his breathing. He chuckled. “You alright there, Hivey?” He looked down to a mug.

A pair of ruby eyes opened from the mug. Judging by the heavy breathing coming from the mug, Hive was hyperventilating. Zen chuckled as Hive looked over. “No,” he said, shaking a bit. “Y-You guys know I’m claustrophobic…”

Zen smiled. “Just a little further. Hang in there.”

“Easy for you to say. You love small spaces.”

Zen chuckled and looked down one of the vents. He examined the table below him. He grinned, noticing a filled coffee mug. “This is your stop, Hivey,” he said, using his crowbar to open the vent and using his aura to levitate Hive and his knife and sidehoof down, while also levitating the original coffee mug away. He chuckled and crawled away, leaving the Lieutenant to his own devices.

Hive watched his target and two other ponies walk around. He held back the urge to chuckle, watching said target to walk over. He picked Hive up.

“Uh… Is this my coffee?” he asked the other two. He looked back. “I could’ve sworn it was—”

Hive sprung up and grabbed his knife and began shanking him with it.

“Argh! Shoot him! Shoo—”

Hive grabbed his sidehoof and fired four shots, two at each of them. He watched as they dropped to ground, dead.

Now, he chuckled. “Poor buckers.” He reaches for his radio. “He’s down,” he spoke, examining the body.

‘Good,’ Broken said. ‘There should be a key on his body. Grab that and get to the meeting point.’

Hive chuckled and reached for the key. “It’ll be hard without my primary crossbow.”

‘Heheh. Since when do you need a crossbow?’

Hive smiled and walked towards the door. “Touché, Cap. I’m on my way.” He opened the door and walked out.

~~~

Hive peered through the halls, pointing his sidehoof around each corner he turned. Despite his training in trigger discipline, his hoof rested on the trigger the entire time. He looked around, trying to find the entry point to let the others in. He entered another room and looked up towards a sunroof, where the others looked down at him. They opened the glass roof, hopping inside.

“Hey Hive,” Dagger said, looking around the building.

“Hey Dag,” Hive greeted back.

They looked at one of the vents, where Zen poked his head out. He crawled out and landed beside them. “He’s on the other side of this wall,” Zen said, tapping the wall.

They nodded, cracking the door. Blue chuckled, his eyes flashing blue. “Ready… Rage?”

Heh, born

Blue chuckled, stepping back.

Tempest blinked. “Blue?! What are you—”

‘Blue’ rushed through the door and shut it behind him. Tempest blinked. “What is he—”

“Argh! What is that thing?!”

“Ah crap! Shoot it! Shoot it— Gaaah!”

The sounds of glass shattering and arrows firing, and screams of pain and panic came from the room, muffled.

“Clear!”

The others, except Tempest, chuckled. Broken looked around. “Alright fellas, we can come in and not lose our lunch.”

They stepped in, the glass panes broken, arrows sticking out of ponies and griffons alike. Some hadn’t even been killed by arrows, but by hooves or beatings.

Blue smirked, holding his head high, looking at Tempest. “Well?”

“It’s… a fine job I guess…”

The others chuckled and freed the prisoners. The zebra stood up. Broken walked over. “Zanzibar?”

“Yes.”

Broken nodded and grabbed his shoulder. “You’re okay now.”

Zanzibar nodded. “There was a group of soldiers…” he pointed at the door.

Blue nodded and led some of the Fangs out. As they left the room, Tempest grabbed him. “Listen here bugboy: I’m not playing with you.”

“Neither am I. I’m just following orders.”

Tempest growled. “Look, I don’t know what game you’re playing, but you better get in lane.”

“Buck you. I don’t take orders from you.”

“Well you better start,” she growled, placing a hoof on his shoulder.

He narrowed his eyes and pushed her off. “Shut up hornhead. If you had one.” He growled and walked off to the other Fangs. “Come on, Primo?”

“Victoria!”

The other Fangs ran behind Blue, Tempest slowly trudging behind.

~~~

“Run Zenex! Run!”

Blue, Dagger, Mitchell, Hive, Zenex, Tempest, and Kydra had been running from a local militia force. They ran down an alleyway, Hive turning to fire at the attackers.

They stopped to rest, crossbows in hoof.

“Well, any bright ideas?” Mitchell asked, pulling out his dynamite launcher. The Fangs and Tempest exchanged glances, before shaking their heads. “Oh great…” he muttered, loading a dynamite stick into the launcher. “Fire in the hole!”

Pop!

BOOM!

Mitchell loaded another stick into his dynamite launcher. “Come on, I don’t have all the sticks in the world!”

Blue’s radio started going off. “Mant?”

‘Yep. I have an idea for your situation.’

Blue looked at the others, who nodded back. “What is it Mant?”

‘I uh… sent a “gift”.’

They looked up to see a package with a parachute floating down. They trotted over as it landed. On top was a button, which Dagger didn’t hesitate to push.

The box fell off, revealing a suit of armor as well as a heavy automatic crossbow with multiple barrels. Dagger smirked and grazed his hoof across the armor.

“Heh… nice,” he said, smiling. Dagger opened the armor and stepped in. The armor encased him like a titanium exoskeleton. He chuckled and picked up the automatic crossbow.

“Ain’t that thing heavy?” Tempest asked.

“Mm-mm,” Dagger said, shaking his head and pressing down on the trigger, which caused the four barrels to spin. He smiled and loaded the arrow belts into the automatic crossbow. “Heheh, let’s deliver some kick flank!”

The ponies and griffons ran around the corner, and were greeted by the armor wearing Dagger.

“Oh shoot! What the?!”

Dagger lit the group up. The others watched as the ‘crossbow’ rapidly fired arrows into the Blade soldiers. The ponies and griffons dropped dead.

“Heh… nice,” Hive complimented the armor and weapon.

The others chuckled, watching Dagger take them down. The changeling smiled through his helmet and looked over.

“I’m gonna marry this thing,” he said, chuckling. The others smiled and trotted over to him.

“Man, that thing must pack some serious firepower,” Blue said, examining the titanium armor. Then, Mantis came onto the radio.

‘It does. And might I say, Dagger looks hot in that…

“Wait, what?” Dagger looked at his radio.

‘N-Nothing! Anyway… there’s uh… a few hostiles coming from behind.’

“I got’em.” Dagger turned around. Then, he noticed a wall facing them. He blinked in confusion. “Dude, how am I supposed to shoot through a wall?”

‘You’re wearing a suit of titanium power armor. Just break it.’

“Fair enough.” Dagger looked at his armored hoof, before punching a hole through the wall, surprising those on the other side. They fired at Dagger, but the arrows merely bounced off his armor. Dagger smirked before raising his crossbow and killing them too.

The group chuckled and marched out, a job well done.