• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 509 Views, 147 Comments

Fang Gang: Special Operations - MlpHero



A gang of unreformed changelings find themselves fighting for the fate of Equestria

  • ...
1
 147
 509

Chapter 3: First Engagement

A Few Days Later…

Mitchell stared at his new crossbow. He tilted his head at its design. It was magazine fed and was fixed with iron sights. His other weapon was a dynamite launcher he chuckled at the irony of the weapon. He also had a standard sidehoof crossbow.

Blue also had a semi-automatic crossbow, as well as a crossbow with a revolving arrow cylinder as well as a scope.

Broken had a similar setup, with his main crossbow dawning a new kind of sight with a glowing red dot in the middle and his revolving crossbow was fitted with iron sights.

Hive had a compacted automatic crossbow fixed with iron, thermal, and a scope built for assault, with a standard sidehoof crossbow.

Kydra has a semi-automatic crossbow with a magic laser, and a scope, with her standard sidehoof crossbow, also fixed with a magic laser.

Dagger had a bayoneted assault automatic crossbow as well as a larger, heavy one with a magic laser and a standard sidehoof.

Mantis had a bolt-action crossbow with an improved scope for more long range attacks as well as a smaller, much compact, fast firing, sub-assault automatic crossbow and a scoped sidehoof.

Stinger had a scattershot, pump-action crossbow with a much different red dot sight as well as a standard sidehoof.

Zenex had a small, very compact, very fast firing sub-assault crossbow, as well as two standard sidehooves fitted with red-dot sights, as well as a crowbar.

The nine changelings looked at Borax, who smiled at them. “Bravo! Bravo!” he clapped his hooves. The Fangs looked at their new body armor, which was black and grey camouflage as well as a few pads of armor.

Mitchell smiled and picked up his crossbows. “Well, you’ve given us the weapons and some of the training,” he said, turning to Borax, “so when do we ‘clean up’ Equestria?”

Borax chuckled. “Now, now. Settle down.” He walked over. “I have a job for you first.”

Broken stepped up. “Well, we’re ready for it.”

Borax nodded. “Okay, there’s a hostage situation in Ponyville.”

“Hold on, pause,” Dagger interrupted. “Why aren’t we doin’ anything about the bombings in Manehattan?” he asked. “Innocent creatures are dying out there! And we’re just gonna sit here and watch?!”

Dagger’s outburst made Zenex run behind Hivehunter. Hive rubbed the nymph’s head, then glared at Dagger, who sighed. “I’m sorry Zen. I just… I just don’t want any more innocent creatures to get hurt…”

Hive nodded, his expression going grey. “I know that feeling…” Zen rubbed the red changeling’s carapace.

“We all don’t want anymore civilian deaths,” Stinger said. “We need to be prepared.”

Borax nodded. “That’s why you’re doing this first,” he said. “This’ll be both good practice as well as a way to save a life.”

The Fangs nodded. Broken stepped up. “Give us the briefing.”

Borax nodded. “Yes sir.”

~~~

0730am
2nd Lt. Blue Fang
Fang Gang: Special Operations Team
Ponyville

Blue Fang looked at the wagon walls. He sighed and looked at Broken. “Captain?”

Broken nodded. “Yes Lieutenant?”

Blue sighed. “Are you sure about this?”

“What do you mean?”

Blue leaned over. “Y’know we’re trusting our lives to some broken horn unicorn right?” he whispered, nodding over to the magenta mare sitting by Hive and Mitchell. “How the heck are we supposed to be sure that she can even help us?”

“You know I can hear you right?” the mare said, her sea-green eyes glaring at the blue-fanged changeling.

Blue cleared his throat. “Sorry… Captain Shadow.”

The mare rolled her eyes. “Whatever Lieutenant. Don’t let it happen again.”

Blue nodded, looking at Pharynx, who shrugged. “What?”

“Nothing.”

Pharynx looked at his crossbow. It was a semi-auto crossbow with a three shot burst toggle as well as a red-dot scope. He then looked at Zenex. He blinked at the nymph, then looked at Hive and Broken. “So who in Tartarus decided to bring Private Zenex along?” he asked.

Hive snarled. “That’s Corporal Zenex, Sergeant,” he growled, glaring at Pharynx.

Pharynx narrowed his eyes. “Well I’m sorry, Lieutenant. But he’s a nymph.”

“So?”

Pharynx’s eyes widened as if he was offended. “He’s thirteen!”

“Okay? He fought in the War and noling had a problem with it.”

Pharynx bit his lip. While Zenex was underaged, and while it was illegal, Hive did have a point. The Changeling in the Trenches as Zenex was called, did have a heroic Devil Horn history. His first engagement was him running through a fog line and behind enemy lines as a runner, sent to get reinforcements. Pharynx looked away.

Hive rubbed the nymph’s head. Then turned to the mare. “So… Tempest, is it?”

The mare rolled her eyes and nodded. “Yes, Lieutenant Hivehunter.”

Hive chuckled. “You don’t have to be so formal Tempest, we’re all family here,” he said, chuckling. “Right fellas?”

“Aura!”

“See?”

Tempest chuckled. “Well, if you’re so sure Lieutenant.” She reached a hoof out. “Tempest Shadow.”

Hive reached his hoof out and shook her hoof. “Hivehunter. Welcome to the Fang Gang, Tempest Shadow.”

~~~

The wagon stopped at a small hill. “Well Corporal…” Dagger looked at Mantis. “This is your stop,” Dagger chuckled, “good luck. We’re counting on you. No pressure.”

“Ah, buck off,” Mantis said, nudging Dagger before grabbing his weapon and hopping out. “Primo Victoria, you sons of mares.”

“Right back at you,” Broken said, nodding as the wagon started moving again.

Mitchell looked at Stinger. “Make sure we don’t die, okay Specialist?”

Stinger nodded. “Yes Staff Sergeant,” the medic replied, smiling.

Dagger looked over to Kydra. “That goes for you too. Watch my flank out there.”

Ky smirked. “You just keep your weapon on the bad guys, Corporal Dagger,” the Specialist replied. Dagger rolled his eyes as Kydra looked over to Blue. “So, how do you like the new position, Second Lieutenant?”

Blue shrugged. “Eh. It’s okay, I guess.” He looked at his armor, and then the insignia on his shoulder, which was a changeling helmet with crossed arrows with the words ‘Fang Gang: Special Operations’ and ‘Primo Victoria’ on it. Blue smiled. “Y’know, who’da thought we’d be fighting for the fate of Equestria?”

“I sure didn’t,” Stinger said, loading his crossbow.

Blue chuckled. “Yeah. In all honesty, I thought Equestria would be protecting us. I mean, our military isn’t doing any good.”

“Hey buck you!” Pharynx snapped.

“Can it!” Hive said. “We’re here.”

They looked out of the wagon and at the house, which was yellow and had two stories. Broken took a breath. “Let’s move. Me and Tempest take point, Blue and Hive follow behind.”

“Aura!”

The changelings and Tempest grabbed their weapons and got out of the wagon. Tempest, Broken, Hive, and Blue got out first, followed by Pharynx, Ky and Zen. Dagger and Stinger jumped out; Mitchell throwing his dynamite launcher to Stinger and hopping out.

“Here Sarge,” Stinger said, passing the launcher back to Mitchell.

Mitchell nodded, slinging the launcher onto his carapace. “Thanks. Now let’s move.”

They pushed past the crowd of ponies and found a group of EUP guards. They walked up to the pony leading them.

Shining Armor looked over. “Who the buck are you guys?” he asked, examining the changelings and pony.

Broken stepped up. “I’m Captain Brokenwing, and we’re the Fang Gang. We’re here to assess the situation.”

Shining tilted his head. “The heck are you bugs doing here?”

Dagger growled. “We’re here to save these poor ponies’ flanks.”

Shining couldn’t help but laugh. “Yeah right. I’ll believe it when I see it.”

Blue nodded. “Well, you’ll see it now. Come on guys.”

They began walking towards the house, only to be stopped by Shining. He glared at them. “Now hold on, me and my guards are handling this. We don’t need a gang of outlaws to handle this.”

The Fangs gasped and glared at him. “Now hold up, we’re trying to help you buckers!” Pharynx snapped.

The two sides continued going back and forth, not noticing that a pony was taking position on a second floor balcony. He pulled out a sidehoof crossbow and fired at the guards and changelings.

Four guards were killed by the crossbow fire while the others ran behind wagons and over sources of cover.

Mitchell pulled out a radio. “MT, we need some support over here.”

~~~

Mantis nodded, picking up his crossbow. “I see him.” He peered through the scope, adjusting the sights and finding the pony. He took a breath. “Пусть смерть будет быстрой и безболезненной.” With that, he pulled the trigger…

~~~

The pony kept firing, then the arrows stopped flying. Blue looked over to see the pony falling backwards with an arrow in the side of his head.

‘Son of a mare’s K.I.A.’

Mitchell chuckled. “Heh, thanks for the assist, Mant.”

Broken grabbed his radio. “Hey Mant, you got a P.I.D on the target?”

‘Yeah. Second floor, I think the last room.”

Broken nodded. “Got it.” He looked at the Fangs. “They got our target. Let’s go.”

“Yes sir!” Dagger said. “What’s the plan?”

“Kydra, Zen, Dag, you three take the pool, Hive, Sting, and Pharynx, you’ll take the garden, Blue, Tempest, Mitchell, you’re with me, let’s go,” Broken ordered.

“Aura!”

The Fangs dispersed, moving towards their respective positions.

~~~

At the garden, a pony stepped up to the four changelings, holding a crossbow. “Drop your weapon and get on the ground!” Stinger yelled. The pony tried to raise the weapon, but Stinger shot him. “Buck!” he said, pumping his crossbow.

Hive jumped a fence and looked at the arrows sticking out of the dead pony and the nearby wall. He looked at Stinger. “I guess that thing really is scattershot.”

The medic rolled his eyes. “Ya think?”

A pony flew through a nearby bush, turning back to the bush as a knife flew into his chest followed by two arrows. Pharynx stepped out from the bush and grabbed his knife. “Stop bucking around you foals,” he said, walking towards the door. As soon as he grabbed the handle, the door flew open and sent him to the ground. Pharynx looked up at a pony, who aimed his crossbow at the changeling. Before he could fire at Pharynx, Hive squeezed his crossbow’s trigger, sending five arrows into the pony.

“Heh. Automatic. My style,” Hive said, helping Pharynx up. “Hey Phar, stop bucking around, you foal.”

Pharynx rolled his eyes. “Buck you,” he growled. “Just… Clear out the rest of the garden.”

“Yes Sergeant!” Stinger said.

“Aye, aye,” Hive followed up, walking off, Stinger close behind.

~~~

Kydra, Zenex, and Dagger moved towards the pool. Kydra looked over. “Got two by the pool, three by the lounge chairs,” she stated.

Zen bit his lip. “How do we do this?”

Dagger examined the area. “Hm… I have an idea.” He pointed to the three ponies on the lounge chairs. “Me and Ky can take those fellas.” He then pointed to the two by the pool. “Zen, you can take them.”

Zen’s eyes widened. “Why do I have to take them?”

Kydra smiled. “It’s okay. You can do it.”

Dagger nodded. “Yeah. If anything goes wrong, we’ll be there.”

Zen reluctantly nodded and shapeshifted into a water beetle as Ky and Dagger ran around to the other side of the fence the three ponies were behind. He walked over to the pool and hopped in. He watched as Ky and Dagger climbed over the fence and took out the ponies. He shapeshifted back and raised his sidehoof crossbow, firing it into one of their heads.

“What the—”

Zen swung his crowbar into the pony’s leg. He jumped out and grabbed the pony, pulling him into the pool.

Ky and Dagger walked over. “Zenny?” Kydra asked.

They waited for a bit. Then, Zen reemerged from the water, spitting some up. “I did it!”

Dagger and Ky chuckled, lifting him out. “Heh. Yes you did,” Dagger said.

Ky smiled and wrapped her hooves around him. She let him down. “Now, let’s go.”

“Hura!”

~~~

Blue, Mitch, Tempest, and Broken moved up. Blue looked at the porch, where a pony sat, reading a piece of paper. Blue raised his crossbow, but Tempest stopped him. “Allow me.” Her weapon was a burst-fire crossbow. Three bolts flew from the crossbow when she pulled the trigger. Those three bolts found themselves lodged in the pony’s body.

Broken smiled. “Great job, Tempest.” Mitchell nodded in approval.

Blue narrowed his eyes. “Yeah, good job. Let’s move up.” They walked you to the door. Blue peered in, only to be met with arrows through the glass part of the door. He recoiled back. “Buck!”

“You’re not welcome here!” a voice from inside said.

Blue growled. “Okay. Here’s the plan, I’ll raised a shield for us, then you guys can—”

“Here’s an idea,” Tempest blurted. “Mitchell, fire your launcher in there. That should take them all out.”

Mitchell smiled. “Yes ma’am.” He walked up, passing by Blue, who had a shocked expression. Mitchell mounted his launcher on the doorframe. “Fire in the hole,” he said, smirking. The launcher made a ‘pop!’ noise as a small, compacted stick of dynamite flew into the room. The creatures inside screamed as the dynamite went off. He peeked in. “Clear.”

Tempest smirked as Broken patted her on the shoulder. “Good call Captain Shadow.”

Blue looked at them. “But… But I thought…”

Broken opened the door. “Come on! Let’s go!” Tempest and Mitchell followed close behind Broken.

Blue looked down and followed behind.

Inside, they passed by the living room, where five charred bodies littered the floor. Mitchell chuckled, looking over to the kitchen entrance, where a pony with a knife was charging them. With one trigger pull, Mitchell fired his launcher into the pony’s chest, sending him flying back inside the room.

Blue looked at another doorway. He peered in, looking down the sights of his weapon. A pony fired at him. “Shoot!” He was about to fire back when three arrows flew down the hall.

“Argh!” A body hit the ground.

Blue looked over to Tempest, who walked down the hall. “He’s K.I.A fellas.”

The other smiled and condemned her actions. All except Blue. He sighed and wondered how the others were doing.

~~~

Dagger looked at the glass doors. He smiled at Zen and Ky. He pulled out his bigger crossbow and fired through the doors. After a while, Zen and Ky breached, looking around. Two ponies lay limp at a table while another was on the floor near the counter. Dagger and Kydra walked over to the dining room, while Zen explored another part of the kitchen. As he approached the doorway, a pony swung his hoof from around the corner.

“Oof!” Zen quickly grabbed his two sidehoof crossbows and pointed them at the doorway. As soon as the pony stepped from around the corner.

“Argh!”

Dagger and Kydra’s heads snapped over. “Zenex?” Dagger asked. They two quickly ran out to see…

Zen laying on the ground, panting heavily as he looked at the roof. Two arrow mags laid on the floor by his two sidehoof crossbows, and a pony lay limp in the nearby doorway. They ran over to the nymph. “You okay?” Ky asked.

“...How about I stick with you guys from now on?”

They chuckled as they helped him up. “C'mon. Let’s move.” They continued moving, meeting up with Hive, Stinger, and Pharynx. “Hey fellas.”

Pharynx nodded. “Hey guys, how’s it going?”

Kydra smiled. “Pretty good. Kitchen and dining rooms are clear.” Zen and Dagger nodded in agreement.

Stinger also nodded. “Garden’s clear.”

“Alright, let’s move to the stairs,” Pharynx said. The group walked towards the stairs and in turn, the entrance room. There, Blue, Broken, Mitchell, and Tempest were waiting.

Broken looked over. “Okay. Blue, Tempest. You two head up stairs. The rest of us will clear the other room.”

Tempest nodded while Blue didn’t give much of an expression. He simply walked up stairs, and to the last room. He cracked the door. Two ponies stood guard. He grabbed his revolver crossbow and burst through the door, putting two arrows into each pony.

Tempest walked in and was tackled by a third pony. The two wrestled for a bit until Blue hit the pony, who tackled him. Blue drew his sidehoof and fired one arrow into the pony’s chest, and one into the bottom of his head.

“Th...Thank you…”

Blue smiled and pushed the pony off of him. “Of course. We’re happy to—”

“Anytime.”

Blue’s heart dropped. He looked over to see Tempest helping the pony up. He watched the two ponies walk out of the room, not even acknowledging his existence. He sighed and laid down, simply staring at the ceiling. Why was he being ignored. Did he do something? It seemed like whenever I had an idea, Tempest would outrank him. Was he even Fang at this point? He had a lot of questions, and not a lot of answers.

He sighed and picked himself up and walked out, taking one last look at the room before closing the door.