• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 503 Views, 147 Comments

Fang Gang: Special Operations - MlpHero



A gang of unreformed changelings find themselves fighting for the fate of Equestria

  • ...
1
 147
 503

Chapter 13: …Loose Ends

Bleach felt the wagon bump as they rode towards the property. His radio buzzed to life. He picked it up. “Borax?”

‘Griffax. Where’s Star?”

“Beside me. Here.” He passed the radio over to Star.

“Star Striker here.”

‘Okay, good. Genesis can decrypt the files once you find them. They should be in the basement. I’ll have an evac waiting for you.”

“Yes sir. Star out.”

The wagon came to a stop, allowing the three to get out. They were parked on a ridge, just outside of the property. The two soldiers grabbed their weapons, and Genesis a smaller sidehoof crossbow. They watched as the wagon drove off. Star stood, grabbing his binoculars. He peered through them, surveying the property. “Hm… few grunts, no one special.”

“You never know,” Bleach replied. “These guys take this stuff seriously.”

“Eh. I’ve seen worse. I was at Manehattan during the bombings.”

“Really now?”

“Yep.” He sighed. “Lost my best friends that day…”

“Oh… I uh… sorry…”

“It ain’t your fault.” Star took a breath. “We avenge them when we take down the Blade.”

Bleach nodded, drinking from his canteen. The group began their trek towards the property. They snuck through the foliage, drawing their knives. They slit the throats of two terrorists, hiding them in the bushes. They then shot two more of them, the ones guarding the front entrance. Bleach grabbed a dynamite stick, lit it, and tossed it in. When the explosion went off, it reminded Bleach of his wife. And how he couldn’t help her.

This was his moment. He wouldn’t let Gallus suffer for his mistakes. With his blood boiling, he fired his crossbow into the few guards who were still alive. Bleach stared at the bodies, the blood coagulating onto the floor. He panted, looking behind to the others. They stepped in, looking around. The house was small, not really a rich looking place. More like a small getaway cabin. They made their way down stairs, entering what seemed to be a mini armory.

“Woah… it’s like an apocalypse bunker…” Star commented.

They stepped past the weapons and towards a desk. There sat the files they were looking for. Genesis stepped over with a piece of paper and lit up her horn, beginning to print out the encrypted files.

Bleach and Star stepped outside and onto the porch. Bleach pulled out a pack of cigarettes, lighting one. Star looked over.

“You know those things knock a year off your lifespan right?”

Bleach chuckled. “That’s why I want it all in here,” he replied, pointing at his chest, before coughing.

Star rolled his eyes, but couldn’t help but smile a bit. “So… what’s your story?”

Bleach shrugged. “I don’t know. All I used to do was sell, kill, pay, repeat.” He looked at the sky. “I’ve been to so many places, met so many creatures, and yet… I’ve never had a friend…”

Star looked at him with sympathy. “Tell you what, after this, drinks are on me. You like wine?”

Bleach smiled. “Heh, yeah… yeah I like wine.”

~~~

Genesis finished printing the words, taking a breath. She took out a folder and began to slip them into it, when her curiosity got the better of her. She wasn’t supposed to look.

Well… there’s no crime if you don’t get caught…

With that, she took a peek into the documents, reading the contents. It all seemed like normal intel. “Enemy positions… drug and weapons transport… hm… what’s this?” Her interest peaked as she noticed something labeled ‘finances’. “Hm… funding… what the…”

~~~

The two soldiers looked around, surveying the area. Bleach to a breath. “Hm… I’ve been thinking…” he took a drink from his canteen. “I might fix up my old house so Gallus has a place to call home… I shouldn’t have left him with Gruff…” he threw the used cigarette away, stomping it out. “I just hope he forgives me…”

“I’m sure he will,” Star replied sympathetically. “Besides, once we save the world, you’ll be a hero. His hero.”

Bleach nodded. “Okay…”

Star smiled, before quickly leaning over and kissing the griffon. Bleach’s wings immediately shot out. Star blushed and looked away.

Before they could speak, they heard Genesis step out, walking over. They straightened themselves up and looked towards her. “W-Well? We got our intel?”

She nodded. “Yes.”

Bleach picked up his weapon. “Good, let’s go.”

“Wait, Griffax. You need to see this.”

Bleach looked over. “What is it?”

Genesis was about to open the folder when a crossbow bolt struck her in the neck, splattering blood on the walls.

“Holy shit!”

The two ducked behind the side of the house as more bolts began flying. Bleach looked over to Genesis’ body, her hooves still grasping the now crumpled folder.

“Crap… I’ll get it,” Star muttered. He pulled out a smoke grenade, tossing it over. As soon as it went off, he ran over and began to pry the folder from the changeling’s dead hooves. As he was doing that, Bleach reached for his radio. “Borax! Shite… Genesis is down! We’re trying to get the files back!”

There was silence, before Borax spoke.

‘…Get the files.’

Bleach blinked. “I… Yes sir.”

As soon as Star got back around the wall, Bleach tossed several grenades into the bushes. Mixed in with the explosions were several screams and yells.

They stepped out, looking over to see the carnage they’d created. It was best to just head towards the field, where they hoped Borax was waiting.

They began moving as they heard more yells from behind, followed by several cross bolts.

“Oh crap!”

They began running. As they ran, however, Bleach was shot in the leg. He yelled out, falling down. Star turned back around, running over. “Griffax! You good?”

“Argh… I’m hit! Get outta here!”

Star shook his head and ran over, quickly wrapping up the wound, before beginning to drag Bleach across the ground. The two soon emerged from the bushes and into the field, where Star helped Bleach up, helping him walk. Several armored wagons pulled up, Borax’s private army emerging and moving past the two. One wagon opened, allowing more soldiers to get out, as well as Borax, who stepped out to greet the two.

“Did you get the files?”

“We got’em, sir!” Star said, letting Borax help support the injured griffon.

“Good,” Borax said. “That’s one less loose end.”

As soon as he said that, he drew a sidehoof and shot Bleach in the stomach, sending the griffon to the ground.

“No!” Star yelled, trying to raise his crossbow. Borax simply raised his sidehoof, shooting Star in the chest, killing him instantly. Bleach could only watch helplessly, before Borax leaned down to him, picking up the folder. Bleach grabbed his hoof, as to ask, “why…?”

Borax ripped his hoof away, allowing the other soldiers walked over, picking up Star’s corpse, as well as Bleach’s body. The griffon’s vision faded to black.

By time he opened his eyes again, he was being thrown into a ditch, soon followed by Star’s body. Star’s radio soon buzzed to life.

‘Star! Come in, this is Broken! We’re under attack by Borax’s soldiers at Ponyville! Mitch, cover our right flank! Do not trust Borax! I say again, do not trust Borax! Zen, get down!”

The radio soon cut to static, as they began to pour gasoline on Star and Bleach. Bleach looked up, noticing Borax had his lighter. The changeling ignited the lighter, tossing it into the ditch. Star’s body immediately caught fire, bursting into flame. Bleach watched as Borax and his soldiers walked away, before closing his eyes. He knew it was only a matter of time before the fire would engulf him too.