• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 509 Views, 147 Comments

Fang Gang: Special Operations - MlpHero



A gang of unreformed changelings find themselves fighting for the fate of Equestria

  • ...
1
 147
 509

Chapter 2: Rules of Engagement

Blue Fang looked at Mitchell, who looked at the reformed changeling who walked into the hive entrance. He walked over to the changeling. “Hello Borax.”

The grey schemed changeling bowed his head. “Hello, Mitchell.” They shook hooves.

The others exchanged glances. They stared at the reformed changeling. Hive scoffed. “This is the bucker who’s supposed to get us weapons?” he asked, unamused.

Broken shrugged. “I dunno. Although, he did give Mitchell his wooden leg,” he pointed out.

Zen nodded. “Yeah. I think he’s perfect for the job.” Zen climbed onto Hive’s carapace to try and get a better view.

“Hey! Watch where you put your hooves, Zen!” Hive said as Zen mounted just forehooves on his head.

“Sorry Hive,” Zen said, rubbing the red changeling’s head. He looked at the two changelings.

Mitchell nodded. “You really think you can do it?”

Borax nodded. “Of course I can. My company is happy to help,” he said with a smile.

Mitchell nodded, a smile of his own on his face. “Thanks Borax. This means a lot to us.”

The changeling nodded and walked over to the other Fangs. Mitchell smiled. “Borax, this is the Fang Gang. My sorta family.”

Broken stepped up. “Nice to meet you Borax. I’m Captain Brokenwing and we…” he waved a hoof at the changelings, “are the Fang Gang.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all,” Borax said, shaking Broken’s hoof. “Mitchell has said a lot about your heroic deeds in his letter.”

Hive stepped up, “it’s nothing really, we just do the best we can.”

Another changeling walked up. “And a fine job you do, but these won’t be any ordinary missions okay?” she passed them a clipboard. “These will all violate ERLW Treaty.”

The Fangs looked at each other, a bit unsure. Hive looked at the two changelings. “But we’ve used the ERLW Treaty for the longest. W-We can’t just—”

“Maybe this’ll change your mind.” The female changeling pulled out a sheet of paper, which the Fangs examined…

~~~

Manehattan
10:30pm.
Cpl. Star Strike
EUP Guard

Star Strike looked at the four ponies in the wagon, two were in the front, he and the other were in the back. He looked at Rook, who was fiddling with his crossbow with Featherstep and Crosshair were watching the road.

“Anything yet?” Star asked.

Featherstep shook his head. “Nothin yet…”

Rook chuckled. “I didn’t know what this was what we signed up for, eh?” he said jokingly. Star merely rolled his eyes. “Aw, come on, that was good!”

“Shut up! I hear something!” Crosshair said.

Rook chuckled. “You hearin’ crap, Cross?” he asked, “that inching hoof of yours has infected your ear.”

“Buck you!”

“Shut up!” Feather snapped. “I hear it too!”

They looked at a wagon that passed by, a few griffons and ponies sitting down, holding weapons. “Weapons in view,” Feather said.

“That’s them,” Star said, reaching for his radio. “Stargazer to Vulture, got a wagon, multiple military aged creatures in view, moving to intercept.”

The four ponies slid out of the wagon. ‘Rogar Stargazer, unless an attack is imminent- do not engage,’ Vulture said over the radio.

The four ponies trotted down the street. “Wagon, right side,” Rook said, drawing a small hoof held crossbow.

Star bit his lip. “Go! Go!”

They walked up, watching as two griffons hopped off of a different wagon. “They’re here brothers! They’re here!” He called out before Rook threw him down.

“Come’ere!” he yelled, pinning him down.

A few griffons and ponies got off of the wagons. The two sides kept arguing as the wagon drove off. “They’re taking off!” Feather yelled.

Star grabbed his radio. “Vulture! Suspect wagon heading your way!” he said.

They watched as the wagon exploded in a massive fireball, sending the civilians into a panic and knocking the two forces to the ground.

‘Stargazer, missed your last, say again?’

“Bow! Bow!” Feather called out.

Star looked up to see the griffon that Rook pinned standing up with Rooks sidehoof crossbow before firing the weapon into Rook’s head.

“No!” Star cried as he watched Rook fall down dead in a pool of red, before drawing his own sidehoof and firing it at the griffon, taking him down.

The three guards took out a few more ponies and griffons. “Clear!” Star yelled.

“Buck!” Feather yelled.

Crosshair examined Rook’s body. “Rook’s gone! They bucking got him!”

Star’s radio started going off. ‘Stargazer! What the hay is going on down there?!”

“There’s been a detonation at Manehattan! Shots fired! Guards down!” Star yelled into his radio. He picked himself up. “We need medical down here!”

The three guards ran into the firestorm left after the explosion. They stared in horror and shock. “Bucking Tartarus, Star Striker- Look at what they did to our home!”

Star snarled. “And they’re not done yet! Come on, let’s move!” The three ponies moved up into the battlefield.

Star ducked behind a vacant wagon. I’m the distance, they heard screams and crossbows firing.

“That’s auto fire!” Cross yelled.

Feather looked over. “Yeah! And we got bucking sidehooves!”

Star raised up to see a griffon standing over a wagon, firing an automatic crossbow into the wagon, killing any occupants, as well as two more ponies walking with their automatic crossbows.

Star aimed for the one on the wagon first, trying to avoid the civilians running past. He sent about five crossbow bolts into the griffon before he collapsed. He ran up and grabbed the automatic crossbow and ran over to a nearby subway station. Feather ran over. “I’ll take this one, go get the other one with Cross!”

“Yes Sergeant!”

Star ran over to Crosshair, who looked over. “Come on Star!”

“Right behind you!”

The two ran up the subway. Cross ran a bit ahead. He turned back. “Come on! Keep up!” He looked up to see a few griffons firing. The two ponies took cover, then took out the griffons. “I’ll take point!” Cross yelled. He left cover then heard a battlecry. A griffon in a dynamite vest charged at him. “Oh shi—”

Star shut his eyes as an explosion rang out. A tear left his eye as he passed by the blast mark and his friend’s mutilated body. He ran into the subway station, where few civilians were being led away by a guard as a few rushed over. Star reached for his radio. “Vulture, Crosshair is K.I.A, it’s just me and Featherstep.”

‘Affirmative. I’m sorry…’

“I’m moving to the bookshop.”

‘Confirmed.’

The unicorn ran out of the subway station, taking one last look at his earth pony friend, and headed for the bookshop, passing by Feather. “Hey, where’s Cross?”

“...Dead.”

Feather gritted his teeth. “Let’s go.”

The two ran toward a lounge, running in. Star took out the griffons in the lounge and moved up stairs, taking out two more griffons on the second floor, one of which had a scoped crossbow. A guard came back on the radio.

‘There are civilians trapped by the large wagon! They have no weapons!’

Star peered through the scope, noticing five ponies hiding behind a wagon. He then saw one pony running from in front of said wagon. He was shot in the back by a crossbow. Another pony walked up and killed the injured pony.

‘Go! Get outta there!’

Star took a breath, then shot the pony before he killed the civilians. A guard came and escorted the civilians away.

Feather looked at him from the first floor. “Yeah! Proper bucking shooting sir!”

Star nodded and ran back down. He picked up his radio, which went off.

‘Sergeant Featherstep! There’s a possible hostage situation at the hotel!’

The two ponies nodded and ran towards the hotel. A few guards were fighting a few griffons and ponies. He pulled his radio out. “Vulture! We need assistance! Where’s the bucking army?!”

‘EUP assault teams are on the way! Hang tight!’

“Buck! Alright!” Star yelled. He ran behind a wagon, hiding behind it. He aimed it at a griffon. Feather ran up to the front of the hotel. Another battlecry rang out.

Feather looked up. “Dynamite vest! Shoot him! Shoo—” Another explosion rang out, killing most of the guards as well as Featherstep.

“Buck!” Star said, before running towards the hotel. A bit of debris covered the entrance. As he tried to move it, a griffon ran up from the hotel hallway and stabbed him in the chest. “Argh!”

The griffon towered over him, and raised his knife. Before he could stab him, a crossbow bolt ended up in the griffon's head. He looked over to see a pair of magenta hooves standing over him.

“Get him outta here,” a mare’s voice said.

“Yes ma’am.” A few guards ran over and picked Star up and carried him off. He got one last look at the magenta unicorn. Her sea-green eyes turned to the building, before she walked in.

~~~

“Fifty civilian casualties…” Hive said. “Fifty. Civilian. Casualties.” He clutched the paper in his hooves. The Fangs exchanged glances. Then, Broken looked up.

“...Where do we sign?”