• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 1,589 Views, 73 Comments

Shy and Aggressive: Book 2 - Johng117



After thwarting a horde of malevolent mutations, The Main 7, The Dazzlings and Mutant 4 find themselves marooned onto a foreign world.

  • ...
6
 73
 1,589

Chapter 26: Faustian Deal

Junior found himself standing on Ponyville High's campus grounds. He was quickly met with two campus officers. Junior felt dread as he saw a pair of handcuffs to be hanging from the side of one of the officers. They were the hand cuffs designed to restrain Transmutants.


Junior quickly found his wrists bounded and was hauled away. He found the eyes of all the students in the area to be staring. Their eyes full of contempt and judgement.


"He's a muderer. Killer. Monster." Multiple voices echoed out in the boy's mind. All coming from the students that watched him.


"No! It wasn't me!" cried Junior. He suddenly felt himself punched in the rib by one of the officers. They then threw him to the ground.


Junior grunted as he remained on his hands and knees, on the cold concrete floor. He raised his head, finding himself surrounded by metallic bars. He was in a familiar holding cell of a police station. Junior heard the buzz of a television, prompting him to turn and see it playing a news report.


"A video of the Transmutant vigilante, dubbed X, surfaced online and went viral the previous night. An anonymous person had turned in the video to the local police of Ponyville, allowing officers to arrest Gojira Takeshi Jr.," said a woman on the screen as the footage slowed down as X's face was revealed. The video paused to show a clear picture of Xenjira's face. Alongside the screen was a comparison of Junior's mug shot. The boy gritted his teeth.


"Hey kid!" A voice called out. Junior turned to find a man glaring at him from a neighboring cell.
"You better hope they lock us far from each other. Because I'm coming for your ass," said the man, making a cutting motion at his throat.


"It wasn't me, goddamit! I'm innocent!" Junior shouted.


"Bullshit! That's your face!" said the man.


"It's not! It's Xenjira! It's not me, I swear!" cried Junior in desperation. He knew that no good would come from this. Being mistaken for a man that killed people that were a part of the Purist movement.


"We know who you are," said the man, coldly. Junior felt a chill as he spoke. He failed to notice his cell door opening up behind.


"We know your name, your face, your school, your friends, and where you live," said the man as his eyes began to sink into his sockets, and his flesh shriveled, exposing the structure of his skull. A wicked grin appeared on his face, as the flesh slowly eroded away. Junior shuddered as he backed away from the man, as the words sunk in. He was known. Everyone was in danger because of being associated with him.


Junior suddenly felt something wrapped around his neck. A leather belt was strangling him. Junior gagged and gasped for air, as his assailant choked him. Junior looked back, finding Xenjira looking at him with a sinister smile, having a tight hold on the belt.


"Hey, little brother," greeted Xenjira. Junior was unable to fight back, as his body grew weak from the deprivation of oxygen.


Before Junior could pass out, he found himself suddenly standing back in school. His eyes were darting around, finding students pass by, glaring at him with a glance. The same eyes from before were looking at him. Junior attempted to run, but found himself stumbling into the cafeteria. He froze as he found himself standing before a table, where he found the Main 7 and Mutant 4 to be sitting. They paid him no mind as he stood just beside them.


"Guys..." Junior called, weakly. Twilight merely glanced at him with a frigid glare. Junior stepped back as the rest began to give him the same look.


"Guys, please! I didn't do it! I swear to God, it wasn't me!" Junior cried desperately. He looked to each of them, who looked at him with contempt. He then turned to Fluttershy, who's eyes seemed the coldest of all.


"You monster," said Fluttershy. Junior turned and bolted out of the cafeteria. The hall began to disintegrate into a dark void. Echoing whispers filled Junior's ears, as a cluster of eyes appeared, staring at him.


"It was you. We know you did it. Stop lying." Multiple voices whispered. Junior panted as he ran, while the floor behind him began to give away. No matter how far he ran, or how fast, he wasn't able to escape.


"It wasn't me!!" Junior cried. He suddenly felt the floor beneath his feet give way. Junior found himself plummeting down into the dark abyss.


Junior gasped as his eyes shot open. He once again found himself in a familiar bed. He sighed as he got up, finding the morning sun shining through the large window. His racing heart in his chest began to settle.




Later that morning, Junior found himself sitting at the dining hall table. Malicia was eating from her plate, while Junior sat in silence. His eyes appeared baggy as he half halfheartedly ate. The empress noticed his state.


"Is something wrong, dear?" asked Malicia.


"Yeah. I just... have had trouble sleeping these past few days," said Junior in a tired tone. The nightmares he's been experiencing have lasted a few nights already. He couldn't fathom why they kept coming. But they always haunted him. He was constantly reminded of the past that he hated.


"What kind of life is waiting for me back home?" Junior muttered to himself.


"Pardon?" asked Malicia.


"Nothing. I should get ready for my next set of matches," said Junior as he he stood.


"Here, you will need energy," said Malicia, holding up a pastry to the boy. Junior took it with a weak smile.


"Thanks."


As Junior began to leave, Malicia failed to suppress a dark smirk. She giggled as the doors closed, leaving her alone.


"Proceeding as planned?" asked Sigyn, walking over to the table.


"Swimmingly," said Malicia as she ate a pastry.


"I've been influencing his dreams by creating nightmares that exaggerates his old hated memories. Already he's starting to second guess ever returning," said Malicia.


"That won't be enough," said Sigyn.


"Right, you are. But, I see that he's developing a taste for the glory and fame as a gladiator. That will contribute to what I have planned. Though those gladiators he's gotten close to may cause an issue," said Malicia.


"How do you want us to handle them?" asked Sigyn.


"Mm. I say we let the games handle that. It's but a matter of time," said Malicia. Then, a thought crossed her mind.


"I've been meaning to ask about one prisoner," said Malicia.


"The Purists?" asked Sigyn.


"No, not them. You know the one," said Malicia, waving a dismissive hand.


"Oh. Him? He was requested for the games, so Kenra's escorting him to the Colosseum," said Sigyn.


"Oh? I wasn't expecting his 'break' to be done so soon. Perhaps this time, his head will roll." Malicia cackled.


Junior sighed as he wandered aimlessly through the city of Lur. His eyes were cold. During his walk, the boy's mind wandered to the previous nights he's experienced. Memories of his mistakes being thrown back in his face. The harsh reality of his life being brought to greet him. But worse of all, he just kept thinking back to that dreadful day, when the ones he thought were his friends had betrayed him.


Junior found himself walking into the Colosseum. He made his way to the holding cell, where today's gladiators were to wait. He entered and was immediately greeted by a rough pat on the back.


"Gojira! Glad ya made it! I'm sure you'll get the crowd going today!" laughed Krush. Junior weakly smiled.


"Hey, is something wrong, friend?" asked Krush.


"I'm just a little worn out today," said Junior, as Kiri and Birdman made their way over to greet him. Kiri sighed.


"I told you to stop coming by at night. You're wearing yourself out," said Kiri in disapproval.


"Yeah, but it's no fun being cooped up in that citadel. The guards are stiffs, the help is either busy or stuck up, and I can't bug the Empress for a conversation whenever I'm bored," said Junior.


"Hmm. I never knew you and the evil bitch were close," said Krush. Kiri sighed in exasperation.


"Gojira, I thought I told you not to get close to her! She can't be trusted!" said Kiri.


"Kiri, I'm telling you. There's more to her than you think," argued Junior.


"Gojira... I have to tell you. There's talk among the other gladiators, especially the newest ones. It seems like they have it out for you," said Kiri, biting her lip. She glanced behind herself, seeing some gladiators looking over from the other side of the room.


"What do you mean?" asked Junior.


"You know how some are prisoners of war or have committed crimes considered heinous to the crown, right? Well, they think that you're like Malicia's prized possession for the games since she sponsors you. You've seen how popular you've been getting, right?" asked Kiri, almost in a whisper.


"Yeah. So what? They're hellbent on killing me because they think it's the closest to them hurting Malicia?" asked Junior, matching her tone.


"Exactly!" said Kiri.


"It's no different from the previous games. I'll just kick their asses like always," said Junior with a shrug. Kiri grunted in frustration.


"Go- Ugh. I love your confidence, but I think you're being careless," said Kiri in dismay.


"You're worrying too much. Today will just be like any other day," said Junior. Kiri sighed.


"Just be careful," said Kiri.



Meanwhile, just in a cell not too far, A group of gladiators were armored up. They were a more rugged bunch compared to the likes nearby. They were larger, more experienced, as was hinted at from the battle scars that they carried on their flesh. One of them took notice of a man passing by, looking through the grate to the cell door.


As the stranger passed by, a red gem came flying between the bars, landing in the sand at the gladiator's feet. He merely brought his foot over it and brought it close. He glanced at the other gladiators, who bore stoic looks as they lounged about, awaiting for the games to begin. One of them carried a pair of walnuts, grinding them together in the palm of his large hand.


The men heard the announcer speaking from outside of their cell at the arena. They listened as the audience cheered, welcoming their beloved Empress as she attended these barbaric games once again. She has been coming to these a lot lately. And these gladiators knew why.


"Taking down a Demi-Titan is not possible," said one of the gladiators.


"It's no simple task, but it isn't impossible either," said another gladiator, spitting to the ground.


"We have no chance at doing this as we are. The playing field must be leveled."


The men were soon led out of their cell, with a team of guards escorting them. The gladiators made no effort to resist, for they knew it was futile. They being prisoners for their treachery against the crown meant that these guards would not hesitate to put them down should they do something that they weren't permitted to do.


The gladiators were led to the armory, where they began to select their desired equipment. During this, one gladiator held the red gem close to the hilt of the sword. The gem briefly flashed before flying out of the man's fingers, attaching itself to the weapon. The sword briefly flashed, while its handle began to transform. The guard now held the gem inside of a pendant that had formed into the weapon. The sword seemed to vibrate in the gladiator's hand, as a heat began to build up.

The gladiator turned to find other gladiators to be drawing out gems, all a different color. The gems fused to their weapons, slightly altering their appearance, unbeknownst to the guards that had locked them inside.


Meanwhile, Junior found himself walking through a dark tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, he saw the gate to be raising, leading out to the arena. The sun's light beckoned him to come forth. The audience's cheers cried for him.
Junior stepped out to the arena, where he was once again met with thunderous applause and cheers by the adoring crowd. He smile and waved. He then proceeded to flex, which prompted the screams of some women from the audience.


"I LOVE YOU!" A woman screamed as she rubbed her own breasts, whining in pleasure. Junior cringed as he quickly stopped.


'Yeah, maybe I should cut out the showboating. I'm starting to feel like a jackass anyway,' thought Junior. He noticed how several women at the front rows were looking on lustfully at him. Whining in orgasmic glee. Junior heard about how sexual acts were more like a common recreation in the empire. He just never realized just what kind of degenerates that it spawned. Not even others in the audience payed mind as these 'fan girls' touched themselves.


Junior tore his attention from the audience. He instead focused on the opposing gladiators that made their way into the arena. The ones running this show wanted more thrills and stakes. So, a group of gladiators will be fought all at once. Junior was on his own. But, he was no stranger to these kinds of fights. Junior rolled his neck and popped his joints. His eyes narrowed as the gladiators drew their weapons.


"So, you're Malicia's prized gladiator? I'll take pleasure in cutting you down," said a gladiator, venom in his tone.


"Bring it on," said Junior.


The bell rang. Junior quickly stepped back as the gladiators approached. The boy's eyes darted to each of his five opponents, looking for the one who would be bold enough to strike first. Junior quickly raised his shield as gladiator 1 went in first, swinging his sword at the boy. The shield caught the blade, but, left behind a spark of flames. Junior yelped as he stepped back, feeling the heat of the flames from behind his shield. His eyes were wide.


"The fuck was that?!" exclaimed Junior.


"Whoa! Did you see that?" Kenra asked, looking on at the match from the royal sky box. Malicia slightly narrowed her eyes.


"An enchanted sword..." said Malicia.


Meanwhile, back at the arena, the audience watched as Junior continued to retreat, as the gladiators chased him down. One of them swung his hammer, which sent a bolt of lightning through the arena, sticking Junior's shield. The mutant was knocked off of his feet, as the metal on his weapon and armor conducted the electricity. Junior cried out in agony as he lied on the ground, sparking. The audience cheered and watched in anticipation. Some cheered for Junior to fight on.


"Looks like all of them have enchanted weapons. You wanna call it off?" asked Kenra, turning to Malicia. The empress kept a stoic look.


"No. Let's see if he can adapt. Besides, it'd ruin the entertainment if I were to put an end to this game because of favoritism," said Malicia.


Junior grunted as he dodged the swing of an axe, leading to him to counter with a kick to his opponent, sending him staggering. The teen barely had time to regain his footing, as the third gladiator of the group came rushing over with a sword, coated in frost. Junior narrowly avoided the strike. He saw that the blade left a trail of cold mist.


"Hey, this isn't even fair! Why do you guys get the weird elemental bullshit?!" Junior demanded.


"Fair? You whine like a child. This is the only way we have a chance against you," said a gladiator, raising a blade coated in flames. Junior hardened his expression. He continued to evade the attacks from his opponents, his mind thinking of a way to counter in unison. The boy took note of the weapons and their dangers. The electrified hammer of course would deal blunt force trauma, and the electricity it gave off would conduct against his armor and shield, causing more agony.


The flame sword would prove to send nasty burns, but the shield can at least take some of the heat. All that left was Junior having to avoid catching on fire. Then there were three other weapons. A sword of frost, an axe wrapped in green glowing vines, and a spear with that bore a gust of wind swirling around the tip.


"Come on. Think! Think!" Junior muttered to himself. He yelped as he found himself blown off of his feet by a strong gust of wind. He rolled along the earth, just as the axe wielder came charging in. With a swing of his axe, multiple vines shot forth and wrapped around the boy's arms and legs. The vines snapped from the axe, while the lightning wielding gladiator swung his weapon at the boy. Junior was met with the blow from the iron head, simultaneously suffering from the electricity that coursed through him. Junior cried out in agony as he lied on the ground, the vines having withered and burned away as the electricity spread.


Meanwhile, from just a holding cell at one corner of the arena, the gladiators watched. Kiri cupped her mouth in horror, while Krush watched with a grimace.


Junior grunted as he clutched his arm, an excruciating sharp pain shot through him. There was no doubt about it. His arm was broken from that blow. He let it hung as he stood, his left arm still holding his shield. He found his opponents stalking closer. At this rate, he'll be dead. Junior began to quickly ponder his next move. He knew that the biggest hazard was the electricity, since it conducted with his equipment. But, how could he expect to defend himself without it? A broken arm made Junior's situation more precarious.


'I just gotta take a chance!'


Junior dropped his shield to the ground, prompting a gasp from the audience. The boy then began to remove the armor that covered his right arm. He winced at the strain the process had on his injury.


"Ah! He discarded his equipment! Smart, considering that the lightning is less likely to get him," said Krush.


"What good is it if he's defenseless?!" Kiri cried.


Junior snarled as he backed away, while the gladiators continued to stalk towards him. His eyes became reptilian, his senses began to kick into over drive. His mind read each and every movement that they made, processed every breath, and every heartbeat.


"Your death is sure to get her goat. Especially when people see how you Demi-Titans are not invincible," said a gladiator.


It was here that Junior noticed something. Before, the gladiators were spread out and kept their distance from each other. Considering their weapons, it was likely that this was to avoid hitting each other with the elements. The lightning hammer was a definite hazard in a group as this. But now, in their over confidence, the gladiators were now close together in their eagerness to finish him off. The boy couldn't ask for a better opportunity to exploit them.


Junior suddenly burst into a charge. With the short distance and speed of the teen, he was able to reach the flame gladiator in a mere few milliseconds. The gladiator was slow to react, swinging his fiery blade. Junior swiftly passed the strike, feeling the heat against him. The hairs on his body were singed by the close contact. Junior countered with a left hook to the jaw. The blow knocked the gladiator cold to the ground.


"Bastard!" The ice gladiator swung his frosted blade, sending a barrage of nail sized ice spikes. Junior quickly raised his arm to shield his face. Instinctively, he had raised his broken right arm as well. But, just moments before, he had felt the pain slip away, and the pop of bones. He had regenerated. He had successfully raised both arms to shield his face. While his reptilian arm blocked the ice, his right took on a few spikes. But, Junior's adrenaline allowed him to press on.


With a shout, Junior lunged for the ice gladiator. After pinning him to the ground, he quickly leapt off, as the earth gladiator came swinging his axe. After he missed, Junior grabbed him by the ankle and pulled him off of his feet. The mutant began to swing his foe around, as the remaining gladiators scrambled to retaliate. Junior threw the earth gladiator to the ice gladiator. The two lied sprawled on the ground in pain.


Junior made a dash for the wind gladiator, who swung his spear across the sand, sending a large cloud of dust into the air. Junior clenched his eyes shut as he stopped. He was blind, but his animalistic senses tuned themselves to adapt.


"You fool! You've blinded us as well!" A voice shouted. Junior had locked to the direction of the voice, allowing him to charge blindly through the dust cloud. There were two voices arguing. They were starting to panic, which meant that they were bound to act more carelessly. One of them, Junior was focused on the most.


The boy grunted as he felt himself ram into someone. He charged out from the dust cloud and stopped. He found the wind gladiator on the ground at his feet. The gladiator cursed as he swung his weapon at the boy, who caught it before it could make contact with him. He then swung his opponent over his shoulders and to the ground. The gladiator kept a grip on the spear, snarling at the mutant.


Before Junior could deal another blow, he saw flashes of lightning shoot out from the dust cloud, followed by the crash of thunder. The lightning shot out in several different directions, sometimes striking the barrier, which startled the audience. This only confirmed Junior's hypothesis. Panic had set in these once confident warriors.


A lightning bolt suddenly came crashing towards Junior and the wind gladiator. The boy quickly released the spear and jumped out of the way. The lightning connected to the spear and jolted through the wind gladiator, who went down in sparks and a plume of smoke. Junior turned his attention to the plume of smoke, where lightning continued to flash. There was only one left to deal with.


Junior sprinted towards the cloud of dust. Meanwhile, lightning strikes narrowly shot passed him. He pressed on, seeing that his window of opportunity failing due to the dust clearing. The lightning gladiator had his back turned towards him. Junior picked up his pace.


The lightning gladiator suddenly turned to find Junior closing in on him. Without thinking, the gladiator raised his hammer and sent forth a stream of electricity. Junior was stopped dead in his tracks. He grunted as the electricity coursed through his body, forcing him to his knees.


"DIE!" The gladiator shouted. Junior wailed as the sparks tormented him. The audience watched in anticipation. They were at the edges of their seats, witnessing what may be this rising champion's very last fight. Junior's cries carried throughout the colosseum, even able to be heard by those outside.


Junior gritted his teeth as the electricity burned the surface of his flesh. He began to rise to his feet, pressing through the agony. Everyone watched in shock and awe.


"Holy shit!" Kenra exclaimed.


"No! Stay back! Just die!" cried the gladiator, as he took a step back, while keeping the lightning flowing. Junior snarled as he approached, ignoring the pain. He grabbed the gem that lied embedded on the head of the hammer. With all of his might, he crushed the gem in the palm of his hand. The raw power of the gem burst and sent the two flying off their feet. Junior groaned as he stood, feeling the sparks linger. He began to tremble, but remained standing. He approached the lightning gladiator, who struggled to even stand. Junior looked down at him with a hard expression, while the gladiator looked at him with hate filled eyes.


"Kill him!" shouted a man from the audience.


"They deserve your wrath for fighting dishonorably!" shouted another man.


"KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!" the audience suddenly began to chant. Junior turned to find that everyone had stood to their feet, crying for blood to be spilled. They demanded it, for these gladiators fought dishonorably. Whatever that meant. Junior assumed it was because they brought in some sort of enchanted weaponry to this match, while he only had common equipment to work with. They may have had a point. Junior had every right to kill them. It was his survival on the line. But then again, they all lied beaten. They were no longer a threat.


Junior turned his attention to Malicia's skybox, finding her look down at the arena with cold eyes. He felt a chill. It was a very familiar and dangerous look. Junior turned his attention back to the lightning gladiator, who had passed out.


"I'm done," said Junior as he walked away.

The audience suddenly erupted into 'boos'. They shouted for the boy to draw blood. This only made Junior even more reluctant. There was a lot wrong with these people. Junior began to see that. It was no wonder why the other nations despised the Dogomites. Soon, Junior returned to the holding cell, where he was out of sight from the audience. Kiri rushed to him, a look of worry on her face.


"Are you alright?" asked Kiri.


"Yeah... I'm good," said Junior with a wince. His entire body hurt. His skin was covered in burns from the lightning, and his right arm had bruised up from being broken.


"You've done it again, friend! You are a legend!" laughed Krush. Junior weakly smiled.


"Yeah. Thanks. I'm just gonna..." Junior suddenly fell forward, collapsing to the ground. The last thing he heard was Kiri crying out his name.


Junior's eyes opened. He found himself staring up to a clear blue sky. The boy rose himself up, his eyes widening. He found himself sitting in the middle of a lush green field. A gentle breeze brushed against his skin, as the warm sun bathed him in its light. As far as the boy could see, there was green. He softly smiled to himself as he took in a deep breath and inhaled the fresh air. He heard the beating of a bumblebee's wings, buzzing over to a patch of flowers. Its body picked up the pollen, before flying off to the distance. Junior couldn't help but enjoy the serenity of the natural land, even when alone.


"Alone." A voice suddenly spoke. Junior lost his smile as the air seemed to grow cold. He looked up to find the sky to have darkened with clouds. The roar of thunder filled the air. From the clouds, rain began to pour. Junior winced as he was drenched in the freezing cold water. He began to stand, as the water quickly soaked into his clothes. The boy suddenly found himself standing in a familiar neighborhood. His home stood just behind him. He became disheartened as he saw that the lights to his home were off.


"All alone." The voice spoke again.

Junior turned to the neighboring house, his eyes slightly widening. He found Fluttershy to be standing at the porch of her home. He would be relieved if not for the expression that she had. The girl had a cold and indifferent look. She just stared as Junior was pelted by rain water. Fluttershy then turned and entered her home, closing the door shut. The lights to the house dimmed to darkness, leaving Junior to be standing in the cold without so much of a star to guide him. His shoes began to soak up water, as it began to flood the earth. Lighting crashed and thunder roared, demanding that the boy submit.


The clouds above began to form into a shape. The shape was that of reptilian snout, and a pair of soulless eyes. The thunder roared and rumbled as the face stared down at its prey. Junior merely held his own shoulders, beginning to shiver as the air grew much colder. His eyes were downcast.


"You will always be alone."




Junior's eyes opened again. He found himself looking up to the familiar ceiling of Malicia's Citadel. The boy sluggishly rose out of bed, but hissed in pain. In his drowsiness, he stood up from the bed, feeling his legs tremble. The boy felt like he was going to collapse under his own weight. He found that it was evening, from the moonlight shining onto balcony connected to the room.


Junior winced as he sluggishly made his way to the door, but stopped as he found the mirror in the room. He turned his sight to his reflection, finding electric-like patterns along his flesh. He felt at his chest and arms, wincing at the tenderness that they felt. However, he realized that the scars he had experienced may have healed. But, the skin around his wounds was dead and pealing, like the end result of a sunburn. Junior began to peel a bit at the skin with a sigh.


"What am I doing to myself?" asked Junior.


The boy stopped peeling at his skin and made his way out the door. He found the halls to be dark, without a hint of activity. Junior felt a growl in his gut, causing him to grimace.


"I wonder if I can trouble someone to make me a late dinner or something," said Junior as he began to walk out of his room, his steps still sluggish.


Never had he felt this exhausted before. The boy soon made his way to the empty dining hall, his sight having adjusted to the darkness. Junior hummed, making his way to the kitchen. He whistled to himself, finding the pristine facility. He found the different tables that filled the room, where a large brick oven stood. There was also a black empty cauldron and what appeared to be a primitive stove built with the rest of the counters and made up entirely of stone and iron. There were multiple pits on the surface of the top, stained with black.


Junior began to note the pots, pans, knives and other essentials to be resting in their proper places. Including a hand crank meat grinder


"Guess I'll whip something up," said Junior as he began to roam the kitchen. He came across a closet, finding it to be containing sacks and crates full of different vegetables.


"For a place suffering from famine, they sure keep the closet stocked," said Junior as he began to look through the room. He began to bring out some vegetables that caught his eye, bringing them out to the kitchen. He scratched his head.


"Please tell me they keep the protein stashed here," said Junior as he began to look around. He noticed another door. This one seemed to be heavier than the other, with iron making it up. He opened the door, feeling the cold air brush against his skin. Junior found another room, much larger than the one that contained the vegetables. He found the room to be bearing shelves filled with headless bald chickens, turkeys, and large bugs. There were also meat hooks that held the carcasses of cows, lambs and pigs.


"Jackpot! Wonder how they keep the place so cold like a meat locker," said Junior in awe. He bit his lip as he scanned all of the meats that were available to him. They all looked so appetizing that he couldn't decide.


"Better just take what I need," said Junior. He began to take some cuts of beef and began to bring them over to the table. He then rushed back into the meat locker and began to haul out a pig, which was pre cut in half. Junior set it down on the table with a sigh.


"Let's see if I can pull it off," said Junior.


"A little late for a meal, isn't it?"


Junior gasped, jumping with a start. He turned to find Malicia to be standing in the door way, dressed in silken pajamas. She greeted the boy with a smile.


"Oh. Hey, yeah I just wanted a bite to eat." said Junior, sheepishly. Malicia made her way over, looking over the selected items.


"Mm. May I?" Malicia took a piece of cut meat and plopped it into her mouth. Junior gave her an odd look.


"What? I always appreciate my meat to be raw," said Malicia, shrugging. Junior thought this made sense. He himself had would have a random urge to eat meat raw as of late. But, that was the primal beast inside talking.


"I uh... Wasn't intending to eat it raw. I was hoping to cook it," said Junior.


"Oh? What do you plan on cooking with this much meat?" asked Malicia.


"Well, I was hoping to make some burgers or something. A little taste of home," answered Junior.


"Sounds interesting. Perhaps I can help," said Malicia. Junior merely smiled.


The two spent the hour preparing the food. Junior set the cuts of beef into a grinder. All the while, Malicia began to cut up the hog that was brought out. Junior instructed her to make specific thin slices from the meat. All the while, Junior began to form the grinded up beef into patties, which he had mixed with diced peppers.


Eventually, the two stood at the cooking stations, cooking the meats. Junior looked to his side, finding loaves of bread, along with some diced vegetables and logs of cheese.


"Alright, just one more thing," said Junior as he drew out a knife, taking one of the loaves of bread. He began to cut them into crude slices. Malicia looked at him oddly, once he began to pair the slices together.


"What are are you doing?" Asked Malicia.


"Can't have a burger without buns. But we'll have to work with sliced bread," said Junior.


"How interesting." Malicia watched as Junior began to decorate the pairs of slices with cheese coated patties and vegetables.


The two soon found themselves standing over a tray full of bacon cheese burgers. The two began to feast on the hot meals. The juices from the meats reached their taste buds, mixing with the earthy taste of the vegetables, the grain of the bread, and the melted cheese. The peppers that were embedded into the beef also created a kick of spice that enhanced the flavors.


"You're quite the culinary expert," said Malicia, chewing her food.


"Eh. Your cooks are another level. But I'm impressed with myself for being able to pull this off from scratch for the first time," said Junior. He then pointed to one of the remaining sandwiches.


"When dad wasn't around, I did my best to become 'the man of the house' to help my mom. That included doing my chores, getting to bed early for school, and even cooking. Mom was a great teacher when it came to that," said Junior, a frown on his face. He then cleared his throat.


"By the way, the bacon is perfect for breakfast too. Goes great with eggs," said Junior.


"I'll have to tell my cooks about this," said Malicia, smiling. Junior sighed.


"Man, I feel like I haven't eaten in days," said Junior.


"Well, you were unconscious for a day and a half," said Malicia. Junior began to cough as he choked on a piece of lettuce from his food. After dislodging it, he looked to the empress in shock.


"Really?"


"The battle took quite a toll on you. For an inexperienced demi-titan, it was miraculous how you pulled through. But your body needed to recover," said Malicia. Junior sighed.


"I don't know whether I'm the luckiest or unluckiest guy alive," said Junior. He noticed Malicia to be opening up a kettle full of water. She began to pour an unfamiliar black powder into it and began to stir.


"Here, drink this," said Malicia as she poured the clouded water into two chalices.


"What is that?" asked Junior.


"It's just a powdered special mineral that our kind can consume. It nourishes us and helps us recover," said Malicia as she passed a chalice to the boy. Junior waited until he saw the woman take the first drink. Seeing that she did, without so much a reaction, Junior took a drink. He stiffened as he felt a metallic taste. But, he was able to gulp down the drink. He sighed, feeling a tingling sensation in his gut, then a warmth.


"Uh... I don't think that stuff agreed with me," said Junior in worry.


"Does your stomach have a warm tingle? That's normal," said Malicia in reassurance. She began to pour more water, urging the boy to drink more. Junior reluctantly complied, feeling like a child not wanting to take his medicine.


"You've impressed me again, Gojira. You've shown yourself to be cunning and capable of adapting," said Malicia.


"Thanks, but why was it that they had weapons like that? It seemed unfair," said Junior.


"I couldn't tell you. I believe they snuck in those enchantment geodes," said Malicia.


"Well, they seemed to have a bone to pick with me. Or rather you. One of them said something about making people see that Demi-Titans weren't invincible," said Junior. Malicia scoffed.


"Even if we're not, we still have great strength. Must've been one of those damned rebels," said Malicia. She then looked to Junior with a cocked brow.


"Why didn't you kill them?" asked Malicia. Junior sighed as he looked away.


"Not this again."


"You are well within your right, especially when they've brought in unsanctioned equipment into a gladiatorial game. You should've made an example of them," said Malicia, her tone carrying annoyance.


"Why? Wasn't it enough that I beat them? They have to live with the shame of failing to kill me," said Junior.


"Gojira, a fool shows mercy. If you keep this up, you will die," said Malicia, her tone cold. Junior was silent for a brief moment, feeling his senses scream of danger.


"Is that a threat?" asked Junior.


"It's a word of advice. You can't show weakness. You of all people should know that," said Malicia. Junior sighed.


"Look... I'm just not comfortable with... killing humans. I know that a lot of them are traitors and scum. But still, I feel like it's not my place," said Junior. Malicia huffed.


"Would you say the same thing about these 'Purists' that plagued you?" asked Malicia. Junior hardened his expression.


"I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT!" Junior shouted. His voice echoed out into the kitchen. Malicia looked at him with a stoic look. Junior grimaced as his eyes were downcast.


"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't-" Junior felt the empress caress his cheek.


"I know. I see that part of your past still haunts you," said Malicia. Junior gritted his teeth.


"Look, I know what it's like to hate a group that you see as a threat to you. You believe that they all ruin everything. You think about wiping them all out and believe that it'll solve all the problems in the world," said Junior, his tone bitter. He sharply exhaled through his nose.


"But... You realize that it's not your role to do that. You just... do what you can to protect yourself and those you love. I hate them. But I can't bring myself to do it. But I'm a hypocrite, because I'll nod in approval when someone else does. I realize that karma may have gotten me because of that," said Junior.


"Gojira, the reason why I bring this up is because the audience demands it. When they go to the games, they expect to see blood and carnage. Especially when gladiators are pit against each other," said Malicia


"Well too bad. I'm not here to satisfy their fucking bloodlust. I'm here for myself," said Junior. Malicia furrowed her brows.


"What do you think this will prove?" asked Malicia.


"That I'm not a monster," said Junior. Malicia stared at Junior, whose eyes were firm. Malicia grinded her teeth behind her sealed lips and stoic expression.


"Alright, let's have a wager," said Malicia.


"Wager?" asked Junior.


"If you can make it through the next five- No, three games, without taking a single human life, then you will be free to part from your contract early. Not only that, I will help you return to your friends," said Malicia.


"But... why? What about you teaching me how to... Survive?" asked Junior.


"If you succeed, then my teachings are meaningless. You would have the power and will in you," said Malicia.


"OK, so what do you get if I fail?" asked Junior, suspiciously. Malicia turned to face Junior with a serious and cold look.


"If you fail, then you belong to me," said Malicia. She approached the boy and began to caress his cheek.


"You'll live here and serve me for the rest of your life. You will be at my beck and call," said Malicia. Her tone became low and seductive as she caressed the boy's body.


"You will be mine. From the hair on your head, to the soles of your feet. And if I desire..."

Malicia forced herself against Junior. The boy was pinned to the wall, as the woman forced her leg beneath his groin. Junior gritted his teeth as she began to seductively rub her thigh up and down his nether region. Malicia smiled, taking note of Junior's aroused grunts. She leaned close to his ear, her breaths tickling him


"Your seed," Malicia whispered. Junior gasped as his face grew redder. The woman giggled as she began to lick Junior's neck, causing him to shudder. She continued to grind herself against him.


"Shall I give you a test run to help you decide?" asked Malicia with a pant. Junior held her back, his face beet red. Malicia furrowed her brows.


"If I win, you'll help me find my friends, right?" asked Junior. Malicia sighed.


"Yes," said Malicia.

With his mind off his arousal and that disturbing yet sexually stimulating display, Junior pondered the deal. It seemed fair. But if he failed, he'd be forced to stay here forever. He didn't know if he'd be allowed to contact his friends, let alone what exactly Malicia would have him do. At least aside from the obvious hints she sent.


But even if Junior lost, what reason did he have to fear? Malicia has been good to him all this time. There was no reason to worry.


"Let's say I don't. Then what?" asked Junior.


"Then we continue as normal. You'll be allowed to stay here for as long as you please. At least when your contract ends, which will be in a month," said Malicia.

Junior grimaced. He didn't have the confidence in lasting that long. What with his opponents seeming to grow stronger. Plus, some were willing to pull dirty tricks just to end him. Junior also couldn't be here for a month. Not with his friends out there.


"Alright. Then I'm in," said Junior as he held a hand out. Malicia instead leaned in and planted a kiss on Junior's cheek. The boy bore an odd look but felt a burning sensation on his skin. He cried out in pain as he clutched his face. A glowing mark began to spread over the right side of Junior's face, down below his cheek. He panted as he held the mark, which died down to a normal green tattoo-like imprint on his flesh.


"We have a deal," said Malicia.


"What... What did you do to me?" shuddered Junior.


"I placed a curse on you. The mark on your face represents our pact. It will know whether you kill or when you complete the games. There is no backing out," said Malicia, coldly. Junior began to shake. The look in her eyes, the tone of her voice brought him back to the first day he was here. He then thought back to their previous interactions. Her motherly ways, her compassion, her sympathy, understanding, her knowledge and wisdom. Junior began to wonder if any of it was real, or a façade.


'Never make a deal with her'


Kiri's words echoed into Junior's memory. He realized that he might have made a big mistake.


It was morning. The city of Lur was bustling. There was an area full of people gathered, where a Herald stood in his dark robes


"The war continues to be in the favor of the Dogomites! Our best warriors continue to push back the Sacramentonian scum to the ends of Equescidar! Continue your support for her majesty and her loyal troops! For victory will soon be Dogomoto's!" said the Herald.


Dogomites began to cheer from the crowd. From the crowd, Sunset stood alongside Angirasu and Manda. Sunset shook her head.


"How can these people be thrilled about a war?" asked Sunset.


"When you live in a dump like this, I guess you feel better knowing that your enemies might have it worse," said Manda.


"Come on. We should get back," said Angirasu as he carried a basket along with Sunset and Manda. The three began to leave.


"It’s been days and we're still nowhere near finding him," said Sunset, solemnly.


"We'll find him. Now that we're set up with a 'base', we can get serious on looking for him," said Manda.


"In other news, the gladiatorial games have kicked off in popularity due to a up and coming champion, sponsored by her royal majesty herself. A Demi-Titan," said the Herald. Sunset and Angirasu stopped dead in their tracks. The two looked to each other with wide eyes. People began to murmur in interest, while some cheered, knowing of this soon to be champion.


"After a rest from his last match, he is ready to get back into the arena! This time, with the blood and carnage of his earliest days! Come to the Colosseum this afternoon to see the Son of Leviathan!" said the Herald, as he pointed to a large poster on the wall. It depicted the image of a young man dressed in armor, wielding a sword, his eyes in a permanent scowl. Sunset's eyes widened as she recognized the face that was depicted.


"Aang!" Sunset cried.


"It just might be him. He could be in more trouble than I thought," said Angirasu with a grimace.


Later, the three had made their way to the other side of the city. They passed the crowded areas, and the narrow streets. The streets were suffocating due to amount of people that roamed the city at any given time.


Soon, they arrived to an empty area outside of the city's streets. The place that the catacombs. The three passed the gates and made their way to the pit that lied in the center. They descended the steps. Manda began to make deliberate few knocks. The door opened, where a MONARCH soldier peered through. He opened the door wider, allowing the mutants and girl in.


The room was filled with equipment that had been set up. From radios, to weapons and ammunition. The soldiers were busy maintaining their tools of war. Meanwhile, Aiko sat by the radio, which crackled.


"Alright, we'll try to make this quick. Stand by," said Aiko. She turned to Senior, who stood with his arms crossed.


"Takeshi, the rest of the platoon will be running out of rations soon. We have to regroup or really start making strives to find him," said Aiko.


"I'll remain here and find him myself if I must," said Senior firmly.


"Mr. Takeshi!" Sunset called, as she, Angirasu and Manda rushed over.


"You're back," said Senior, relieved.


"Boss, we may have found out where he might be. You're not gonna like it though," said Manda. Everyone in the area perked up as they heard this. They turned their attention to the conversation.


"Tell me," said Senior. Sunset handed Senior a poster, which depicted a smaller scaled version of the drawing they've seen before.


"There's buzz about a new gladiator. It might be him," said Sunset. Senior's eyes widened as he analyzed the poster.


"They called him a demi titan. And we all know that's what the people of this world calls Transmutants," said Angirasu. Senior furrowed his brows.


"Alright! We got a lead, people! Form up and let's discuss a plan!" said Aiko, calling over the entire rescue team. Everyone all gathered and stood in silence.


"Let's review with the intel we've gathered! Private Inoue!" said Aiko. Inoue cleared her throat as she stepped forward.


"Ma'am, the city is filled with countless soldiers that roam the streets. They mainly maintain order in the city. Especially in some of the more disordered areas," said Inoue.


"And the citadel?" asked Aiko.


"Heavily guarded and fortified. Impossible to infiltrate with the limited equipment and lack of satellite support. We haven't been able to confirm if our guy is even being held there," said Inoue.


"Alright. You kids. What have you been able to learn? Anything relevant to these gladiatorial games?" asked Aiko, holding up the poster.


"Nothing much really. All we know that it's a famous pass time and that... They get intense," said Twilight with a grimace. Miwa held her hands close, a slight whimper escaping her.


"Well, we might not have much time to gather more intel. He's apparently participating at noon," said Aiko, reading the poster.


"What?!" The teens and Miwa exclaimed.


"Here's what I'm thinking. We send out a small team for extraction. We make a quick getaway and come back here. We'll need to move fast. That means, we'll need those to infiltrate the Colosseum," said Aiko.


"Why don't we go? We can move in quick and be inconspicuous," said Twilight. Aiko grimaced. She didn't like the idea of sending out children to retrieve another. Even if they had strange powers.


"It may help that we send someone he'd recognize and trusts," said Senior. Aiko sighed.


"Alright, but you will need to stay in contact with each other and us. We'll provide the COMs. But, you'll have to be tactical. You can't just charge in blind and snatch him up. We need to extract him at least before the games," said Aiko. She then turned to the teens.


"Do whatever you have to. Use any trick you have. Just don't get caught or draw attention. We'll cover you from a distance," said Aiko. Twilight nodded, before gulping. This was the time to shine. They've come far. No turning back now.


Junior sighed as he stood before a mirror. He ran his fingers over the green mark that been made over the right side of his face. The longer he stared at it, the worse it made him feel. He hoped it wasn't permanent.


"You'll be expected to participate in the warm ups again with another group of gladiators. Maybe this time, try not to get attached to any of them. Your survival depends on it," said Malicia, standing beside the boy. Junior furrowed his brows. The callousness of this woman was starting to get under his skin. She made him look like a ray of sunshine in comparison.


"Yeah, I get it," said Junior.


"Remember, you are bound by our pact. Let's see if that 'mercy' can triumph over ruthlessness," said Malicia, a bemused look on her face.


"Gee, don't sound so enthusiastic. It seems like you want me to be your eternal servant," said Junior.


"Well, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy your company," said Malicia with a giggle. Junior slightly narrowed his eyes. There was something about this woman that he was beginning not to like. This wasn't like the normal banter they've had. It gave Junior a sense of unease.


'Obviously. She made a bet that if you lose, you are forced to stay here for life. And like a moron, you agreed to it? Agh but I can't stay here another month,' thought Junior, as he made his way out of the room. Junior was lost in his own thoughts.


Later, he found himself in a familiar holding cell. He was surrounded by familiar gladiators, including Kiri, Krush and Birdman.


"YOU DID WHAT?!" Kiri exclaimed. A look of horror was on her face. Junior winced at the loud volume, as well as the look she had.


"I uh... I made a bet with her that I can get through the next few games without killing a single human," said Junior.


"Oh no," said Krush with dread.


"He even bears a curse on him," said a gladiator, speaking as though he was staring at a man that would soon pass away due to some ailment.


"You- You bloody fool!" Kiri suddenly grabbed Junior by the shirt, staring angrily at him.


"I told you not to trust her!" Kiri shouted.


"Kiri, what was I supposed to do?! I can't stay in this land another month! I have friends out there, looking for me!" said Junior.


"Gojira, you've made a horrible mistake! You can't bargain with demons like her!" said Kiri.


"Look, I already faced what could be the worse that this place has to offer. What more can they do that's related to humans?" asked Junior.


"You are indeed a fool, boy," said a voice. Junior turned to find an unfamiliar, older man to be leaning against the wall. His face in a permanent scowl as his skin was covered in rough scarred patches.


"You thought with the head between your legs instead of the one on your shoulders. Now you've stuck that head somewhere it shouldn't go," said the man, his voice full of disdain.


"Hey, it wasn't like that! I said that I had friends who-"


"Yes, yes. Your precious friends are looking for you. And here you are, playing gladiator. What did Malicia bet for?" asked the man. Junior appeared hesitant for a bit.


"She... She wants to make me her servant or something for life," said Junior, scratching his head. Kiri gasped. The older man sighed and shook his head.


"You are indeed a fool. You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into," said the man. Junior hardened his expression.


"What the hell do you know?" asked Junior.


"More than you," said the man, before turning his eyes to the small window. Junior growled.


"Who's that prick, anyway?" asked Junior.


"That's Callous. He was apparently one of Malicia's most loyal soldiers. I'd keep my distance," said Kiri in a whisper.


"Why?" asked Junior.


"The man is scum. He's best known for purging entire towns that had faith in the Sacramentonians' God. A real Dogomite that worships that materialistic insect called, Arachna," scoffed Kiri.


"Well I dont give a shit who he prays to. As long as he doesn't try to screw with me like others have, then I'm fine," said Junior, dismissive.


"Gojira, I fear for you. You don't understand what kind of-" Kiri was interrupted as Junior placed a hand on her shoulder.


"Look, it'll be fine. I'm gonna prove her wrong," said Junior.


It was noon. There were crowds of people flocking into the Colloseum for today's games. Today was quite anticipated because the rising champion was said to be returning.


The Main 7, Dazzlings and Mutant 3 of 4 were doing their best to blend with the crowd. All wore clothes that fit in with the more "modern" civilizations of Equescidar. They made their way to an area, where a small office lied. Citizens were lined up, exchanging coin for tickets to enter.


"We're waiting in line for tickets. We're up next, over," said Twilight, holding a finger to the COM in her ear.


"Copy. Proceed as normal. Make sure you scope everything out once inside," said Aiko over the COM.


The teens soon began to pay the admission price for a ticket. 15 silvers per person. A rather steep price, but affordable for them none the less. The teens began to make their way into the great Colosseum. They looked on in awe at the size of the place. The deep pit in the center that was covered in white sand, representing the arena.


"Alright, let's grab some seats close to the arena," said Twilight. She gasped as a swift breeze moved passed her. Rainbow appeared down to the first couple of front rows, waving at the group.


"Alright, watch your step now," said Applejack, as the teens hurriedly joined the tomboy. They found the Colosseum to being quickly filled up by citizens. The teens began to take notice of guards to be standing around, posted near entrances, and stair ways.


"Ugh. Looks like they have guards posted around," said Twilight.


"Do you have eyes on our guy?" asked Aiko over the COM.


"Nothing. I think he's being held somewhere for now," answered Twilight.


"OK. Can you get some eyes on that?" asked Aiko.


"I think I've got a spell for that," said Sunset.


Later, Sunset, Mosura and Fluttershy found themselves roaming through the halls of the Colloseum. Their eyes scanned every direction, as more Dogomites passed. Sunset took notice of a pair of guards to be walking by.


"That Demi-Titan's back for today's games, right?" asked the second guard.


"Indeed. Word around here is that apparently this time he'll put on quite a show," said the first guard.


"Well, we better get to the dungeon. Those scum are due for the warm ups," said the second guard.


"Follow me." Sunset turned back to whisper at her friends. The three tailed after the two guards, moving away from the Colosseum. Although, not too far. There was a small structure built into the side of the Colosseum, which the guards entered. The girls followed, passing by men that stood guard at the entrance.


"They didn't even notice us!" whispered Fluttershy in awe.


"Shh! They can still hear," whispered Sunset. The three continued on, moving through the halls. Along the way, they found different doors to be in the halls, each fortified to hold in prisoners. The girls began to peer through the dungeons, finding them occupied by unfamiliar people.


"Gojira?" Sunset called in a whisper. The girls began to call as well, investigating the cells. The gladiators perked at the voices, but none were who the teens were looking for.


"He's gotta be around here somewhere," said Mosura.


"Alright, out you go," said a guard. A group of them stood by as a dungeon door opened, allowing for a group of gladiators to emerge. Among them, they found Junior. The girls' eyes lit up.


"Oh my-!" Mosura exclaimed, but Sunset quickly cupped her mouth.


"Did you say something?" asked a guard.


"No," answered another guard. He noticed Junior to have stopped, looking around with an odd look.


"Hey, boy! Looking forward to today's games!" said the guard.


"Huh? Oh, yeah for sure," said Junior, turning his attention to the guard.


"Hey, we have a 'Death Pool' going around among the guards for the games. My money's on you getting through the month," said the guard.


"Aren't Death Pools supposed to be about when someone's supposed to die?" asked Junior in confusion.
"Heh. I love the confidence. Get goin'," said the guard, nudging Junior.


'They seem awfully chummy,' thought Sunset, an odd look on her face. She began to analyze the surroundings. Too many guards around and very few places to turn and run.


"Shit. Let's head back. Nothing we can do now," whispered Sunset.


Meanwhile, Junior followed the rest of the gladiators in silence. Kiri noticed the thoughtful look that he had.


"Something on your mind?" asked Kiri.


"Nah. It must've just been my imagination," said Junior.