• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 1,569 Views, 73 Comments

Shy and Aggressive: Book 2 - Johng117



After thwarting a horde of malevolent mutations, The Main 7, The Dazzlings and Mutant 4 find themselves marooned onto a foreign world.

  • ...
6
 73
 1,569

Prologue

It was cold and dark. The sky was full of gloomy dark storm clouds that hung high above, obscuring the moon light and the starry night sky. The soft roar of thunder filled the air, as it rained hard upon Ponyville.

Gojira Takeshi Junior stood at the door of his home, his expression hardened as he stared at it. He cursed to himself as no answer came. He mentally berated himself as to being so careless as to leave his house key in his room this morning. It was the weekend, and he was spending the evening outside in the cold rain, alone. His mother was working late today, which added to his misfortune. The boy sighed heavily as he lowered his head, as the rain beat against his hood. The water was starting to soak into his charcoal grey cotton hoodie.

"I hate my life," said Junior in dismay. He turned to the dark sky, as rain water fell upon his face. He felt a sadness as he gazed up at the shrouded sky, as it shed its tears upon him. It was as though it had pity on him. This atmosphere made Junior's stay outside much more unbearable. He couldn't admire the beauty of the night if this damn storm was hellbent on making him feel miserable as it was. Though he didn't need a storm to feel that way to begin with.

For as long as Junior could remember, he always felt this way. Like his world was shrouded in darkness, slowly flooding to bring him under into oblivion. Out of sight, and out of mind. Junior lowered his head as the thunder roared again, like a shadowy predator asserting its dominance over him.

"This wouldn't have happened to you if you had friends," said Junior, his voice mimicking a nagging woman. He scoffed.

"She'd probably say something like that. Like it's that easy," said Junior, his tone bitter. Being a Transmutant, a race of humans who defy the understanding of science, has made the boy's life hard. They were feared and hated. And he was the child of what was considered one of the worse mutants of all time.

Being segregated wouldn't be so bad, if Junior could find someone that could accept him. But, he wasn't well liked by humans and mutants alike. The boy wondered where his place was in this world if he didn't fit in with either. He wondered if he even had a place. Whatever the answer was, Junior was currently paying. Here he was alone again, out in the cold dark night, in the rain. Dwelling on his thoughts caused Junior to sigh heavily, as the rain seemed to be falling harder on him.


There was a sudden whoosh. It was the sound of an umbrella being opened up. The rain stopped pelting the boy's head. Junior noticed a pair of boot covered feet to be standing beside him. He raised his head in surprise, finding a shorter girl around his age to be standing next to him. Her big teal eyes met with his amber eyes. It was none other than Fluttershy, his neighbor.

Junior wouldn't say that he was very close to the girl. After all, he just joined her club in school. But what he gathered from the few interactions he had was that she was quite timid. She was like a cat that was easily startled. Her long rose hair was braided, unusual from the usual style he's seen her with. But her most defining trait was how attractive of a girl she was. Any man would fall for Fluttershy. After all, she had a soft, clear face, with big bright eyes, and rosy colored long hair. Even her soft voice would put anyone at ease.

"What are you doing out here in the rain?" asked Fluttershy, her soft angelic voice breaking the boy from his depression. Junior looked away, as she looked at him with a sweet, warm smile.

"I uh... I forgot my key in the house. I've been outside for a couple hours," said Junior.

"That's awful. When is your mom coming home?" asked Fluttershy, appalled.

"Like ten or eleven," answered Junior. Fluttershy frowned. Junior felt pathetic. Just that sympathetic look the girl was giving him made him feel sick. It just reminded him of his lot in life. Something to be pitied. He hated that.

Junior felt Fluttershy reach for his hand. The girl held it firmly. Junior's heart jumped in his chest as he looked back at her, his cheeks growing red.

"Come inside. You can stay at my house until then," said Fluttershy with a soft smile. Junior stared into her kind eyes. It hurt to stare into. Junior knew it shouldn't but it did. He attributed the fact that he's lived so long without receiving kindness from strangers that it was almost a repellent to him. He barely knew the girl, yet ever since they first met, she's been nothing but kind to him. Even knowing that he was a Transmutant, she didn't seem to mind.

He looked down at the ground. He felt his chest ache, and his eyes stinging. Junior took a breath, composing himself a bit, but still blushing.

"I... Thank you," said Junior. Fluttershy nodded to him as she led him to the mailbox where she was able to collect a few envelops. The two made their way inside of the warm house. Along the way, Junior could only focus on their hands being locked together. His larger, rough hand being held held by Fluttershy's small, soft and more frail hand. The boy lightly smiled to himself as he stepped into the house of the girl.


A few months later...

Junior's mind was lost in a haze. He gave heavy breaths as he took one large step in front of the other, the wind blowing against him at a tremendous force.

Being a Transmutant meant that you were born with the power of some strange mighty creature. This also meant physically changing into one.

Junior stood to be over 20 feet tall, as a dark scaled bipedal reptilian creature, with jagged back plates running along his back. This was the image that non mutants hated. A monster. In this state, Junior's mind functioned on a more primitive level. Unable to speak, reacting on base instinct. Although he retained some of his human consciousness, it was little compared to the likes of his father and his generation.

Junior shrieked as he attempted to pull away from a vortex that swirled in the middle of the street of Ponyville. He found three other strange creatures being pulled in as well. His friends. Angirasu Riku, who had changed into a quadrupedal reptilian creature, with some armadillo and ankylosaurus-like traits. Mosura Yasu, who was but a moth-like creature, with long elegant limbs, two sporting mantis-like scythes. And Rodan, a brick red pteranodon-like beast, with jagged rock-like scales. These mutants found other bizarre creatures to be pulling into the vortex as well. But these things were more unnatural than they were. Genetic hybrids made from a mad man, which brought havoc to the town.

Junior snarled as he heard panicked screams. He found Fluttershy to be flying through the air, headed for the vortex that threatened to suck up everything in its vicinity. The mutant quickly stepped in her path, leading her to slam against his large, powerful leg. The girl gasped as she found the mutant looking down at her. She quickly made a tight grip on his scales, holding on for dear life as the vortex seemed to be growing stronger. Junior groaned as he took more steps in his attempt to get away, while the girl continued to cling to him. Even in his primitive state, Junior knew that this girl was important to him. He had to keep her safe.


From all around, the mutant noticed several more teenage girls that were getting caught up in the pull of the vortex. Girls that he has come to know through Fluttershy. He gave a roar to the other mutants in the area. This prompted Rodan to inch towards a girl closest to him, Rainbow Dash. He used his wing to offer some protection from the wind. However, a car came tumbling his way, having been lifted up from the ground. It struck him in the back, causing him to roar in pain as he fell over, while getting dragged across the street. Rainbow screamed as she lost her grip to the building corner she held and was pulled along with him.

Junior grunted in alarm, as he began to witness the other mutants getting failed to save the other teenagers, who were then sucked into the vortex. After Rainbow, went Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, then went the Dazzlings. Mosura shrieked as she lost her footing and was sucked in as well.

The vortex grew stronger. Junior heard two familiar screams. He found two of the remaining teenagers, aside from Fluttershy, to be flying his way. He recognized them as Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle. Junior lowered himself, reaching out his short arm, with his claws spread out.

Sunset cried out as she managed to grip his large thumb, as Twilight caught her ankle. The two screamed as the vortex pulled against them. Junior felt his heels beginning to grind against the asphalt. Angirasu wailed as his claws dug into the street, being pulled backwards into the vortex, disappearing from sight.

Junior heard another shriek ahead. He turned to find another creature that was similar to his own appearance. It was his father, having changed into his own beast form for a recent battle. The older mutant stood at 40 feet, larger than his descendant. He attempted to reach Junior, but the vortex made it difficult to step closer without being blown off of his own feet.

Junior found himself unable to move anymore. The gravity of the vortex was sure to be his end. His eyes fell on Fluttershy, who clung to him tightly. Sunset still held onto his thumb, as Twilight held onto her. Their lives were in his hands now. He couldn't give up now. Not when he was so close. With one last defiant roar, Junior took one more heavy step. But, he suddenly found a bench to be flying his way, having been uprooted from the concrete it was cemented to. It struck the mutant in head, sending him into a daze. Unable to keep his footing, Junior fell over, leaving the remaining teens to be sucked into the vortex, which he shortly followed.