• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 1,569 Views, 73 Comments

Shy and Aggressive: Book 2 - Johng117



After thwarting a horde of malevolent mutations, The Main 7, The Dazzlings and Mutant 4 find themselves marooned onto a foreign world.

  • ...
6
 73
 1,569

Chapter 4: The King

The crackle of flames. Sources of soft orange light were among the darkness, guiding the humans on their path. The cry of nocturnal beasts in the cold dark night filled the air.

Junior found himself walking with his friends with these silent natives. The natives themselves looked Neighsian or at least pacific islander in descent, what with their slanted eyes and their short statures. Their skin was covered in this grey mud, with strange tribal paint to be marked over their bodies.

Junior made sure that he was close to his friends. He kept his eyes on the natives any chance that he got. They couldn't trust these people. Not to mention they couldn't afford to separate, considering that half of the group was missing. Junior's imagination began to run wild as he thought of what could have happened to the rest of the girls. He had to take deep breaths to settle his nerves, due to him fearing the worse. For now, he'll go along with this 'Kong' character. The first chance that he got, he was going to bail to look for the others. He vowed to himself that he was going to get them all home, and he planned on honoring that.

"I can't believe that you're actually alive," said Aria in disbelief.

"To be honest, me neither," said Dwan nonchalantly.

"Um... could someone explain, please?" asked Fluttershy.

"You didn't hear? Dwan was filming a scene for the sequel to Bloody Jungle. The film crew got lost at sea in a storm," said Sonata.

"Oh! I thought she looked familiar!" said Angirasu, snapping his fingers. Dwan smirked as she looked back at the boy.

"Ooh! You saw my movie?" asked Dwan. Angirasu cleared his throat with a look of discomfort.

"You could say that," said Angirasu. Dwan hummed as she began to walk alongside Angirasu with a flirty smile.

"So, are you a fan?" asked Dwan.

"Can't say that I am. It was my first time seeing you," said Angirasu with a shrug. Dwan giggled as she ran a finger over the boy's bare chest, who stiffened in response.

"Well I promise you, you'll never be able to stop thinking about me," said Dwan with a seductive grin. Angirasu looked away with grimace.

"Oh great, now there's two hussies," whispered Mosura as she leaned next to Fluttershy. Sonata bore an incredulous look as she watched as Dwan touch Angirasu. She growled as she hardened her expression.

"By the way, how old are you?" whispered Dwan.

"Why?" asked Angirasu uneasily.

"Just making sure you're at least 17. I'm 19 by the way," said Dwan with a wink.

"Easy, lady. You're coming on too strong," deadpanned Junior.

"Aww. Feeling left out?" asked Dwan as she bumped her hip against Junior, who slightly stumbled. She began to tug at her leather bra.

'Sweetie, your tits are not big enough for you to be playing coy like that,' thought Adagio with a scowl. Junior sighed as he looked away with an indifferent look. Adagio grunted in annoyance as she grabbed Junior's arm and pulled him away from Dwan. The older teen bore a look of interest.

"Oh! Is he your boyfriend?" asked Dwan. Adagio quickly released Junior.

"N-No, he's not," said Adagio in a small tone with a blush.

"Well, that's good. Cause I would be taking him away from ya," said Dwan as she winked at Junior. The boy kept a stoic expression while Adagio hardened her expression.

"I already hate this bitch," whispered Mosura. Fluttershy bore a scowl as she watched as this new girl was flirting with Junior. It was times like this that she wanted to let her inhibitions to fail and just speak what was on her mind. And what was on her mind was not suitable in the presence of children.

"What the heck kind of name is Dwan, anyway?" asked Junior.

"Ah. You see, my name is actually Dawn. But my agent thought that it'd be hip and cool to go by 'Dwan'. So it kind of stuck," said Dwan with a shrug.

"Applewood. Subverting the nuclear family unit while butchering the native language through entertainment," said Junior as he rolled his eyes.

"Um... I still want to know what exactly happened with you," said Fluttershy, realizing that her earlier question had yet to be answered.

"Ah. Well, yeah our ship got caught in a bad storm during filming," said Dwan.

"We were sailing a bit too close to the Tartarus Rectangle. When we got caught in the storm, our ship got caught up in this vortex. It appeared out of nowhere. The next thing we knew, we woke up on a beached ship in the middle of a jungle," said Dwan. Sunset's eyes widened.

"Wait, you mean The Tartarus Rectangle?" asked Sunset, hoping she didn't misheard.

"What other rectangle is there?" deadpanned Dwan.

"Damn it. The Rectangle is some kind of portal. Looks like I owe you ten bucks, Rodan," said Junior. Rodan chuckled in response.

"Laugh while you can. I'll get you on the moon landing, buddy," said Junior with a smirk.

"You guys bet on your conspiracy talks?" asked Mosura incredulously.

"Incredible. So you guys found a wormhole that transported you back in time in the Rectangle," said Sunset.

"You're mistaken," said Ann, looking back at the teens.

"We're not in a different time period. This is a whole new world," said Ann.

"Wait, run that by us one more time," said Aria, her eyes widening.

"I mean, think about it. A world where humans are living among prehistoric animals and other strange creatures. This is a different dimension," said Ann.

"No way..." said Sunset, her shoulders slumping.

"And the good news just keep coming," deadpanned Angirasu.

"So... where's the film crew that got marooned here with you?" asked Mosura. Dwan grimaced, falling silent.

"They... They didn't make it through the first day," said Dwan. With that, the teens didn't press further. Judging by their experience here in this world, they understood what she meant.

"I was lucky. I ran into Ann and the Iwi people. They took me in months ago," said Dwan. Ann chuckled.

"Yeah. And I almost regretted it too. This girl can be quite the diva," said Ann. Dwan groaned as an embarrassed look was on her face.

"Iwi. Is that the name of this tribe? Where did they come from?" asked Fluttershy curiously.

"Tell you what. When we get home, I'll share some stories with you kids. I'm sure you have a lot of questions," said Ann.

Meanwhile, a vulture-like bird flew towards a tree branch in the area. Its long slender scaly neck curled as it perched itself onto the branch. Its dark wings folded against its sides as its orange eyes stared at the traveling humans.

Miles away, Sigyn stood with Kenra, and a mysterious dark figure who took wheezing breaths. Sigyn's held a crystal ball, which gave off light. Within this object, the three found the teens traveling with the Iwi in the densest part of the jungle.

"Damned savages. They had to ruin the fun," said Kenra in annoyance.

"I suppose it can't be helped," sighed Sigyn.

"Why don't we just raid them?" asked Kenra as she gripped her rifle tightly. She was itching for some action, and sitting all day at their camp site provided none.

"Too dangerous. The forest is too dense to navigate and we'd only invoke the wrath of their king. Besides, the Iwi pose no threat to us. So long as those intruders don't advance further into our territory, it won't be an issue," said Sigyn as she stared at the crystal ball.

"But still, we should report this to her royal highness," said Sigyn.


The teens continued to travel with the natives through the dark woods for the next several minutes. Junior was still thinking about the earlier conversation. Everything that they saw here was a whole other world. An alternate Earth of some kind. An Earth where all kinds of creatures with different evolutionary paths existed. And humans thrived among them in this hostile world. The fact of this almost made Junior realize just how far they were from home.

Soon, the group came to a clearing in the forest. What they found was a field of large wooden hinges to have filled the ground. There were dozens of them, spread out across the area. They reminded the teens of those metallic cross hinges that deterred tanks during the 2nd world war. At the tips of these crossed wooden hinges were sharp ends, stained with blood. The group continued on until they came across a rocky pass, away from any nearby forest. Water fell from a fall from a nearby hill, flowing down to the pass. In this rocky area, a grand wall stood, made up of wood. There were also large wooden pikes that stuck out of the structure, where more blood stains were found.

"I take it you don't have kind neighbors," said Angirasu.

"Those demons have a history trying to breach these walls," said Kong as he walked ahead. The group walked along a moss covered path, passed the waterfall to get around the water that flowed to wall. Kong stood before a large door at the end of the path. He turned to the wall and found a native to be standing from a tower. The native took notice of him and quickly made a hand gesture.

The door creaked as it began to rise open. Kong stepped forward as the group followed him. Beyond the wall, there ran a slow flowing river that made its way around the grassy land. Ahead there were huts, where more natives sat near fire pits. Surrounding the land were tall hills and wooden structures that made up the walls that fortified the land.

"Welcome to the Iwi tribe," said Ann. The teens looked around, mesmerized. They were led across a bridge that ran over the calm river and towards the main camp. They found natives resting by the fire, while some cooked rodents or small dinosaurs.

"Wow," said Sunset breathlessly, finding red flags with white symbols marked on them. The symbols were much similar to the markings that were painted onto the natives with them.

"The Iwi tend to keep to themselves. They have no concept of property. They all contribute what they can for the overall good of the tribe," said Ann as the group passed female native folding red fabric, setting it aside as she began sat before a wooden device, which held up silk. The rest of the natives in the group began to disperse, but not before bowing their heads to Kong.

"If you are lost as were Darrow and Dwan, then you are welcome to stay. I only ask you respect the ways of the Iwi," said Kong, walking off.

"Kong, aren't you-" Ann called out to the Transmutant, but fell silent as he walked off.

"Not a social guy, is he?" asked Aria.

"Don't mind him. Come on, we'll get you set up," said Ann as she began to lead the teens through the village. Angirasu looked around, finding some of the natives that had escorted them were making their way to their huts. He found some of the men joining women, presumably their wives, as children emerged, reaching out to their fathers to pick them up. Angirasu cracked a small smile as he watched the warmth of the families. Though, he frowned as he thought about his own family. At least, what was left of it.

As the teens walked, Adagio began to feel herself grow off balance. She felt a sudden daze beginning to overcome her. The girl stopped as she began to pant.

"Dagi? Are you OK?" asked Sonata worriedly. Junior stopped. He turned to find Adagio to be slightly trembling. The girl was breathing heavily as she swayed.

"I-I don't feel so..." Adagio began to stumble. Junior bolted towards her, pushing past Dwan and Ann. He caught Adagio in his arms. The girl felt limp as she panted. Junior's eyes widened in alarm.

"She's burning up! Something's wrong!" said Junior as he shook Adagio, who slumped in his arms. Aria and Sonata rushed to her side.

"Adagio, stop messing around!" said Aria.

"What's happening?" asked Sunset worriedly. Ann quickly made her way to Junior and Adagio, feeling her forehead.

"Did she eat anything unusual?" asked Ann as she pulled back on Adagio's lid. Her eyes rolled back as she groaned.

"All she's been eating were protein bars since we've gotten here!" said Aria.

"What about those wounds? Did you clean them properly?" asked Ann as she looked over Adagio's bandaged arms.

"Sure with this medical kit that was sucked into this world with us!" said Sonata, growing more worried by the second.

"She was attacked by a sea scorpion two days ago. Are they venomous?" asked Sunset.

"I don't think so. But if it were two days ago, then that may not be it. Something-" Ann began to look over Adagio. She gasped as she noticed that near her elbow, there was a cut that bore puss. The skin around the cut had grown purple.

"Oh shit! Dwan, go get the Healer!" said Ann.

"On it!" said Dwan as she dropped her spear to the ground and began to sprint off ahead of the group.

"Come on!" said Ann as she began to lead the teens through the village. Junior scooped Adagio into is arms and carried her bridal style. He didn't like the way things were turning out. Judging by Ann's reaction, it may have been much more serious than he thought it'd be. The teens followed Ann to a large tent. Ann raised the sheet to the entrance, allowing Junior to carry Adagio inside. He found Dwan to be frantically speaking to an elderly woman that wore hoop ear rings and red paint marked on her face. She turned to face the group with a stoic expression.

"Right there! That girl needs your help!" said Dwan urgently. The Healer nodded as she gestured to a cot on the ground. Junior began to carry Adagio to the cot, gently lowering her onto it. The Healer knelt beside Adagio, looking her over. She held up Adagio's left arm, finding the infected wound near her elbow and the purple tone in her skin.

"Please tell me you can help her," said Junior, gritting his teeth. The elder merely stood up and began to make her way to the back of the room. She took a basket out and a clay bowl that was sealed with a top. The elder returned with the items, setting them aside. She removed the top of the bowl, revealing palm sized dark leaches to be swimming in water. The elder took one of the leaches and held it near Adagio's wound. The parasite latched onto her arm and began to suck on the wound.

"Ugh! We're seriously doing this?!" asked Aria incredulously.

"Shh! Trust her!" said Ann. Aria gritted her teeth. How could she trust this stranger with her sister's life? What Adagio needed was actual medical treatment, not some witch doctor's ritual. Sonata took her hand and held it tightly. Aria held back her tears as she watched as Adagio wasted away.

As the leech grew from sucking Adagio's blood, the Healer took the time to open up the basket beside her. She drew out some contents. They were ingredients and a bowl. She took the ingredients, some herbs and began to grind them up into a smaller bowl. The woman's brows began to sweat as she grounded the herbs up. She turned to Ann, and then proceeded to run two of her fingers along her wrinkly throat.

"Water? OK," said Ann as she got up and began to make her way over to a vase in the corner of the room. She took a small wooden plate and scooped up water with it. She carefully made her way to the elder, who proceeded to dump the grounded herbs into the water. As she set it aside, she reached for the leech and brushed a flat stone against its head. The leech released Adagio and was placed back into the clay bowl with the rest of the parasites. Adagio's arm bore a circle mark from the leach's bite. The Healer began to take an ointment and rub it over Adagio's infected cut. She then held Adagio's head up and brought the wooden bowl of water near her lips. She helped Adagio to drink the contents. The girl began to cough as she lied back down, her breathing beginning to settle a bit. The Healer turned to Ann and gave her a small nod.

"Thank you, Healer. You're a miracle worker," said Ann in relief.

"She's going to be OK, right?" asked Sonata with a sniffle.

"She'll be just fine. She just needs to rest and keep taking the Healer's medicine," said Ann with a reassuring smile. Sonata broke into tears as she buried her face into Aria's shoulder. Aria held back her tears as she held Sonata, her lips quivering.

"What the hell happened?" asked Junior.

"I've seen this before. One of the natives once cut themselves on some kind of plant with these toxic needles. The Healer healed him right up," said Ann.

"I didn't even realize," said Junior in a small tone. He didn't know when or how Adagio could have encountered something like that. After all, she was with him the whole trip through the jungle before they met the Iwi.

"Be thankful that we got her here as soon as we did. Otherwise the Healer would've thought it'd be better to remove her arm to save her life," said Ann. Junior clenched his fists as he heard this.


Later that evening...

Ann led the teenagers through the village. Aria and Sonata were not present, however. The two were remaining in the Healer's tent with their sister. So for now, Ann was leading the rest of the teens to where they'll be resting. She pointed to a large hut that sat alone.

"This is where Dwan and I are staying. If I knew new people were going to be staying, I would have asked if the natives could help set something up for you," said Ann, apologetically.

"Is there enough room for three more? If so, then would it be alright for Mosura , Sunset, and Fluttershy to stay with you?" asked Junior. Dwan smirked.

"Mmh. How chivalrous of you!" said Dwan.

"Are you sure?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yeah, it's fine. Right guys?" asked Junior.

"Sure," said Angirasu with a smile and nod. Rodan shrugged.

"We're kind of used to sleeping outside at this point," said Rodan. Ann smiled.

"Well, I'll be back to hand you boys some things to help you with comfort," said Ann, walking off. Dwan looked to Angirasu and Junior with a seductive grin.

"Don't you boys peek in on us, you hear?" asked Dwan. Junior scoffed in response.

"Whatever," said Junior. Dwan giggled in response.

"Sorry, I like giving you a hard time. Something about you just screams, 'Naughty'. Aangey here seems like a good boy though. Say..." Dwan looked to the boys with a grin.

"I think I'll call you, 'Naughty Goji' and 'Nice Aang'!" said Dwan. Angirasu raised a brow as Junior looked at the girl in confusion.

"What does that even mean?!" asked Junior. Dwan hummed to herself as she walked off, swaying her ass as she entered the hut. Mosura suppressed a groan as she had her arms crossed.

"God she's infuriating!" said Mosura in a whisper.

"I was starting to get a bit ticked off too," said Fluttershy with a scowl.

"Girls, don't you start getting confrontational with her. The last thing we need is for conflict with a bunch spear wielding natives and their freaking monkey god," said Junior. Mosura and Fluttershy looked at him in offense.

"Why do you think we'll be the ones to start something?" demanded Mosura.

"I didn't say that," said Junior. He noticed the huffy mood that the two were.

"What's with you two? Why are you so upset?" asked Junior. Sunset face palmed.

"Oh Goji, you dense dork," said Sunset under her breath.

"You could tell her to stop her lewd behavior, you know," said Fluttershy.

"Isn't that what I did?" asked Junior in confusion.

"You called that telling her to stop? Angirasu, you could've at least said something!" said Mosura in disapproval. Angirasu recoiled.

"I uh..."

"Don't put Angirasu on the spot! He's too nice of a guy to say something," said Junior.

"Then what about you? Why do you let these girls treat you like a slab of meat?" questioned Mosura.

"What are you on about?" asked Junior with a quizzical look.

"Goji, why do you let these girls act so shamelessly towards you?" asked Fluttershy. Junior shook his head.

"No, no. Fluttershy-"

"Don't tell me you enjoy it," said Mosura with a look of dread.

"It's not like that!" cried Junior defensively.

"Look, what am I supposed to do?! This shit never happens to me! Girls never used to hit on me! They never even looked my way!" said Junior. He couldn't fathom why Fluttershy and Mosura were giving him shit over something so trivial.

"Look, I'm fucking exhausted! I don't care whether it’s Dwan or Adagio, you girls don't like. Do not fight with them! I'm going to bed!" said Junior as he stormed off.

"What... just happened?" asked Angirasu.

"Jealously is not attractive," deadpanned Sunset. Fluttershy frowned as her cheeks warmed up with shame as Mosura huffed and crossed her arms.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," said Mosura. Sunset rolled her eyes in response.

"Let's just get some sleep. It's been a long day. Tomorrow morning, we can figure out a game plan," said Sunset.

"Sounds good," said Rodan.

"Hey... watch out for that Dwan girl," said Angirasu with a worried look. Sunset smiled in amusement.

"Us? I think you should watch out, 'Nice Aang'," said Sunset teasingly. Angirasu gave an embarrassed chuckle and blush.

"Good night boys~!" said Sunset as the three made their way to the hut.

Later that night, the boys found themselves setting down primitive sleeping bags, made from hide of mammals and sacks filled with soft bird feathers for their heads. The three had gathered by a fire, taking in its warmth during this cold evening. Junior gave a heavy sigh as he looked to the Healer's tent, which was a short walk from where they sat. Junior shook his head as he rubbed his brow.

"How did it all end up like this?" asked Junior. He looked around anxiously, tapping his finger on his knee.

"Twilight and the others could be looking for us. We should go out to look for them," said Junior as he stood.

"Gojira, it's night time. Who knows what other monsters might be lurking," said Rodan.

"Which is exactly why we should look for them! I'll go by myself if I have to," said Junior.

"You leave this place, you die," said a familiar voice. Junior turned with a hardened expression, finding Kong to be standing nearby. He was shirtless, exposing the clawed scars that ran across his chest and his stocky build. Around his neck was a medallion, with an image of what looked to be a stylized skull. He wore red baggy pants that some of the natives wore.

"Is that a threat?" questioned Junior, turning to fully face the scruffy haired man.

"It is a word of caution, boy. You are outsiders, ignorant of this world like the children you are," said Kong as he approached. Junior narrowed his eyes in response.

"Yeah, no shit. We had our fair share of bad encounters with the local wildlife," said Junior dismissively.

"And they were just a fraction of the beasts that roam these lands. Out there is a constant struggle of survival, where the one with the wit, the strength, numbers and will to survive wins," said Kong.

"Hmph. Two out of four. I'll make it work," said Junior as he turned to walk. However, Kong grabbed him by the shoulder and yanked him back.

"You will be devoured by the demons before the sun rises!" said Kong, his brows furrowed. Junior leaned closer as he kept his scowl, undeterred.

"Take your stinkin' hand off me, you damn dirty ape," said Junior in a low tone. The two stared each other down for what felt like an eternity. Neither Transmutant backed down from the other's intense stare. From the surrounding area, Angirasu noticed a couple of Iwi to have awakened, standing outside of their huts. They stood and watched as the two Transmutants locked eyes. Angirasu was surprised to see some of the natives to be up. They weren't really that loud and the confrontation had yet to even escalate to the two throwing fists. It was as though they sensed the tension from them and woke up to investigate. Angirasu then noticed that couple of the men had drawn out spears.

"Uh oh," said Angirasu to himself. He turned to find Junior and Kong still staring each other down. He quickly stood by the two.

"Gojira, we should listen to him," said Angirasu. Junior looked at him incredulously.

"But-"

"Look, I'm worried about the others too. But those things, whatever they're called, were more than we could handle. What good are we to them if we get killed in the middle of the night?" asked Angirasu. Junior lowered his head and sighed heavily. He pulled away from Kong.

"Fine," said Junior. He made his way over to his sleeping bag and lied down. Angirasu sighed in relief as he noticed that the natives were beginning to return to their huts, especially the ones that were armed.

"Sorry about my friend here. He's only concerned for the rest of our group," said Angirasu.

"You're friend's intentions are noble, but he lacks foresight. In the morning, it will be safer to venture out beyond these walls. Rest now," said Kong as he walked off. Angirasu turned and lied himself down onto his sleeping bag. Junior was lying on his back, looking at the night sky with a scowl.

"What happened to not getting into conflict with the monkey god?" asked Angirasu. Junior sighed heavily. He merely turned on his side and pulled his covers over himself. Angirasu shook his head.

"First thing in the morning, Gojira. I promise. Good night guys," said Angirasu as he lied down.

"Goodnight," said Rodan.


It was early morning. Fluttershy stirred awake from her sleeping bag and yawned. She rubbed her heavy eyes as she sat upright. She found Sunset and Mosura still sound asleep. However, she noticed that Ann Darrow and Dwan were nowhere to be seen in the hut. The girl got out of her sleeping bag and began to slip back on her boots, zipping them up. She began to walk out of the hut, yawning as she looked around the camp. The morning sun was already beginning to light up the area, exposing the bright green grass and plants that filled the land. She found the Iwi people to be going about their daily chores.

The girl began to look around. She realized that Junior and the boys were nowhere to be seen. she was sure that they were supposed to have been nearby. As she walked on, she found three empty sleeping bags. Fluttershy continued searching, her expression quizzical.

"They must be using the bathroom," said Fluttershy to herself. She was about to walk off but found Aria to be walking nearby, carrying a clay vase filled with water. Fluttershy jogged over to the girl.

"Aria!" called Fluttershy. Aria stopped and noticed the rose haired teen to be approaching.

"Oh. Morning," said Aria in her usual flat tone.

"Good morning. Have you seen the boys by any chance?" asked Fluttershy.

"Nah. I just got up. I was just getting water for Adagio," said Aria.

"Oh. How is she by the way?" asked Fluttershy, concerned.

"Meh. She's been better. She's too weak to get up. That old lady is already doing that same ritual," said Aria.

"It's not a ritual. It looked like she's using the leeches to drain the toxins from Adagio's blood stream and countering it with herbs," said Fluttershy. Aria shrugged.

"All I'm saying, it's unusual," said Aria as she began to make her way to the tent, with Fluttershy following her. They found Adagio to be lying asleep, visibly sweating as Sonata placed a wet towel on her forehead. Adagio's clothes lied folded in the corner of the tent. Fluttershy frowned at the sight of the poor girl. She only hoped that she'll pull through.

"Sonata, have you by any chance seen where the boys are?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yeah, I saw them leaving with Ann, Dwan and some of the natives. They left pretty early," replied Sonata. Fluttershy hummed to herself.

"They must be looking for the others," said Fluttershy. She turned as she heard a distant animal cry.

"I wish they asked us to come along," said Fluttershy with a sigh.


The humidity in the air began to slowly build up. The morning sun's heat was not to Junior's liking. Even still, he pushed through the elements and his drowsiness from his lack of sleep. Junior looked around the woods as Angirasu and Rodan searched in different directions. Ann, Dwan, and a few natives stood close, standing guard and acted as guides for the area.

"Twilight! Applejack!" called Junior. His voice echoed throughout the forest.

"Rarity! Pinkie! Rainbow!" called Junior. He waited a moment as his echoes died down. No response greeted him back. Junior gulped as he looked around the area.

"You sure this is where you found us?" asked Rodan.

"Of course. We just aren't too close to the burrows. It'd be bad if the Skull Crawlers came out," said Ann.

"Skull Crawlers? You mean those lizard things, right?" asked Angirasu.

"Yeah. The Iwi have a different name for them. Though its taboo for them to speak it," said Ann. Junior turned in annoyance.

"These people haven't said a damn word since we've got here!" said Junior.

"Are they deaf? Or mute?" asked Angirasu curiously.

"No, not at all. From what I've seen, the Iwi tend to have a complex way of communication where they don't require speaking in words. Even their symbols are nearly impossible to decipher. They have subtle gestures and looks that they all seem to understand. I think they might even have some kind of telepathic abilities," said Ann. Junior looked to the natives, who kept their stoic expressions as they scanned the area.

"Makes sense. Tell me, what's the deal with Kong? How the hell does a Transmutant end up becoming a god to a primitive tribe like these guys?" asked Junior as he leaned against a tree.

"That's not really my story to tell. You'd have to ask him yourself," said Ann.

"Ugh. Seriously? These guys didn't happen to draw out cave paintings telling the life story of their deity?" asked Junior.

"Well... There was something that I saw. Though I haven't exactly gotten a good look at it. Mainly because it's where Kong tends to stay throughout the day when he's not on patrol," said Ann.

"Guy likes his privacy huh? I can respect that. Though it creates a conflict of interest when your God tries to keep secrets," said Junior with a scoff.

"It isn't like that, Gojira. We're talking about Kong's throne room, basically. The Iwi rarely go in there. When they do, it's to give offerings and to bow to him," rebutted Ann.

"What did you mean, when he's not on patrol?" asked Angirasu curiously. Ann smiled.

"Well, Kong is worshiped by the Iwi because he protects them from all kinds of creatures. Especially from the Skull Crawlers, which are basically the devil incarnate to them," answered Ann.

"Really," said Angirasu in fascination. "So... They don't care that he's a man that turns into a beast?"

"Not at all. In fact, the Iwi seem to have great respect for mutants. Look at this," said Ann as she reached into her satchel. The boys approached and found the woman to have drawn out a journal. She opened it up, revealing some old sketches, depicting different creatures. One was even of Kong in his human form.

"Hey, that's pretty good," said Rodan as he noticed the sketch. Ann quickly flipped the page.

"Ignore that one," said Ann as she cleared her throat with a blush. She muttered to herself as he flipped through the pages.

"Ah, here we go!" said Ann. She showed the boys the journal. She had sketched on both pages, forming one single drawing. The drawing showed rough shapes of human figures raising their hands up to different strange and mysterious creatures, though one of them was clearly symbolizing an ape. In the center of these creatures were clean spaces, where human figures were sketched within.

"I sketched out a copy of a painting from a cave outside of their walls. This is clearly a representation of the Iwi respecting Transmutants, as represented of the men within the beasts," said Ann as she pointed to the pages.

"Kong, or maybe even a Transmutant similar to him is in the center, likely to represent his position as their god, while paying respect to the other 'gods'," said Ann. The teens analyzed the sketch, finding what Ann described to be accurate. The humans below looked to be worshipers or even the Iwi themselves, honoring the men that dwelled in the beasts. No, not men. Gods may have been more accurate.

"Wow," said Angirasu in awe, looking to the Iwi. A couple met his gaze. Angirasu stared, not seeing any sign of fear or hatred in their eyes. While they were expressionless, he felt something as he stared into their eyes.

"Look, that's fascinating and all. But there are girls missing out here!" said Junior as he rushed over to the side, away from the group.

"Twilight!!" called Junior. No answer. He grunted in frustration as he began to move on ahead.

"Maybe I'll share some more stories with you boys later. Right now we need to find your friends," said Ann as she placed her journal back into her satchel. The group began to advance through the area, in search of the remaining members of the Main 7.


The chirps of birds filled Twilight's ears. She groaned as she raised herself up from the ground, finding herself hidden among bushes. She looked around and found Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Rarity to be lying near her. The rest of the girls began to rise up, stretching and groaning from the discomfort they felt from their sleep.

"Oh good. We're still alive," said Rainbow in relief as she stretched.

"Ugh. I haven't bathed in days! I feel disgusting!" whined Rarity. Applejack smelled herself and gagged.

"Yeah, it's been quite a while," said Applejack as she stood up. Pinkie moaned as she held her aching stomach.

"I'm starving here," said Pinkie.

"Yeah, me too. Those snacks and protein bars aren't cutting it," said Twilight as she brushed off the grass from her skirt and adjusted her glasses.

"Should we continue on the path?" asked Rainbow, pointing to the dirt road. Twilight nodded.

"Yeah. If we're lucky, we might run into help," said Twilight as she stumbled passed the bush and made her way to the road. Rarity winced as she removed her boots and felt her feet.

"My feet are killing me," whined Rarity. Applejack sighed in aggravation. She made her way to Rarity and scooped her into her arms, which Rarity responded with a startled yelp.

"My. I wasn't expecting this," said Rarity in amusement.

"Just say nothin'," said Applejack as she carried Rarity.

The girls continued on the path for the next half hour. They had walked passed the jungle canopy and found themselves traveling on flat land. They followed the road. The sun was rising higher, bringing more heat.

"Applejack, may I borrow your hat?" asked Rarity as she batted her eyelashes.

"Don't push it," said Applejack as she removed her stetson and placed it on Rarity's head.

"Thank you, darling!" said Rarity, sweetly.

"Man, I'm glad that we're out of that jungle," said Rainbow, looking back at the forest anxiously.

"Just hope that nothing else comes out here to get us," said Applejack.

"We're miles from where we fell. I doubt those lizards are gonna bother to try anything with us," said Rainbow with a confident tone. Twilight shuddered.

"Lizards? They came off more like snakes to me," said Twilight.

"They sure were icky like snakes. Did you smell them? Bleh!" said Pinkie with a gag.

"Whatever they were, I hope we never run into them again," said Rarity.

"Hold up ya'll. I think I see something," said Applejack, squinting. She then gasped.

"I see wooden structures! That has to be a village!" said Applejack, her expression brightening. Rarity squealed in delight.

"Maybe they have a tub!" cried Rarity.

"Maybe even food!" said Pinkie, grinning from ear to ear.

"Or even a map!" said Twilight.

"Come on, let's go!" said Rainbow. The girls began to pick up their pace, jogging to the distant village. Their hearts were filled with joy and relief, knowing that there were more humans out here after all. They continued on until they crossed a stone bridge, which ran over a stream. The girls continued, picking up their pace. They stopped, their eyes wide. Twilight cupped her mouth as she held back a sob.

"There really are more humans!" said Twilight, shedding tears of joy. The girls found themselves standing at the entrance to the village. The structures were made up of wood, forming buildings and houses. On the dirt streets, they found humans to be walking about. The men wore pants and shirts out of animal hide and wool. The women wore skirts and dresses, made up of wool and other soft fabrics. The human population in this village bore peachy and pale skin.

"Do you think they'll understand us?" asked Rainbow, as Applejack set Rarity down onto her feet.

"Shoot, I haven't even thought of that!" said Twilight. The girls noticed a man to be passing by with a woman arm locked with him.

"What unusual clothes," said the woman.

"Oh good, you speak our language!" said Pinkie.

"Yes. Are you strangers in need?" asked the man.

"Oh, yes sir! You see, we ended up falling into a worm hole that sent us back in time!" said Rarity.

"And we got lost in the jungle and rode those three horned dinos to get to the mountains for safety!" said Rainbow.

"We got separated from our friends and now we're hungry and scared! Please, help us!" pleaded Pinkie, dropping to her knees in a pleading manner. The couple stared at the girls with odd looks.

"Love, I think these girls are mad," whispered the woman,

"We're not crazy!" said Twilight with a glare.

"You speak of tall tales. No children can easily tame and ride the dragons that live in the jungles," said the man.

"Dragons? No, those are... Oh," Twilight paused once she realized that the people may have referred to any giant reptile as a dragon. So, she decided to play along.

"Well, we managed to, thanks to one our friends," said Twilight.

"Yet you speak of falling into the burrows of the great worms of the wilderness, traveling to a different time," said the woman with a suspicious look.

"No, no! A wormhole is a- Ugh, look never mind that! Is there anyone that we can talk to help us? Live maybe a governing official or something?" asked Twilight.

"The Lord of this village may be able to help you. He resides in the center of the village," said the man, pointing behind himself.

"Thank you. Come on, girls," said Twilight. The girls took off from the couple, who merely stared at the strangers.

"Peculiar girls," said the woman.

Meanwhile, Twilight and the rest of the girls continued to move through the village. They found people lining up at stands, exchanging coins for whatever products were being sold. Pinkie licked her lips as she saw a woman setting a pan filled with rolls of bread, glazed with what Pinkie could assume is something sweet.

"Pinkie!" called Twilight. Pinkie moaned in disappointment as she followed the girls.

"If I don't get something in my tummy, I'm gonna go loco in the coco!" said Pinkie in exasperation.

"We can't help with that right now. We don't have the currency that these people are using," said Twilight as she found a man exchanging copper coins for a loaf of bread.

"To think that a place like this exists around that hell hole known as a jungle," said Rainbow, finding a man sitting with cages, holding different birds inside. In one of the cages, a small flying reptile lied as well, squawking as it clung to the bars.

The girls noticed a ball to be bouncing their way. They stopped as Pinkie caught a hand sized leather ball. She eyed it curiously. The teens heard a few villagers yelping in surprise. From a crowd of villagers, a small reptilian creature scurried their way. Rarity yelped in fright as she hid behind Applejack. The creature barely stood at the height of the shins of the girls. It walked on four legs, its toes pointed inward as its stubby body wobbled. Its short tail swayed as it approached. It bore large eyes on its head. Its mouth was comprised of a short stubby beak and two tusks that stuck out from its upper jaw. The creature gave snorting sounds as it approached.

"Oh wow! It's a Lystosaurus!" said Twilight with a grin.

"Is it dangerous?" asked Rarity.

"Doesn't look dangerous," said Applejack as the creature came closer.

"Lystosaurus are herbivores. Besides, I think he's interested in something else," said Twilight as the reptile stopped in front of Pinkie. The creature grunted as it looked up at her, wagging its short tail. Pinkie knelt down towards it.

"Aw! Aren't you the cutest thing! You're like a puppy!" said Pinkie as she scratched the creature's chin. The reptile closed its eyes as it gave a small sound with its throat in pleasure. Pinkie stood up and reared her hand back.

"Go get it, boy!" said Pinkie, tossing the ball. The Lystosaurus scampered after the ball, waddling through the dirt. The reptile scooped the ball into its mouth and began to take off into the crowd, where a child met it and pet it.

"Incredible. It looks like they've managed to domesticate some prehistoric animals," said Twilight.

"You could say that!" said Rainbow, stumbling back. The girls gasped as they stepped back. They found a triceratops to be walking in the middle of the road. It was ridden by a man, who kept a firm grip on the harness from the saddle. The dino pulled a cart filled with lumber. This triceratops seemed to be different compared to the ones in the jungle. This one was tan in color. It was a bit smaller compared to the wild ones. It's horns were also shorter. The horns on its head were covered in leather sleeves while the horn on the snout was exposed. The quills that were present on the wild triceratops were nowhere to be found on this one. Though on its tail, there were stubs and bumps running along it.

"That's cool," said Rainbow with a growing smile.

"Come on, we're wasting time," said Twilight. The group began to move further into the village. Along the way, the denizens began to stare at the girls as they passed. They whispered among themselves, unfamiliar with these strangers, and curious about their apparel.

"Ugh. These people are starting to bug me," said Rainbow in annoyance.

"They're just curious. Don't make a scene," said Twilight. The teens stopped as they came to the center of town. In the center stood a structure made of bricks and wood. It had a tower at the top and a rectangular base. A few men clad in dark armor stood. The armor bore jagged segments near the knees and arms. Chain-mail formed a protective mesh for the exposed necks and shoulders of the guards. Their armor also bore an emblem on their breast plates. The emblem was a silhouette of a spider with a bulbous abdomen and jagged legs. The expressions of the guards were stoic as they stood with spears.

"Golly. I don't like the looks of those guys," said Applejack with a gulp. Rarity merely brushed her fingers through her hair, hoping to make herself look as presentable as possible.

"Excuse me, gentlemen~!" called Rarity. The guards looked in her direction as she approached.

"Halt! Who goes there?" questioned the older guard, his tone rough and his eyes narrowed. The guards held their spears up, causing the girl to freeze as the tip was inches from her gut.

"Rarity!" cried the rest of the girls in alarm. Rarity gave an uneasy laugh as she took a step back.

"Just... a group of young maidens," said Rarity as the rest of the girls joined her side.

"State your business, strangers," said the guard in a stern tone.

"We're lost. We need help knowing where we are. We were told that the Lord of this town could help," said Twilight.

"And maybe we can get something to eat?" asked Pinkie with a forced grin. The older guard merely glanced at the other. He nodded to him, prompting his fellow guard to make his way inside of the building.

"Apologies. We have a strict policy on allowing only peasants that are authorized to be on these premises," said the guard, slightly relaxing as he lowered his spear.

"Tell me, are you from the capital? Or perhaps you hail from another land?" asked the guard.

"You could say that we hail from somewhere else," said Twilight as she glanced at her friends.

"I am not surprised. Your clothes are unusual. Pardon me, but is your skirt a bit too short?" Asked the guard oddly. Twilight held her hands on her skirt with a flustered look.

"O-Of course not! This is a normal knee length skirt!" Said Twilight.

"Hm. Then I hope it's warm where you are from," said the guard indifferently.

"Say mister, does this village have trouble with the predators from that jungle back there?" Asked Applejack.

"Mainly from the smaller carnivorous dragons and wild wolves. The larger beasts rarely venture out here," answered the guard. The door to the building suddenly opened. The second guard stood in the doorway.

"His lordship will see you," said the 2nd guard.

"Hm. Well, you shouldn't keep him," said the older guard, stepping aside. The girls entered the building. They found the room hall they were in covered with wooden floors. Stone made up the walls, and portraits hung. There were paintings of the town itself, populated with painted villagers. Even one depicting guards standing over the carcasses of dead raptor-like creatures, covered in bright bird-like feathers.

The girls soon entered a large room. A fireplace sat at the end. There were a couple of desks and chairs in the room. Mounted heads of wolves and raptors were on one of the walls. The girls found an older man to be seated on a large chair, sitting with a chalice in his hand.

"Come in. No reason to stall," said the Lord as he took a drink from his chalice. The girls reluctantly stepped inside into the room as the older man rose. He was wrinkly and bore long white hair. His clothes were much more sophisticated compared to the citizens of the village. He wore a dark suit with red funneled cuffs at the end of his sleeves. He also wore a ruby pendent around his neck.

"I am Lord Grunge. I am the head of this town and servant to her majesty," said the man with a bow. Rarity gasped.

"Her majesty? As in royalty?" asked Rarity, her interest peeking.

"Indeed. Now, what is it that you wished to ask me?" questioned Grunge.

"We apologize for the intrusion, sir. But we're in need of help. We were marooned into the jungle and got separated from our friends. We were hoping if there was any way we could find somewhere to stay or at least have a map of the land," said Twilight.

"And food while we're- Oof!" Pinkie was elbowed by Applejack, who sent her a look.

"The jungle you say? That is the most hostile place in all of the land. Filled with those dreadful Skull Crawlers and other horrid beasts," said the Lord.

"You don't know the half of it," shuddered Rainbow.

"If you girls are in need, then I can provide. Though I would need you to compensate me," said Grunge as he stepped over a table, pouring himself more wine.

"But sir, we don't have money," said Rarity.

"I only ask that you young ladies earn your keep. Whether it is helping the farmers with their crops or offering your services to the denizens of this town," said Grunge. He turned as he grabbed a roll of paper and handed it to Twilight.

"If not, then you only get this," said Grunge as he walked back to his chair. Twilight unfurled the paper, finding it to be a map. As she scanned it, her expression turned to confusion.

"Wha... this doesn't make sense," said Twilight to herself.

"Sir, might I look at a world map?" asked Twilight. The older man merely got back up and began to search a shelf. He soon returned with another map. As Twilight unfurled it, her eyes widened.

"This... this can't be right," said Twilight.

"Is there a problem?" asked Grunge.

"Um... no. I think we may take you up on that offer," said Twilight. Rarity squealed in delight as the rest of the girls silently celebrated.

"Excellent. I shall arrange a place at one of our inns for you. Please wait outside to be escorted," said Grunge. The girls had soon left the room and were making their way through the hall to the exit of the building. Twilight bore a stunned look as she held the maps in her arms.

"Twi?" called Applejack worriedly.

"Girls... I think we've been wrong about our whole situation," said Twilight. The girls looked at her in confusion. Twilight showed them the world map. The map depicted a continent, connected to a smaller continent. The map depicted what looked to be unfamiliar landmasses structured together. Each continent bore a name. But after looking through the regional map, Twilight found what landmass they were apparently on. The continent they were on was labeled, Equescidar.

"This isn't our world," said Twilight.


There was a howl in the winds. Dust blew across the barren land, bathing the stones and great rocks that jutted out of the dull grey earth. A group of vultures descended from the air upon on a dead human man, dressed in rags. He lied in the dirt, with his neck slit. The buzzards began to peck at his flesh but squawked in fright as a pack of raptors snarled and rushed in. The feathered creatures were dull grey and tan in their color of their feathers. Their heads bore a crest of feathers that were black and stood erect. They snarled as the vultures flew off in fright. The predators began to swarm the corpse and began indulge on the flesh to satisfy their hunger.

This was life in this region. A wasteland, filled with nothing but dust and hungry lost predators that roamed. There was no sign of luscious green, thus no beauty filled this land. There was only death. This was a sight that Sigyn and Kenra grew familiar with.

From the air, Sigyn and Kenra rode a sickly pteranodon over the wasteland. They found a city made of stone to be present in this wasteland. The city was surrounded by walls that enclosed it, protecting it from the hazards of land. The city bore an overall gloomy and dull appearance. Some flags hung on the structures, blowing in the wind. Among these structures was a grand citadel. The citadel bore a gothic-like appearance. There were multiple towers and walls built into the main structure. Web-like windows decorated the dark structure.

The pteranodon landed in the court yard. The two women disembarked and made their way to the citadel as some dark armored guard led the pteranodon away from the court yard. Sigyn and Kenra entered the citadel and walked through the grand halls.

The halls of the structure were long, covered in red rugs and marble floor. The windows allowed in what little sunlight shone through the grey clouds in the sky. Eventually, Sigyn and Kenra found themselves entering a large throne room. The throne comprised of a seat decorated with silver and gold. Spider leg-like structures stuck out from the top of the throne, encircling a decorative spider web.

"Your majesty," greeted Sigyn as she and Kenra knelt before the throne. Cold eyes locked onto the two women as they knelt. Long nailed fingers tapped on the arm rest.

"Why are you not at your post?" A deep feminine voice asked from the throne.

"We discovered a group of intruders nearing one of our territories," answered Sigyn.

"Why are you reporting this to me? You are to take care of intruders and any potential threats that moves into these lands," said the voice. Her tone growing annoyed.

"Unfortunately, they escaped with the Iwi tribe," said Sigyn as she kept her head bowed.

"Is this all that you have come to say? You failed at your duty and you dare to bring up those savages as if they are worth a thought?" demanded the figure on the throne.

"How about you get to the point instead of pissing her off? I rather not die today," said Kenra as she glared at Sigyn. The long eared woman stood up as she held up her crystal ball.

"It’s who was among the interlopers that’s fascinating," said Sigyn as she waved a glowing hand. The crystal depicted a couple of Transmutants morphing and changing into savage beasts.

"Demi-Titans. Sigyn, my patience is fleeting as more information is brought to me," said the figure.

"With all due respect, Empress. We're informing you that these intruders may be worth more trouble than we thought. We can't simply ignore such beings," said Sigyn.

"Wait, who is that?" asked the figure on the throne. Sigyn looked at her crystal ball in confusion, wondering who her mistress was referring to.

"Bring it here," said the woman on the throne. Sigyn approached, holding up the crystal ball. The woman on the throne brought her pale hand over the crystal ball, as it glowed with an eerie green aura. The images in the crystal ball began to reverse. The woman then closed her hand, pausing the images. She found a young man standing with dark hair, a scowl on his face, amber eyes and a left arm that looked scorched. No, not scorched. This arm bore scales and claws. The images moved again, showing the same person transforming into a bipedal reptile.

"Oh, him? Yeah I know a bit about him," said Kenra, her tone a bit bitter.

"This one survived, correct?" asked the Empress, ignoring kenra.

"Indeed. My eyes in the sky found that he was alive and well," said Sigyn.

"Bring him here to me," said the Empress.

"Just him, your majesty? Not the-" Sigyn was interrupted as the Empress slammed a fist on her arm rest.

"I have no desire for the rest nor the girls that were with them! Bring me the boy!" said the Empress, her voice echoed through the throne room.

"A-As you wish," said Sigyn, stepping away from the throne. She and Kenra began to rush out of the throne room as the Empress brought her hands together as her dark lips curled into a smile.


It was the late afternoon. Twilight, Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow found themselves sitting inside a wooden room. There were a few beds in the room. The sun was setting, shining its orange light through the window. The girls stood around a bed, looking down on the two maps that they had received from Lord Grunge.

"You weren't kidding," said Rainbow.

"This changes everything, doesn't it? We're not in a different time period, we're in another world!" said Rarity.

"All it tells us is that we won't have to worry about messing up the timeline with our interactions with the world. We just need to figure out a way to get home. We need everyone here so we can recreate what sent us here in the first place," said Twilight.

"Twilight, that could have been a one-time thing. We don't know for sure that will even work," said Rainbow. Twilight sighed as she rubbed her hand over her forehead and to her hair. She didn't want to acknowledge that argument, because deep down she knew that she was right. This was brought up before but no one paid it any mind.

"That doesn't matter right now. We just need to find our friends. We can rest easier knowing they're safe," said Applejack. Pinkie frowned deeply.

"I can't rest knowing they're out there," said Pinkie in a small tone.


The nocturnal creatures of the jungle rose, prowling for their nightly routine. While the sun was just barely starting to set, the deepest parts of the jungle were engulfed in darkness. From the safety of the Iwi tribe's walls, Junior stood and stared off from the tower. He brought up a pair of binoculars, lent to him curtsy of Ann Darrow. He scanned the land in hopes of finding the rest of the Main 7. He heard footsteps approaching as he scanned the land. He looked to the side and found Mosura to be approaching.

"Any luck?" asked Mosura. Junior sighed as he looked back to the jungle.

"No..." answered Junior. Mosura frowned. She found the boy to be slouched on a wooden stump, looking through the binoculars. The girl made her way to his side and knelt next to him.

"We spent all day searching. Nothing but animals out there. If I had it my way, I'd go out there to look myself," said Junior.

"Well, dinner's gonna be ready soon. Why not take a break?" asked Mosura.

"Could you bring me whatever they're having, please? I'm afraid to leave and miss them if they happen to come around," said Junior. Mosura nodded in understanding.

"Sure. I'll be back," said Mosura.

Mosura found herself climbing down the ladder to the wall. She stopped midway and looked back up. She sighed, her heart heavy. All of the teens were worried for the rest of the girls, though Junior seemed to be taking it much harder than the rest. He's obsessed with looking for them. She even heard how he almost got into a fight with Kong just so he could run off on his own to look for the girls.

"Hang in there," whispered Mosura as she climbed down to the ground.

Mosura began to make her way down to the Iwi camp. She passed the empty huts and found herself nearing a fire pit. She found some Iwi gathered around a hog's carcass, hanging over a flame. She found that there were also fish being cooked over smaller pits. The Iwi seemed to have a great thing going aside from the dangerous creatures that lurked. They at least knew where their food came from and worked together to feed their tribe. It was something that she only ever heard in stories of primitive tribes. Seeing it in real life was almost magical. All she ever known was the easy and industrialized life of the 21st century. She didn't have to worry about food as long as she had money and could find a store. And there was the indoor plumbing. Mosura knew that she and the others had it pretty easy. That prospect had her thinking about how fortunate she and her friends were to have worked together to get as far as they did. Being among this tribe was quite humbling.

Mosura found Fluttershy, Angirasu, Rodan, Sunset, Aria and Sonata to be sitting at a fight pit, near three nearly constructed huts. Mosura sat beside Fluttershy with a sigh.

"He's not coming?" asked Fluttershy.

"No, sorry," said Mosura. Fluttershy crossed her arms in disappointment. Sunset began to pick at the fish that she had caught earlier with a stick.

"Hmm. What do you think? I never cooked fish before," said Sunset. Angirasu leaned forward and squinted at the fish that were impaled by sticks.

"I think they might be fine right now," said Angirasu. Fluttershy sighed as she nibbled on fruit.

"Do you think this will be enough?" asked Aria.

"Well we have fruit too. If you're still hungry, eat some of that," said Sunset.

"Remember to put some aside for Gojira," said Mosura.

"Got it," said Sunset as she and the rest of the teens, excluding Fluttershy, pulled the skewered fish out of the flames. Sonata took a bite and yelped.

"It's hot, you idiot," deadpanned Aria. Sonata whined as she blew on her food.

"So... what's the plan for tomorrow?" asked Sunset.

"Well, for sure Gojira is going to go back out there to search for the others. I think he mentioned traveling further away," said Mosura. Fluttershy grimaced as she sat in silence. She knew that they had to keep looking for their friends, no matter what. However, she feared the time it would take. There was no way that the others would stick around. They'd move about and likely search for safety. It was possible that they continued their journey to the mountains, as their plan was previously.

"Maybe we should look together. We could cover more ground that way. I could even ask if the animals seen them," said Fluttershy. Mosura smiled with a nod.

"Good idea!" said Mosura.

"Well you better get up early. Gojira wakes up as soon as the morning birds start to chirp," said Angirasu as he took a bite out of his fish.

"Are you still going out there?" asked Sonata worriedly. Angirasu scoffed.

"Of course I am. Those are my friends out there too," said Angirasu. Sonata recoiled from his sharp tone.

"Easy. She was just asking," said Aria as she slightly narrowed her eyes. Angirasu merely took another bite, his brows furrowed. There was an uncomfortable silence among the teens. Mosura cleared her throat as she grabbed the remaining fish and some fruit.

"I should probably get this to Goji before it gets cold," said Mosura.

Mosura found herself leaving the camp. She didn't know what exactly happened with Angirasu, but he seemed rather hostile to Sonata lately. She'd ask him what was wrong herself but felt it wasn't her business. But still, Mosura worried that this would have a negative effect on the overall group. Fortunately they were living among this tribe.

Mosura found herself climbing up the ladder to the wall. The food she carried was held in a sack that hung from her shoulder. Once she made it half way up, she heard someone speaking. She recognized one of the voices to belong to junior. However, the other was female.

"Ooh! So cold!" said the voice. Mosura mentally groaned. She recognized the voice as Dwan's.

"Look, I'm just trying to keep an eye out. You're distracting me," said Junior. Mosura sighed in annoyance she climbed higher. Her presence might be what will at least get this skank to take a hike and leave the boy in peace.

"Hey, what's your relationship with Adagio?" asked Dwan. Mosura stopped climbing. Her body froze in place.

"What do you mean?" asked Junior. Dwan scoffed.

"You know what I mean. Is there anything going on between you? Are you friends? Or do you just fuck around?" asked Dwan.

"Yeesh. You didn't even ask if we were a couple. What kind of guy do you take me for?" asked Junior.

"Well, what's the story?" asked Dwan impatiently. Mosura kept her breathing light. She could've interrupted this conversation anytime she liked. But she felt compelled to keep listening.

"It's complicated," said Junior as he went back to looking through the binoculars. Mosura mouthed to herself in confusion.

"Complicated? What the hell does that mean?" asked Dwan.

"Look, there was an incident. I rather not get into it. Especially since Adagio's not well," said Junior in annoyance.

"Incident? What'd you do? She caught you masturbating to her or something?" Asked Dwan in confusion. Mosura cupped her mouth to suppress a gasp. Junior looked to Dwan in shock.

"What the fuck?! No! God, why is everything have to be so perverted with you?!" Said Junior.

"Well what is it? It can't be any worse than what I just guessed," said Dwan. Junior scratched his head.

"Look. From what I could tell, she tried playing some games with me. I thought they were innocent at first and didn't think much of them. But she tried to trick me into going out with her or something. I don't know. That girl is hard to understand," said Junior with a sigh.

"Well aren't we all? The same could be said for you boys," said Dwan with a shrug.

"I guess you're right. But I'm also not what you would call a 'people-person'," said Junior as he made quotes with his fingers. Dwan giggled.

"Well, I can help you with that," said Dwan as she leaned close to the boy. Mosura clenched her teeth, only imagining what was happening higher up.

"You know... if you don't like games, we can just skip on ahead and get to business," said Dwan with a seductive smile.

"Wow. You sure don't waste time," said Junior. Mosura was grinding her teeth as Dwan giggled. She could hear the wood creaking from her movement.

"No sir. If you want, we can have a little fun up here," said Dwan as she began to run her hand along Junior's chest. The boy sighed.

"Dwan, I gotta say. I'm not feeling up for it," said Junior as he took the girl's hand and moved it away. Dwan looked on in confusion while Mosura's brows raised.

"Wha... what do you mean?" asked Dwan.

"I'll be blunt. You strike me as a very promiscuous girl," said Junior with a deadpanned look. Dwan bore a stunned look as Mosura held in her laughter.

"Wh- So?!" said Dwan indignantly.

"Dwan, I don't know how those guys in Applewood behave. I assume most of them would take you up on your offer," said Junior as ran his hand against his hair.

"But I was raised by old school parents that made mistakes. I'm all for monogamy and sex after marriage. Or at least with someone you plan on marrying," said Junior. Dwan just stared silently as Mosura trembled from holding in her laughter.

"You just don't strike me as my type. Sorry," said Junior with a shrug. Mosura flinched as she heard a loud smack.

"Fuck you! You fucking piece of shit!" yelled Dwan, her face flustered.

"Jeez! I'm here trying to be nice and you- ugh! I bet you have a baby dick! You can only dream of tagging ass as good as mine! Fucking loser!" Said Dwan as she spat on the boy. She stormed off, away from the boy and further along the wall. Junior sighed heavily as he wiped his face and rubbed his red cheek.

"That went better than I thought it would," said Junior. He noticed Mosura to be climbing up, holding a forced smile.

"How much did you hear?" Asked Junior.

"Eh... the whole thing," said Mosura. Junior shook his head as the girl climbed up to the wall.

"You think she might have been carrying something?" asked Junior with a grimace.

"I wouldn't worry. Alpha Tramp's germs likely won't hurt ya," said Mosura jokingly. She knelt beside the boy and touched Junior's cheek. He winced in response.

"Easy! It's tender!" said Junior.

"Oops! Sorry," said Mosura sheepishly. She looked to the side as she began to rub a few strands of her hair with her index finger and thumb .

"Hey uh... I'm sorry about giving you a hard time yesterday. I know that must have been annoying," said Mosura.

"Meh. I'm over it," said Junior with a shrug. Mosura reached to the sack she carried around her shoulder and handed it to Junior.

"Thanks," said Junior as he drew out the fish. Mosura sat down beside Junior as he began to eat, looking beyond the wall. The girl stared off at the dark jungle, hearing the distant calls of the beasts that dwell in it.

"It's hard to believe that this is happening. I mean, a whole new world? What do you do with that kind of revelation? It just feels unreal," said Mosura.

"I don't know..." answered Junior.

"But... as long as we're together, I think we'll be fine. Right?" asked Junior.

"Hehe. It's a surprise to hear you being optimistic," said Mosura. Junior shrugged.

"Well, it just seems true. Besides, someone has to be positive," said Junior. Mosura nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Well, good night," said Mosura as she stood up and walked to the ladder. Junior nodded to her as he looked through the binoculars again.

"G'night," said Junior. Mosura began to climb down the ladder but stopped. She took one last look at Junior, wanting to speak. She wanted to make an excuse to stay with him. Anything just to be around him just a little while longer. But she couldn't think of any. She sighed as a blush was on her face as she bore a frown. She was about to leave but heard a heavy sigh.

"Please be OK..." whispered Junior to himself. Mosura bit her lip, able to hear the stress in Junior's tone. She then hardened expression.

'That's it. No more acting like a lovesick little girl. It's time to start taking charge,' thought Mosura. She began to climb back up and make her way back onto the wall. Junior turned around in confusion.

"On second thought, I may stay up a while longer. Another pair of eyes may help," said Mosura with a smile. Junior smiled back. Mosura took a seat beside him and took the binoculars from him.

"I'll use these for a bit. You should eat properly," said Mosura.

"Thanks, Mosu," said Junior.