• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 1,558 Views, 73 Comments

Shy and Aggressive: Book 2 - Johng117



After thwarting a horde of malevolent mutations, The Main 7, The Dazzlings and Mutant 4 find themselves marooned onto a foreign world.

  • ...
6
 73
 1,558

Chapter 27: Mahlgo

Junior was staring at the blade of the sword he held. He began to sheath the weapon, while adjusting the straps to the armor that covered his right arm.

"Gojira, could you help me with this strap?" asked Kiri, turning her back to the boy, pointing to a strap that ran along her back for the breast plate.

"Sure."

Junior began to adjust the strap on the girl's back. He grimaced as he looked at his claws.

"Sorry if I cut you. My left is a bit clumsy compared to my right," said Junior with a chuckle.

"I don't mind a little roughness," said Kiri, coyly. The boy gulped with a sheepish smile.

"Get a room," said Krush, walking by with a mace. Junior cleared his throat.

"Uh... how's that? Not too tight?" asked Junior.

"Perfect," said Kiri, turning her torso to test her range of motion.

"Oh, be sure to keep a second weapon on you. Never know when it may come in handy," said Kiri as she held out a knife. Junior took it with a nod.

"Hopefully I won't have to," said Junior as he pocketed the knife. He noticed the frown on Kiri's face. She reached out and placed a hand over Junior's right side of his face.

"That mark doesn't suit your handsome face," said Kiri. Junior gently took her hand removed it. An embarrassed smile was on his face. He then took notice of Callous to be standing at the far end of the armory. He wore light pieces of armor for his arms. He had a sword hanging from his waist, while he gathered up small knives. Callous suddenly made his way over to the corner of the room, where he was alone. He knelt to the corner and bowed.

'Yeah, you ought to pray. No way an older guy like you can get through this,' thought Junior.



The games were about to begin. The crowd cheered as the announcer began to hype them up for today's games.

Twilight grimaced as she sat silently. She hadn't heard back from Sunset since she, Mosu, and Fluttershy went off to search for Junior. However, some of that worry dissipated once she saw the three making their way back up to their row.

"No good. Place was crawling with guards. They just started moving him," said Sunset, regret in her tone.

"Shoot. Did you get that, Lieutenant?" asked Twilight.

"Affirmative. Stand by," said Aiko over the COM. Twilight sighed.

"Might as well enjoy the show," said Rainbow.

"Ah! How can you say that? You do realize that gladiatorial games are to the death?!" asked Rarity, incredulous.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting to you, Empress Malicia!" cried the announcer, gesturing up to the royal skybox. The teens all stiffened as they heard this. They all turned their gazes to find the lovely empress of this hated nation. She waved to her subjects as they cheered for her.

"So... That's the evil tyrant that we've heard so much about," said Angirasu, furrowing his brows.

"She's... So pretty," said Pinkie in shock.

"So?" asked Rainbow.

"I'm just surprised, is all," replied Pinkie.

"Well, looks are deceiving," said Mosura warily.

Fluttershy kept her gaze up at the empress. The longer the girl stared, the more she began to tremble. Fluttershy felt a growing urge to scream or run. While she normally felt this way with strangers due to her introvert nature, this was different. On the outside, Fluttershy saw a beautiful woman. But looking into her eyes, Fluttershy saw something that made her tremble. It was like Fluttershy's base instincts were screaming at her to flee from a vicious predator. Whatever Malicia was, she wasn't human. Not even a mutant could make Fluttershy feel what she was feeling now. No, the girl felt like she was making contact with a genuine monster.

"Whoa! Hey, are you OK?" asked Sunset, worriedly. Fluttershy held a hand over her chest, giving hard pants. She trembled as sweat beads began to form on her face. The girl was now staring at her feet, as her heart throbbed in her chest.

Meanwhile, at the royal skybox, Malicia sat in silence. Her expression had hardened.

"Your majesty?" called Sigyn.

"I smell others," said Malicia to herself. Sigyn and Kenra glanced at each other.



The crowd cheered as the gladiators began to step out from a tunnel, all armed to the teeth. But the cheers were mainly directed at Junior. Not the traitors, nor prisoners of war. These days, people flocked to the games to a rare sight. The strength of a Demi-Titan.

Junior stepped out, a hard expression on his face. The rest of the gladiators all stood, ready for whatever challenge awaited them. The gates to the other tunnels opened. From the tunnels, four spore mantises scurried out. The crowd cheered as the wooden insects chittered, twitching their mandibles and antennae.

"Wait, I thought they'd fight lions or something!" exclaimed Sonata, as the gladiators broke off into groups, as the creatures approached.

"OK, we need to start acting! I'm going in and grabbing him!" said Rainbow as she stood. Angirasu grabbed her arm and forced her to sit back down.

"Don't! You'll give us away!" Said Angirasu, as the crowd cheered over them.

"But we gotta get him-!"

Rainbow was interrupted as a scream filled the air. A gladiator that was close to the wall was held in the mandibles of the spore mantis. The insect thrashed its head, swinging the man. The bite and motion caused his torso to tear and fly off through the air. The teens screamed in horror, as he came flying their way. Blood trailed behind him. The torso suddenly collided against an invisible wall, which partially revealed itself as a grid that sparked from the impact. The gladiator's torso bounced off the barrier and landed back into the arena in sparks, just as the mantis rushed in to devour the rest of him.

"Oh fuck!" cried Rodan. Twilight suddenly heaved and hunched over. The girl retched, feeling the need to vomit. The rest of the teens felt sick to their guts as well after witnessing such carnage.

"Hey! It's alright if you vomit! Most of the first timers usually do!" chuckled an older man as he patted Twilight's shoulder from a row behind. Meanwhile, Pinkie was sobbing to herself as she covered her eyes.

"You still wanna just sit here?!" demanded Rainbow.

"Rainbow, didn't you see that? There's some kind of barrier around the arena!" said Sunset.

"No, I was too busy witnessing a man GET TORN APART BY A FUCKING INSECT!" Rainbow shouted.

"Oh God, I can't watch this!" said Aria, looking away as she heard the cries of the gladiators, as the insects tore them apart.

"We can't do anything! There's no way to get through without drawing attention! Besides, we could put innocent lives at risk!" said Sunset.

"No, but that sure doesn't keep them from enjoying others putting their own at risk," said Angirasu, flatly.

"Goji..." Fluttershy whimpered, as she snuck a peek through her fingers.

The Main 6, Dazzlings, and 3 of of 4 Mutants could only watch helplessly, as the gladiators fended against the giga-sized insects. They often were unable to keep their sights on the game because of the carnage that would take place. The cries of agony, the shrieks of the monsters, and the flying of limbs and stains of blood. Horror movies, violent video games and stories weren't even enough to prepare them for this carnage.

In the arena, the gladiators began to form into groups. They kept their distance from the spore mantises the best they could. But, the monsters were too quick on their multiple legs. Their log shaped bodies were met with mere scratches from their weapons, but they weren't enough.

"Fuck! Their armor is too tough to get a good cut!" said Junior.

"Go for its legs! There's a gap in the joints!" said Kiri. Junior was about to move in, but noticed someone rushing by.

"Hey!" Junior cried.

Callous was rushing towards the spore mantis, his blade drawn. The insect shrieked as it raised its legs and brought them down. Its tree trunk-like feet missed the gladiator, who slid on the ground passed the front legs. Callous swung his sword on one of the back legs, just as he slid under. He slashed the soft tissue that was exposed beneath. The blade cut cleanly through. The mantis shrieked as one of its leg fell from its body, causing it to stumble. It turned to Callous and swung its remaining legs.

Callous quickly rolled away, avoiding the stomps from the creature. He shot up to his feet and held up his blade. As the mantis brought its front leg down again, Callous merely stepped to the side, missing the foot by a hair. Callous quickly spun towards the exposed joint and swung his blade, slicing the front leg clean off. The mantis staggered back, shrieking in agony. Callous casually stepped back, twirling his blade, stained in yellow bug fluid. The crowd cheered.

'Wow. I seriously underestimated this guy,' thought Junior. He shook off his dumbfounded look and rushed to the spore mantis that had its back to him. Junior grabbed one of the back legs of the creature and began to pull with all of his might. This resulted in him tearing the leg from its socket.

The mantis shrieked as it began to collapse onto the ground, its remaining legs unable to support itself let alone remain coordinated. Kiri rushed passed Junior and hopped onto the back of the beast. She raised her sword and forced it into the head of the spore mantis, just before it could retract itself into its log body. The creature went limp as its head was penetrated by the sword.

"Hot damn, that was cool! Wooo!!" Rodan cried. He then stood up and waved his arms.

"Hey, girl! Let me call ya!" shouted Rodan with a whistle.

"Whoa, that's weird. I swear I heard..." Junior began took around with a confused look.

"Don't get distracted! We have more to kill!" said Kiri.



The rest of this game resulted in the remaining gladiators to become more coordinated. With Kiri's knowledge, Birdman's speed and aerial prowess, Krush's and Junior's strength and even Callous's swordsmanship, they were able to kill the remaining insects. The teens found themselves cheering from the sidelines, mainly due to the gladiators and their friend surviving.

The games went on. They watched in awe and dread, as Junior faced off against numerous dangerous creatures. From saber cats, to large aggressive dinosaurs. Along the way, there were the deaths of more gladiators to the beasts. But, Junior showed himself capable of handling it. He even took some creatures on his own, which made the crowd go wild. Even the teens couldn't help but join in, as Junior bashed a Death Jackal with his heavy shield.

Well, not everyone cheered. Fluttershy was silent, flinching and cupping her mouth at the sight of the arena. She couldn't find enjoyment out of this. People were being forced to kill innocent creatures, for their own survival. Even the creatures were killing to survive. To her, the whole thing was a sick perversion of what goes on in the natural world. As if that wasn't bad enough, people were excited over the carnage, whether it was of humans or animals.

Fluttershy pitied the creatures, but also the humans. Both had no say in this bloodsport. Neither was in the wrong. But, Fluttershy herself felt unclean by watching this whole thing.

The girl was no fool. She knew the natural world was often harsh and unforgiving. Bloodshed was common among beasts. Even humans were often at the mercy of the natural world before they built cities. But these games were not natural. It was all wrong.



Soon, the last beast was slain. It lied dead at Junior's feet, who raised his bloody blade with a primal cry. The crowd erupted into cheers, chanting the boy's name.

"You're show boating again," said Kiri. Junior sheepishly lowed his arm, prompting an amused laugh to escape Kiri's throat.

"If only his shirt was off," said Adagio, shifting her legs in her seat. Her face flushed.

"Aw man. This made me realize that he was holding back when we sparred once," said Angirasu in dismay.

"He seems to be quite popular among the locals," said Rarity, as the crowd chanted Junior's name.

"I think that was the last one. Let's try to get his attention," said Sunset. But, that hope was dashed away when the remaining gladiators left the arena, while Junior remained.

"And now, for the fight you've waited for! Gojira!!" cried the announcer, as the audience cheered. Junior rolled his neck with a grunt, his brows furrowed.

"Wait, why are they still making him fight?!" asked Mosura in alarm. There was the sudden sound of thundering footsteps. Those in the colosseum felt the tremors and heard the the heavy steps. A great gate at one end of the arena began to raise, as a great figure approached from the shadows.

"From beyond our beloved empire and undefeated in 8 states! I give you, MAHLGO!!" The announcer shouted, just as the new challenger stepped into the arena. Junior's shoulders slumped, as he stared slack jawed. The crowd cheered wildly, while the Main 7, Dazzlings and mutants looked on in utter shock.

"Oh God, it's a giga!" exclaimed Rarity.

"What the hell is a giga?!" cried Adagio.

Junior stepped back as a 20 foot tall man stomped over. He was covered in faded scars that decorated his bare chest. He had thick brows and a protruding bridge that led down to a wide nostril nose. His dark beard hung down to the base of his neck, glistening with sweat from the heat of the land. His body was made up of bulky muscles, which added to his hulking mass. In his large hand, the giant carried a heavy club, coated in iron knob shaped protrusions. Mahlgo slammed his club to the ground, causing the arena to rumble.

"I have never felt so small in my entire life," said Junior, staring wide eyed.

"YEAH, IT DOESN'T FEEL GOOD, HUH?!" Twilight shouted from the audience. Junior quickly turned, his eyes widening in shock. His heart leapt in his chest as he found several familiar faces among the crowd. He had to rub his eyes to make sure that he wasn't seeing things.

"Guys?!" exclaimed Junior.

"Hi Goji!!" Pinkie shouted, startling the Dogomites nearby. She wildly waved her hand, a large grin on her face.

"How the fu-!" Junior was interrupted as a familiar bell rang. He turned to find Mahlgo rearing his hand and swiped at the boy.

"OH!!" The teens all exclaimed in shock and horror as Junior was backhanded by the colossal man. He spiraled through the air and rolled along the sand.

"OH! That's gonna leave a mark!" said the announcer.

"Gojira!" Fluttershy cried.

Junior grunted as he staggered up to his feet. The white sand fell from his body and hair. He found the giga man to be charging towards him, raising his club. Junior bolted off, just as the club came crashing down. He stumbled from the force of the attack that hit the ground, but kept running. Mahlgo snarled as he began to give chase. His longer legs allowed him to quickly catch up to the boy. Junior spun as the giant reached out for him. With a swing of his sword, Junior made a gash against the giant's palm.

"Gah!!" The giant roared in pain, his deep voice bellowed. He stumbled back, allowing Junior to run up to him. Just as the giant was about to take another step back, the boy slid under the sole of his massive sandal and mustered all of his strength. Mahlgo fell back and slammed to the ground, resulting in the crowd to cheer.

"Get 'em, Goji! Get 'em!" cried Pinkie.

Junior leapt onto the giant's chest. He began to run to the head of his colossal opponent, but the giant had come to his senses. He quickly raised his hand and smacked it down on his chest. Junior was slammed under his palm, forced into a daze. The giant grabbed Junior in the palm of his hand and stood. The crowd cheered as the giant stood to his full height. Junior grunted as he struggled to pry himself out of the giant's grip. Mahlgo gave deep and amused chuckles, as he applied more force to his grip. Junior cried out in agony as he felt his body crushed.

"Malicia, is this really alright?" asked Sigyn, looking to the empress. Malicia just watched with a stoic look.

"Either he dies, or he doesn't hold back. I can live with either," said Malicia dismissively. Sigyn turned her attention back to the arena. The boy may have been a 'demi-titan', but he was quite weak. At least from what she could see here. She noticed a bit of hesitation as he ran along his chest to the head of his opponent. Some might have missed it, but Sigyn noticed that Junior had started to slow down. He could have kept up his assault. But, the giga human could have easily crushed him as well. To some, he looked like a big dumb clumsy oaf, but Sigyn has seen this gladiator in a battle before. He was toying with the boy.

'Either Lucky Dragon stops hesitating, or Mahlgo just finishes him because of boredom.'

Junior cried out as he was thrown to the ground by Mahlgo. He wheezed as he lied in the sand, as dust rose over him. Mahlgo gave deep chuckles as he grabbed Junior and began to drag him along the ground, back and forth.

"Fuck, this is just brutal," said Aria, wincing.

"He's gonna be paste if we don't do something!" cried Pinkie, panicking.

"I got an idea!" said Rodan.

"Well, spit it out!" said Mosura. Rodan suddenly shot up.

"HEY! YOU'RE BEING A BITCH, GOJI!" Rodan shouted over the cheering crowd.

"Rodan!" Sunset glared at the Transmutant.

"Come on! My grandma can hit harder than you!" Rodan shouted. Junior growled as he lied in the dirt, as Mahlgo rested a knee over his back, crushing him. Even through his pain, he was able to hear the boy's remarks.

"QUIT BEING A BITCH!" Rodan shouted. His words replayed over and over in Junior's mind.

"I'm not a bitch." Junior clenched his fists. His expression hardened.

"I'm not a bitch." Junior spat as his muscles grew, and his veins popped. His eyes became reptilian for a brief moment before reverting back. Junior used his hands to push himself up. Mahlgo appeared to struggle with keeping him down. Everyone cheered as they watched Junior raise himself on one knee, as he held up the giant's colossal knee.

"I'M NOT A BITCH!" Junior roared as he forced the knee off of himself. He quickly reached for his side, drawing the knife that Kiri had given him. He swiftly jammed the blade into the thigh of the giant, who cried out in agony. Junior repeatedly began to stab his opponent, staining his entire hand and blade in blood. The giant swiped at the boy, sending him flying across the arena. Junior quickly rolled back to his feet, stumbling into a short slide. The crowd cheered.

"There, see? All he needed was a little negative reinforcement," said Rodan.

"Well, I won't argue with results," said Aria.

"Go-Ji-Ra! Go-Ji-Ra!" The audience chanted, as Mahlgo painfully stood up to his feet. His face had hardened as he picked up his club. Junior snarled as he held his blood soaked knife. The light glistened on the blade, catching the boy's eye. He watched as crimson droplets fell to the bleached sand. Then, he looked to his opponent, who bled from his wound.

'I can't do it. Not unless I want to lose this bet,' thought Junior. He couldn't deal lethal blows like he did with the creatures. This may have been a giant, but there was no doubt that he was still human. No question that Malicia would win should Junior kill him.

But still, he wasn't going to last. He was on his own this time, against an opponent that was not only larger, but also just as intelligent. A giant hominid might have been a greater threat than a giant lizard.

'Wait, that's it!'

It was a long shot. It may even cost Junior if he were to succeed. But, it was the only way that he stood a chance. He dropped his knife to the ground, and held out his arms in a taunt.

"You want some, big man?! I'm right here!" Junior shouted. Mahlgo gave a war cry and came charging across the arena.

"Wait, he's not gonna stand a chance without a weapon!" exclaimed Sunset.

The giant came charging in, raising his club high into the air. Junior narrowed his eyes, loosening his hold on his shield. He eyed the giant as his rapidly approaching form came close. Junior ran up to the giant, while throwing his shield like a frisbee. The shield slammed against the giant's face, knocking his head back. He slowed his approached, allowing Junior to slip behind him. The boy then leapt and slammed against the back of Mahlgo's legs, sending him tumbling. Junior rushed to his back and latched himself onto the back of his neck. Junior began to send powerful blows against his foe's head. Mahlgo began to reach back for Junior, yanking him off. He threw the teen away, who slammed into the earth in a plume of dust.

"I'll crush you!!" Mahlgo roared as he stood up. He approached Junior, releasing his club. He began to send a barrage of punches at the boy.

"GOJIRA!" The rescue team cried out in horror. They were unable to see the carnage, as the powerful blows from Mahlgo had created clouds of dust. The dust rose, obscuring most of the arena. Mahlgo panted as he stood to his full height, chuckling. The colosseum was in a dead silence. They watched and waited for the clouds of dust to clear, anticipating the fate of the young man, whose name echoed through the city. The rescue team felt despair beginning to set in, as they watched.

Suddenly, something was growing from the clouds of dust. It grew and grew. Mahlgo cried out as he fell back to the ground. Everyone jumped at this, watching with wide eyes. A low rumble filled the air. From the clouds, jagged dorsal plates pierced through. A reptilian's hide was exposed, as a great form was out of the dust. Everyone stared wide eyed at the beast that had grown larger by the second. Amber eyes narrowed at the giant humanoid at its feet.

The crowd suddenly cheered, knowing where this creature could have come from. As did the rescue team, knowing that their friend's fate had yet to be sealed. Junior rose up to his feet in his beast state, having grown to match the size of Mahlgo.

Junior snarled at Mahlgo, his throat rumbling with his growl. Even through his primitive state, he recognized this hominid as a foe. Without hesitating, Junior lunged for the giant. Mahlgo grabbed his club and held it out to catch Junior's jaws. The razor sharp teeth in his maw sunk into the club.

Junior groaned as he attempted to press all of his weight onto Mahlgo, who remained on his back, holding his club up to keep the mutant back. Junior slobbered and growled like a mad dog as he strived to snap through the club. Mahlgo raised his feet and kicked Junior against his gut, sending the Transmutant back.

Junior wailed as he fell backwards, his spines digging into the earth. The crowd cheered, finding themselves even more enthusiastic compared to earlier. Here they were witnessing the true power of such a wondrous being.

The mutant got back up to his feet, just as Mahlgo came rushing towards him. He swung his club against Junior's head, causing some teeth and blood to fly out. Junior yipped as he stumbled back, then was met with another blow to his shoulder. Before Mahlgo could take another swing, Junior rammed his body into the giant, knocking him back. But, Mahlgo had a tight hold on him and slammed his fists on Junior's head. The mutant dropped to his hands and knees, as he was left in a daze. The giant stepped behind Junior and grabbed his tail. Junior wailed as he was dragged along the sand, then found himself swung by the tail. The giant spun with Junior a full 720 degrees and released him, hurling him towards the barrier. The rescue team yelped with a start as they found the mutant crashing near them. The barrier sparked and caused Junior to wail.

"And here I thought we'd get a show," scoffed Kenra.

Junior groaned as he stood up, shaking off his disorientation. The giant came charging in and slammed into him, causing the barrier to spark more. Mahlgo kept Junior pinned and began to send several punches against his head. The teens flinched and winced at every strike as Junior just took every blow. The mutant managed to force Malhgo back for a moment, but merely raised his short arms, as he tucked his head behind them. Mahlgo continued his barrage of punches. The blows popped the air around them.

"Gojira what are you doing?! Fight back!" cried Mosura.

Junior grunted as he continued to hide his head, as Mahlgo continued punching him. While he was unable to reach his head, he managed to hit his sides and shoulders. Rodan's eyes widened as he watched this. The way the beast stood was almost like a boxer on guard. He then noticed that Mahlgo appeared to start breaking into a sweat. His movements were starting to slow down. Mahlgo took a step back, his arms still raised should the mutant try anything.

Mahlgo noticed that Junior had slightly raised his head from behind his raised arms. He swore that a toothy smirk appeared on the beast's muzzle. While he appeared like a mindless beast, the eyes told the giant otherwise. Junior suddenly began to deliberately wave one paw towards himself. He was taunting him.

"That son of a bitch," Rodan knowingly smirked. Mahlgo grew red in the face. With a mighty cry he stepped towards Junior and returned to delivering his punches. The reptile had tucked his head back in and raised his arms close, catching most of the blows.

"Come on, Goji! You can't let him beat you!!" Pinkie screamed from the audience, startling a couple people close by.

"Come on big guy. You got this!" Rodan said to himself, as Mahlgo continued to send his blows at the mutant. Junior's spine grazed against the barrier, causing brief jolts into him. But, he stood his ground and kept up his guard.

"Go-Ji-Ra! Go-Ji-Ra!" Sunset suddenly started to chant. One by one, her friends joined in. The chanting caused the neighboring Dogomites to join in. Soon, the entire Colosseum had resumed chanting for the Transmutant's name. Over and over, they cheered for the one who held his own against one of the most worthy opponents he's faced. Fluttershy cupped her mouth, watching on helplessly as her dear friend took on every hit. She always hated seeing him hurt. This horrid place was almost torture for her to be in. She found herself suddenly chanting with the crowd. While she couldn't do anything here, she was going to cry out with all of her heart to root for the one she cared for.

Mahlgo suddenly stopped punching. His arms burned and ached, and his breaths were labored. Junior still stood. His hearing picked up the giant's pants.

"It's about to go down," said Rodan, smirking.

Junior suddenly raised his head from cover. He balled up his right fist and took a step forward, adding momentum to the swing of his short arm. He slugged Mahlgo in the cheek, causing him to stagger back. The crowd erupted into cheers at this. Junior stepped forward and reared his fist back again and sent another punch. Mahlgo staggered back, too tired and disoriented to counter.

"Oh, how I can't stand to look!" wailed Rarity, dramatically holding a hand over her eyes. However, one eye was peeping between the fingers. Meanwhile, Junior swung his left against Mahlgo, causing him to stagger again. He began to switch between his left and right paws. He then began to unclench his fists, slashing at Mahlgo.

"RIP HIM TO SHREDS, DARLING!" Rarity shouted, sitting at the edge of her seat. Mahlgo found himself kicked against his gut, causing him to fall back. Junior stomped after him, snarling. He began to raise his foot and prepared to stomp. Mahlgo rolled away, narrowly avoiding the stomp. He shot to his feet and lunged for the mutant. Junior quickly spun, swinging his tail at the giant. Mahlgo was flung against the barrier, sending powerful jolts against him. He wailed in agony. Junior approached and stomped on his chest, forcing him more against the barrier.

Mahlgo caught his foot as the next stomp came. He thrust his arms forward, causing Junior to stumble back. Mahlgo shot back up and charged forward. Junior kept his feet planted, as the giant slammed into him. Mahlgo began to force himself forward, while sending another barrage of punches at Junior's chest and gut. The mutant groaned as he kept his paws planted on his shoulders, finding himself being forced back. The crowd continued to cheer, as these two giants fought with all of their might.

Junior sunk his fangs into Mahlgo's shoulder, causing him to cease his strikes. The sharp claws also dug into his flesh. Blood began to spill to the sand, while Junior began to push back. He shoved Mahlgo back, then spun and swung his tail under his legs. The giant fell over to the ground, while Junior raised his tail. He began to slam his tail down on his chest, over and over. Junior turned back around to find the giant lying on his back, covered in gashes and bruises along his body. Mahlgo panted as he glared at the mutant, who furrowed his brows in response. Mahlgo's head slumped to the side, his breathing labored.

The crowd went wild. Junior's name was chanted again. The mutant's eyes scanned the crowds as they shouted that familiar name, as their eyes were on him. It was a hard battle, but it solidified his position. He was Alpha. Junior stepped on Mahlgo's chest and raised his head. He let out a long, loud roar.

"HE DID IT!!" Pinkie cried, hugging Twilight tightly. The rescue team cheered as their friend let out a final bellow.

Meanwhile, from the royal skybox, Malicia watched with a smirk. She glanced at Kenra.

"Quite the show, wasn't it?" asked Malicia.

"Hell yeah. But was it good for you? " asked Kenra, cocking a brow.

"I mean, he didn't lose the wager."

Malicia said nothing in response. She only watched with a smirk. She admired Junior from afar. The jagged dorsal plates that ran along his back. The lava rock-like scales and charcoal grey color that made up his body. His long, powerful and whip-like tail that swayed. The carnivorous teeth that hung from his muzzle, the blood soaked claws, the eagle-like brows and the firm and intelligent eyes that rested in his sockets. He was a majestic and fearsome creature.

Junior began to stomp away from the arena center. He made his way to the gate, which began to open. His body began to shrink down along the way. By the time he shrunk down to a normal sized human, he had already made it inside of the tunnel, out of the sight of the cheering audience. Junior winced as he rubbed his shoulder. He stopped and sat against the stone wall, his eyes staring off. He gave a small, bitter chuckle.



Back in the Colosseum, everyone began to rise from their seats and leave. Idle conversation over today's games filled the air. Mahlgo sluggishly rose to his feet. He staggered to the larger gate that he had emerged from, disappearing from sight. The rescue team rose up as well.

"Yeah, we need to get him the fuck out of here," Sunset suddenly spoke.

"Damn right," said Mosura, nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, he might die." Sonata chimed in.

"I mean, he seemed to have held it together..." Aria said under her breath.

"OK. We know where they're keeping him, so let's head back for now," said Twilight.



Later, the teens had returned to the catacombs. Pinkie was talking the ears off of everyone present.

"And then he was like, 'SKREEEEE!!' It was like something out of a movie or something!" Pinkie wildly waved her arms, as she retold the events of the gladiatorial games. Or at least her version of it. Some of the gruesome details were softened up. Whether it was out of courtesy to others or for herself was unknown.

The adults of the rescue team listened. Miwa was of course mortified by the tales that were told to her. Senior's brows were furrowed. Manda was anxiously rubbing the back of her hands, while Aiko kept a stoic look.

"Aside from being pretty popular with the Dogomites, we found him being held in some kind of dungeon built into the side of the Colosseum. It may be where they keep the gladiators," said Twilight.

"Well, that narrows it down. The question is, how are we gonna extract him?" asked Koizumi.

"We send in a small team. We go in, neutralize threats, then we rendezvous here and back track from where we came," said Aiko.

"That could be difficult. I'm sensing a lot of strong magic here. Who knows what they have waiting," said Twilight.

"Nothing that you can't handle, right?" asked Aiko.

"W-Well..." Twilight cleared her throat.

"No. We're not involving the children," said Senior.

"We're already involved. Why not take advantage?" asked Rainbow. Senior sighed.

"It's too early to do anything without a solid plan. For now, why don't we just observe and study the area. We wouldn't want to waste time going in gun blazing while struggling to find where they keep him," said Koizumi.

"Very well. I need volunteers for a little reconnaissance mission," said Aiko, looking to everyone in the room. Inoue suddenly stepped forward.

"Reporting for duty, ma'am," said Inoue. Koizumi chuckled.

"Look at her, acting so professional," said Koizumi. Inoue's stance became less stiff, as her face reddened. Battra stepped forward as well, with a nod.

"Anyone else?" asked Aiko. She noticed Sunset suddenly raise her hand.

"Ma'am, I know I'm just a civilian. But I think that my abilities will prove valuable when it comes to stealth," said Sunset. Aiko looked to Senior, who appeared reluctant. He really did hate the idea of children getting involved in this. She couldn't blame him. It was parental nature after all. But, she would be valuable asset.

"Well, you managed to find him first. I'll trust you with this. Just keep your head down," said Aiko. Fluttershy suddenly raised her hand.

"Wh-" Aiko stuttered, looking at the rose haired girl, who had a firm look on her face.

"Fluttershy, put your hand down!" Posey exclaimed.

"I'd like to volunteer," said Fluttershy, ignoring her mother.

"Heh. Yeah, very funny Flutters." Rainbow nervously chuckled.

"I'm serious. I want to help," said Fluttershy. Posey made her way over and pulled her daughter aside.

"What are you thinking?!" Posey whispered.

"Mother, please! He needs our help!" Fluttershy whispered back.

"Do you realize how dangerous that could be? Let them handle this," said Posey.

"Mom, I've faced a lot of danger the last couple of weeks. Please, just let me do this," said Fluttershy, pleadingly. Posey grimaced, as her daughter begged. Sunset suddenly stepped over to the two.

"I-I'll keep an eye on her. I promise, we'll be extra stealthy," said Sunset, a weak smile on her face. Posey sighed.

"You better be careful," said Posey, forcing a warning glare at her daughter. Fluttershy replied with a nod.


Junior found himself standing on the outside of a door. He took a breath before standing up straight. He proceeded to knock on the door.

"Come in." Malicia's voice called out. Junior gulped before opening the door. He hadn't felt this kind of nervousness around the woman since the first day he met her. After she had mauled Endurous like a blood thirsty carnivore. He mustered up a lot of guts to visit her in her study.

Junior entered the room, finding the empress to be lunging on a red sofa. Her legs dangled off the side of the arm rest, her heals resting on the ground and exposed the soles of her feet. She greeted the boy with her usual warm smile, though Junior felt unease. He still couldn't tell if this was a genuine look she's given him.

"Good afternoon. I wasn't expecting to see you so soon after the games," said Malicia, setting the tome she was reading at the side of the table. Junior made his way over, clearing his throat.

"I actually wanted to talk to you," said Junior, his tone reserved and almost soft. He felt like a docile dog trying to not upset a much larger one. Never had he felt this way. He was usually the larger dog.

"Have a seat, dear. You must be exhausted," said Malicia, before sitting up, tucking her legs in to herself. Junior reluctantly took a seat, his eyes staring at the ground. His heart jumped as the woman's feet found themselves resting on his lap.

"Don't mind me," said Malicia, coyly. Junior gave an uneasy smile, sitting up straight.

"Listen... About the deal that we made... I wanted to know more about how this curse works," said Junior. Malicia frowned.

"Foo. I was hoping you came here to talk about something else," said Malicia, mildly disappointed.

"I just wanna have all of the information I need. Like, what were to happen if I were to uh... Let's say hypothetically that I uh... Wanted to back out. What would happen?" asked Junior, smiling nervously. His blood ran cold as the woman met him with familiar cold eyes. An unamused look plastered on her face.

"That depends."

"On what?" asked Junior. He felt like that he was digging his own grave by continuing this conversation. He couldn't put down the metaphorical shovel now.

"In this hypothetical situation, I would of course be quite upset if you were to hypothetically just waltz out of the citadel and out of the city, never to return. I would hypothetically have to force you to remain here and punish you. Hypothetically, of course," said Malicia, speaking nonchalant.

"Hehe. A-And what kind of punishment would you have in mind?" asked Junior.

"Normally, in such a hypothetical situation, I would have to kill those who thought they could break our pact. Make an example of them," said Malicia, her hand clenched into a fist, resulting in the sound of popping bones. Junior resisted the urge to flinch at this.

"But... Since I've grown quite fond of you, I wouldn't. But, I would have to show you the consequences. Perhaps I would just claim victory and force you to serve me by default. But I don't like to be forceful. I think a healthy relationship involves consent," said Malicia, sweetly. Her expression then darkened.

"Perhaps instead, I'd just have the friends you've made in the games executed. You'd have the honor of a front row seat, as their heads roll," said Malicia, her tone frigid and lacking any warmth she's had. Junior grew pale, staring into her eyes. He wanted to look away, but couldn't. The hypnotic stare kept him in place, forcing him to see that she wasn't all talk. Truthfully, Junior could see her doing such a thing. Malicia suddenly gave him a sweet smile, as her eyes softened.

"But, of course, that's only hypothetical!" said Malicia. Junior gulped.

"Tell me, dear. Why do you ask me?"

"I-It's just... Well, I thought that maybe we could... I don't know. Perhaps you could show me some leniency and let me back out?" asked Junior. Malicia held a stoic look.

"L-Look, it's not like that I'm ungrateful for all that you've done. I mean, I never expected you to treat me so decently. I don't want to disrespect you. B-But I guess now I already have, considering what you've said," said Junior, looking away. Malicia sighed.

"You're frustratingly sweet. But, a deal is a deal. I don't understand why you'd want to back out now. You'd still have to fulfill your contractual obligations. Isn't that why you took it with me to begin with?" Malicia raised a brow. Junior said nothing.

Looking at the boy, Malicia could tell that Junior was hiding something. What, she couldn't say for sure. But, for some reason, he was now adamant about continuing on with this wager they had. Something had changed.

"Come on. Can't we work something out?" asked Junior, pleadingly. Malicia felt her lip twitch, threatening to curl up. But, she kept her expression stoic. At least for a few seconds. She instead held a thoughtful look.

"Well, since it is you, I believe that we can work something out," said Malicia as she brought her foot more over Junior's lap. A seductive look was on her face as she pressed her foot down. Junior grunted, hunching a bit as his face turned beat red.

"Your performance today has... roused up something for me. For a while, I've been looking for someone like you," said Malicia.

"Wh-What do you mean?" Junior trembled, his blush growing.

"As Empress. I need successors. But, they have to be from my bloodline, to carry on the crown. I could easily have suitors, but the men in Lur are... Well, juvenile. They're not Men. They fuck like no one's business, draining their masculine energy for sterility," said Malicia, curling her toes.

"I could find suitors among the many warriors under my command. However, I wish to keep the blood of Titans from degrading in my descendants. For the good of my nation. That's why..." Malicia licked her lips. A three pronged tongue slithered from her mouth. Junior felt immediately turned off by this. In fact, it creeped him out.

"I want you to plant your seed in me. I want to bear your child."

"B-But we're not the same. If you're looking for purity, then I can't help you," said Junior, forcing Malicia's foot away.

"True. But when two different variants of Demi-Titan conceive a child, there's a fifty percent chance of the child becoming more like one parent or the other. It matters not which us the child would turn out like. You've already proven yourself as worthy suitor in the arena," said Malicia, beginning to remove her crown.

"If you do this, then not only will I cancel our wager, I'll also lift the curse, and I'll make sure that you get out of the contract. You'll be free to go about your way," said Malicia.

"Wait, you're telling me that if I get you pregnant, then I'm free to go? No strings attached?" asked Junior, his eyes wide in disbelief.

"No strings attached," said Malicia with a giggle. She began to undress herself, standing in only her lacy under garments. Junior found his eyes drawn to her voluptuous curves. Her feminine form, which contradicted the amount of food that he's seen her consume. Her long black hair hung over her bare faire skin. Junior gulped as he eyed every inch of her.

"Well? Would you say that's fair? I promise to make it worth your while," said Malicia. She suddenly pounced on the boy, pinning him to his back. Her eyes glazed over as she grinded her pelvis against his own. She began to lean close and caressed his face.

"I know you want to. I can see it in your eyes. To feel the touch of a woman," said Malicia as she began to kiss Junior's neck. The boy felt his spine tingle, and his hairs stand on end from the gentle, warm pecks. His mind began to blank, as he began to feel the beginning of sexual pleasure.

It was simple. All Junior had to do was give her what she wanted. That way, he can leave. Having sex with a highly attractive woman was just a bonus. Junior closed his eyes as felt Malicia beginning to undo his pants.

"Just let me worry about the child..." malicia whispered. Junior's eyes shot open.

"No. No! Get off of me!" Junior cried, pushing Malicia off. The woman sat back with a look of bewilderment.

"Wh-what in blazes is the matter with you?" demanded Malicia. Junior stood up and began to fix his pants.

"You said that you wanted a Man as your suitor. But what kind of man offloads his responsibility, his child, onto someone else?" asked Junior, narrowing his eyes. Malicia scoffed.

"Then stay and be in the child's life for all I care. It doesn't matter to me," said Malicia in annoyance.

"It do- Are you kidding?!" exclaimed Junior.

"Wha-" Malicia recoiled.

"Don't you care about the upbringing of the child? Why are you so comfortable with the idea of its father being absent?!" cried Junior. Malicia gave a sympathetic smile.

"You're projecting your own trauma on this," said Malicia. Junior sent her a glare.

"Is that all you have to say? I knew it," said Junior, clenching his fists. Malicia narrowed her eyes and stood to her feet.

"Knew what?"

"At first, I thought that maybe we actually might have been similar. But I started to realize what I saw was a façade. You don't care about anyone," said Junior.

"Well, you aren't wrong. I don't care much for many people. I've realized that affection for others is an illusion." Malicia's tone shifted back to a cold one. Her eyes matched.

"If that's the case, then be honest with me. What do you think of me? Do you see me as a son? A friend? Which is it? Or do you even actually care about me as a person?" demanded Junior. Malicia grunted, hardening her expression.

"You want the truth? Very well. You disgust me." Malicia spat, with disdain in her tone. Junior didn't react. He kept his glare.

"You have great power inside you, yet you accept your lot in life and mope like a beaten dog. It's pathetic!" said Malicia.

"So that makes you better than me? Because you use your power to conquer nations? Wage war? Enslave innocents?!" demanded Junior.

"That's another thing I despise about you, Gojira. You're so naïve. Those with power, make the rules. It's on those with the power to keep the beasts on the farm in line. The chicken that doesn't produce gets the axe," said Malicia. Junior's expression contorted into disgust. The Empress clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Don't you look at me with that face, you ignorant boy! You've seen this city! You've seen the land! If I didn't do the things I did, these people would be dead! They're in a constant state of infantilism! Pacified so long as they have their orgy houses, their blood sport, their food, and their useless shiny trinkets!" said Malicia, her eyes burning with hate. But, Junior could see that hate wasn't directed at him.

"Truthfully, I sometimes think about letting this empire implode on itself. I think about disappearing and letting it crumble."

"Then why? Why do you run it? Why wage these wars if you hate them so much?" asked Junior.

"Because before this empire falls, and fall it will, I intend to bring down another empire that'd just take its place," said Malicia.

"You mean the Sacramentonians? I don't understand. They're nowhere near as bad as this place," said Junior.

"On the surface, yes. But with a keen eye, you can see the symptoms of a deeper infection. The Sacramentonians have cut themselves off from the natural world. They live in cold dead cities, offloading their responsibilities for ease and comfort. With no struggle against the forces of nature to grow, they become weak. Their sights are set on things. They may not be as degenerative as the Dogomites, but they will one day. It is inevitable," said Malicia, gazing at the mounted head of the rex in the room.

"If you really believe this crap, then why do you enable the Dogomites? You're the closest thing to God to these people," said Junior.

"It's too late. Their fate is sealed. The empire will collapse. My territories will fracture into smaller independent states that will fight for stability. Some will even seek to dominate the others. Such is the folly of man," said Malicia.

"So you'll just bring down other nations with yours before that?" questioned Junior.

"I intend to do more than that," said Malicia as she turned to a stone carving on the wall, depicting what looked like a Skull Crawler.

"You see, Gojira. Man has begun to consume more than he produces. Such a life cannot sustain him. One day, man will soon fight to consume what little will be left. When that runs out, man will perish. Tribes and empires will no longer matter. Man will fight man until he is no more," said Malicia. She turned to face Junior.

"I've come to learn that mankind must be managed. But, an old approach will be necessary," said Malicia. The boy raised a brow.

"An old approach? What the hell are you talking about?" asked Junior.

"I've come to the conclusion that civilization will be man's downfall. It brings weakness, suffering, disease, and war. It is all a viscous cycle with only one end in sight. The Demi-Titans are revered as guardians. We have an ancient role instilled in all of us. I will fulfill my purpose as one," said Malicia. Junior narrowed his eyes.

"What are you planning to do? What's your endgame?" asked Junior. Malicia looked at him coldly.

"I intend to end the cycle. Once and for all," said Malicia.

"End the cycle? The fuck is that supposed to mean?" asked Junior.

"Perhaps, you'll be around to see it happen," said Malicia. Junior glared at her.

"So what happens now?" asked Junior. Malicia began to pick up her gown and dressed herself.

"Since you won't grant me a successor, then we have no choice but to revert back to our old wager. You take a human life, you serve me," said Malicia. She turned to the boy with disdain.

"You're weak. You are nothing but a scared, helpless child. And I plan on reminding you of that everyday," said Malicia. She then turned away and waved her hand.

"Now get out of my sight," said Malicia. Junior turned and made his way to the door. He opened it and stood in the doorway.

"You know, I really hoped that you'd be the one who'd understand me. But, I guess it was my mistake for forgetting that you were a monster," said Junior, before slamming the door. Malicia stared at the burning fire place. Her eyes cold. Her fists clenched.




Later that evening, Fluttershy and Sunset found themselves walking through the streets of Lur. They stood close together, as to not get separated due to the crowding.

"Almost there, Fluttershy," said Sunset.

"Good." Fluttershy panted, squeezing through the crowd. The two made their way to a wider area, out to a clearing away from the narrow streets. They found the Colosseum ahead.

"OK, Battra and Inoue should be nearby observing the facility. We just need to go inside and investigate," said Sunset, as she and Fluttershy made their way to the dungeon. However, they found that a couple of guards were standing in front of the front door.

"Damn. We can cloak, but we can't go through walls," said Sunset, frowning.

"Last time, the door was wide open and we just slipped in," said Fluttershy. It seemed that this reconnaissance mission was a bust.

"Hmm. Maybe there's another way we can get in," said Sunset, rubbing her chin. Fluttershy tilted her head.

"Oh?"

"Follow my lead!" Sunset took Fluttershy's hand and led her over to the front entrance. Fluttershy had to steel herself as to not protest. These guards were not a friendly looking bunch. Not to mention, they were walking straight up to the front door of the place that they're supposed to be infiltrating. Just what was Sunset planning?

"Good evening, men!" Sunset greeted. The guards held the spears firmly as they focused on the girls.

"Do you have a moment? You see, we just saw today's games and we were in awe! We were hoping that you'd allow us in to meet the gladiators," said Sunset.

"No visitors are allowed. This facility is a dungeon for particular gladiators. Mainly prisoners," said one of the guards, sternly. Fluttershy gulped, nervously.

"Please vacate the premises."

"Ah well, that's a shame. We were really hoping to meet one particular gladiator. That Gojira fellow," said Sunset, her tone filled with disappointment. She noticed one of the guards raise his brow.

"You see, my sister here has a bit of a crush on him. So, she was hoping to meet him." Sunset brought Fluttershy over. The timid girl stiffened, as her face reddened.

"Isn't that right?"

"W-Well, I... Y-Yes... He's a dreamboat." Fluttershy shyly rubbed her arm. Sunset suppressed the need to snort, keeping a straight face. The two guards glanced at each other.

"Well, you won't find him here. He's not a prisoner. Word around here is that he's a guest of her Majesty," said a guard. Fluttershy and Sunset were taken by surprise.

"Really?" asked Sunset.

"Indeed. He never stays here. He's even sponsored by Empress Malicia herself. You may find him in the citadel," said the guard, pointing to a lone structure that stood in the center of the city. Sunset softly gasped. The sight of the structure stirred up memories. She remembered seeing such a structure, with a tail spire at the top, reaching the moon above. She felt her anxiety beginning to shoot.

"But, if it's him that you're looking for, perhaps I can help you young ladies," said the guard with a suave tone.

"We're on duty, fool," said the second guard.

"Ah they're not going anywhere. Besides, I won't be long," said the first guard.

"Follow me. I'm sure he'd appreciate your company," said the guard with a chuckle The three began to leave. Sunset glanced over at Fluttershy, an amused look on her face.

"Dreamboat, huh?" whispered Sunset. Fluttershy blushed furiously.

Meanwhile, just some distance away, Battra and Inoue stood by a building. Their sights were on the girls, as they were led away from the dungeon.

"Wait, where are they going?" asked Inoue in confusion. Battra narrowed his eyes.

"Damn. Come on, we need to keep our eyes on them."



Sunset and Fluttershy followed the guard deeper into the city. Around here, it was less crowded and appeared cleaner at the center. However, the faint stench lingered still in the air. The guard led the two to the citadel's gates. The girls took in the sight of the imposing structure. Their necks craned back. Sunset felt weak in her knees as she began to recall a reoccurring nightmare. That only worsened as she found the shapes of spiders being engraved onto the surface of the gate.

The guard that had escorted the girls was conversing with another, who was posted here at the gates. The other guard he spoke with had a mild annoyed look.

"You have a lot of gall to just waltz over and bring uninvited peasants here," said the second guard.

"Come on, you gotta let them in. This one here is smitten with her majesty's guest,"

"And why should I care?" deadpanned the second guard.

"Come now. Who are we to deprive a man of renowned strength the company of a delicate flower as her? It's about love! I'm just it's errand boy!" said the first guard, gesturing to a bashful Fluttershy. The second guard gagged as he rolled his eyes.

"Very well. Just keep an eye on them," said the second guard. He motioned for the gates to be opened. The girls were allowed to walk inside, finding several guards to be roaming about in the court yard. It was here that they noticed more fertile soil, filled with plant life. They passed the garden and entered the grand structure.

'So far, so good.' Sunset thought. She and Fluttershy found themselves gawking at the architecture from within. The endless halls that echoed with their footsteps. After ascending the stairs, the girls were led to a wing of the citadel, which bore floors coated in rugs.

The guard stopped at one particular door. After knocking, the door opened moments later. Junior was revealed, standing shirtless in the doorway. His eyes slightly widened as he took notice of Fluttershy and Sunset.

"C-Can I help you?" asked Junior.

"I ran into a couple of your fans. Thought I'd send them your way as thanks for making me a rich man. I've placed a lot of bets on you," said the guard as he left. Junior stepped aside, allowing the girls to enter. He briefly looked both ways in the hall before closing the door. As he turned, he suddenly found himself wrapped into a tight embrace by the two.

"Thank God, you're alright!" Sunset cried. Junior smiled as he returned their hug.

"Likewise."

The three released each other. Fluttershy was wiping her tear filled eyes, while Sunset had an incredulous look.

"What the hell are you doing here? We thought you were locked up in some dungeon somewhere."

"Long story short, turns out the guy that attacked us was sent by Malicia."

"The Empress?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yep. Turns out, she wanted to meet me or something," said Junior, awkwardly scratching his head. The girls sent him confused looks.

"Meet you? Huh?" Fluttershy cocked a brow.

"W-Well... How do I put this?" Junior looked away.

"At first I thought we were gonna mutually benefit each other, which involved me joining the gladiatorial games. But now..."

"I-I don't understand. Are you being held prisoner or not?" Sunset grew more confused.

"No. I mean... Not really. Does being under contract for the games for a couple months count as being held prisoner?" asked Junior with a weak smile.

"WHAT?!" The girls exclaimed. Junior winced.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Sunset glared at the boy.

"OK, I didn't know about that detail until recently. But it was a mistake on my part." Junior weakly smiled.

"Why would you join something so horrible? Did they force you?" asked Fluttershy.

"No, I joined out of my own free will." Junior answered.

"Why?" asked Sunset.

"Well... I thought that maybe... I thought I'd learn something from the experience," said Junior, Shrugging.

"Oh, like how many ways that one man can be horribly killed?" Sunset remarked, sarcastically.

"No I-" Junior groaned in frustration.

"Forget it. How did you find me, anyway?" asked Junior

"Now that's a long story. But you can thank the Sacramentonians," said Sunset. She then smiled in amusement as she noticed the boy's new look. His hair was much shorter now, and a mark was on his face.

"We don't see you for several days and you get yourself a tattoo? Couldn't you have gotten something less tacky? You trying to do a Tyson impression?" Sunset laughed. Junior held a hand to the side of his face, forcing a laugh.

"Honestly. I wonder what your mom's gonna say. Oh! Good news!" Sunset grinned from ear to ear.

"W-What?"

"We ran into your family and the Guardians! Turns out that MONARCH sent a team to rescue us! We can go home now!" Said Fluttershy. Junior felt a smile grow on his face. This might have been the best news he's heard in a while. Hell, he was even happy to hear the name, MONARCH. But as the news began to sink in, his smile faded.

"If we go now, we can meet with everyone and return home!" said Fluttershy, taking Junior's hand. But, the boy gently pulled away, a frown on his face.

"Goji?" Sunset called.

"I... I can't." Junior sighed.

"Sure you can! You're not really a prisoner, so you're free to walk outside aren't you? If not, we can sneak-" Sunset fell silent as Junior turned to walk away. He stood by a wall, swallowing the lump in his throat. He couldn't just leave. Not now.

"I made a deal with her. I have to stay for a couple more games," said Junior.

"What? Why?" asked Sunset.

"It was the only way that I could push through my contract. She said that I could leave early if I won. I was desperate!" Said Junior, gritting his teeth.

"H-Hey..." Sunset placed a hand on his shoulder. Her empath ability kicked in. She felt fear and regret. She retracted her hand, panting.

"Gojira..."

"She put a curse on me. She said it was supposed to register if I lost the wager. But if I were to try and back out, she'd make me suffer for it" said Junior, holding a hand over the side of his face. Fluttershy gasped, her eyes wide.

"What were the terms?" asked Sunset, hesitation in her tone.

"I had to complete the next few games without taking a human life. God, what was I thinking? These people are just so obsessed with the carnage. They hated that I never took a human life," said Junior.

"What happens if you lose?" asked Fluttershy.

"I have to stay here for the rest of my life," said Junior.

"Wh-Why?! What would she want with you to begin with?!" demanded Fluttershy. Junior's eyes were downcast.

"She's a mutant." Junior spoke. Sunset and Fluttershy bore looks of shock.

"She sees me as a valuable asset to her," said Junior, not wanting to go further into detail. Just recalling it made his heart ache.

"There has to be one way for you to back out! Anything!" cried Fluttershy. Junior gulped.

"There is one way," said Junior.

"Well? Spit it out!" said Sunset, feeling hope grow.

"She wants me to give her a successor," said Junior, not facing the girls. It took a moment for them to register what he meant.

"Y-You mean... You have to..." Fluttershy cupped her mouth.

"If I do that, then she said that I can leave now. No strings attached," said Junior.

"W-Well, are you gonna do it?" asked Sunset. Junior and Fluttershy turned to the girl, surprised. They didn't expect her to speak as though it was an option on the table.

"Sunset, I can't do that." said Junior, narrowing his eyes. Sunset shrunk back. The look of anger in his eyes had caused her to back away.

"B-But..."

"How fucking dare you even think that was an option!" barked Junior. Sunset flinched at his fury.

"Do you think I could live with myself if I left my own kid to that- THAT DEMON?!" Junior yelled, his face growing red. Sunset hid, gritting her teeth.

"Gojira... I'm sorry I just-" Sunset's eyes welled up with tears. Junior's expression lost its anger, quickly softening.

"Gojira, calm down!" cried Fluttershy. The boy let out a breath, a deep frown on his face, as Sunset wept.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to..." Junior made his way to his bed and sat down, his eyes downcast.

"I can't do that. It's just the easy way out. I won't do what my father did to me," said Junior, speaking softly. He sighed. "I just have to get through the last couple of games and win the wager. Then, we're getting the fuck out of this world."

"Gojira, I'm afraid that if we leave you...." Sunset muttered. Fluttershy placed a hand on her shoulder with a look of reassurance. She then made her way to Junior's side. She knelt down beside him and took his hand, holding it firmly.

"We'll be waiting for you, Gojira. I believe in you," said Fluttershy, a firm look on her face. Junior softly smiled at her. Her confidence and words brought some reassurance in the boy. He couldn't despair now. Not when he had his friends depending on him to get them home.

"We have to get going. The others will be worried," said Fluttershy, though regret was in her tone. Junior began to lead her and Sunset out of his room. The red haired girl still sniffled, reluctant to leave. She stopped and turned to give Junior a tight hug. She bit her lip, as her tears ran down her face. The nightmares she had just kept replaying in her mind. Junior wrapped his arms around her, patting her back.

"I won't lose, Red," said Junior. Sunset released him and nodded, wiping her eyes.

"You better not," muttered Sunset. She began to walk out, while Fluttershy stood. She gulped, as she was about to continue on, she felt her cheeks flare up. She looked at Junior intensely. The boy bore a confused look.

"What's wro-" Junior was interrupted as Fluttershy stood on her toes and grabbed the boy by his head. She pulled him close and planted a short but loud smooch on his cheek. Fluttershy released him, appearing flustered. Junior was wide eyed, his face having grown beat red. The feeling of her soft lips pressing against his skin was etched into his mind.

"F-For good luck!" said Fluttershy, before running to join Sunset. Junior felt a hand to his cheek, his heart racing. He softly chuckled, before giving the girl a thumbs up.

"I'm feeling luckier already," said Junior, humor in his tone, though he mentally scolded himself for making such a dumb response. It was so cheesy. He hadn't done something that embarrassing since he had a crush on Sunset, but the rose haired girl smiled bashfully. She waved to him before leaving. Sunset sniffled, appearing amused as she walked along her side.

"When did you get so bold?"