• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 1,569 Views, 73 Comments

Shy and Aggressive: Book 2 - Johng117



After thwarting a horde of malevolent mutations, The Main 7, The Dazzlings and Mutant 4 find themselves marooned onto a foreign world.

  • ...
6
 73
 1,569

Chapter 20: Hello, Alone

The air was dry and hot. The sun hung high above, beaming down its merciless rays down upon the remaining Purists: Scar, Alexandra, Stinger, Dreadnought and Adrian.

The group continued on through the dangerous jungle. They had spent their entire journey, moving through the intense heat with no water to drink and no time to rest. They dreaded stopping, should some other prehistoric beast that could be lurking in these jungles swoop in and eat them alive.

"Ah hell," said Adrian. The group soon reached a clearing of the jungle. It suddenly just ended but beyond the green grassy and tree filled region, laid a grey sandy desolate wasteland. A road covered in hoof prints and wheel tracks lied in the wasteland. The wind howled as it blew the sand. It was like a bizarre border that they stood at, marked off by only the hot dead sand stones that lied beyond this luscious jungle.

"We're fucked," said Alexandra.

"We could always go back to the jungle. There could be a river running that we can-" Dreadnought was interrupted by a scoff.

"You wanna go back? Yeah, I rather not get eaten by dinosaurs!" said Alexandra.

"At least there's stuff to kill for food! There might not be anything out here for miles!" said Dreadnought, pointing to the wasteland.

"You're voices are aggravating," said Stinger in annoyance, Dreadnought and Alexandra turned to glare at him.

"Hey!" shouted Alexandra.

"And I thought you were annoying when you were quiet!" growled Dreadnought. He shoved Stinger.

"You lookin' for a fight, tough guy?" asked Dreadnought.

"You'll lose," said Stinger with a smirk. Dreadnought chuckled as his brow twitched in annoyance.

The two suddenly grabbed each other by the collar and raised their fists.

"ENOUGH!" shouted Scar. Everyone turned their attention to the older man.

"Keep it to-fucking-gether, alright?! We can't afford to fight amongst ourselves here!" said Scar. Adrian sighed in relief. She was glad that someone was around still rational to keep things in order.

"Now, we know where we've been. But we don't know what's beyond. I suggest we go back, find water and food, and set up a shelter. We shouldn't expect help anytime soon," said Scar.

"Fuck, so we're gonna die out here?" asked Alexandra.

"Halt!" an authoritative voice shouted. The group turned with a start. They found themselves surrounded by a few armored men. Their armor was a dark color, with jagged shoulder pieces and narrow slits on their helmets that exposed their eyes. They were armed with steel swords that reflected the sunlight.

"Did we just walk in on LARPERS?" asked Alexandra.

"Shut up!" hissed Adrian.

"By order of her majesty, you are under arrest for trespassing on Dogomite territory!" said one of the soldiers.

"Trespassing?" asked Scar in confusion.

"Her majesty?" asked Dreadnought.

"Haha. Very funny guys. Look, we're just gonna on our way. We want nothing to do with your uh... weird kinky session," said Alexandra, eyeing the men. She was about to walk off, but noticed a soldier in her path, drawing out his own sword. Alexandra stumbled back with a nervous laugh.

"Guys, come on. We don't have to-" Alexandra fell silent as a guard drew out shackles. The woman went pale.

"I can't go back to jail!" exclaimed Alexandra.

"Fuck this!" Dreadnought suddenly raised his prosthetic arm, as it switched to its gun mode. He fired at the first soldier that came up to him. The soldier was blown off his feet and laid on the ground, bleeding as his breast plate bore a deep indent and a hole. The Purists suddenly all aimed their weapons at the soldiers and fired off at them. The soldiers were shot down by the Purists' superior weaponry. Lead bullets piercing through their full body armor.

"Let's get moving!" said Scar. As he was about to lead on, a dark spark crashed down into his back, knocking him down to the ground.

"What the-" Dreadnought turned, but was met with a similar spark from the air. The remaining Purists looked up to find similar soldiers high in the air, riding on the backs of pasty pterodactyls. The creatures shrieked, while the soldiers' hands began to glow an eerie dark glow. They were struck down by the dark magic that they cast from their palms. The Purists lied on the ground in pain, as the flying reptiles descended over them. They were suddenly snatched up by their talons and carried off to the desolate land.


It was the late afternoon. The sky was turning a shade of orange, as the sun was beginning to set to set. Aria, Fluttershy and Sonata were sitting around in the Iwi village in silence. They bore looks of worry as they sat around by a hut in silence.

"Maybe we should've gone with them after all," said Sonata. Aria nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. I didn't realize they'd be gone for this long," said Aria. She suddenly took notice of a couple of Iwi sprinting by. Fluttershy sighed, worried for the wellbeing of her friends. She too regretted not joining. But then, the girls looked around in confusion, finding that more and more Iwi were running by.

"Hey, what's going on?" asked Aria in confusion.

"The Guardians have returned!" said a teenage Iwi, pointing to the gates of the wall. The girls' expressions suddenly lit up. The three scrambled to their feet and followed the crowd. As they reached the gates, they found that the gate opened, revealing Angirasu in his beast form, moving into the village. They were followed by the rest of the Main 7.

"Girls!" cried Fluttershy rushing to her friends. The Main 7 suddenly embraced each other in a tight warm hug. Fluttershy sniffled as she held them tightly, not wanting to let go lest she lose them again.

"I was so worried!" cried Fluttershy.

"Glad to see you, Flutters," said Rainbow, her tone sad, contrasting her smile. Fluttershy gasped in alarm as she found Mosura and Rodan were carrying Dwan and Adagio into the village.

"Adagio!" cried Sonata and Aria in unison. They rushed to their sister in a panic.

"Help us get them to the healer! Something's wrong!" said Mosura.

"Oh God, not again!" whimpered Sonata, as the sisters helped the mutants carry the unconscious girls away. Fluttershy stared with a grimace. But then, she noticed the roar of engines. She recoiled as tan Humvees rolled in, followed by transport trucks. The Iwi scrambled back in shock at these seeming metallic beasts that were brought in. Ann stared wide eyed, while Kong hardened his expression. The vehicles parked, allowing the MONARCH soldiers to hop out. From the Humvees, familiar faces emerged.

"Mother!" cried Fluttershy, seeing Posey exit one of the Humvees. Her mother quickly bolted from the vehicle and embraced her daughter into a tight, warm hug. She was sobbing joyfully as she caressed Fluttershy's rose hair covered head. The girl lightly wept, nuzzling her mother's shoulder. The woman she feared that she'd never see again was actually here with her. As Fluttershy pulled away, she gasped as a grin appeared on her face.

"Goji!" cried Fluttershy, running up and embracing the large figure.

"Uh... Flutters. That's not..." Rainbow weakly smiled. Fluttershy looked up and found that she was actually hugging Gojira Senior. The man had an awkward look on his face. The girl's face became beat red.

"M-Mr. Takeshi! I'm so sorry!" exclaimed Fluttershy, stumbling back. She noticed that Miwa was next to him, a small amused look on her face. It was here that Fluttershy realized something.

"Wait... Where's..." Fluttershy felt a hand on her shoulder. She found her mother looking at her sadly. The girl felt her heart sink as she noticed the solemn looks of the Takeshi family, minus one.

"No..." Fluttershy whimpered.

Later, the platoon of soldiers had set up camp within the walls of the village. However, they were away from where the natives' huts stood. They were gathered around tents that they had set up some moments ago. The Iwi eyed these strangers from the distance, filled with a sense of wariness.

Fluttershy found herself at the healers tent, helping Sonata, Mosura and Aria carry Adagio and Dwan over to a large tub, filled with hot water. The Healer was pouring crushed powdered herbs into the steaming hot water. She took a long and large stick and began to stir the water around, turning it into a murky green shade. The girls began to carefully set Adagio and Dwan into the water. The two stared dead eyed, shuddering as the water began to soak into their skin. Their naked bodies remained submerged, while the Healer scooped up the water and washed it over their heads.

"So, this is gonna work?" asked Aria, hopeful. The Healer merely nodded.

"You said a tree did this to them?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yeah. It was moving. When we pulled them out of there, they were coated in this sticky sap," said Mosura. She was then handed a small bowl, filled with a similar liquid. She glanced at the Healer, who had a stoic look on her face.

"I'm good," said Mosura with a grimace. She was pretty sure that this woman had just scooped up the bath water.

"You probably should drink it," said Ann, walking into the camp. The girls looked her way.

"After all, you touched them when they were covered in the sap, right? That stuff will make you start seeing some stuff," said Ann. Mosura grimaced as she eyed the bowl. She quickly took the bowl and gulped it down. She gagged in disgust and began to cough. The Healer bore a satisfied look, before scooping up more water.

"Don't tell anyone I did that," pleaded Mosura.

"Good thing Adagio's not exactly responsive right now," said Aria, eyeing her sister. Though she immediately regretted that thought. After all, she couldn't stand what she's been through in this world. How she hoped they'll get home soon.

"You may want to give some to Rodan. He touched them too, right?" asked Ann. Mosura sighed.

"I'm sure he wouldn't be against the idea of drinking a girl's bathwater," deadpanned Mosura, taking the bowl before leaving the tent.

"Ugh..." Adagio suddenly groaned.

"Sis!" exclaimed Aria, turning to her sister. She noticed that Adagio seemed to be coming around. Her eyes lazily looked around, and her breathing was less labored.

"Tree... Alone..." Adagio muttered.

"You're OK, sis. You're back at the Iwi village," said Aria with a reassuring smile. Adagio lazily looked over, finding Dwan slumped over still unresponsive.

"Huh. This is surprisingly kinda hot," muttered Adagio.

"Same ol' Dagi," said Sonata, a small smile on her face.

Fluttershy had left the Healer's tent. She frowned as she walked off, finding the rest of the Main 7 to be sitting around a fire. Fluttershy sighed as she took a seat.

"I can't believe that we're one step at returning home. It feels unreal," said Rarity.

"Yeah, but we lost Goji," said Pinkie, sadly.

"What now?" asked Rarity. Rainbow scoffed.

"We go out and look for him!"

"But he..." Pinkie whimpered.

"No, I agree. I don't believe he's gone. Until I see a body, I won't give up," said Sunset.

"Amen, Sunny. We gotta find him. He did the same for us," said Applejack. The girls gave verbal agreements. Twilight solemn expression began to light up into a determined one.

"You're absolutely right!" said Twilight, standing up.

"Maybe... Maybe we can ask the Sacramentonians for help. After all, thanks to Dash and AJ, we're friends to them. They might help. And we were near their country when we separated. So he could've been seen!" said Twilight. Fluttershy smiled as she found her friends determined to find Junior. The fact that they were willing to put off returning home to find the boy told her that he was blessed to have loving friends.

Meanwhile, Angirasu stood in silence alone. He looked upon the village and the neighboring camp site of the soldiers. He let out a heavy sigh, as he saw Aiko giving out orders to the lower ranking members of the platoon.

"You seem more troubled than I am," said Kong, approaching the boy. He stood at his side, gazing at the two camps.

"I can't help it," said Angirasu.

"Should I be concerned?" asked Kong.

"Not over these guys. They just came here for my friends and... Me," said Angirasu.

"I was hoping to leave that world behind me. But it came here. To bring me back," said Angirasu, his brows furrowing.

"And I just heard from Mosura's brother that some Purists came here from our world. I hate to think what kind of damage they'd do, if they were to survive out here," said Angirasu clenching his fists.

"The one place where mutants... 'Demi-Titans', like us can belong could be ruined," said Angirasu.

"I don't believe that's possible," said Kong.

"You don't think so? Right now, they could be trying to spread their nonsense philosophy of our kind being dangerous monsters that need to be suppressed, if not destroyed. MONARCH's presence doesn't help since they enforce it," said Angirasu bitterly. Kong hummed.

"I still don't think it's possible. The world honors the demi-Titan, no matter where you go. They represent to some as the embodiment of man and the forces of nature unified. They're heroes, villains, gods, or demons. The views of our kind are not limited to one idea. Even if these Purists were to insert their views, they'd just be one of many interpretations," said Kong. He then looked to the village.

"But, the presence of strangers may already be causing disruption," said Kong, pointing ahead. Angirasu looked and found that there was a group of Iwi together, some armed with spears.

"The Iwi are a perceptive people. Your stories about this 'MONARCH' are known to them now. And them being able to catch onto your woes of them has them worried as well," said Kong.

"Why?" asked Angirasu.

"Because they too know what it's like to be oppressed," said Kong.

"They were..." Angirasu looked at the man in confusion.

Meanwhile, just in the village, Battra was sitting next to Mosura and Rodan. The three were in the process of eating during this.

"You would not believe the stuff we've seen. Dinosaurs and weird animals everywhere you look. And I think it's just the tip of the iceberg," said Mosura.

"You got that right. We actually ran into three massive spiders with long spindly legs," said Battra.

"Shut up," said Mosura, wide eyed.

"Dead serious. They towered over the trees. They had claws and had an orifice that could swallow someone whole," said. Battra, emphasizing the size of the horrible arachnids he witnessed. Mosura held her shoulders with a shudder.

"Oh God, I'm just getting goosebumps thinking about it," said Mosura.

"Hey, Yasu," called Nakada, followed by Ford, and Inoue.

"The Lieutenant wants us to turn in early for tonight," said Nakada.

"But-" Mosura spoke up, but Battra patted her shoulder.

"I'm just going to the camp next door. Don't worry. We'll talk later," said Battra, before standing up.

"Hey!" called a voice. Everyone turned to find a small group of Iwi teenagers to be standing nearby. They had disdainful looks as they stood.

"Get back to your camp, you foreigners! And leave the Guardians be!" said one of the teenagers.

"Hey, what's with the hostility?" asked Nakada in annoyance.

"Our king may have allowed your tribe to come here, but that doesn't mean we have to like you. Be gone from here!" snapped another Iwi.

"Be careful. They might try to lock you in the 'Vault'," said a another teen, mockingly.

"Wait, what?" asked Inoue in confusion.

"Wait what?" a girl mimicked Inoue mockingly. "I thought these people would be much smarter if they come from a world more advanced than ours. But they're dumber than rocks!"

"At least a rock can serve a purpose," said another teenager. The younger soldiers found themselves berated by the Iwi. They stepped back, feeling a sense of danger from the hostility that the natives showed them.

"Whoa, guys! Chill out! They're not doing anything!" interjected Rodan.

"So this is what's like to be in your shoes," said Ford, glancing at Battra. The young mutant slightly nodded.

"Yep," said Battra, as he and the soldiers backed away from the teens. They quickly began to retreat back to the camp, while Rodan and Mosura watched wide eyed. Mosura deeply frowned.


Angirasu found himself carrying over a basket to the Healer's tent. Unbeknownst to him, he was being tailed by his mother, Aiko. The woman took a breath as she hid behind a hut. She felt anxiety. The woman wondered how she should approach her son.

"Should I just come out and say Hi? Maybe I should give it a little longer before..." said Aiko, biting her thumb. She groaned as she pulled at her hair. She scolded herself from hesitating. After all, she went through hell just to find him. How can she cower now when he was just around the corner? With newfound resolve, Aiko took a breath and made her way to the tent. But as she reached it, she heard idle conversation. She stopped and began to listen in.

"Sonata, we've been over this," said Aria, from within the tent.

"I know, but-" Sonata spoke up. Aiko scowled in annoyance. She hated the sound of this brat's voice. Aiko peeped through the tent, finding Angirasu setting down the basket over with the Healer, while Aria and Sonata stood by him.

"Look, I just wanted to see if you're-" Sonata was interrupted as Angirasu suddenly stepped away.

"Clearly I'm fine," said Angirasu, coldly. Aiko was surprised by this. Something about her son seemed unusual. He's normally not this cold. Especially to Sonata.

"But-"

"Look, don't bother me. I want to be left alone," said Angirasu in annoyance. Sonata scoffed with a look of hurt. Aiko snickered. She honestly found it amusing that the girl was getting the short end of the stick. She realized that she must've been a sadist at heart.

"Nice Aang~. Can you bring me some water, please? It's getting a bit toasty in here," said Dwan from the tub with a whine.

"Sure," said Angirasu, nonchalant.

"Hey! You said that you didn't want to be bothered! Did that slut court you?!" demanded Sonata.

"Sonata!" hissed Aria with a glare. Aiko snorted.

'Ah. She's just jealous that he's being nicer to the other girl,' thought Aiko. Though it was a surprise to see how the boy has suddenly changed. But then again, it has been 2 weeks. She wondered what else was different about him. She gasped as she noticed Angirasu making his way over to exit the tent. Aiko stepped away and quickly retreated into the shadows, finding her son walking out. He merely continued on in silence. The woman couldn't help but feel some worry in the back of her mind. Moments later, she noticed Angirasu beginning to return, with a pot of water. She hid again, as Angirasu returned inside of the tent.

"Ugh. How am I gonna get him to be alone?" Aiko muttered to herself, scratching her head in frustration.

Meanwhile, in the tent.

"I hope you two are getting along," said Angirasu as he began to pour water into a small bowl, before handing it to Dwan. The girl reached out, as her bare chest was obscured by the green water.

"Come here, hero! I need to give you a reward for saving me from that tree monster~!" said Dwan. She giggled as water droplets trailed down her skin.

"Dwan, come on. You're in the bath," said Angirasu in dismay.

"You're adorable when you act modest," said Dwan with a smirk. She then leaned back in the tub with a seductive look.

"Hey, you wanna join us? The water feels great," said Dwan. Sonata grunted as her eyes widened.

"No, there's only room for two," said Angirasu.

'Wait, so he'd bathe with them if there were room for 3?!' thought Sonata, grinding her teeth. Aria nervously scooted away from her.

"Hey, whether it's in the bath or shower, the invitation stands," said Dwan teasingly. Adagio scoffed.

"Leave him alone. He's not that kind of guy," deadpanned Adagio.

"Nonsense. Most nice guys are actually quite naughty in the right conditions~," said Dwan.

"Then why do you call him 'Nice Aang'?" deadpanned Adagio.

"Because, don't worry about it! That's why!" said Dwan in annoyance.

"Hey! Hey! No fighting you two. Either way, you're stuck together," said Angirasu.

"You have a point," sighed Adagio.

"Good. I have something I need to take care of. I'll be back later to check on you," said Angirasu as he was about to step away.

"Wait, Aang!" called Adagio. The boy looked her way with a raised brow. She lightly grimaced, finding that Sonata sat in the corner with Aria, appearing sad.

"Can we talk about Sonata later?" whispered Adagio.

"No," said Angirasu in a blunt manner. Adagio winced. Just as the boy turned to leave, she reached out and grabbed his hand. The Dazzling blushed momentarily, realizing how soft his hand was. Unlike Junior, whose hand was rougher. But the girl went pale as she realized the boy was glaring at her, a stern look in his eyes. Adagio quickly released him with a titter. She took a breath, mustering her courage as Angirasu kept his glare on her.

"L-Listen... Don't hold it against Sonata. If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have done what she did. If you want to blame and hate someone, then let it be me," said Adagio, softly. Angirasu was silent for a moment. The boy felt like saying something, but he didn't know what. He instead brushed it off. He then merely turned and walked out of the tent. But as he moved the cover, he found Aiko recoiling.

"What are..." Angirasu took a couple steps back, surprised. Aiko weakly smiled.

"H-Hey. I was looking for you," said Aiko. Angirasu glanced away. He then walked passed her, leaving the tent. The woman felt a light pain in her chest. She cleared her throat as she stepped into the tent, getting a better look at Adagio and the new girl.

"Oh. Here I thought you of all people wouldn't have survived. Too bad," said Aiko. Adagio scowled in response. Dwan looked to Aiko curiously and then thought back to Angirasu. A grin suddenly appeared on her face.

"Oh my God, are you Angirasu's mother?!" exclaimed Dwan. Aiko was taken aback by the sudden outburst.

"Y-Yeah?" answered Aiko.

"Wow! He looks just like you! His hair is kinda cute, but you look really cool!" said Dwan.

"O-Oh?" Aiko lightly blushed. Very few have ever complimented her hair. Something she's always been insecure about ever since she was a child.

"I gotta say, Angirasu's a really sweet guy! I mean, he's so gentle and has shown off a lot of courage in the face of danger. Looking at you, I can tell that it's thanks to your genes in particular," said Dwan.

"W-Well... Thanks..." said Aiko in surprise. She wasn't expecting this sudden interaction. The woman didn't know who this girl was, but she seemed rather sweet.

Adagio on the other hand was utterly confused. She just stared at Dwan, who was gushing rather modestly and innocently. This was suspicious.

"Hey, is your son good with pets, Mrs. Riku?" asked Dwan. Adagio's eyes widened. Aiko bore an odd look. A rather unusual question to ask.

"Don't ask," said Adagio, her voice carrying a warning tone. Aiko ignored her.

"Why do you ask?" asked Aiko. Dwan looked at her with the most sincere smile that Aiko has ever seen.

"Because I want him to play with my pussy!" said Dwan. Aiko went slack jawed, while Adagio face palmed. Sonata cupped her mouth in horror, while Aria cringed. Dwan still kept a straight face, staring straight into Aiko's eyes. Aiko felt like her mind just shorted out like a computer processor. Dwan was so straight faced, blunt, and seemingly sweet that she couldn't formulate a proper response.

"W-Why are you in the tub?" asked Aiko, hoping to change the subject.

"Oh. Some weird old lunatic tossed us into a man eating tree! Honestly, it was like that movie that I was in, only less lewd," said Dwan with a grimace.

"That... Is the strangest explanation I've heard for anything," said Aiko. She then did a double take.

"Wait, you were in a movie?" asked Aiko in surprise.

"It sucked," said Sonata flatly. Dwan sighed in dismay.

"I... I think I'm gonna go. It's getting late," said Aiko, walking off.

"Mrs. Riku, I think you should know something about that guy she's talking about," said Adagio. Aiko looked back with a disinterested look.

"I think he was the guy that you mentioned was responsible for 'Oni Night'," said Adagio. Aiko brows slightly raised. She then scoffed as she turned away.

"You're just trying to get attention. Don't waste my time," said Aiko.

"He was using some weird kind of gas! It made the tree go crazy! He had this crazy look in his blood shot eyes and laughed like a lunatic! I really think it was him!" said Adagio, almost frantic.

"I'm leaving," said Aiko, storming out of the tent. As she stood outside, the woman glanced over her shoulder. What the girl had said was stuck in her mind. She recalled the horrible maniacal laugh from all of those years ago. And those horrific eyes of his.

Aiko noticed that there was a faint rumble of thunder in the air. Aiko looked up, finding that the sky was beginning to darken as clouds began to cover the sky.


Junior's eyes shot wide open. His vision blurred. He heard the sound of crickets in the air and the cry of nocturnal birds. The teen sluggishly got up as cold water washed against him. Junior hissed as his body ached. He looked around as his vision began to clear. It was evening. Junior found himself in an unfamiliar part of the jungle. Though at this point, anything jungle related was unfamiliar to him. The teen looked around, finding himself drenched and his chest and belly covered in mud. He had awakened upon a shore near a calm river that flowed off somewhere.

Junior hissed in pain as he felt a great pain in his back. As he reached for it, he felt a deep gash. He looked to his fingers and found it stained with blood. His memory was starting to come back to him. He remembered how he ended up here. Junior sluggishly stood as he held his back, which barely regenerated. Junior wasn't sure why it was taking this long and hoped it'd seal up soon. This wound was likely bleeding him of too much blood.

"Damn it." Junior staggered away from the river in pain. He found his vision adjusting to the dense and dark forest ahead of him. He looked around one last time, taking in his surroundings. He couldn't find where the water fall that dropped him was. In fact, he couldn't hear any falls, just the calm flow of the river. He began to worry how far he was from the others.

Junior flinched as he heard the shrill cry of an unknown beast. He didn't recognize it, but knew that it may have been better not to cross paths with it. Junior began to walk through the forest, cupping his wound as he remained alert. It was getting cold. He was soaked and was walking in a dark cold forest in the middle of the night. If none of the animals do him in, then the elements might. Junior wasn't confident in his own body heat, considering the circumstances and how weak he felt.

There was the loud roar of thunder in the air. The boy looked up, finding that droplets of water were beginning to fall from the sky. The droplets grew more numerous. In just moments, there was a downpour of rain.

"Shit!" Junior began to search his surroundings. He proceeded to gather wood that was scattered in the area. Once gathered, he began to carry them.

"Gotta find somewhere dry." Junior began to walk. He grunted as he tripped, dropping to his knees. His body ached from the fight as well as the chill in the air. He continued to walk aimlessly in the dark jungle. He found that eyes were staring at him, seemingly glowing in the night. Shadowy creatures scurried along the area, as their eyes stared. Junior panted as he began to pick up his pace

The boy didn't know what kinds of creatures were lurking at this very night. But he didn't want to find out. He ran through the forest, brushing passed bushes and tall grass that reached to his knees. His boots splashed into the now muddy ground.

Junior grunted as he tripped over a root sticking out from a nearby tree, dropping all of the sticks to the ground. He groaned as he painfully raised himself, covered in scratches and dirt. He gathered back up the sticks, as lightning shot and lit up the area.

It seemed that this night was getting worse. Even if he survived the night, he doubted he'd last long given the cold. Before Junior could fall into despair, a glimmer of hope appeared. He found a dark cave to be sitting just in his path. The flash of lightning made it clear to his sight. Junior began to stand and limped his way over to the cave.

Junior entered the cave, finding it to be dry compared to the wet jungle. The teen looked back to the storm, as rain fell harder, completely obscuring his sight.

"Guess I'm on my own now," said Junior to himself. He took a seat, allowing the water to drip from his body. The boy sent the sticks down to the ground. He took two other sticks and began to rub them together. Junior spent the next several minutes doing this, while his skin began to sprout goose bumps.

"Come on. Come on...." Junior began to grow frustrated as he continued to rub the sticks together.

"Fuck!" Junior threw the sticks aside. The wood he had was too wet to work with. The rain over this tropical jungle has really screwed him over. Junior shivered as he got up, huddling himself for warmth. Rarely did he get cold like this. It must've been due to being drenched. He stared silently, his mind wandering back to the river.

Junior couldn't believe his situation. He spent days trying to search for the rest of the girls. And when they've finally reunited, some nutjob attacks them. No, he attacked him.

The teen couldn't fathom why this guy was after him. He never saw him nor has he ever done anything in this world to warrant his attack. Yet he was looking for him. He said so himself that there was a price on his head. But Junior wondered why.

Whatever the case, it put the girls in danger. Junior had put his friends in danger. Because of him, they were hurt and almost killed. There was like a cloud of bad luck surrounding the boy. He sometimes felt that way throughout his life. Only now, it seemed more apparent that wherever he went, nothing but trouble followed. Junior sat in silence, burying his head into his knees.


Junior winced as he lied on the ground of the cave. He was completely naked, with his clothes resting just right next to him. Junior looked out to the entrance of the cave, finding that it was a clear early morning. He actually survived the night.

The boy raised himself up, feeling soreness around his body. He felt his back, feeling a light patch of soft tissue to be over where the gash once was. He was healing slowly, but surely. He guessed that his body was just having a slow recovery period because of his fight.

The boy sighed as he stood up, picking his clothes up. He frowned, still finding them to be a bit damp. Of course they weren't dry. The boy began to slip on the pants. At the very least, he didn't want his junk exposed for whatever creature lurked out here.

Junior spent the morning, treading through the cold and wet ground of the jungle. He jumped as he heard the sound of crying animals in the air.

"Get it together, Junior. You've only been alone for a day, and you're jumping like a scared cat." Junior scolded himself. He then heard the sound of heavy footsteps approaching. Junior turned to find a pack of large creatures to be running by, stopping near the trees. Junior's eyes widened at their appearance.

The creatures looked almost like dinosaurs, but they bore a slim and almost bony appearance. They stood on two legs, with long arms that almost reached the ground, and stood around six feet in height. Their backs and necks were covered in dark quill-like hairs. Their sunken eyes darted, as they salivated on the ground, snarling. Some of them rest their long arms to the ground, showing off their ability of switching to quadrupedal stance and theropod-like stance. A couple of these dark scaled reptiles were missing a limb. Their body structure was certainly adapted to their wounded states.

One of the reptiles shrieked as it spotted Junior, which drew the attention of the rest of the beasts.

"Goddamit!" Junior suddenly bolted in the opposite direction. The creatures gave chase, racing through the jungle. If Junior were a normal human, he was sure that these things would catch up to him. He may not have been the fastest runner, but his endurance and above average speed allowed him to put some distance between himself and these monsters. Junior yelped as he heard the shriek of a beast behind him, snapping its jaws at him.

"Fuck! Fuck me! Fuck me! Fuck me!" cried Junior. He hopped over a log and continued running. The beasts scampered after him, moving passed obstacles with ease.

"Ah Jesus! Sweet Jesus, Yahweh, Odin, Allah, Zeus, Sheeva, Ra, and every other deity that I don't believe in! But I'll become a believer if one of you save my ass!!" cried Junior. He yelped as he stumbled and tripped. He gasped as he scrambled back, finding that the horrible creatures were about to lunge for him.

"Ugh! I never was one to wait on salvation! Fuck it! I'm going down swinging!" said Junior, standing up. He stood up, giving a loud, primal cry. The creatures suddenly skidded to a halt. They stared wide eyed, as the boy roared in defiance. Junior stopped, finding them beginning to step back.

"Heh. What's wrong, pussys? You scared?" taunted Junior. He suddenly felt the earth around him rumble. The earth between him and the beasts began to rise, as a huge mass began to emerge. Junior fell back onto his rear, wide eyed. The reptiles stepped back, crouching close to the ground as something much larger appeared.

Before them, a massive crab rose out of the earth, coated in stone and mud. Its black eyes stood on thick sticks, which poked out of its protective shell. It snapped its large claws, which sounded like loud pops. Its long powerful legs carried it out of the earth. The arthropod stood to be over 10 feet in height.

"So am I worshiping Poseidon?" Junior tittered. The reptiles scurried off in a panic, immediately forgetting their hunger. But, the crab chased after them, its large legs carrying it over the earth. It snapped its claws at one of the creatures, dragging it along the earth. The beast shrieked as it thrashed, getting crushed. The claws caused it to bleed from the serrated teeth over the claws. Milky white blood stained its carapace.

Junior yelped as the earth around him moved again. But instead of another massive crab monster, a few smaller similar crabs rose out. They were about the size of a human head, but carried large eyes on their bodies. They also bore softer looking shells. Junior gasped as they scurried passed him, making their way to the larger crab, which began to tear apart the reptile it had caught. It dropped the pieces of the now dead animal to the ground, staining the earth with its milky white blood. Junior stared as the crab stood and watched as the smaller ones gathered, picking at the flesh of the kill. They began to bring it to their 'mouths' and proceeded to feed.

The adult crab suddenly turned its attention towards Junior. The boy stiffened at the dead gaze of its beady black eyes. He suddenly scampered up to his feet and bolted from the area. The crab ignored him and returned its attention to its babies, as they fed.

Junior slowed down his pace some time later. He was walking more calmly through the jungle. He couldn't believe just how close he was to dying. Sure, he could've transformed, but that usually happened in certain circumstances. He didn't necessarily have control over it. Not to mention, Junior knew that those things would've eaten him before he could change. He dodged a bullet when that crab showed up. Who knows what else was out here. And here Junior was, alone and lost.

However, hope filled Junior as he saw that there was a clearing just beyond some trees. Junior jogged over to the light. Once he reached it, he stopped with a sigh of relief. Ahead, he saw that there was a village, fortified by protective wooden walls. It was rather large too, out in the middle of an open field.

Junior made his way away from the forest, making his way to the dirt road of the village. As he walked, he found that the gates were wide open. Junior found a couple of armored men to be standing by the gates. They looked Sacramentonian. The men approached, taking notice of the boy.

"Who goes there?" questioned one of the guards.

"Just a lost traveler. I just need somewhere to stay to collect myself. I'll be on my way as soon as I can," said Junior. The guards looked the boy over. He was covered from head to toe in dirt and sweat. His shirt was missing, and his pants were damp.

"If it's a place to stay that you need, then you came to the right place. There's an Inn that might be able to help you. Just head on down this road to the 'Sleepy Crab'," said one of the guards, pointing into town.

'Not the best name I've heard, but OK,' thought Junior.

"Thanks," said Junior, walking into town.

Later, he found himself walking in the hall of the Inn he was pointed to. A man led him along the way.

"You'll be sharing a room with two other guests. Since you don't have money, I'd like for you to help around for the day," said the man.

"Sure," said Junior with a nod. He soon found himself led to a room. The door was opened, where an old man with wild grayish blue hair lunged about. With him was a boy, who looked to be no older than 14, with brown curly short hair. The two took notice of Junior and the Inn keeper.

"Gentlemen. I hate to bother you, but we have a new guest who will be sharing this room with you for a while," said the Inn keeper.

"Ugh. Are you- Serious?" the old man belched in mid-sentence. Junior grimaced.

"On second thought, maybe I can figure something else out. I don't want to be a bother," said Junior.

"Hey, it's cool! Drick, come on!" said the boy, looking to the older man in disapproval. 'Drick', sighed in annoyance.

"Whatever. But if you're gonna wack off, do it when no one’s around. I-I don't wanna hear you in the middle of the night beating your- Meat!" Drick stuttered from his hiccups.

"I... Wouldn't dream of it," said Junior. He was starting to regret coming here.

"Well, you get comfortable. I'll be back to bring you a new pair of clothes," said the man, before leaving. Drick scoffed.

"Guy's a real knob, am I right?" asked Drick with a chuckle.

"I-I don't..." Junior looked away.

"Hey, relax roomie. This is an adjustment for all of us," said Drick, casually.

"What's your name?" asked the boy.

"Gojira. Gojira Takeshi," said Junior.

"Hey, Gojira. I'm Worty. This is my grandpa, Drick," said the boy, gesturing to the old man.

"Sup," said Drick, casually.

"Pleasure to meet you," said Junior, relaxing a bit.






The day went by fast. In a fresh change of clothes, Junior took to helping around at the Inn. He moved around supplies, made deliveries, and other tasks that the Inn Keeper could find to have him do. The village itself was rather peaceful. Although Junior received stares from the citizens, he didn't mind. They were more curious about him rather than threatened.

It was now evening. Junior sighed as he collapsed into the bed in the room he was sharing. He turned on his back, just as Drick and Worty suddenly walked into the room.

"Worty, I told you! Never look them in the eye!" said Drick in annoyance.

"Well how was I supposed to know?! The last time you told me to look them in the eye!" said Worty, defensive.

"That was a sub species, Worty! The stripped ones get scared and cower when a higher mammal makes direct eye contact! The spotted ones get aggressive and attack anything that makes eye contact!" said Drick.

"But you never-" Worty glared at his grandfather.

"Just stop whining! I had to put up with it all day!" said Drick in exasperation. Junior sighed as he lied in bed, scowling. He did not want this to end his day this way.

"Oh, hey. You look like you had a long day," said Worty, turning his attention to Junior.

"Not as long as yours, I'm sure," said Junior. Drick closed the door, before drawing out a flask.

"You want a drink to end the working day?" asked Drick.

"I'm not of age," said Junior, cocking a brow. Drick and Worty sent each other a look.

"I thought you weren't from around here," said Drick, a suspicious look on his face.

"Yeah," said Worty with a nod. Junior grimaced.

"So, what's your story kid? How'd you end in the mess we saw you in earlier?" asked Drick, drinking from his flask.

"Believe it or not... I'm from another world. I somehow ended up here with some friends and now we're trying to get back home," said Junior.

"Huh. Thought so," said Drick, nonchalant.

"Wait, what?!" exclaimed Junior.

"We're from the other world too. Drick was a scientist that invented a teleporter," said Worty.

"Worty, Worty. It was a Dimensional Tide Archway. It sends you anywhere in the world or even off world. I had plans to make a smaller scaled one that you can carry and jump between realities like the archway," said Drick. Junior's eyes widened.

"You invented a device that could send you to other realities?!" asked Junior in shock.

"Fuck yeah! It was the greatest invention ever made! Hell, I sacrificed years of my life to just get a terrestrial one going!" said Drick, waving his flask with a belch.

"The problem is that the fucking Equestrian government tried to keep me on a tight leash. They wanted to use my invention for war! I tell ya, human beings are so short sighted that they couldn't see the big picture with what I was building!" said Drick in an aggravated rant.

"I can't argue with that," said Junior.

"Heh. At least someone gets it," said Drick.

"I get it," said Worty.

"Shut it. I'm not referring to you," said Drick.

"So, how'd you end up here?" asked Junior. He had to keep himself expressing disapproval with the man's harsh treatment of his grandson, though it wasn't exactly his place to say something at this point.

"After the project was shut down after an accident, I decided to finish it up and fine tune it. No way in hell was I gonna let them shut down my life's work. So when I got it working, I left behind the device and blue prints, and brought Worty here on a life time of adventure and discovery," said Drick.

"And how's that going?" asked Junior.

"Well, it could use less whining," said Drick, glancing at Worty. The boy scowled as he crossed his arms.

"But, there's crazy shit that I'd never imagined back at that shitty reality, and there's plenty of booze to go around. So, I guess it's going well. I just wish I had the resources to jump to other realities," said Drick with a sigh.

"Ah." Junior nodded. "Well, at least you seem to be enjoying yourself. This whole time I've been struggling out there with all of those fucking monsters that this world has to offer. I just want to find my friends and head back to our world," said Junior with a scoff. Drick snorted.

"Why would you want to go back to that shit hole?" asked Drick.

"I'm sorry?" asked Junior, cocking a brow.

"You're a mutant aren't ya?" asked Drick, pointing to Junior's reptilian arm, wrapped in cloth. Junior quickly hid it behind himself.

"Relax, kid. No ones' here to judge," said Drick, sipping from his flask.

"Let me break it down for you. As much as I'm not the biggest fan of government, at least the people running Sacramentonia have a better sense of justice than what our world did. I mean, you have them locking up anyone that doesn't want to bend a knee to some bullshit laws that don't make any sense. At least the laws here make some sense. And they don't ride your ass when you try to make something great," scoffed Drick.

"W-Well, yeah. But-"

"And let's not get started on your kind. They use a few extremists that raised hell in Solgell as an excuse to tighten their hold on not just mutants, but everyone in the world. Every government took more control of the populaces they were in charge of after that. And why? Because the few 'extremists' were tired of being pushed around by the Corporations in charge of building up the cities on those islands." Drick took a swig of his booze. Junior grimaced. He didn't necessarily disagree with the old man. After all, he knew that the Revolutionaries had a legit reason to rebel. Though whether he agreed with them or not was up in the air these days. After all, his father was among the slaves during that time. But, that event caused a lot more problems for his kind.

"You know what MONARCH's problem is? They're just a bunch of mindless drones that shoot wherever their pointed. They enforce the same bullshit laws by the guys that run the show. In spite of a large population so scared and angry, with virtually unlimited tanks, guns and bombs, they can't even solve a simple extremist group. They're all a bunch of spineless dumbasses," said Drick.

'Jesus. This guy is more of a pessimist than me,' thought Junior with a grimace.

"You know that Transmutants like you are better off here, right?" asked Drick.

"I... I heard something like that," said Junior.

"It's because the races in Equescidar all have a common theme in all of their cultures. Respect the 'Demi-Titans'. They literally have no prejudice towards Transmutants. At least not the ones we've run into," said Drick.

"That right?" asked Junior.

"Oh yeah. You see, unlike the ones in our old world, they earned respect from these races because they didn't take any bullshit from self-entitled ass-bags. Sometimes you just gotta show up to the pen as the biggest dog. That way, no one fucks with you. I speak from experience. I didn't come this far because I let a bunch of rich fat cats from Harvard or whatever walk over me," said Drick with a chuckle.

While put off by Dricks greater pessimism, Junior couldn't help but reflect. He remembered always acting meek growing up, whether it was with other mutants, or with humans. Sure, he defended himself when someone picked a fight. But Junior never went out of his way to actively challenge those who bullied him because of who he was, or what he was. In the end, Junior just took it. All of those things and what Drick said, may have led to events like the shooting of his school that cost him his left arm.


The moon hung high over the wasteland of the capital city of the Dogomite Empire. The Purists found themselves locked up in a cold dark dungeon. They were crowded in this small cell that they shared.

"Let us out, assholes!!" shouted Alexandra, pulling on the bars, like an enraged ape in a cage. A couple of guards passed by their cell, laughing.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that," said one of the guards. Alexandra noticed a few other prisoners from their own cells beginning to laugh as well.

"Shut up," said an annoyed male voice. The Purists perked up from their cell. Across from them, they found an older man to be slumped against the wall of his cell. He tiredly looked their way.

"People are trying to sleep," said the man.

"Hey, you know where we are, buddy?" called Alexandra.

"Lur. Capital city of the Dogomite Empire. You couldn't be in a worse place in Equescidar," said the man.

"Equescidar?" asked Scar.

"Hey, who are you?" asked Adrian.

"I'm called, Callous." The man turned to face the Purists. He was middle aged man, with hard features. He looked cold and rigid as stone. His graying hair hung from his head. His eyes bore eyebags, that helped give this man an almost sad, pathetic appearance.

"Call me Scar," said Scar. The rest of the Purists began to introduce themselves to this stranger.

"So, for what grave offense did you commit that would land you here?" asked Callous.

"Trespassing I guess. All we did was walk into the desert," said Alexandra.

"We didn't even set foot out there. We did kill some soldiers though," said Dreadnought to himself.

"If that is it, then you might find yourselves spared if you make yourselves useful to her," said Callous, disinterested.

"Well, you guys have muties causing trouble? We can take care of them," said Alexandra. Callous raised a brow.

"Muties?" asked Callous.

"You know. Transmutants," said Adrian. Callous just stared in silence.

"Humans that turn into huge animals. You guys have those, right?" asked Dreadnought in confusion. He couldn't fathom how this world wouldn't have mutants. Not with all the stuff they've seen so far.

"You mean, the demi-titans? You kill them for a living?" asked Callous.

"If that's the same kind of freak we're talking about, then yeah," said Alexandra. Callous began to give a hearty laugh of amusement. The Purists looked to each other in an awkward silence.

"You fools." Callous smirked, settling down. The Purists, save for Stinger, bore offended and annoyed looks.

"What was that?" Adrian growled.

"You must be from far away from Equescidar. Most in this land honor their kind. For centuries, they defended every race in the land from monsters and demons that would devour them," said Callous. Adrian scoffed.

"Bullshit. Those things bring nothing but pain! If there's really some that are 'good', then where are the others that use their power to destroy? Tell us about them?" Adrian glared at the older man. Callous griped the bars of his cell, a dark look in his eyes. A grin grew on his face.

"Who do you think is keeping you locked up? Who rules this land?" asked Callous. Adrian felt a knot form in her stomach. The rest of the Purists were filled with disgust and a sense of dread. This had to be nightmare.

"We're at the mercy of one of them?!" exclaimed Alexandra.

"Just what we need. A political mutie," said Adrian. Scar was silent.

"I doubt she has a use for whelps such as yourself. The last thing she needs is a knife to the back," said Callous, returning to the wall of his cell.

"Um... you think I can get someone to vouch for me? I'm actually just a mercenary with allegiance to money. I don't actually share these guys' views. I just... like to blow stuff up," said Dreadnought with a nervous smile. He was met with glares from the rest of the Purists.

"Hey, I told you the moment that you guys stopped paying me, I was out! Unless you can fix that, then don't ask me for shit!" said Dreadnought.

"You son of a-" Adrian growled.

Meanwhile in Malicia's study, the Empress found herself staring at a wall, where a mounted head of a Tyranosaurus was. It was a rather enormous ornament, meaning that this room itself had to be wide enough to compensate it. The room was
certainly wide, with very few windows that could allow natural lighting. A fireplace was beneath the mounted head. There was a large desk, and there were shelves filled with old tomes and scrolls. These things dating to many years back. Possibly centuries, as Malicia was told. In the center of the room was a familiar crystal ball that she had been using as of late, when not in the throne room.

"So, that's basically it. They're just a bunch of terrorists dedicated on eliminating mutants. Or, 'Demi-Titans', as your world calls them," said Max with a giggle and wheeze.

"I see. Quite droll, Maximilian," said Malicia, nonchalant.

"That's funny. Because where we're from, there was a movement developing in a nation that called themselves, 'Purists'. They basically wanted to get rid of non 'Earthbound' humans like Sigyn," said Kenra.

"Elves, Valkyries, ogres, Garudas, even anthropomorphic animals were a no-no," said Sigyn, crossing her arms. "This was during the days before Hearth's Warming. Some believe that it was the sole cause of the 'Decade Blood War', which drew in many kingdoms to fight in. But others believed that it was just a symptom of a more... sinister conspiracy," said Sigyn, a dark smile on her face.

"That's a dark name. Your ominous foreshadowing is giving me goosebumps," giggled Max with a twitching eye.

"As much as I am fascinated of tales from your own realms, I must focus on mine. I have more out-worlders on my hands, and a few of them are in the dungeon right now, rotting," said Malicia as she turned to face her enforcers.

"Why not just kill them? It'll be like what our ancestors did in the good ol' days," said Kenra, flashing Sigyn a smirk. The elf smirked back.

"No, I have a better idea," said Malicia, surprising the two women.

"These are the kind of people that are easy to control. Bigots," said Malicia with a sinister smile. She pointed away to the door.

"Bring them to me," said Malicia.

"Your Majesty, I have to advise against this. These people aren't exactly all talk. They killed a few of your men before they were apprehended," interjected Sigyn, warily.

"Fear not. If they were to double cross you, then you have my blessing to kill them," said Malicia.

"Works for me," said Kenra with a shrug. The three began to leave.

"One moment. Sigyn, do you have a report for the newcomers?" asked Malicia. Sigyn stopped before closing one eye. Her open eye began to illuminate. The crystal ball began to glow. Malicia made her way over to it and found an image of the Iwi village, having completely darkened. In the village was a second camp, where large metallic vehicles rested.

"Hmm. We may have to keep an eye on them," said Malicia to herself.


It was dawn. Junior stirred awake from his bed. He sat up, appearing drowsy. He turned and noticed that Drick and Worty were still sound asleep, snoring. Junior scowled, having a restless night. Aside from the snoring, the boy was kept up because he kept thinking back to his friends.

Were his friends hurt? Did they get back to the Iwi village, safely? Or were they still looking for him? These questions kept the boy awake. Plus, the anxiety he felt from the foe that attempted to capture him. Junior wondered whatever happened to him. In either case, the teen knew that he couldn't stay here. He had to get back to the Iwi village.

Later, Junior found himself standing with the Inn keeper, who was showing him a map. Junior realized that this town was just one of the outer territories of the Sacramentonian Kingdom. It was actually close to the line drawn that separated them from the Dogomite Empire.

"You're quite fortunate to survive Specter Hollow. They say that it's cursed," said the Inn Keeper.

"I don't know about that. But I did run into trouble there. Looks like the river didn't carry me that far. I can retrace my steps," said Junior.

"I would advise against that, my boy. Perhaps it'd be safer for you to take the long route. You're traveling alone, after all," said the Inn Keeper, pointing to a path that went around Specter Hollow, leading into the Roaring Jungle.

"But isn't that too close to the Dogomites?" asked Junior, pointing to a town near the path.

"So long as you don't stray from the path, they won't bother you. Unless of course, you have a bounty on your head," said the Inn Keeper with a chuckle. Junior felt his heart jumped.

"Heh. Yeah. Thanks for the heads up," said Junior, taking the map. The Inn Keeper shook his hand with a smile.

"Good luck out there. Hope you find your friends," said the Inn Keeper. Junior nodded to the man with a small smile. He stepped out of the Inn and made his way down the road. He carried a pack on his back, filled with food, water, and a sleeping bag. He hoped that he won't have to use it. Junior would hate to sleep out in the wilderness alone.

As the boy made his way down the road, he noticed a large gathering of people. They stood just away from the center of town, around a green field. Curious, Junior walked over to where the people were. He found them carrying torches, which illuminated the dark area. As Junior reached the area, he noticed the people stood silently and solemnly.

"Brothers and sisters, we are gathered here to honor and lay to rest someone dear to our town," said a man in dark robes. Junior noticed a few guards to be standing by, watching what he realized was a funeral service. The boy walked over.

"Excuse me, but who died?" asked Junior in a whisper. The guard looked his way briefly.

"A noble Guardian who lived among us. He had just gave his life to protect this village. It was said that he held off an attack of the Dogomites, all by himself," said the guard. Junior's eyes slightly widened.

"By himself?" asked Junior.

"No one knew. If not for him, we'd be dead and enslaved," said the guard.

"It's tragic. These days, they seem to be rarer. It's like most of them have disappeared," said a guard.

"And the ones that are still around are needlessly dying to fight a losing war," said another guard.

"Disappeared?" Junior said to himself.

"If things go on like this, there may not be any Guardians left," said the guard that Junior had originally spoke to. He then took notice of Junior's reptilian arm, wrapped in cloth.

"You're a Demi-Titan. Would you happen to know what became of the others?" asked the man. Junior held his arm with a frown.

"Sorry. I wish I could help you with that information. I'm just trying to find some friends," said Junior. The guard appeared saddened at his answer.

"Hmph. If the Iwi were to step up and assist their neighbors, perhaps we wouldn't be attending these funerals," scoffed a nearby villager.

"You can't blame the Iwi! If our people had not treated their people the way they were, we may not even be in this war!" argued another villager. The two villagers began to argue. This caused everyone to become distracted from the service. Those who were aware of the topic of the argument also joined in. One of the guards sighed in exasperation as he forced his way through the crowd.

"Hey! Hey! Break it up! Be respectful of the dead!" shouted the guard, forcing the two men away from each other. All eyes were on the guard.

"Listen, it doesn't matter whose fault it is. Whatever happened between our two people is the least of our worries. Protesting fault and self-blame will not change anything. What matters is that we remain strong to defend ourselves. Guardians or not, we have to stand our ground," said the guard. The people began to murmur in agreement, forgetting the conflict from before.

"Now, let's continue with the service," said the guard. Junior watched as these people turned their attention back forward. He recalled that there was mention of the Iwi. He wondered what exactly happened between the natives and Sacramentonians. But he also found himself worried for these people. They weren't even aware that they were being attacked. And they are so close to their enemy. Junior wondered if he should stick around and help in any way he could.

Junior shook his head. He knew that he shouldn't get involved. This world's problems weren't his concern. He had his own to worry about after all. He had to find his friends.

With that, Junior turned to walk away from the village. He left behind the town, not looking back.


It was morning. The sun was rising. The Iwi went about their daily chores. Although, they were wary of the newcomers.

The MONARCH soldiers were checking and moving around supplies. Some were also doing sit ups, as higher ranking officers barked orders.

"I want you to keep going until it hurts to the point that you have to shit!" shouted a C.O., pacing around the soldiers.

Meanwhile, Kong stood outside of his den. He bore a hard expression, as his arms were crossed over his chest.

"No," said Kong. Ann, Mosura, and Fluttershy stood before him in shock.

"Kong, please!" said Ann.

"We need your help to rescue him!" said Fluttershy

"I warned you of the danger out there. He knew and payed for his carelessness," said Kong. Mosura hardened her expression.

"Look, he can't be dead! He could've ended up in one of these towns!" said Mosura, pointing to settlements depicted on a map, near the river passed Specter Hollow.

"If he survived that is. Even if he did, I will not go. I already have to worry about these outsiders you brought along," said Kong in annoyance.

"But we need someone who knows the land and is strong enough to face the guy responsible for separating us. We might run into him again," argued Mosura.

"Even still, I won't. He'd be in Sacramentonian territory if he was taken by the river. If I were to go there, the fools would think the Iwi were invading," scoffed Kong.

"So this is about the Sacramentonians? Kong, why are you so adamant about them?" Asked Ann. Kong sighed.

"Long ago, before me, there were two tribes. The Iwi and Sacramentonians. Two different people, but both connected to the earth," said Kong, as he took ash and began to draw two human figures. He drew a circle around the figures.

"Because of this, the two tribes lived as one in harmony with each other and nature. But, the Sacramentonians were different than the Iwi. While the Iwi were content, the Sacramentonians were ambitious. That ambition allowed them to grow more advanced. This is where they were divided," said Kong, marking a line through the circle, between the figures.

"When the Sacramentonians learned to build cities with great protective stone walls, they lost their connection to the land. The Iwi they lived alongside with for many years were but strangers to them. Foreigners in their own land. It didn't help when the Iwi preferred to remain living as they have," said Kong, solemnly.

"The Sacramentonians' ambition turned to greed. That greed led to them conquering and enslaving the people that they lived with. Brothers no more," said Kong, wiping away the ashes on the stone wall. Ann and the girls listened intently to Kong's tale. Seeing a sadness in him that he rarely showed.

"They sought to control nature and their fellow man. In response, the Iwi rebelled. Many lives were claimed from both tribes. Even when the Iwi were allowed to leave, there was often conflict between them. Every now and then, the two tribes would clash and shed precious blood on the land they once cultivated together," said Kong, staring at the stone wall.

"When I was born, the Iwi brought me in and raised me as one of their own. I remember the wars they had with the Sacramentonians. In spite of them being more advanced, the Iwi still persevered because they used the land to their advantage. The Sacramentonians disconnection made them fearful of what nature had to offer. The Iwi embraced it," said Kong.

"I knew that this couldn't go on. So, I stepped in. I showed the Sacramentonians the force that was now backing the Iwi. I didn't have to take their lives. I only had to show them. But even when they tried to attack, I was there to protect the Iwi from their oppressors. Since then, they haven't had contact," said Kong, turning his attention to the Iwi, who were going about their daily routine.

"These people... They're not lowly humans that I rule over. They're my family. I don't want to see them suffer again," said Kong, his expression soft. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He found Ann looking at him with a warm expression. Kong softly exhaled through his nostrils. Mosura began to reflect on that story. It was strange how that there didn't seem to be mention of the Dogomites in Kong's story. She wondered how long exactly the war between the two factions went on.

'I wonder if the tribes feuding worked in the Dogomites' favor,' thought Mosura.


Lur, Capital City of Dogomite Empire...

The Purists found themselves bounded in shackles. They stood in the great throne room of Empress Malicia. The woman sat on her throne, as Kenra, Sigyn, and Maximilian stood close by. Malicia fed a crow-like avian reptile, as it was perched on her throne's arm rest.

"Because of your crimes, which include trespassing on Dogomite territory, and killing honorable men who fought on my behalf, I must punish you," said Malicia, as the bird flew off, perching itself onto a stand. She smiled to the Purists.

"As punishment, you must serve me," said Malicia. Alexandra scoffed.

"Like we're gonna serve some mutie whore!" spat Alexandra. A couple of guards snarled or cringed. Meanwhile, Kenra narrowed her eyes and was about to draw her side arm. Malicia merely giggled in amusement.

"Kenra, this one reminds me of you when we first met," said Malicia, nostalgic. Kenra grimaced as she moved her hand away from her weapon.

"Oh come on. I can't be that annoying," said Kenra. Scar took a step forward, a defiant look on his face.

"We don't serve, mutants. We destroy them," said Scar in a low tone. Malicia was unphased by his statement. She instead smiled.

"Hm. And right you are," said Malicia, drawing confused looks from her enforcers and the Purists.

"You see, these demi-Titans are quite problematic. And not just for me. They are a threat to order in this world. They topple kingdoms and spread chaos throughout the land in the name of 'freedom'. Utter drivel," scoffed Malicia. Kenra and Sigyn both glanced at each other.

"Listen, I am not your enemy. Yes, I rule an Empire with an iron fist. Some aren't too fond of it. But I'm a woman of order. I intend to keep it that way for the people that I'm serving. But the others... They just want to do whatever they want! I intend to correct them. By any means, necessary," said Malicia, a hard expression on her face. The way she spoke was seductive to say the least. Not in a sexual manner. Rather, she seemed sincere to the humans ignorant of this world. Sigyn noted that this was one of the things that made this woman so dangerous.

"At this point, I'm the only one you can rely on in this world. Just name your price, and I'll do my best to grant your hearts' desires," said Malicia.

"I want a mutie free world," said Alexandra, without a hint of hesitation.

"Same..." Scar answered, though hesitation was in his voice. Dreadnought eyed the gun that Kenra had in her holster.

"I want a gun like that. My prosthetic wears me out," said Dreadnought, pointing to Kenra's holster.

"I want bigger guns. To kill any mutie I see," said Stinger, his brows furrowed.

"Ooh! I change my mind! I want what he asked for!" said Dreadnought. Adrian bore a cold look.

"Revenge," said Adrian. Malicia smirked.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have an accord," said Malicia. "If your service is up to my standards, then you'll be handsomely rewarded."

"I can work with that," said Dreadnought with a smirk.

"Maximilian, escort them to the holding pen. They'll be assisting you with the Skull Walkers," said Malicia.

"What's a Skull Walker?" whispered Alexandra.

"How the hell should I know?" Adrian whispered back.

"Oh no," said Scar in dismay, as Maximilian approached.

"Scar! Long time no see, old friend!" giggled Max as he hugged Scar tightly. The Purist bore a grimace.

"Hello to you too," said Scar, warily. He recalled this guy's track record. Of all the familiar faces he could've run into, it had to be him.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! It's Dreeeaaadnought!" said Max with a manic laugh.

"How're you doing, you old lunatic? I didn't know you were still alive," chuckled Dreadnought.

"Stinger! Good to see you too, my boy!" said Dreadnought with a wheeze.

"Hm." Stinger merely nodded. Adrian and Alexandra both bore odd looks.

"You guys know him?" asked the women in unison. Max suddenly eyed the two. He had an almost hungry look in his eyes, which sent chills up the women’s' spines.

"H-Hey, Scar." Max whispered with a giggle.

"Don't even think about it," deadpanned Scar.

"Aw you're no fun. Come on. We have work to do!" said Max, before walking off with a spring in his step.

"What the hell was that?" asked Alexandra with a shudder.

"Don't mind him. He has... A lot of screws loose. Whatever you do, don't be alone with him. Or fall asleep when he's around," said Scar warily as he followed Max.

"W-Wait, what was that?" asked Adrian.

"Ugh. Sick..." said Alexandra, holding herself with a pale look.

Malicia sat and watched as the Purists were led out of her throne room. She noticed Kenra and Sigyn looking at her in shock.

"What?" asked Malicia with a shrug.

"Ma'am, permission to speak freely," said Kenra.

"Granted," replied Malicia.

"Why the hell did you recruit them?! These guys would literally kill you the first chance they get! Not to mention you just promised to let them kill off all the 'Demi-Titans'! You know that includes you, right?!" shouted Kenra. Sigyn cringed, while Malicia bore a stoic look. Kenra sighed as she took a calm breath.

"Sorry," said Kenra. Malicia smiled in amusement.

"Dearest Kenra, you stress too much. Honestly, what do you think I have man servants for?" asked Malicia. Kenra blushed with an annoyed look.

"Don't fret about the Purists. I have those short sighted fools wrapped dangerously tight around my finger. In their haste, they didn't check my terms and conditions," said Malicia.

"Terms and conditions?" asked Kenra with a cocked brow.

"Yes. Their rewards will seal their fate," said Malicia, a devilish smile on her face. This coaxed a wicked smile from Sigyn.

"Ok? But what'll happen when they decide to turn on you?" asked Kenra. Malicia looked at her smugly.

"You'll be there."


King Gareth sighed as he rubbed his brows. Prince David stood next to him with a grimace.

"It doesn't make sense. Our strategy has been sound. We've been pushing the Dogomites back, but now... Now they're starting to advance more to our Mid-territories," said Gareth with a sigh.

"Father, I'm certain that our allies will help us turn the tide. And I have hope that Kong and the Iwi tribe will reconsider and join us," said David.

"Oh my boy. So naive. Why would they come to our aide when I, the King, took part in their enslavement? All of those years of fighting, all of those years of hate and blood shed led to our vulnerability to an enemy that was waiting from the shadows. This last decade has aged me terribly," said Gareth with a tired sigh, sitting on his throne with a wince. His son knelt next to him with a soft look.

"These Dogomites... They're nothing more than buzzards. Just circling over the vulnerable and dead, going in to devour what remains," said Gareth with a bitter look.

"Father, stop dwelling on the sins of the past. Instead, focus on building a better future," said David. Gareth lightly smiled at his son.

"I'm afraid that it may be too late for me to redeem myself, my son. But, I hope that you and future generations can look back on us and try to right the wrongs our kingdom made. For the sake of our people," lamented Gareth. David frowned.


Junior found himself walking along the dirt road in silence. He looked over to the side, seeing the vast land. Just faintly, beyond, Junior could make out the sight of a town, made up of what Junior believed was stone. That was Dogomite territory. He was so close, yet so far. This path was basically a tight rope. If he strayed from it, then it may be trouble.

"Almost there," said Junior, relieved to find the entrance to the Roaring Jungle. While he wasn't keen of encountering anymore monsters, he was at least happy to be out of sight of an evil empire.

Junior continued on into the jungle. He spent the next several minutes treading through the forest, hearing the cry of birds in the air. It was much more relaxing compared to the creepy sounds of creatures in Specter Hollow or the jungle that Junior found himself awakening in. He hoped that his trip will remain this smooth.

"Damn, it's getting dense," said Junior in annoyance, brushing passed the foliage. It had grown a lot more crowded. With branches, vines, and leaves in the boy's face. Nonetheless, he pressed on. Before Junior could take another step, he turned as he heard footsteps rapidly approaching.

"No fucking way!" exclaimed Junior, finding Endurous burst passed some vines, his body covered in dirt and sweat. A deranged look was on his face.

"Found youuuu...~" Endurous gave a creepy chuckle.

Before Junior could react, Endurous lunged at him like a predatory beast. The boy grunted as he was pinned to the ground.

"Did you think you could hide?!" Endurous cackled, strangling the boy. Junior grunted as he kicked away his attacker. The two got up to their feet, staring each other down.

"Good, no annoying little girls to interfere. I was sick of their screams," said Endurous with a smirk. Junior growled.

"But I wanna hear yours!" Endurous charged towards the mutant. The two slammed into each other, exchanging blows to one another.

Junior was on the offensive, sending quick jabs at his foe. Endurous was faster. With ease, he dodged every blow and began to send three quick jabs into the boy's side.

In pain, Junior shouted as he slashed his claws at the man.

"Come on! You can do better than that," said Endurous, darting back. He hopped onto a tree and snatched large brown spider from the branch.

"Heads up!" Endurous laughed as he dropped back down, after throwing the large arachnid.

"AH!" Junior yelped in alarm as the spider latched onto his face.

"Not this shit again!" Junior gave muffled cries as he attempted to pry the spider off his face. Endurous chuckled as swung his leg at the boy, smashing the spider against his face. The blow also sent the boy spiraling to the ground.

Junior snarled as he pulled the mangled and dead arachnid off his face, covered in its juices. He found Endurous shooting towards him like a rocket, his fist out for a punch. Junior caught his fist in the palm of his hand.

The air around the collision left a pop, and a wave distorting the air around their hands. Endurous attempted to punch Junior with his free hand, but the boy caught his fist as well. This created a similar effect.

Junior stood up to his full height and circled with Endurous. Both power houses dug their heels into the earth, attempting to overpower the other. Their opposing strengths caused the earth at their feet to give, causing them to sink a bit. Trees began to rustle as the air grew dense. Animals began to flee.

"When she sent me out to find you, I knew you wouldn't be an easy catch! But you've exceeded my expectations! I can see that your full potential is still untapped!" said Endurous with a wild grin. Junior merely growled, not noticing the effect that he and his opponent were having on the environment around them.

There were questions on the boy's mind though. Just who was this 'she' that sent this guy. Why did she send him? But most of all...

"Just what are you?!" demanded Junior.

"I'm the bane of your kind," said Endurous.

The two heard a creak and groan. Around them, they saw that some of the vines began to move. They found two large leaves to be parting, revealing a great plant. It appeared similar to a Nepenthes ventricosa plant, a carnivorous form of flora. It stood on a large bowl-like base, with a long tube-like neck, where pink tendrils wiggled.

Vines shot from the large plant, ensnaring both Junior and Endurous.

"Agh! Interference!" said Endurous in exasperation. Junior grunted in pain as the vines dug into his flesh, with the sharp thorns they were covered in.

"C'mere!" Endurous grabbed onto Junior and began to beat him. Junior snarled as he returned the hits. Despite being in the grasp of a hungry man eating plant, these two continued to fight. The plant struggled to pull them close to its gaping tube-like maw. But, it only needed one.

The plant began to eject a toxin from its thorns, which soaked up into the bloodstream of both prey. Junior cried out in agony as the toxin burned into his cells.

"Bitch! I barely feel a thing!" laughed Endurous, seemingly unaffected.

Junior snarled as he began to throttle his foe. The plant began to move, lowering its tube-like neck down. A red lip-like ring began to open wide, revealing sharp teeth-like barbs inside. Junior forced Endurous towards the plant, which then began to pull him inside. Endurous gave an enraged cry as the pink tendrils pulled him into the tube.

The plant's hold on Junior loosened, allowing him to pull out from the vines. He watched as Endurous's body outline could be seen moving down the tube and into the bulbous base.

"Hmph. 'Bane of my kind', my ass," scoffed Junior. He felt himself suddenly overcome with exhaustion. The boy panted, cupping his bleeding arm. His body felt cold, and his legs wiggled as though they were made of jello.

"Gotta... Get out of here," panted Junior, lumbering away from the plant. He dropped to his knees, his strength beginning to leave him.

There was a loud gurgle. Junior stopped dead in his tracks. He slowly turned, finding the plant to be almost constricting itself with its vines. The plant's 'lips' sealed up tightly, while the plant itself seemed to be sinking itself into the ground.

"No way," said Junior, in horror.

The plant suddenly burst. Junior shielded his face, as its fluids splashed on him. He found that Endurous stood upon the remains of the now dead plant. His entire body soaked by the bile. He bore a cocky smile, while Junior struggled to stand. He grunted as he stumbled up, but dropped back to his knees. He then found his foe walking over to him with a smirk.

"Not so tough now, are ya? Guess I was wrong about you," said Endurous, raising his foot.

"Lights out!" Endurous suddenly kicked the boy in the face, knocking him out cold to the ground.


Somewhere in the Roaring Jungle...

A cliff was overlooking the vast jungle, which housed many strange flora and fauna. Upon this cliff, there were the Purists and Maximilian. Max was wheezing with a giggle, as he waved away a couple of guards, who stood near a large cage. In the cage were several Skull Walkers, cramped together. The creatures snarled as he approached.

"Stand back boys. Wouldn't want you to inhale this stuff," said Max as he took his gas gun. He began to spray a red mist at the creatures, whose eyes dilated after taking a breath. They began to thrash and shriek, which caused the cage to rock. The couple of soldiers stumbled back in alarm, while Max giggled.

"Getting a little antsy in there! Don't worry, you'll be let out soon enough!" said Max. Meanwhile, the Purists just stood or sat around in boredom. They didn't see why they had to come along. Max seemed like he had it covered.

"I thought we were gonna shoot muties. Why the hell are we here in this jungle? It's hot and I'm bored," said complained Alexandra.

"Oh, my dear girl! You should know that Malicia never stated that you'd be off doing what you wanted! You're here to help me to keep these things safe and to keep them from turning on us," said Max, before turning to the woman.

"Now, these little monsters serve a very important role against the uh... The tyrannical muties, who rule Sacramentonia. The Empire's sworn enemy. They'll disrupt the natural ecosystem of this area, which the muties rely on for food and crops. The Skull Walkers chase away or eat up the game, or ruin the crops with their bodily fluids. With that, the local villages and farmers will starve. And don't worry about killing off humans. Believe me, they're mostly chalk full of muties," chuckled Max. He then hummed as he glanced at the thrashing Skull Walkers. "Though these things might eat them first."

"So these things must be pretty strong then, huh? Just what the hell are they?" asked Adrian with an unnerved look.

"Dangerous creatures that serve a purpose. That's all you need to know," said Max. Scar looked at the man suspiciously. Then, he looked to the monsters in the cage. He wondered just what they were. They couldn't have been human. They were like feral animals, with humanoid appearances. Even mutants weren't this monstrous.

Scar than noticed something out of the corner of his eye. He found smoke to be rising from deeper in the jungle.

"What's that? Is there a village down there?" asked Scar, pointing ahead.

"Ah. That must be the Iwi tribe. They're not part of the Sacramentonian Kingdom, but they're ruled by a mutie called, 'Kong'." Max turned his attention back to the cage, as a soldier handed him a bucket full of raw meat. Alexandra's eyes lit up.

"Hey, why don't we just head on down there? Give those natives a good ol' fashion liberation from their tyrannical ruler," said Alexandra, tapping her rifle. Dreadnought smirked.

"Better than sitting around here," said Dreadnought, before standing up.

"Sounds like a good warm up," said Adrian with furrowed brows.

"Ah! Ah! Slow your role!" interjected Max, turning back to the Purist, as the Skull Walkers hungrily reached for the bucket he carried.

"Malicia's priority is the Sacramentonian Kingdom. Right now, they pose a bigger threat than Kong. You shouldn't have desert first, lest you spoil your dinner," said Max. Adrian sent him an annoyed look. She was tired of this guy treating them like children.

"OK! OK! Settle down! Don't eat too much before the main course!" said Max with a giggle, throwing in pieces of meat into the cage. The creatures began to fight over the pieces and scarfed up what little they got.

Stinger motioned for the other Purists. They all joined in for a huddle.

"Listen, why don't we ditch him and just go down there?" whispered Stinger.

"No way am I passing that up," whispered Alexandra with a grin.

"It's doing something at least," said Adrian.

"Hole on. We should just stick with the priority set," whispered Scar. Everyone looked at him oddly.

"Why're you hesitating?" whispered Adrian in confusion. Scar stiffened.

"Yeah, you're usually up for a good ol' fashion extermination. It's not like you," whispered Alexandra. Scar said nothing. He wondered why he was hesitating. Something in him felt different. He wasn't as focused on eliminating the creatures that he swore would pay all of those years ago. For what they did to him, and the one he loved. He thought he had every right too. But now, he was reluctant. There had to be a rational explanation.

"I... I just think that it's unwise at this point. After all, we're answering to someone else, in a world we know nothing about. We shouldn't act without foresight," said Scar. Adrian scoffed.

"Foresight? We're just killing a mutie ruling over a tribe of natives! Malicia herself said that she was fighting those tyrannical freaks!" hissed Adrian.

"I'm surprised at you. You trust what she says?" asked Scar incredulously.

"I trust that freak as far as I can shoot her! But we don't have much of a choice. Besides, if she's cool with us taking them out, then what's the trouble?" asked Adrian. Scar was silent for a moment. He felt an inner voice in him warning him about this. Imploring him to talk his colleagues out of it. But why?

"Alright," said Scar, in defeat. Adrian smirked.

"We're supposed to be camping out here. We'll go at dawn, while Gas Face is asleep," whispered Adrian.