• Published 10th Oct 2020
  • 14,152 Views, 1,190 Comments

Equestria Girls: Sonic the Hedgehog - sonicfan05



After the two groups meet up due to circumstances, Sonic and the Equestria Girls must team up to defeat an evil genius, who wants to use his power for world domination, while on the run from the government lead by a special agent.

  • ...
13
 1,190
 14,152

PreviousChapters Next
Intermission: Sonic's Introduction

So I finally arrived at a small blue house within the neighborhood where Skittles lives so that I can join in on their movie night. Movie night is my favorite because they picked out the most fun and interesting flicks. My favorite was always the action and adventure movies, which was Skittles' preferred genre. I’m hoping that she picks a good one for tonight.

I approached the window and peeked inside the house. All the girls were on the couch (except for Cotton Candy Girl and Cowgirl who were on the floor) in front of the TV, waiting for the movie to start.

"Please, please, please please…" I whispered with my fingers crossed, hoping for Skittles to pick a good movie.

Sure enough, the movie started playing with a title popped out which said: Daring Do and the Secret Rings.

"Yes!” I cheered with a fist pump. “Skittles, I knew you'll pick the best movie!"

From the corner of my eye, I saw the Fashion Queen letting out a loud groan. "Honestly Rainbow Dash! Can't you pick another movie that isn't Daring Do?"

"But Daring Do is the best movie series!” Skittles argued. “Besides, it's my turn! You didn't hear me complaining about your RomCom movie!"

"What's wrong with the movie I picked?” The Fashion Queen retorted. “It was a masterpiece!"

Skittles scoffed. "Give me a break Rares! It was lame and boring!"

"I agree with you there Skittles!" I muttered to myself. “The movie she picked last time was lame!

“Now now!” the Cowgirl soothed, trying to keep the peace. “We all agreed that we each have a day to pick a movie.”

“Yeah, please don’t fight!” Animal Girl pleaded.

The Fashion Queen sighed. “I don’t mean to complain darling, but I couldn’t help that this kind of film was not my cup of tea.”

“Normally, I wouldn't mind watching a Daring Do movie,” said Brainiac. “But I already watch that one six times already. Unfortunately, it was Rainbow's turn to pick, so we'll have to deal with it.”

Skittles frowned. "Hey! What do ya mean, 'unfortunately'!?"

The girls laughed while I chuckled quietly in the background.

“Ooooh! The movie is about to start!” Cotton Candy Girl announced as she was eating a tub of popcorn (where did she get that?) while the movie began.

Everyone else joined in while I stared into the window a fond smile.

Oh yeah, let me introduce myself! I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog!

No really. I’m actually a talking blue hedgehog! But I'm no ordinary hedgehog, I’m a hedgehog with the power of super speed! I don’t know exactly how I got these powers. Actually… I don’t even know about my past or about my family. All I know is that I was born with this mysterious power in an extremely handsome package!

Anyway, the place I'm living in now is called Canterlot City. Yeah, it's a weird name, but it’s the greatest place on earth! You could say this place is magical… but we’ll get to that later! The people here are super friendly and I’m they’re lovable space creature. So what if they don’t know if I exist!

The first one was from the family of apple farmers from the apple farm. Try saying that three times fast! Anyway, I was going to call her "The Apple Girl," but because she always wears her cowboy hat, I just call her "the Cowgirl!" Seriously, she never goes anywhere without it. She even inspired me to get one of my own for my sweet cave.

The second girl with long pink hair was Animal Girl. This girl appeared to be shy, but she is so sweet, your heart will melt. She is very kind to everyone, including animals, big and small! And apparently she talks to them too!

...I think she was having some issues.

Anyway, then there’s the Cotton Candy Girl. Other than the fact that her hair is as big as cotton candy and loves sweets, that girl is super friendly, smiles a lot, and all-around fun gal! And she is also a complete mystery to me! She is very hyper and talks too fast like she was having a sugar rush all the time and I’m also convinced that she somehow broke the laws of physics from the way she constantly pops up out of nowhere.

And I also could have sworn that she somehow... sensed me when I’m close to her… but she didn’t act on it.

I… think I should be cautious around her just in case.

Anyway, the next girl was Fashion Queen! This sophisticated girl is overly obsessed with dresses and fashion, but also really good at designing clothes. Clothes aren’t really my thing, but I will admit, her designs are pretty good. She even acts like a drama queen at times whenever she sees a speck of dirt or when she broke her fingernail. While she is a generous person, but she really needs to lighten up a little.

Then there’s Skittles.

I called her that because her rainbow hair reminds me of that delicious candy I tried once.

Anyway, this girl is all definition of cool! It’s like meeting my long-lost sister, but as a human instead of a hedgehog. She plays all kinds of sports, plays guitar, loves adventures and best of all, she’s super-fast, like me! I would LOVE to have a race against her… if not for circumstances.

The sixth girl was Brainiac. She can be socially awkward at times, but she’s very nice and super smart! And by super smart, I mean supercomputer level smart! She loves to read and experimenting on anything she can get her hands on.

I… just hope she won’t try to experiment me if she knows all about my existence.

Speaking of which, the last and my favorite girl of the group, was the Equestrian Girl, aka Sunset Shimmer! You are all probably thinking “how do I know her name”? Well… I know her because... we're pen pals!

Let me explain. After some time on Earth, I decided to take a jog to my favorite place, Canterlot Park. It was just an ordinary day when she caught my attention. I recognized that girl as one of the students from CHS, but she was known as the biggest bully of the school. However, I don’t see that same girl who wears a smug expression, I see a girl who looked all sad and alone sitting on the bench in an empty park. Which was understandable because she was like that after the “event” from her school I witnessed a week before.

It was a tough week for her to say the least. She kept her distance from everyone out of shame with guilt and fear from everyone’s anger. I could tell that she felt terrible and was really sorry for what she did and didn't know what to do. I felt pity for the young girl and didn’t want to see anyone suffer, so I decided to give her some words of encouragement by writing her a letter (after I “borrowed” a piece of paper and pen from some guy working on a crossword puzzle) and left it next to her near the rock when she wasn’t looking.

My letter seems to have an effect on her the moment I saw her eyes lit up and smiled for the first time. After that, she started reaching out to the girls I mentioned (sans Brainiac since she was still at another school at the time) and apologized to every person in school. For someone to try to make everything up for what they did wrong and to be a better person was not only brave but admirable as well! It wasn’t an easy road for her, but she was eventually forgiven by everyone and I was proud of her for that. And for whatever reason, she left me her letter at that same spot under the rock to thank me and wanted to meet with me! I turned it down (for obvious reasons) but we continued to communicate with each other since. I’m also happy to say that not only has she become one of the group, but she also used her skills to help others. Due to her own experience, she became a very empathic person, especially to anyone who used Equestrian Magic.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention! Apparently, Sunset used to be a unicorn from another world, hence the nickname I gave her! Crazy right? Then again, I’m a talking super speed blue hedgehog from another world myself, so I’m one to talk.

Anyway, according to her, she came to this world after she and her mentor had some kind of “disagreement”. Remember what I said about the “event” I witnessed that night? I don’t know what happened exactly, but Sunset originally used magic on the school to “settle her score” with her mentor but someone else and those girls stopped her and changed her ways. Even after she reformed, she stuck around to help and stop whatever remaining Equestrian Magic was on the loose. I guess she still felt bad for letting this happen and wanted to make up for it, but I think her actions alone were more than enough!

There was one person in town who was actually on to me! And she calls me the Blue Devil! Can you believe it? People at her school called her Crazy Lyra. She went after me ever since we “bumped into” each other when she was younger. She tried to come up with ways to catch me, but I outsmarted her every single time! We have fun together!

Although I feel kinda bad for leaving her hanging the other night!

Anyway, Crazy Lyra aside, these girls are special! Along with Sunset, these girls have their own special powers to help out the community in town without asking for anything in return. But despite those powers, they were just ordinary teenage girls and did normal things, but that didn’t stop them from helping others in need. That… was really inspiring to me, which was why I was “with” these girls for so long.

That… sounded a little creepy after saying that out loud.

Throughout the years, I’ve seen them doing all sorts of activities together; drinking milkshakes, playing sports, hosting fundraisers, playing music for their band, and movie nights (my favorite). Basically, we’re best friends… even though we haven’t met yet. I would love to meet and befriend these girls for real!

...but I can’t.

Because of my power, it’s too dangerous to meet with other people, even if they’re friendly. Longclaw instructed me to always stay out of sight and run no matter what, but lately… being self-isolated for so long not only makes me a bit crazy… but lonely too. Sometimes, I would often wish that I’m just like them, a normal person with no powers so that I could befriend them or anyone for that matter. But… that's not gonna happen. As much as I want to befriend them, I have to stay out of sight and remain hidden.

Even if I have to be alone… forever.

Author's Note:

Poor Sonic! :fluttershysad:

Anyway, I hope this is a good introduction of Sonic and we'll learn more about him later on in the story.

As for notes/references:
Daring Do and the Secret Rings is an obvious reference to Sonic and the Secret Rings game for the Nintendo Wii!

Stay tuned for the next week for the next chapter! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next