• Published 10th Oct 2020
  • 14,116 Views, 1,189 Comments

Equestria Girls: Sonic the Hedgehog - sonicfan05



After the two groups meet up due to circumstances, Sonic and the Equestria Girls must team up to defeat an evil genius, who wants to use his power for world domination, while on the run from the government lead by a special agent.

  • ...
13
 1,189
 14,116

PreviousChapters Next
Deleted Scenes

As promised, here are some deleted scenes/ideas I almost wrote into the story, but then they were removed/changed for various reasons. The list of why they were removed will be explained in the author's note below.

Enjoy!

They soon arrived at Canterlot Park and there were only a few people around. Some were either jogging, walking their dogs, or just resting on their benches. As for Sunset and Twilight, the two of them were simply strolling through the park, enjoying the scenery around them. At some point, while they were walking through the park, Sunset noticed that they were approaching her usual bench. As Twilight got closer to it with each step, Sunset began to get worried.

Did Twilight find out about my letters? Sunset thought nervously.

Just as they were getting closer to the bench, Sunset squeezed her eyes shut and shout, “STOP!”

Twilight stopped in her tracks and turned to her friend with concern. Before she could ask, Sunset spoke.

“How long?”

Twilight tilted her head in confusion. “How long what?”

Sunset frowned. “How long did you know?”

Twilight blinked. “How long did I know… what?”

“Twilight… please don’t play games with me,” Sunset shouted, not sounding a little upset. “If you are going to tell me about this, then please tell me now, but I rather you not mentioning to our friends!”

“Sunset… what are you talking about?” Twilight asked, now becoming worried for Sunset.

Sunset paused, also feeling confused. “I was talking about my bench?”

“Bench?” Twilight turned towards the bench in question. “You mean… that bench?”

Sunset blinked. “You… were not taking me to that bench?”

Twilight shook her head. “No. I was going to take you to the woods behind that bench.”

“Oh…” Sunset drooped, both in embarrassment and feeling foolish for jumping to conclusions.

She looked up when she felt a hand touch her shoulder and looked right at her friend’s worried expression.

“Sunset… is there something wrong?” Twilight asked softly. “And why are you so nervous about this bench?”

Realizing that she practically exposed herself and didn’t want to worry her friend some more, Sunset decided to tell Twilight the truth. She let out a heavy sigh.

“Do you promise you’ll keep this between us?” she asked quietly. “It’s nothing serious, I promise!”

Twilight nodded. “Of course Sunset!”


The trio quickly ducked behind the bushes and listened to the exchange between The Equestria Girls and the scarred lady. They began to panic when they heard the scarred lady’s demand to surrender themselves for her, presuming for Twilight’s safety as an exchange.

"Oh man, this is bad girls!” Scootaloo whispered with an alarmed expression. “Our sisters and the others are in trouble!"

"What should we do?" Sweetie Belle inquired, fearing for her sister’s safety.

Scootaloo thought for a second, trying to find the best way to help both their sisters and Twilight from danger. Then an idea came to her. She quickly turned to Apple Bloom.

“Apple Bloom, do you still have those fireworks on you we bought from Trixie for Rainbow Dash’s birthday party a while back?” Scootaloo asked.

Apple Bloom gave Scootaloo a flat look. “Ah did… Ah remembered Ah got grounded fer possessin’ them. Why?”

Scootaloo motioned her friends to come closer to her and then she quietly explained her plan to them. When she was finished, her friends stared at her as if she had just grown a second head.

“Scoots… are ya crazy!” Apple Bloom exclaimed but kept her voice down. “It’s too risky! What if we hit Twilight by accident? Or even our sisters?”

“Not to mention, this is Trixie’s fireworks!” Sweetie Belle added with a squeak. “We don’t know if they’re reliable!”

Scootaloo pointed at Twilight and the scarred lady. “That scary lady is holding Twilight hostage and our friends couldn’t do anything while holding her, so we don’t have a choice!”

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle exchange each other’s looks, still feeling conflicted. Despite how crazy Scootaloo’s idea was, they were more worried about their sisters, not wanting that lady to take them away. With a silent nod of agreement, the two turned their sights on Scootaloo again.

“Fine, we’ll do it… but Ah need help to set up and to aim!”

The trio quickly got to work as they pulled Trixie’s firework rocket from Apple Bloom’s backpack and set it up. They knew that they were running out of time, so they need to set this up as fast as they can. As they put they were putting together the set, they heard a slight commotion behind them, coming from Rainbow Dash. They began to feel nervous when they heard the scarred lady telling them to come quietly again.

Thankfully, the CMCs finished setting up their rocket in record time. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle pointed the rocket towards the lady while Scootaloo took the match that was for the firepit out of her pocket, preparing to light it. They only have one shot at this and it had to be accurate.

“On mah mark…” Apple Bloom muttered, still adjusting the aim of the rocket.

Scootaloo lit up the match and hovered it over the line, getting into position. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were finally on set with their aim just as Sunset was about to answer the scary lady’s demand.

“Fire!” Apple Bloom shouted.

Scootaloo lit up the line and then the rocket took off.


Tempest stepped inside Zappers and surveyed the area. Once she spotted a certain teenage group, she walked right over to them.

"Hey!" Tempest announced, getting the Washouts' attention. She then showed them a photo of the Equestria Girls "A little birdie told me that you three confronted a certain group of girls and knew the last of their whereabouts.

Lightning Dust just stared blankly at the picture before she turned away. “Never saw them before in my life!”

Tempest's eyes narrowed. “You’re lying!”

“Hey!” Rolling Thunder retorted. “The boss told you all she knows. Now you could either thank her and get out, or me and my partner here will show you the way out!”

Short Fuse simply grunt and cracked his knuckles.

Tempest smirked. “Well… maybe you and your friend are the ones who need to leave!”

“Oh, is that so?” Rolling Thunder sneered before charging at Tempest. “Well, I’ll show you, you dirty little–”

Before Rolling Thunder could land a punch, Tempest swept her leg and kicked Rolling Thunder’s legs, causing Rolling to trip and fell behind the food counter. Tempest then quickly performed a round-house kick and kicked Short Fuse away from her, broke through another window, and landed roughly outside.

Tempest slowly faced Lightning Dust who had a look of shock and fear.

"Now, I’ll ask you again… where did they run off to?" Tempest growl.

“E-East!” Lightning answered quickly, cowering away from Tempest. “T-they were heading in the east direction towards Manehatten! T-that’s all I know! I swear!

“...much obliged!” Tempest nodded as she slowly turned around and headed to the door. Lighting let out a sigh of relief until Tempest called her again.

“Oh, and one more thing!” she added. "...I would like to borrow your bike!"


“Sorry to interrupt,” Sonic spoke up suddenly with a disgusted expression. “But pasta and potato sandwich on sourdough?”

“What? It was the most awesome meal on the planet!” Rainbow Dash said indignantly.

Sonic gave Rainbow a skeptical look. “That’s a bit of a stretch. I highly doubt it was editable.”

“Says the hedgehog who spends his time eating garbage!” Rainbow retorted, only to wince from her words. “Er… no offense.”

“...none taken,” Sonic sighed.


“Oh, no, they’re coming!” Micro Chips screamed in a panic.

“Go send your message Officer Armor! We’ll keep them busy!” said Flash.

With a nod, Shining Armor rushed into the room, locking the door while the three boys stood outside.

When the three agents finally caught up to them, the leader glared daggers at them.

“Alright kids, step aside and let us into that room!” An agent threatened.

“Well, you wanna get in there, you’ll have to get through us first!” Flash declared.

Sandalwood nodded with a determined look. “Yeah!”

“Well… mostly them,” Micro Chips added meekly, pointing at his friends and receiving looks from his friends.


"Next!" An officer watching over the traffic for the day hollered.

He blinked when a bus, or at least what was left of it, came up with seven people wearing fedora outfits and mustaches. One of them looked blue for some reason.

"Uh… license?" He asked.

The one with the cowboy hat handed over her license (which was fake).

As he studied the license, he glanced up at the group. "What's up with your bus?"

The one with the curly pink hair answered. "Oh, we picked this up from a nearby junkyard. We are hoping to fix this up so we can use it for our circus performance tonight!"

"...makes sense to me!" The man said with a shrug before he gave the license back to the driver. "Be careful on the road, and welcome to Manehatten."

The driver nodded. "Thanks! Have a nice day!"

As the bus drove away from the guard, Sunset, still wearing her disguise blinked in disbelief.

"I can't believe that actually works!"

Pinkie smirked. “Never underestimate the power of mustache!


Despite struggling with the unknown magic, Tempest simply stared at Grubber, feeling betrayed by her partner. "You… you worked for Robotnik all this time?"

"Indeed I am!" Grubber confirmed with a toothy grin. "Despite that I'm working 'with' you, I'm actually working for my uncle as his double agent!”

Robotnik scowled. “How many times I have to tell you not to call me ‘Uncle’!” His eyes narrowed. “How would you like it if I call you by your real name, ‘Snively Grubber Robotnik’?

Grubber cringed at the name. “Alright, alright! Just… please don’t call me Snively!” He shivered. “I’ve been bullied all my life because of that cursed name!”


Spike narrowed his eyes at the mean man before turning his gaze onto his right arm. Just as Princess Twilight was about to spill the beans, Spike leaped down from where he was standing and gave Grubber a huge bite on his arm.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!” Grubber screamed in pain.

He then tried to shake Spike off of his arm, but Spike held on to his arm tightly with an iron grip.

“Let go!” Grubber shouted, shaking his arm. “Let go of me you stupid dog!”

By that point, the other Twilight and the rest of the gang eventually caught up to them and Twilight let out a loud gasp.

“Spike!”

Having finally reached his boiling point, Grubber waved his arm so hard, he threw Spike off of him and he landed on the console. Before Spike could recover, Grubber held Spike in place, glaring at him with rage.

“I have enough of this!” He spat as he held his stun gun at Spike. “Time to become mincemeat!

Spike whimpered and shut his eyes, expecting Grubber to do his worst to him.

Author's Note:

Here are the reasons why these scenes/ideas didn't make the cut:

1. In Twilight's Field Study chapter, originally, I have Sunset confess to Sci-Twi about her friendship with Sonic, fears about graduation, and issues with their friends pretty early in the story. But then I decided to hold off on that scene until Sonic vs. Rainbow Dash (Pt. 2) chapter instead just to flow the story better.

2. The CMCs originally used Trixie's fireworks rocket to distract Tempest and free Sci-Twi. But then I quickly realized that this was a bad idea because the CMCs were minors and shouldn't be using fireworks. The fact that Trixie sold these fireworks to them was even worse. So I changed the scene for the CMCs to use a rocket from their science project instead.

3. For Motel and Alleyway chapter, I had a fun scene in mind with Tempest arriving at Zappers Arcade and interrogating/beating up the Washouts for the Equestria Girls location (which is a fun nod to the scene from Sonic X's The Adventures of Knuckles and Hawk) before borrowing Lightning Dust's motorcycle. But because I need to include Grubber in that chapter and couldn't fit this scene with him, this idea was scrapped.

4. In An Olive Branch chapter with Sonic and Rainbow Dash talking things out, at some point, I have Sonic pointing out how disgusting Rainbow's favorite food must have tasted, only for Rainbow to counter about him eating garbage as a comedic moment. But because this didn't match the serious and somber tone of the chapter, I cut that part out.

5. In the Intermission chapter with Shining Armor, originally I have Flash, Sandalwood, and Micro Chips defend the door while Shining Armor sends his message to Cadance. But I decided to change it to them holding the door from inside the room because I don't think Shining would let the teens fight against three adult-trained agents, nor do I think those teens could hold them off so easily.

6. In Rooftop Confrontation chapter, Grubber originally revealed that his full name was "Snively Grubber Robotnik" and turned out to be Robotnik's nephew as a callback to Snively from Archie's Sonic comics. But then I thought that I was pushing the envelope with so many twists in this story, including Grubber as a traitor enough as it is. Revealing that Grubber as "Snively" would be overkill and didn't fit his character. So I dropped that idea.

7. In Equestria Girls vs. Grubber chapter, the dialog for Grubber was changed. He originally said to Spike that he'll make him into mincemeat while holding his stun gun to Spike's face. After some thought, I realized that it was too much, so I removed the "gun" and made Grubber say "You’ll pay for this, pooch!" instead.


Anyway, that's it for the deleted scenes. But don't go away... there is one more bonus chapter coming your way! :raritywink:

PreviousChapters Next