• Published 11th Apr 2020
  • 7,480 Views, 157 Comments

Flurry Heart's Story: Elements Assemble! - AleximusPrime



Tired of her boring life in the Crystal Empire, Flurry Heart is called to Ponyville. She quickly finds herself thrust into adventure as the townsfolk are threatened by a red, horned monster.

  • ...
8
 157
 7,480

6. Lunch with the "Teacher Six"

After unpacking and getting settled into her room, Flurry was ready to go see the sights of Ponyville. Spike walked her through the town, showing her a few spots she hadn’t been to yet. They didn’t stop at any of them since they were going to meet the teachers first, but Spike promised her he’d take her to them throughout her stay. She kept getting stares of amazement from random villagers. They were friendly; though Flurry was getting a little tired of hearing them refer to her as “your highness” over and over again. It only reminded her of the things about home that she didn’t like, but she did her best to be nice to them and just wave back politely.

“Princess! So nice to have you here!” said one stallion she walked past.

“Oh, your highness! Welcome!” said a mare on the other side.

“Getting a little annoying, eh?” Spike said to Flurry.

“A little,” she replied. “It’s okay. I know they’re trying to be nice.”

“Well anyways, I think that about does it for the more tourist-focused center of town,” Spike continued as he pointed towards various streets. “Down this street is the town hall. If you take a left when you get there, that’s the street that eventually takes you back around to where we started at the castle. This bridge leads to Sweet Apple Acres where Applejack and her family live, that street can take you to Sugarcube Corner and the Carousel Theater, which used to be Rarity’s old boutique when she lived here, this little dirt road leads to Fluttershy’s cottage right on the edge of Everfree Forest, and it’s a bit far from here, but Rainbow Dash’s house is way over on the other end of town on a little street just outside of Ponyville.”

“So they all still live here except Rarity. What about Pinkie? Is she in Ponyville at the moment?” Flurry asked.

“Pinkie and Cheese went out a few weeks ago to work on a string of events happening all over Equestria. Ever since she started dating him, they’ve been traveling all over the place, planning all sorts of crazy parties.”

“I wish she were here.”

“Oh don’t worry. Once she finds out you’re visiting, she’ll make it here. I promise.”

“Good. I really want to see if I can get at least one chance to visit the rest of Twilight’s friends.”

“Yo, Spike!” called a voice from behind.

Spike and Flurry turned around to see a colt with a spring-green coat, shaggy aqua-colored hair and a cutie mark of three sea turtles. This was Sandbar, the earth pony in the “Student Six” group who rose to prominence after they stopped the crazed young filly, Cozy Glow from draining all magic from Equestria. He was the easy-going, chill member of the group and was a teacher at the school like the rest of them.

“Sandbar! There you are!” Spike said, giving him a hoof-bump. “Flurry, this is Sandbar. Sandbar, Flurry Heart.”

“Your highness, it’s great to have you here!” Sandbar said, bowing politely to her.

“It’s great to finally meet you, Sandbar! And it’s okay, you can just call me Flurry,” she giggled.

“Oh sorry, your hi…er, I mean Flurry,” he said, bashfully. “Well hey, I got the rest of the gang together over in front of a new hayburger joint in town. You guys ready to hang out there?”

“Oh you know it! Flurry’s having the time of her life so far. Right, Flurry?”

“You bet!” Flurry said, happily. “Sorry I didn’t get to see you and the other teachers any other time I was here, Sandbar. I’ve heard so much about you guys; how you stopped Cozy Glow and then helped out when she, Tirek and Chrysalis all attacked Canterlot.”

“Aw yeah. Those were the times.”



A few minutes later, Sandbar had led Flurry and Spike to a nearby restaurant where his friends were waiting for them. At one end of the table was Gallus the griffon. Gallus was the de facto leader of the group. He started off as a loner and a rule-breaker when he first attended the School of Friendship, but he quickly grew fond of all the others and they bonded well throughout their years in the school. Sitting next to him was his now-girlfriend, Silverstream the hippogriff. She was the bubbly, scatterbrained member of the group. She was more mature now than she was in her youth, but still enjoyed a good laugh on many occasions. Beside her was Smolder the dragon, the more gutsy and daring member, who started off much like Gallus, but also developed a soft side over the years. On the other side was Yona the yak and Ocellus the changeling. Yona was the large and loveable girl who spoke with broken grammar and sometimes didn’t know her own strength, but had grown very sociable with non-yaks ever since she entered the school. Ocellus used to be rather timid, being a changeling who reformed some time during the changeling rebellion that King Thorax led against Queen Chrysalis, but she grew very fond of the others and was very well educated. They were all listening to Gallus as he was going on about some of his plans for the summer after a long year of teaching.

“Well I don’t know about you guys, but I for one could really use another trip to Fillydelphia some time this year,” he said.

“If you’re going, I’m goin with ya, sweetie,” said Silverstream, hugging him.

“Alright. Any other takers?”

“Depends on when Gallus and Silver go. Yak not sure if it line up with her schedule too well. Might need to visit family at some point in Yakyakistan, but Yak try,” said Yona.

“I wanna see if I can make it. Filly’s pretty awesome during the summer,” Smolder added.

“Let’s not forget about Flurry, guys,” Ocellus said. “She’s gonna be here for a few weeks and we need to help her make friends around Ponyville.”

“Yeah, it’s just too bad she can’t stay longer. Twilight’s letter made it sound like she really hates the Crystal Empire,” Smolder replied as she leaned back in her chair with her hands behind her head.

“Aw, I’m sure she doesn’t like HATE hate the Crystal Empire,” Silverstream said.

“Well she not have good time there for sure,” Yona added. “Teachers need to be there for her. Princess Flurry have great time in Ponyville.”

“Speaking of which!” Gallus said pointing over to Sandbar as he brought in Flurry and Spike.

“FLURRY HEART! Welcome to Ponyville!” Silverstream squealed.

“Alright Flurry, you’ve already met me, so this is Gallus, Silverstream, Yona, Smolder, and Ocellus,” Sandbar said, pointing to all his friends.

“Hey, everyone!” Flurry said, waving to them. “I’ve heard all about you guys, and it feels great to finally see you in person.”

“We’re happy to finally see you too, Princess,” said Ocellus.

“She prefers Flurry, Ocellus,” Spike teased.

“Oh, I’m sorry! I mean Flurry,” she said, nervously.

“Princess is fine, just so long as it’s not ‘your highness’ or ‘your excellency’ or ‘your worship’ or something. It kinda weirds me out when the delegates say that to me and my parents back at home,” Flurry sarcastically explained as she sat at the other end of the table.

“Well hey, we’ll make you feel as comfortable as we possibly can here in Ponyville,” Smolder replied.

“We all happy you here, Flurry,” Yona chimed in. “Summer vacation just start and other teachers really happy to finally be on break, and we even happier we get to help you out with making some friends in Ponyville!”

Flurry smiled cheerfully.

“Thanks everypony…er, I mean evercreature,” she said, nervously.

“Eh, you can say ‘everypony’, we’re used to it,” Gallus said, just as the unicorn waitress pony came by to drop off a few appetizers that the others had already ordered.

“Alright guys, here are your appetizers. And your meals will be ready in…OH!” she said as she noticed she was in the presence of royalty. “Princess Flurry Heart! Your highness, I was not expecting you to dine at our little restaurant!”

“Oh it’s no problem, ma’am. I’d just like a small, well-done hayburger with ketchup and some ice water.” Flurry responded.

“Of course, Princess! We’ll have it right away!” the waitress said as she ran off with sweat drops going down her forehead. She ran past the swinging double doors to the kitchen entrance and shouted to the workers. “Look alive, everypony! We’ve got royalty out here! Make that hayburger the finest ever!”

Everyone looked back to Flurry who already looked a bit disappointed. Even though she had just gotten done telling the others that she would prefer to not be called “your highness”, she knew she’d have to put up with it coming from other ponies in the village. She looked up to Spike who was shrugging his shoulders while smiling. Doing her best to not want to act moody in front of everyone, she smiled back to remain positive.

“So tell us, Flurry, was it difficult making friends back in the Crystal Empire?” Gallus asked.

“Eh, sort of. The ponies around me are usually too posh and high-nosed. There are a few that are kind of nice in my class, but I feel like they just want to be my friend so they can brag that they know the princess or something.”

“Well, that’s not very nice,” Smolder said before popping a small fried mushroom into her mouth. “Don’t worry, Flurry. We got this. We’re gonna make sure we find the right friends for you here!”

“Hehe, good rhyme, Smoldy!” Silverstream giggled.

“Thanks, but I’m scared I won’t have enough time,” Flurry replied. “Mom and Dad made it sound like I’m just going to spend about two weeks here. That’s a good long vacation, but I wish I could stay longer is all.”

The teachers all paused for a minute and exchanged glances until Gallus finally spoke up.

“It might not be a lot of time, but we’ll get it figured out,” he said. “The six of us are on break for the summer and we have a few school-related duties to do, but we’ll do our best to make your stay worthwhile. There’s still a lot we can show you, and you can hang out with us any time. Some of the ‘Mane Six’ might be available for a visit too.”

“And I’m obviously available any time, Flurry,” Spike said, patting her on the head. “Well guys, here’s to Flurry!”

“Here’s to Flurry!” the others chimed in.

Spike put his glass of water that had already been prepared for him in the air and the others grabbed theirs while Sandbar picked his drink up with his mouth and then placed it on top of his hoof. Spike continued the toast.

“May she have the best summer vacation ever and make some awesome friends and continue to prove that friendship is magic!”

The others sipped their drinks and Flurry blushed while smiling gratefully. Suddenly, the waitress and several others came in next to Flurry with her meal already done.

“Your burger, your highness…” the waitress said as she put a fancy, diamond-studded plate in front of Flurry with a large lid covering it. She lifted the lid and revealed that there was way more than just a burger underneath.

“Thank you…oh, um…,” Flurry said as she looked confusedly at the platter.

“…with extra crispy, seasoned fries. And for your drink, we brought you the water like you asked, but here is a large chocolate milk with a striped swizzle straw,” the waitress continued with a big smile on her face.

“Uh, thanks, but…”

“And for desert, one of our extra special chocolate mousse cakes with a cherry on top!”

“Thanks,” Flurry said, flatly.

“It’s all on us, your highness! It’s the least we could do for our special guest!”

As the waiters all left, Flurry stared at the food before her and then laid her head on the edge of the table, looking miserable. All the others looked worried, but Spike finally spoke up.

“You, want us to help eat some of that for you?”

Flurry looked at Spike and then a smile finally appeared on her face.

“Yeah, that would help," she said. "You guys can fight over the cake; I’m not in the mood for any dessert. And feel free to have the fries and chocolate milk."

“With pleasure,” Smolder said as she took a pinch of the fries.

“Well, are we that surprised? This place is known for its service after all,” Sandbar jested as the others began to laugh.

Flurry joined in with the laughter and felt a little better now. Even with some of the townsfolk treating her a bit too highly, she already felt good around the teachers and Spike. She knew her time in Ponyville would be worthwhile.