• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 7,242 Views, 156 Comments

Only Human - Burritoburger



Pinkie Pie wishes for a human. Her wish comes true.

  • ...
19
 156
 7,242

Ch. 2: Greetings

Only Human
Ch. 2: Greetings

"Ugh..."
Isaac moaned as his brain registered the blurry images his eyes were monitoring. Only seeing a yellow and pinkish color in front of him, he registered the yellow as Talia's blonde hair, and her unnecessary balloons.
"Talia? Thank god Talia, I had the strangest dream, there were ponies, and glowing bushes, and-"
His eyes shot open. His brain recognized all his life and past memories. He wasn't at Talia's house. he isn't talking to Talia. Neither is he married to her.

"What the hell?!" Was the only thing necessary to the situation, as Isaac pushed himself to the end of the room, where six pairs of eyes were watching, one which had a certain gleam. Of happiness. Of course it was on the pink one.
"Uh... Hi." The lavender unicorn with a deep violet color in her hair, consisting of a pink stripe in both her mane and tail greeted. The rest consisted of a yellow pegasus with a pink mane and an incredibly shy nature, as she was consistently shaking and hiding behind a blue pegasus with a mane and tail consisting of all the colors of the spectrum. Next to her was a white unicorn with a purple, curly styled mane and tail. She had a solid cobalt eye color, one that stands out from the rest of her. Beside her was an orange... horse? No. Smaller. Pony with a ponytail on her mane and tail, and Isaac took note at the unintentional pun. Her mane and tail were a thick yellow, and she wore a cowboy hat. In front of her was a pink pony with a frazzled mane, an unnatural beam spread across her face. It took Isaac a second to examine her due to her constant bouncing.

"Where am I? Who are you? Why can you talk? Why is it so colorful? Why was I inside a box?" Isaac let his mouth move on it's own as his brain constantly registered the different ponies and hints about what nature they might be like, what they might do, if they would do something over the other. It was a bit of a sixth sense for Isaac, where his mind started ringing bells at a person and evaluating every detail he can forge with what little information he has. It impressed everyone he knew, really. He could know what kind of eggs a person might prefer over the other just from bodily movements. He could also tell what they do as a hobby or job depending on different markings or patterns. If they repeatedly tap their fingers in a pattern at their waist, they are probably a piano player.

Isaac wishes to be a detective when he grows up.

"Slow down. We're here to help." The violet unicorn said again.

"Help? From what I understand, one of you kidnapped me!" Isaac retorted.

"Chill, dude." Said a voice from above him.

Isaac looked up to notice he hadn't backed into a wall, but a turntable. A white unicorn with blue and lighter blue streaked mane and purple goggles looked down at him. Isaac stood up and slowly moved away, careful not to do any harm to his stiff calves.

"I want some answers. Right now." Isaac pointed to the white unicorn, and then towards the group.

"Okay." The purple one sighed. Her horn started glowing an unworldly purple and a chair surrounded in the same aura floated in from the door frame. It rested in the middle of the floor, where Isaac stared at it, and back at the unicorn.

"Sit." She said, gesturing towards the chair in the center of the room. Isaac, after hesitating for a few seconds, trudged to the chair and promptly leaned against the back. He attempted to stretch, but stopped after feeling a slight pain in his back. The yellow pegasus, who appeared to be the most observant of all, gasped and rushed to his side, where Isaac slightly slid away.

"Is there something wrong with your back?" She asked in a tender voice, yet not as quiet and out of range such as when Isaac was stuck in the box. Isaac took a look in her eyes for a second and agreed with his instinct that he couldn't deny such a wonderful offer from such a nice pony. He sighed.

"It's just a pulled muscle, I think." Isaac responded, and the yellow pegasus rushed towards the kitchen.

"Alright. Now any sorta' question ya wanna ask, we can answer." The southern accent found it's owner to be the orange pony with a hat.

"First, where am I?" Isaac asked.

"You're in Equestria. Where we ponies live in harmony. It's ruled over by the two Princesses, Celestia and Luna." Fluttershy trotted back into the room with something of a leather pad hanging out of her mouth. She said what Isaac presumed was "lean forward" and he followed, wincing in slight pain of the unforgiving back muscle. She felt where it was and told him to lean back. Doing so, she quickly dropped the pad so it was pressed against his muscle and the chair. The soothing warmth of the pad enlightened his back, and he felt a small chunk of his worries slowly melt away.

"I know, how about we trade questions. Where are you from?" The purple unicorn asked.
"I'm from Earth, a place run by us humans. Except for the fact that we don't really have Princesses or Queens anymore except in England. I think. But there are multiple places run by humans, and the leader of where I live is called the president. It's a bit harder to explain, but basically, the humans run the whole planet we live in." Isaac explained, stopping for every few seconds to notice of they were following with his explanation.

"There are more of them?" The white unicorn asked.

"Yeah. It's actually surprising to me that you all speak the same language as me. There are tons of languages on Earth."

"What languages?"

"No. Trade questions, remember? Now, what are all of your names?" Isaac asked, pointing to all of the ponies in his line of sight.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle."

"The name's Dash. Rainbow Dash."

"My name is Fluttershy."

"You can call me Rarity, darling."

"Mah name's Applejack."

"And I'm Pinkie Pie! Your new best friend!"

Isaac didn't hear the last part, as his breath shattered and he fell out of his chair laughing. Despite the pain in his back, it was worth it.

"What? What's so funny?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"Is there something in my mane?" Rarity asked, as a look of panic flashed her face.

"No! It's your names!" Isaac responded between laughs.

"What's wrong with them?" Rainbow Dash asked, looking a bit mad, in which Isaac held up his hands as if he was innocent. As soon as his laughs were reduced to little snorts here and there.

"It's just that on Earth, we have names like John, Mary, Cody, and everything like that. But not Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash!"

"HEY!"

The laughs were over as soon as Isaac was on the ground with a mean blue pegasus staring him in the face.

"Don't make fun of my friends or me, got it?"

"I got it, I didn't mean it as an offense." Isaac made a mental note note not to piss off Rainbow Dash anymore. She slowly hovered off of him and flew back with the small crowd, keeping a close eye on him.

"Alright, next question. What's your name?" Twilight asked.

"Just call me Isaac. Technically, I was named after a famous human who's name was Isaac Newton. Or maybe my parents went into the future to this day and named me after the hurricane in Florida." Isaac shrugged, thinking it was a funny idea.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Isaac." Twilight said with a cheerful little smile.

"Well, can you still tell me why you kidnapped me?" Isaac asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Hey, am I gonna play any music or what?" The white pony at the turntable called.

"No, that will be fine." Twilight responded, turning the pony into a grumbling mess who was packing up her stuff.

"Okay, well, ever since she was a filly, Pinkie here has been wishing she had a human."

"As like what, a pet?" Isaac asked.

"Not exactly. Every Hearth's Warming Eve, Pinkie always wished for a human to, well, be best friends with. And recently, her sisters died of a nasty disease, and she was sulking. So, I used a spell that grabbed a being from another dimension and took them here..."

"Wait, wait, wait. You kidnapped me because your friend's sisters died and wants me to be her best friend?"

"...Yes."

"What?! I live in that universe! I have friends and families there! Imagine how sick with worry they must be because I'm gone!"

---

Greg looked next to his desk, ignoring the boring teacher. The empty desk looked disturbingly familiar, especially the pencil markings on the underside.

"Coulda' sworn someone I knew sat there... Oh well." Greg continued to draw on his arm with a marker.

---

"I want you to put me back in my universe this instant!" Isaac yelled.

"Chill, dude." Said the white unicorn walking out of the building, which Isaac now noticed to be a library.

"No! Don't leave!" Pinkie begged, who was now hugging his legs. Isaac looked down at her, then back up at the group, where Applejack and Rarity slowly nodded their heads.

"...Fine."

"Yay! We're gonna have so much fun! Come on! I'll show you where Sugarcube Corner is!"

Isaac didn't argue as the pink pony dragged him out of the library and into the open air.