• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 5,366 Views, 82 Comments

The Honeymoon - Spica

  • ...
14
 82
 5,366

Oh, buck it!

Royal Guard Captain and recently crowned Prince Shining Armor loved his wife, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, more informally known as Princess Cadence.

The happy couple finally contracted marriage after some years of dating, as per Cadence’s own dispositions. The Princess of Love is one mare who knows better than anyone how serious real love is, and didn’t settle for anything less than pure bliss. It was a hard gained one, nonetheless, as they were no different to any other couple in the kingdom of Equestria, with their ups and downs. Shining Armor did however perform exceptionally in all his functions.

Their final test came at the wedding itself, when a race of creatures that feed on emotion known as changelings almost conquered the castle and the city. In the end, despite all their dastardly machinations, Shining Armor's and Cadence’s love prevailed, liberating ponykind of a terrible fate. The marriage was then celebrated at last and the happy couple rode in their carriage towards the horizon. Their destination: Coastal metropoli Baltimare, ashore of the Horseshoe Bay.


The pegasi driven carriage finally landed just before the hotel. The prestigious Le Parker Mareidien was the one their aunts had recommended, not too far away from the beach. A elegantly dressed bell-pony received them, opening the door for the just married couple to step down.

“Your Majesties, welcome to Le Parker Mareidien. Allow me to help with your luggage.”

Shining observed the hotel entry. Two sets of revolving doors led to an ample main hall. To the left a long service counter lay; in front of it another set of normal doors led to the restaurant. In front of the main entrance, the elevators and the stairs stood next to each other. Few ponies beside the employees walked around.

The unicorn bell-colt levitated their packages, not too numerous, and led them to the reception for their check-in. Once signed in, they were led to an elevator. Upon arriving to the tenth floor, they were led to their room, a double suite with a view to the nearby ocean. Shining looked through the crystal window, taking in the view of the bay in the distance. It left him breathless; the Royal Guard Captain had few opportunities to take on journeys such as this one. Cadence, despite being freer to do as she pleased, was a very hoofs-on Princess, just like her Aunts, and so didn’t enjoy such views too frequently as well.

They would have five wonderful days to enjoy the scenery and each other’s company aplenty. The Princess turned to her husband.

“What do you say, love? Beach?”

“Beach it is!”

They packed the necessary stuff for their walk to the shore and left the hotel, taking in the sight of Baltimare. They had done so previously, but it was their first time not worrying about official duties. Baltimare basically didn't differ much from Cantertot, being a cosmopolitan city. However, being located in the sea shore gave it a different atmosphere. They could breathe the saline aroma from the water and as they approached, the sound of the waves greeted them along with the sight of ponies, with the occasional gryphon walking around.

They settled for a spot just straight from where the street ended. Shining set up a towel and umbrella and they sat down to enjoy the sights, with the sun almost on the horizon line. Shining went in for a swim while Cadence stayed behind, enjoying the last of the suns rays. Shining felt the coolness of the water, the waves licking his coat, the salty taste in this tongue as he swam across the beach, enjoying every minute of it. Forty five minutes later, he laid beside Cadence, enjoying the soft colors of sunset together. After about an hour, they packed up and set out for a walk along the streets of the city, viewing its many marvels.

They finally came back to the hotel, and settled in at the restaurant for a ratatouille dish, prepared by an earth pony chef live in front of them.

Once they had eaten to their stomachs’ satisfaction, they returned to their suite at a leisurely pace, as Shining had recommended Cadence do.

Upon arriving on their floor, while they walked towards their destination, Cadence pushed herself playfully against her husband.

“We can always do more exercise, honey,” said the Princess in an equally playful tone, stressed especially on the last word. Shining just smiled, pushing back in the same way. They opened the suite’s door, which Cadence closed against herself.



And that was the beginning, Princess Celestia... It was a fun night, indeed. I must say I didn’t really expect that from Cadence. Hoo-boy...



Shining opened his eyes. He recognized the room he was in after some seconds. Turning his head, he found his wife sleeping, tightly embraced to him, a peaceful smile on her lips, but with a certain touch of mischievousness mixed in it. He looked at the bedroom window, the sun had already come out. Not too much later, Cadence began to stir and soon woke up.

“Oh, Shining... Good morning...”

“Good morning, honey,” answered the stallion, smiling.

“Shining...”

“Yes, Cadence?”

“You were delicious...,” said the Princess, with a voice half awake, but very sultry, playfully nibbling at Armor’s ear. He laughed, and pushed her playfully away.

“You naughty mare, you’re going to spend everything too soon...”

“I don’t think I could spend you too soon...”

He smiled and gave her a peck on the lips, which made the Princess smile just as wide as him. He leaped out of bed.

“I’m going to make breakfast for us two.”

“Sounds delicious...”

The happy couple ate Shining’s preparations, and then lazed around in bed for a while, before venturing out in the city. They walked around, seeing beautiful landscapes, statues, and visiting malls until Shining was exhausted from walking, and that’s for a Royal Guard. Cadence kept on seeing wonderful things to buy as souvenirs, and buy they did.

Returning to the hotel in the afternoon, Shining gave himself away to deep slumber while Cadence organized their gifts; she slept a little as well. By night, they attended a play in a theater nearby, finishing their night with a dinner it a neightalian restaurant, before going back to the suite. His eyes opened when he saw what she had floating in front of him.

“Holy Sun, Cadence! That’s... that’s...”

“Oh, Shining... I thought I had told you to leave your sword at home, honey...”


And that was the second night, Princess. She definitely deserves the title of Princess of Love... I hope I’m not being too indiscrete here...

It’s all right, my dear Shining. Please go on.

If Shining had thought the walk they day before was hurting, he reformatted his ideas after he woke up the next day. His muscles were aching; Cadence had had it good, as an alicorn. He got out of bed, and was greeted by the smell of fresh toast; he trotted to the kitchen, where his wife awaited with a delicious breakfast.

“Good morning, sweetheart!”

He devoured hungrily her offer, enjoying every single bite. They took a cold shower afterwards -the water woke up Shining’s muscles, making him feel quite better- and decided for a delicious day at the beach. The weather was just warm enough to be perfect.

Shining inflated a beach ball and they played happily for some time. Then they swam together, enjoying the clearness of the water and the occasional shy sea creature that passed by their side. After a couple of hours, they settled down in their towel and slept embraced to each other.

In retrospect, maybe sleeping under the sun wasn’t the best idea out there...

After waking up, they snuggled some more, simply watching the scenery, lulled by the sound of the waves hitting the shore, Shining treasured every moment, his blue eyes reflecting the glow of the sun. Around three in the afternoon, they went back to the hotel and relaxed at a spa it had on the last floor. Another hour was spent sleeping there and they then went down to the restaurant, asking for a simple dinner: pasta with cheese sauce.

Have you ever seen Lady and the Tramp? Besides that, I had sauce in my lip, and she did clean it good.

Once in the room, they sat next to each other. Cadence embraced him with her hooves, bringing him close to her. She whispered in his ear. He looked at her nervous.

“I really don’t know about that, honey...”

“Aww, come on, love... It’ll be fun...”

“And if it goes wrong?”

“Don’t you trust me, Shine?” She looked at him with the damn puppy eyes.

He looked back at her. “I guess a try wouldn’t hurt.”

“Oh, I know you’ll enjoy it...”



And enjoy it I did, Princess. It was weird not feeling some things, but I would’ve never even imagined how it felt during that... Every single movement was a electric surge going through my body, signals making me squirm and scream.... They flapped open, you know? I’d observed it in her, wondering how it’d be a couple of times, but of course never thought I’d experience it.

That is pretty intense, Shining. It’s a very rare occurrence, not to say it hasn’t happened, but the last case I had note of was about forty years ago...

I don’t know why I let myself get carried away...


Shining and Cadence woke up their fourth day in Baltimare. They looked at each other, laughing at first, until Cadence set off to deactivate the spell. It didn’t work.

“Come on, Cadence, don’t joke around...”

“I’m not joking, Shiny. It doesn’t come off...”

“Cadence...”

Cadence looked at her husband, tears coming down copiously. Shining himself was dumbstruck. Just what was happening?

They looked at the mirror and confirmed the veracity of their situation. They looked at each other.

“We’ll have to go back to Canterlot, Cadence. Your aunts are the only ones that can help us.”

“Yes, we’ll have to... I’m sorry, Shining. I didn’t mean for this to happen...”

“Please don’t cry now, love. We just have to turn this back to normal and everything will be fine.”

Shining and Cadence packed their things, checked out of the hotel and hired a carriage back to the Equestrian capital, where they would be just a few hours later.

Celestia was taking a stroll by the gardens when she saw the couple running to reach her.

“Cadence, Shining! So good to see you here! But isn’t it a day too early, dears?”

“Aunt, I’m Cadence,” said the unicorn stallion, gesticulating wildly.

“And I’m Shining Armor,” followed the pink alicorn, imitating “Cadence”.

Celestia tilted her head looking at the pair.

“Come again?”




“And that’s how we’re here, Princess.”

Cadence had locked her... himself … something, in her room just after greeting Celestia, leaving Shining Armor to explain everything.

“I’ve told Cadence to be more responsible with her spells. The body swap spell is a serious one. And as for you, I expected more common sense of the Royal Guard Captain.”

Shining Armor backpedalled, flipping his/her wings nervously. S/he bowed his head in apology. “I’m very ashamed, Princess.” S/he took a deep breath, looking at the Princess of the Sun.

“But there isn’t anything that could be done?”

“I’m afraid not, Shining. If we tried to repair it right now it would be catastrophic for all involved.”

The Shining!Cadence sighed deeply. “Then it’s true...”

Celestia looked at him and nodded gravely, though one could detect a hint of enjoyment in her face. S/he could easily tell Celestia was employing all her might not to crack up, but s/he had more pressing matters at the moment.

“I, Shining Armor, Captain of the Equestrian Royal Guard, am pregnant...”




The wisp of green flame materialized a letter, which Spike transmitted to Twilight Sparkle verbatim. The lavender unicorn heard its contents. Her eyebrows lifted.

“I’m going to be an aunt... And Shining Armor is its mother?”