• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 5,353 Views, 82 Comments

The Honeymoon - Spica

  • ...
14
 82
 5,353

The way the wind blew

The Captain of the Guard turned Royal Princess walked towards the door and opened it, looking down to see his sister with a deep frown marked on her face. Behind her stood Cadence on his own body.

“What is the meaning of this... brother?” A long pause bridged between the last word and the rest of the sentence, and every word was carried with Twilight’s characteristic angry voice.

“Twily---” Shining began, being cut before he could get much more in.

“Magic is not a toy and you are perfectly aware of it. You both should have been aware of it!” Each word coming out of Twilight’s mouth rang in Shining’s ears, as tears fell down the lavender unicorn’s cheeks, flowing copiously. “I can’t believe this.”

Without saying another word, she turned around and walked away -the sound of her sobbing being the only thing she left behind-. He looked at her leaving until she disappeared around a corner, heading towards the main hall. He then felt his wife putting his own white hoof on her own shoulder.

“Do you remember all the magical training Twilight and I did as foals?” He asked without looking at her, his eyes still fixed on the point at which his sister had vanished.


The lavender glow of Twilight’s magic surrounded the book, whose pages were being passed quickly in front of the white colt. It finally came to a halt at a certain page.

“And this is the most difficult spell we’re practicing this week! She told me it was a couple of levels more advanced that the one I’d normally be in. I’ve been trying it too hard, but there’s always something that doesn’t let me complete it...” Twilight’s voice carried on, squeaky, as Shining peered over the indicated spell, whistling in awe when he finished.

“It is a difficult one, really. Can you show me what you’ve got until now?”

Twilight looked at him, with a little uncertainty on her face, but nodded slowly. “I’ll try it.”


After the purple glow dissipated, Shining nodded, pensively. He looked at her, who was looking back at him, with her gleamy eyes that made him break apart, lest he die of cuteness. ‘Darn filly.’
“Maybe you’re trying too hard, Twilight. You’re leaking way too much magic, though not as much as what happened with Spike. You’ve got to reign in your instincts and look at it from another angle.”


“Reign in your instincts,” repeated the older stallion as the memory that had played in his mind vanished. He turned to look at his wife. “I’m sorry, Cadence. I should’ve really thought about it and stopped. We let ourselves get too far.”

“I know, Shining. But now it’s too far to beat ourselves over it. What we ought to do now it’s to confront this together. We made those vows, didn’t we?”

He looked into her bright blue eyes, recognizing Cadence’s very determined look in his own face. “You’re right, love. Let’s step forward.” She approached him and gave a soft nuzzle to his cheek and a peck on his lips. He was surprised to taste his own lips. Unlike Cadence’s soft, sweet lips, he found his quite rough. His mind lingered for some moments on the absurdity of the situation but then let himself enjoy the brief kiss. They broke apart and Shining felt the aftertaste. Their last kiss had been on that fateful night and he realized how he had missed her contact.

“Should we go, honey?” asked Cadence, smiling at him. He began to walk along her.

Greeting a couple of guards along the way, they crossed the empty main hall, through whose vitrals the dying light of dusk was filtered and made their way to the other side, to Celestia’s rooms.

Passing past a couple of doors, Shining knocked at the third one, the door to Celestia’s private study.

“Come in,” answered the voice of the Princess of the Sun and he pushed the door open to enter the room, with Cadence shutting it behind her.

Many cushions had been set on the middle of the room, serving as seats. At the left ot the chimney sat Luna and Twilight, just ahead of it lay Celestia and on her other side, Shining’s parents were sitting; the whole group looked at them. Luna had the very same look of barely controlled anger, while the unicorn by her side had abandoned her angry face and now looked as if on the verge of tears. Celestia held her same neutral expression while his parents just looked at them in shock. He lifted a hoof and cleared his throat.

“Good night, everypony?”
He saw his mother advance towards them. The unicorn mare with whom he shared a white coat -well, in his normal body, that was- stood in front of him, and looked into his eyes with an inquisitive expression which shifted from uncertainty, to recognition to a sad expression.

“Shiny?” whispered his mother, looking at him intently.

“Yes, mother, it’s me,” answered he simply. A trail of crystal clear tears flowed from her eyes as she gazed upon her firstborn.

“How could you let this happen?” She shifted her attention from her son to her son’s body, reaching towards it. “Cadence?”

“I don’t have an answer, Mrs. Star Gleam. I just don’t.”

The older mare sighed. She closed her eyes for a little and then opened them again. Now her face bore a warm smile and she looked back at her son.

“I can’t wait for it, Shiny. You’re going to be a father! And a mother too...” She chuckled and embraced her son and daughter in law.

“You have to be good parents, won’t you? Of course you will.”

She finally separated from the dumbstruck Shining and Cadence and went back next to her husband, who said nothing, only casting a glance upon them. When silence again filled the room, Celestia herself saw it fit to break it.

“The current circumstances are quite unusual indeed. For any normal couple this alone would be extenuating, but you’re a Princess and the Captain of the Royal Guard, and a Royal Consort. All the implications and troubles this incident would arise if it ever became a public domain matter would be truly disastrous.”

All the faces were turned back towards the Princess of the Sun, who herself had her sight set on the couple.

“We of the Royal family are the prime example for all of Equestria, and this issue would greatly tarnish our public image, something that we simply can’t afford.”

“And that is why my sister and I have come to a decision,” interjected Luna. She avoided looking at the couple, instead fixing her gaze at the youngest unicorn in the room.

“Shining Armor will go to reside in Ponyville for as long as the pregnancy lasts. He will stay with you. Nopony but the Elements of Harmony and one of the palace’s doctors, who will assist you must know about this. As for Cadence, we shall do an arrangement with the Vice-Captain of the Guard. He will assist you in your duties, ensuring that the statu quo is protected. All these ponies will be sworn to secrecy.”

Celestia spoke again. “We will deal with the public exposure for these arrangements. This is not open to discussion or complaint of any kind. This is a royal decree and a family order that you will obey,” said Celestia when the recently married couple opened their mouths to retort, silencing them on the spot. She turned towards the door, opening it with her magic.

On the other side, two unicorn stallions stood. One had a white coat covered by an equally white medical robe, red hair and golden eyes, with a caduceus as his cutie mark. The other wore a blue military coat over his black fur, had light silver eyes and hair; his flank bore the image of a shield and short sword.

“Please come on in and close the door behind you, gentlecolts,” instructed Celestia. They complied and walked over to the group, bowing before the Princesses.

Celestia nodded. “Sharp Scalpel, Iron Shield, what you will hear in here must not get outside of this circle, have you understood?”

“Perfectly, Princess. You know I stand at absolute discretion, as any respectable medical worker.”

“I abide by the royal orders,” answered the vice-captain, with a very militar stance.

“Very well. I will brief you on the situation and the orders that will be issued to you, then.”